Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

On 2/2/2022 at 11:46 PM, maggiemae said:

MM does not mind trashing Whoopi. And is too stupid to remember her dad got her the job through Whoopi.

It bothered me the way she so gleefully (and so publicly) threw Whoopi under the bus.  Whoopi was her protector and greatest defender until Meghan pushed her too far.

I also thought she poured it on a little thick in the article when she wrote about leaving the show.  I don't know what the general consensus is here but I've always felt they fired her ass. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

I don't know what the general consensus is here but I've always felt they fired her ass.

I think ABC let her save face and let her say whatever she wanted but it's widely believed she was fired.

6 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

It bothered me the way she so gleefully (and so publicly) threw Whoopi under the bus.

Meghan has no loyalty to anyone but herself.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

It bothered me the way she so gleefully (and so publicly) threw Whoopi under the bus.  Whoopi was her protector and greatest defender until Meghan pushed her too far.

Love her or hate her, no one wants to get into a battle with Whoopi. Certainly not a washed up irrelevant former cohost whose only talent is being a daughter. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Love her or hate her, no one wants to get into a battle with Whoopi. Certainly not a washed up irrelevant former cohost whose only talent is being a daughter. 

I used to love the way M would cut off the other co-hosts and tell them they knew nothing about politics because she was a DC insider.  Your daughter comment reminded me of all of Meghan's 'special talents'   

I've watched this show since it premiered in Aug 97 and I can truly say she was the worst of the bunch by far.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

I've watched this show since it premiered in Aug 97 and I can truly say she was the worst of the bunch by far.

Same here! And that's really saying something considering some of the hosts we've sat through 

• Love 8
Just now, Tammy12 said:

Same here! And that's really saying something considering some of the hosts we've sat through 

I have to admit when Rosie Perez was on I started turning the channel.  She only seemed confident when she spoke about boxing.  BOXING!!  The other low point for me was Jenny McCarthy and the Raven/Candace era.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

I have to admit when Rosie Perez was on I started turning the channel.  She only seemed confident when she spoke about boxing.  BOXING!!  The other low point for me was Jenny McCarthy and the Raven/Candace era.  

Raven and Candance wore the letters off the mute button of my remote 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I stopped watching after Joy left in 2013 and didn't come back till the fall of 2017. So I missed a lot of bad cohosts.  For me the standard of bad before Meghan was Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  After her split screen with Rosie O she became insufferable.  She would say the most obnoxious stuff.  Begin almost every sentence with "as a mother" or "as a Christian".   I had a friend who called her TLB (torture loving Barbie).  I thought she would live in infamy as the worst cohost ever. And then Meghan McCain appeared and said hold my beer.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I stopped watching after Joy left in 2013 and didn't come back till the fall of 2017. So I missed a lot of bad cohosts.  For me the standard of bad before Meghan was Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  After her split screen with Rosie O she became insufferable.  She would say the most obnoxious stuff.  Begin almost every sentence with "as a mother" or "as a Christian".   I had a friend who called her TLB (torture loving Barbie).  I thought she would live in infamy as the worst cohost ever. And then Meghan McCain appeared and said hold my beer.

I didn't watch as consistently back then, but based on clips, it sounds like Elisabeth said crazy shit no one would be okay with if it didn't come from a cute little blonde. Rosie sorta said as much in one argument, that their debate would be seen as "big, fat lesbian loudmouth Rosie" goes after "pure, sweet Christian Elisabeth." 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn't watch as consistently back then, but based on clips, it sounds like Elisabeth said crazy shit no one would be okay with if it didn't come from a cute little blonde. Rosie sorta said as much in one argument, that their debate would be seen as "big, fat lesbian loudmouth Rosie" goes after "pure, sweet Christian Elisabeth." 

I do wonder if she was a cohost now and said the things she said then if she would have been cancelled.  She was such a nasty person and tried to play it like she was such a sweet person.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I do wonder if she was a cohost now and said the things she said then if she would have been cancelled.  She was such a nasty person and tried to play it like she was such a sweet person.

Agree. I don't care how much someone preaches goodness or how politely they speak. I pay attention to how they treat people, in particular those who are different from them. Rosie O always showed much more heart than Elisabeth imo. I'd say more but board rules. 

• Love 10

Well, during Bitsy's stint, she didn't get away with the shit-talking. The other hosts pushed back. And when she blamed Erin Andrews for being stalked because of the way she dressed on Dancing With the Stars, she sort of did a non-apology, using her daughter Grace. But the important thing is, she got backlash and had to say she was shit talking.

The same cannot be said for Miss Twatty.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, during Bitsy's stint, she didn't get away with the shit-talking. The other hosts pushed back. And when she blamed Erin Andrews for being stalked because of the way she dressed on Dancing With the Stars, she sort of did a non-apology, using her daughter Grace. But the important thing is, she got backlash and had to say she was shit talking.

The same cannot be said for Miss Twatty.

