Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Real Life and Real Wife

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

And here I thought she just came out of the shower with wet hair, lol.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It looked more wet than dirty to me.

I just cannot get down with the sleepwear though. Ok so maybe not sexy lingerie if you are not comfortable yet, but a pretty nightie? Maybe a cute cami/short set? 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

They showed Jamie and E’s conversation on the couch and he was telling her that it bothered him that she worked for her father. Asking her if it was a handout and telling her she took nepotism. 

I didn't get a sneak peek either. That conversation is not going to sit well with Elizabeth. Trouble is abrewing in Paradise.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I predict none of these couples will be having sexy time with all the T-shirt wearing I'm seeing. Nothing says "hey buddy ole pal" more than a t-shirt and sweats to bed.

How about dirty stringy hair along with a t- shirt saying “teacher”.  I just hope she doesn’t poop in front of him.  Hell pack so fast, you will only see a wind closing the door.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

I feel I'm watching everything quadruped this season.

Pastor Cal goes and visits all them, they all pack up and move the same and now they all have the identical apartments, but good to know Matt has his own bathroom (which is no big deal, Amber!).

Did they get a "rent 3 apts, get 1 free" deal?

At least there was the Sonic infomercial to break things up bit.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm not an animal lover and I'm really not here for the dogs on the bed. And I will never eat at Beth's house now that I know she shares dinnerware with her dogs. Gross.

Ugh, I feel even worse about this after seeing the promo for next week and being reminded she works for her dad. I hope they don’t do potlucks there because I’m sure Father Elizabeth would fire anyone who refused to try Chardonnay’s doggie-tainted casserole.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Loved the micro-expressions on Keith's face when Iris said she would have liked him to use those condoms on her: surprise > delight > confusion > fear.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

...Actually, I think it probably has a lot more to do with the fact he got his 'nookie' on the very first night, and the novelty has already worn off.

He’s a mover and a shaker, the guy readily admits he lives out of suitcase....he’s not ready to settle down any time soon.  He played the producers and now his wife.  Unless he starts talking like he is committed to settling down I just don’t think it’s going to work out.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Who else is not surprised Iris is a morning person...

Iris is an all day person. Sheesh. Take it down a notch. 

She and Keith are cute together but boring for the show. I wish Keith would stop saying the right thing all of the time. He brought condoms on the honeymoon, so he obviously thought he might be having sex with his new bride. I know he’s being patient, but I would love to hear Keith say it’s getting difficult not to have sex with his wife because she’s pretty and he’s horny. Now that would be fun. 

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I understand this.  Amber has abandonment issues, so they thought it was a good idea to pair her with a transient.  Really?  What on earth were they thinking?!

This was another bad week for Matt and Amber. And their talk with Pastor Cal did nothing to help them. Maybe it was the editing, but Pastor Cal kept cutting off Amber when she tried to talk. She said they’d been intimate physically, and she kept trying to add a ‘but the emotional intimacy isn’t there yet,’ but he wouldn’t let her speak. He kept steering the conversation where he wanted it to go. That’s a bad therapist.  Amber was very clingy and needy in this episode  

And Matt was dishonest with Amber and Pastor Cal about his feelings. No, he’s never going to fall in love with Amber. No, he doesn’t feel the same about her as she does about him. No, he isn’t comfortable with her financially supporting him. I don’t know if it’s his shyness or his introversion, but he kept giving these pat answers and saying everything he thought people wanted him to say. And no one seemed to pick up on that: not Jamie O or Pastor Cal, and certainly not Amber. 

What’s interesting is that during Unfiltered, JamieO asked Big Red how she would feel about her husband going away for several months for work. And she was excited. She was all, “Let’s go. Where are we going?” The thing is, Matt didn’t invite Amber along for his hypothetical basketball season oversees . I don’t think he was envisioning her being there with him. Poor Amber. 

However, I don’t fault him for wanting his own bathroom.  I certainly would if there were one available. 

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I thought she was trying to be cute by talking like a little baby.  Annoying.

Maybe, but I think she still gets nervous around Greg, and the silly/funny voices are her attempt to hide her nervousness. I think Deonna likes Greg, but she doesn’t seem to be into him romantically or sexually. I hope her feelings grow. I really like seeing the two of them together. 

• Love 15

Cal needed to tell Amber to calm the hell down....her insecurity is bordering on pathetic....

Matt is scared of Amber’s intensity....like a Lifetime movie fear.....his first instinct is to run....

Matt, don’t tell Amber your next address...she definitely will show up and crawl through the doggie door to get in....

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Cal needed to tell Amber to calm the hell down....her insecurity is bordering on pathetic....

Matt is scared of Amber’s intensity....like a Lifetime movie fear.....his first instinct is to run....

Matt, don’t tell Amber your next address...she definitely will show up and crawl through the doggie door to get in....

You’re hilarious. But to be fair, Amber thought she was going to be matched with someone who as into the process as she is. And Matt isn’t. He is not that someone. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 6:22 PM, PityFree said:

Most of the couples’ issues are simply going  from living alone to having a roommate.

And seeing things like your wife's tacky taste in decorating, that your significant other is extremely anal about drawer liners, or too organized, doesn’t or does make the bed etc.....little things to get used to or maybe not for some people.  I found myself annoyed with Matts noisy eating lol. 

Edited by endure
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

All for couples are living in the same building? Easier for the experts to visit, no traveling around to four different places. Greg will miss his house for sure. 

But i bet he is happy not to have shedding dog in his house 🏡 

• Love 4
(edited)

Iris...has a designated sink to wash hands only...the other for washing faces...that is a higher level of loony fastidiousness....

Iris will have all kinds of rules for sexy time....the right hand is for doing this...the left hand does that only....now remember!

Greg can shower his affection on Sandy....that may warm Deonna's cold dark heart....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
(edited)
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris will have a tough time getting over Keith's peniz having a past.....

I guess she should have married a virgin

Edited by endure
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, endure said:

But i bet he is happy not to have shedding dog in his house 🏡 

Wait till she covers every surface with open jewelry boxes bottles brushes etc.     At least you can dust the floor I doubt you can dust around every jam packed shelf and counter and dresser top.   She makes me look like a minimalist.   Her take on the beautiful four bedroom house was how you going to clean it?  Easy . 

Damn the dresser is new just wipe it out.

Those crunching noises were sound effects no? I’d get up and move into the bathroom. 

Old lady Iris is going to kill any hope of success , she didn’t have any of those bed requirements on the honeymoon?  Don’t know if it was camera placement but everyone but Matt and Ambers bed looked like king size  looks like maybe she put a bedspread from home  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

[Matt] is weird and a close second (to Luke) as being one of the worst castings on this show. 

I guess it's a point in his favor that he presented himself during the casting interviews the exact same way -- low affect, dull monotone voice, evasive about his past. humorless, white socks.

I'm sure Beth has dedicated dog dishes, but once tableware goes through the washer it doesn't matter to me if other humans have eaten and drunk off it. Same with a pet.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Those crunching noises were sound effects no? I’d get up and move into the bathroom. 

She’d probably expect him to follow her.

Was that a Crown Royal Apple bag Keith keeps his condoms in? Bless his heart.

Can someone please take Jamie and his muffin top shopping for some better-fitting clothes? Maybe Matt can swing by and drop off his “hubby” shirt for Jamie to try on.  We all know it’s never been worn.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Wait till she covers every surface with open jewelry boxes bottles brushes etc.     At least you can dust the floor I doubt you can dust around every jam packed shelf and counter and dresser top.   She makes me look like a minimalist.   Her take on the beautiful four bedroom house was how you going to clean it?  Easy . 

Damn the dresser is new just wipe it out.

Old lady Iris is going to kill any hope of success , she didn’t have any of those bed requirements on the honeymoon?  Don’t know if it was camera placement but everyone but Matt and Ambers bed looked like king size  looks like maybe she put a bedspread from home  

I thought the crunching was Matt eating nachos 

......and how many shot glasses does Deonna have?

It is funny how she is the clutter queen of bad taste and Greg is the complete opposite.  Something like that could be a deal breaker for some.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Deonna's cartoon voices are like her other personas...Sybil much?

"The dog" has issues around men....um, okay Deonna.... whatever you think to help Sandy get to a good place.....

Iris has other personas as well.  They both do baby talk.  Weird.  And annoying.  

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

She’s getting to be a pain in the ass.  Keith is a Saint to tolerate all her quirks.

I thought Keith was quiet and calm but thinking now that he just can’t get a word in when he’s around the always animated Iris.  

It’s good that some of these people like each other because their eight weeks together for me is starting to feel like it’s measured in dog years.  

Elizabeth started out as a hot mess and has stayed true to form.  Amber’s abandonment issues compete with his divorce issues and she often looks sloppy.  Iris was stunning at their wedding and now sometimes looks like Lenny Kravitz.  And Deonna - She doesn’t do judgement. She doesn’t do compliments.  She doesn’t do smitten.  She doesn’t do ex-es. She doesn’t do high-fives.  She still often acts like he’s bothering her or that he’s invading her world.  Greg and Keith have gotten even better over time while Matt seems all over the place and Jamie is a strange ranger who seems to sometimes have difficulty just being civil when speaking to big red.  My pal Cal didn’t seem to give them much of anything constructive but at least he didn’t say marriage ain’t for punks.     

Curious to see how D Day goes.  Hope it’s soon.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

Matt having to steal little pieces of his childhood....sad.

Pictures of his middle school self in a box stored in the backseat of his car parked at a friend’s father’s house....also sad.

Matt’s reaction to his contentious parents’ divorce is to cut himself off from his family....emotionally easier to escape to foreign lands to play and play...prolonging adolescence....

Amber’s reaction to her mother’s abandonment of the family is to become a barnacle....a nuisance stuck hard and fast and unwilling to let go....

Iris rummaging through Keith’s bedside drawer on camera...who does she think she is...Dr Pepper?

The impossibly photogenic Iris is now edited as a kooky cocoa puff whose germ phobia manifests itself with rules about how close you can sit to the pillows with “outside clothes” on and then only on a blanket throw covering the bed’s comforter....eerily reminiscent of billionaire Howard Hughes’ obsession of picking objects up only with tissues....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

I agree with whomever said that Amber looks like John Travolta. The resemblance is uncanny, and, for Amber, it's not a good thing. 

Also, isn't Amber an ENGLISH teacher?! I'd like to think that she'd know the proper usage of when/whenever.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

All of Amber’s clothes are so ugly and inappropriate for a 30 year old (the Capt. American tank top was the final straw) that she needs to throw them away and go shopping with Deonna and Iris, both who have a better grip on how to dress attractively.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

First product placement - Sonic.

I absolutely cringed at that. And the trashy styrofoam and plastic crap they consume it from. And the fried chicken in the car. Yuk

• Love 3

Who thought it was a good idea to have all four couples move into the same apartment complex?  I can see the other three wives gossiping about Elizabeth’s marriage, as we all know she’s loud and crazy. Speaking of Beth, kudos to Dr. Viviana for calling her out on the disrespectful way she spoke to Jamie in public. Beth is definitely the AJ of this season, loud and obnoxious for absolutely no reason. Pastor Cal gave Iris and Keith some good advice, “don’t let waiting to have sex become the focus of your marriage.” Iris was a little too dramatic when she found the empty box, but I give her credit for saying she wishes he used them with her. Loved Pastor Cal’s reaction to Deaona’s too many compliments statement. Sis what woman doesn’t want her man to compliment her? Get it together girl. 

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Iris...let Keith get a word in...her jabbering is an ice pick to my ears.

How can a woman be so beautiful yet so unsexy at the same time? 

Jamie had me laughing when he was in Red's place and said "nothing matches" with a look of horror on his face. I'm the same way about decorating. I can't stand seeing a bunch of cheap mismatched junk all over the place. 

Greg telling Deonna that if her doggie Sandy can like him so quickly then she should be able to, too. He's adorable and has a nice personality. Real Estate ain't cheap in Charlotte. Greg is doing very well for himself. 

Amber is just a sad sack pain in the ass, not that Matt is any prize, either. I'm shocked they are having sex because there is not one ounce of chemistry between them. A very strange couple. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I didn't get a sneak peek either. That conversation is not going to sit well with Elizabeth. Trouble is abrewing in Paradise.

She told him it would push her away. I’m sure it’s not the first time a man has questioned the weirdness of her relationship with her father. She probably dumps them all. He was kinda an ass about it though. 

7 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

That said, Amber needed to go into therapy about 20 years ago. This Stage 5 clinger wouldn't have made a good 8-week spouse for a stranger, either.

Greg is a prince.

Yes, to both. Greg is a KING! 

Amber, poor thing. I just don’t see where it ends. What if Matt wants to go to Vegas with his friends or hell, what if he goes to the gym without her? Will that trigger her always present abandonment issues? I’m not trying to be slight about her mom leaving but cajoling Matt to do what she wants by bringing up her issues isn’t healthy. I think he’s already got half his lanky body out the door anyway. That’s just gonna push him even faster. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Kareem said:

Iris was stunning at their wedding and now sometimes looks like Lenny Kravitz.  

I’m trying to understand the problem. 😂 

Funny you made that comparison though because her headwrap made me think of one his mother wore on an episode of the Jeffersons. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Amber  girl,  I'm telling you: You aren't at your best,  shall we say,  au naturel, and when you add in stringy hair,   you're making foreign roundball look better and better to Matt. And do NOT share a bathroom! 😝

Men who are neater than women.  Who knew?! 😱

Deonna, if you don't want a man with that awesome house, I'll take him! Jeesh, what a ridiculous reaction to Greg's success! "He's only one person!" "A deck AND a (whatever it was)??!"

Iris, you now have Snooper's Regret. Never look or inquire if you aren't prepared for any eventuality. J/S. (I think she wasn't happy about Keith's keeping the empty box---better not to KNOW---not the fact that he isn't the male Iris.)

Big dogs,  little dogs,  cats---I wonder if  "pets" were part of the NAFS questionnaire. 😁 I gotta admit: I think E's dogs,  Deonna's "fur baby" Sandy, and Jamie's cat are all cute as proverbial buttons!

Who gets the "Most Patient Husband" award,  Keith or Greg?

Both.  Either they are “yes” men or stupid.  Already, Iris is a pain, screeching and nosey going thru his things.  Both guys are nice and good looking, and they are too patient with these two nut jobs.  It’s a one way marriage, theirs.  Men have rights too.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, PityFree said:

They can’t do it until the  producers have figured out another storyline for them because other than the virginity that’s all they’ve got.

Boy, these two guys are patient.  Those girls walking around in their bikinis on a beautiful romantic island and getting zilch.

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

...Actually, I think it probably has a lot more to do with the fact he got his 'nookie' on the very first night, and the novelty has already worn off.

And, she’s all over him like glue.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, endure said:

And seeing things like you wife's tacky taste in decorating, that your significant other is extremely anal about drawer liners, or too organized, doesn’t or does make the bed etc.....little things to get used to or maybe not for some people.  I found myself annoyed with Matts noisy eating lol. 

It was gross. It sounded like the put the mic next to his mouth as he was eating those nachos. 

7 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Can someone please take Jamie and his muffin top shopping for some better-fitting clothes? Maybe Matt can swing by and drop off his “hubby” shirt for Jamie to try on.  We all know it’s never been worn.

He is just grossly unattractive in the clothing he chooses. I'm with those who say he's just enjoying all the crazy sex that he's getting. 

29 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s a one way marriage, theirs.  Men have rights too.

THIS-- a thousand times-- is what drives me up the wall. Who the hell are the women to think that okay, I'm with you now so you I get all of the accommodations and you need to bow to what I want. Worse are the men who kiss their ass and do this. That's not even close to starting on equal footing, that's keeping your true feelings locked away to keep her happy. The problem with that is the other person is not seeing the real you, so months later when you say, "The dogs can't be on the bed," or whatever your complaint is, becomes an issue because "you never complained about this before..." The women, desperate to have husbands, all try to be as accommodating as possible in the beginning so it would behoove the men to be themselves from the jump.

I would never go on this show anyway but boy, if I did, I'd probably be skewered in this forum. I'm about 5'2", sporty, never wore make up and wear tee shirts and shorts to bed (lounge pants in winter) and it's just never been an issue for me. I don't have dirty hair or anything though!

• Love 4

Eating in the car is part of Matt's lifestyle. He's always packed and ready to go.

I'm taking a poll (just roll with it--tm Jamie): Who amongst you would consider having your car "detailed" while you were, say, at work or maybe at a movie? Does he think people want this done at their home, maybe on their driveway? Better hope for sunny days, Matty!

IDGI!

Does Matt envision his going around with some huge ventilated truck on which to load these vehicles for the detailing? Or does he see himself in a heavy-duty paint mask, working in some parking lot using "car detailing" equipment that he lugs around in his own car? Or does he think somehow he'll take out a huge loan to hire a crew?

IDGI!

Did this "career" idea come to Matt after he rejected fireman, cowboy, and astronaut?!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Me too. I’d have cleaned that place before moving in.

Agree, and I've also burned sage in a new place. Ideally I'd go there the day before a move-in armed with cleaning products.

And my friend's mother told her before she married that the key to a functional marriage was separate bathrooms. I remember when my other friend's parents retired and downsized, the one caveat the mother had when they looked for a condo in the city was that she have her own bathroom because she was sick of sharing with her husband. They'd been married like 40 years so she clearly LIKES the guy, she just wants to do her ablutions away from him. I though Amber overreacted. It's not that deep.

50 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Amber, poor thing. I just don’t see where it ends. What if Matt wants to go to Vegas with his friends or hell, what if he goes to the gym without her? Will that trigger her always present abandonment issues? I’m not trying to be slight about her mom leaving but cajoling Matt to do what she wants by bringing up her issues isn’t healthy. I think he’s already got half his lanky body out the door anyway. That’s just gonna push him even faster. 

I sympathize with Amber about her abandonment issues - I can only imagine what it would be like to have your mother abandon you. But I would go completely insane with a man who wanted to be up under me all the time, so I find her clinginess unappealing. I remember I had a college friend and he and I and a bunch of other people were hanging out, including his girlfriend, who was very clingy. He remembered that he had to drop off a form and said he'd be right back and she IMMEDIATELY got up and said she'd go with him. This was a ten-minute errand, tops. She had severe abandonment issues (she and her sister were literally abandoned at birth and adopted) so he tried to be patient, but he ultimately broke up with her over her clinginess.

52 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I’m sure it’s not the first time a man has questioned the weirdness of her relationship with her father. She probably dumps them all. He was kinda an ass about it though. 

The nepotism wouldn't bother me if Elizabeth and her father had healthy boundaries in the rest of their lives. Lots of people work in family businesses. But Elizabeth and her father CLEARLY have no boundaries anywhere, and Jamie is right to be concerned about it, and I would be really surprised if it hasn't come up in her relationships before. If her father is comfortable saying "Let's hope [your intended] doesn't have a small penis," that means she talks to him about her sex life, which I think is completely inappropriate. And Jamie saw how Dad freaked out when he mentioned lying down with her. That's fucked up, and it would give me tremendous pause.

I'd be mad as hell if I were Greg. His house is nicer than those apartments!

1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm taking a poll (just roll with it--tm Jamie): Who amongst you would consider having your car "detailed" while you were, say, at work or maybe at a movie?

I might, yeah. Not a movie, but at work. I used to work in an exurb (which I hated, I'm a city person) and the company had a relationship with one of the garages nearby for routine maintenance - you could have your oil changed, etc. while you were at work and they'd pick up and drop off your car. And a quick Google search for "mobile car detailing" turns up lots of businesses, so it's an idea with something behind it. I don't know what Matt needs to get this going, and I have no idea if he has the acumen behind it, but I don't think it's an idea without merit.

I could see this being particularly popular in LA, where people are a) into their cars and b) busy. I have no idea what car culture is like in Charlotte though.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Eating in the car is part of Matt's lifestyle. He's always packed and ready to go.

I'm taking a poll (just roll with it--tm Jamie): Who amongst you would consider having your car "detailed" while you were, say, at work or maybe at a movie? Does he think people want this done at their home, maybe on their driveway? Better hope for sunny days, Matty!

I had to Google detailing. It seems like it is cleaning and vacuuming, steaming, polishing up the outside, etc. kind of stuff. I would think that is a sort of weekend type drop off thing like a car wash. He keep saying "starting this detailing business" rather than "opening up" so I agree: where is this going to take place, what experience does he have doing this and when is it getting started? He is just bankrolling this operation with his low level b-ball money or will he be doing the physical labor? I can't see that lasting very long: sweating to death all day doing manual labor and collecting a few bucks or hitting the road and earning enough to live out of a suitcase and stay unattached. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm not an animal lover and I'm really not here for the dogs on the bed. And I will never eat at Beth's house now that I know she shares dinnerware with her dogs. Gross.

Mr. red12 and I had the exact same reaction to watching that dog drink out of the glass. There are absolutely loss leaders when it comes to Elizabeth's personality but, that on top of her over the top criticism of Jamie's organized apartment took me out.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing. It looked more wet than dirty to me.

I just cannot get down with the sleepwear though. Ok so maybe not sexy lingerie if you are not comfortable yet, but a pretty nightie? Maybe a cute cami/short set? 

I always said the same thing.  They go to bed with sport shorts and t- shirts.  They wear bikinis almost naked.  Why not go to bed pretty?  Go to Victoria Secret and go to bed like a woman.  You’re married now.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, PityFree said:

I am right there with Jamie about not letting animals use human utensils and plates and cups. Gross. 

She and her dog would have been going back to daddy if I was Jamie

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I always said the same thing.  They go to bed with sport shorts and t- shirts.  They wear bikinis almost naked.  Why not go to bed pretty?  Go to Victoria Secret and go to bed like a woman.  You’re married now.

That is so sexist.  But I agree 🤷‍♀️. Sorry.  A nice camisole? Some boyshorts? something damn.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

THIS-- a thousand times-- is what drives me up the wall. Who the hell are the women to think that okay, I'm with you now so you I get all of the accommodations and you need to bow to what I want. Worse are the men who kiss their ass and do this. That's not even close to starting on equal footing, that's keeping your true feelings locked away to keep her happy. The problem with that is the other person is not seeing the real you, so months later when you say, "The dogs can't be on the bed," or whatever your complaint is, becomes an issue because "you never complained about this before..." The women, desperate to have husbands, all try to be as accommodating as possible in the beginning so it would behoove the men to be themselves from the jump.

I think the "you I get all of the accommodations and you need to bow to what I want." mindset is a holdover of old school traditional American patriarchy. It told all of us that women were basically in charge of the home. Men were neanderthals without the ability to buy a towel or boil water so, mommy-wife needed to take that over. In exchange, the big strong man would make all of the money, make the money decisions and generally tell her what to do if he wanted.

I think we are in a phase where everyone has to adjust. There are women who want an equal say but, also all of the "benefits" of the old way inside the home. Just as there are young men  who want a wife to be an earner but, also a mommy-wife who rarely complains and is DTF. I agree with you that it's up to both parties in the relationship to be honest and navigate compromises that they can both live with.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, red12 said:

Mr. red12 and I had the exact same reaction to watching that dog drink out of the glass. There are absolutely loss leaders when it comes to Elizabeth's personality but, that on top of her over the top criticism of Jamie's organized apartment took me out.

10 minutes ago, spunky said:

She and her dog would have been going back to daddy if I was Jamie

Big Red must be laying it on Jamie so hard, she's got his head spinning. He's tolerating crap that would normally send him running for the hills: her dad, her criticisms, her melodrama, her eclectic apartment, the sage, the face masks, and the dog drinking out of human dishes. 

6 hours ago, Kareem said:

I thought Keith was quiet and calm but thinking now that he just can’t get a word in when he’s around the always animated Iris.  

Iris is a bit much, but she does pause to ask Keith questions or wait for him to talk. But the dude has got nothing. I don't know if he's holding back or if he just doesn't have a lot to say. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, topanga said:

Iris is an all day person. Sheesh. Take it down a notch. 

She and Keith are cute together but boring for the show. I wish Keith would stop saying the right thing all of the time. He brought condoms on the honeymoon, so he obviously thought he might be having sex with his new bride. I know he’s being patient, but I would love to hear Keith say it’s getting difficult not to have sex with his wife because she’s pretty and he’s horny. Now that would be fun. 

This was another bad week for Matt and Amber. And their talk with Pastor Cal did nothing to help them. Maybe it was the editing, but Pastor Cal kept cutting off Amber when she tried to talk. She said they’d been intimate physically, and she kept trying to add a ‘but the emotional intimacy isn’t there yet,’ but he wouldn’t let her speak. He kept steering the conversation where he wanted it to go. That’s a bad therapist.  Amber was very clingy and needy in this episode  

And Matt was dishonest with Amber and Pastor Cal about his feelings. No, he’s never going to fall in love with Amber. No, he doesn’t feel the same about her as she does about him. No, he isn’t comfortable with her financially supporting him. I don’t know if it’s his shyness or his introversion, but he kept giving these pat answers and saying everything he thought people wanted him to say. And no one seemed to pick up on that: not Jamie O or Pastor Cal, and certainly not Amber. 

What’s interesting is that during Unfiltered, JamieO asked Big Red how she would feel about her husband going away for several months for work. And she was excited. She was all, “Let’s go. Where are we going?” The thing is, Matt didn’t invite Amber along for his hypothetical basketball season oversees . I don’t think he was envisioning her being there with him. Poor Amber. 

However, I don’t fault him for wanting his own bathroom.  I certainly would if there were one available. 

Maybe, but I think she still gets nervous around Greg, and the silly/funny voices are her attempt to hide her nervousness. I think Deonna likes Greg, but she doesn’t seem to be into him romantically or sexually. I hope her feelings grow. I really like seeing the two of them together. 

But, at 30 yrs old, doesn’t she know that sex goes along with marriage?  The  girl has to chill and have a glass of wine to loosen up.  She must be a Virgin too. Who knows.  She seems scared.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3