Oh yeah, I remember that. What happened to Erin was disgusting, and not that it would have made what Elisabeth said okay, but I don't even think her costumes showed more than anyone else's on DWTS. I remember one of the ladies called out Elisabeth for dressing sexy herself. 

• Love 5

Meghan is releasing her book in hard-cover:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcBmMZ6uI4d/

The time has come - Bad Republican will finally be released in hard cover on April 26th!!

I went back and forth with my agent, family, friends, etc. about if this was worth releasing in print form because I have loved all of you receiving it as a verbal story from my literal voice with it’s original @audible release and I have already been so overwhelmed by the response.

But… some of you are old school and I respect it. So, I will be doing a baby book/press tour for its release April 26th. This book was the most personal singular piece of work I’ve ever produced and it still feels like talking about my diary openly in public. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all the incredible responses. I hope you will enjoy reading it on paper as well (if you want to)! All my love to all the fellow Bad Republicans (and politically homeless and frustrated), this was always for all of you. Xoxo

• LOL 2
On 4/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, Prairie Rose said:

Somehow I don't think her former comrades will have her on to promote it. 

Do you think 'everyone in the audience will be going home with a copy' ?

• LOL 4
4 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

Do you think 'everyone in the audience will be going home with a copy' ?

If so, it would get an even more lackluster response with the audience than Chris Christie's book got. 😂

• LOL 2

Candace Cameron Bure has signed a mega deal with GAC to produce and star in movies after leaving the Hallmark channel behind. She is without a doubt the most successful of the former hosts of the View. Now she can produce some great family friendly fare on a channel that is truly dedicated to serving that market.

I wonder what mystery series she will start now that the Aurora Teagarden series is canceled.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Trevor Noah at the Correspondents Dinner:

This is an exclusive event,” he added. “In fact, coming in, I heard Meghan McCain telling the bouncer, ‘Do you know who my father was?!’ They were like, you have a ticket, you can come in, but she insisted on telling them who her father was anyway.😏

Yeah, i didn't think that one went over big. He seemed like mid joke he tried to make it seem less funny or hurtful.  Not sure.  Was that her when they flashed to the audience?  She had a huge hair thing on so couldn't tell.  Trevor got better as he went along.  It was good overall imho

(edited)
8 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah, i didn't think that one went over big. He seemed like mid joke he tried to make it seem less funny or hurtful.  

Trevor may have noticed that Ben Domenech is a lot bigger than he is and didn't want to get slapped or pummeled.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah, i didn't think that one went over big. He seemed like mid joke he tried to make it seem less funny or hurtful.  Not sure.  Was that her when they flashed to the audience?  She had a huge hair thing on so couldn't tell.  Trevor got better as he went along.  It was good overall imho

Meghan was there last night.  Wonder if she interacted with Sunny and Ana.  They both looked great in white.  Meghan looked matronly in navy blue.

• Love 3
(edited)

McCain claims in her tweet that the book was released in hard copy but was never intended to be anything other than a "collectible" for people who've already got the audible version.  Uh huh.  Aside from my belief that a major publishing company is simply not going to do that I would also contend that since they are trying to sell it on kindle now (would a copy on kindle be considered a "collectible??) as well her contention that they never expected to make significant sales is just, well, nonsense.  I guess I can't blame her for wanting to save face, but sheesh!

Edited by SusanM
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I never understood the only-on-audible initial release in the first place.  Most books are released in both hard cover and audible (and of course kindle, etc.).  And now they're releasing the hard copy seven months later?  Why now?  Why not then?  Makes no sense.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

A sample review from Amazon:

i was so looking forward to reading this as i am an independent and appreciate someone who can see all sides. what i got was a whiny little girl who complained about LIFE everything in life that EVERYONE has to deal with and most do it without feeling sorry for themselves
she is beyond blessed with family support and financial resources and she still whines about EVERYTHING that is simply life. so sorry i wasted my time

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
(edited)

^ That's our Megs, all right.  The perpetual victim despite having everything handed to her on a silver platter.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I never understood the only-on-audible initial release in the first place.  Most books are released in both hard cover and audible.  And now they're releasing the hard copy seven months later?  Why now?  Why not then?  Makes no sense.  

It was probably an audio only release because the publisher knew it wouldn't sell well in hard copy form.  But Meghan being Meghan probably did her do you know who my father is speil and gave her this soft release she speaks of.

6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

^ That's our Megs, all right.  The perpetual victim despite having everything handed to her on a silver plate.

Exactly.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

I see Meghan is trending on twitter for only selling 244 copies of her book. 

Couldn't happen to a nicer person. If I ever come across a free copy, it will come in handy as kitty litter for my cats. 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

A sample review from Amazon:

i was so looking forward to reading this as i am an independent and appreciate someone who can see all sides. what i got was a whiny little girl who complained about LIFE everything in life that EVERYONE has to deal with and most do it without feeling sorry for themselves
she is beyond blessed with family support and financial resources and she still whines about EVERYTHING that is simply life. so sorry i wasted my time

I've said more or less on here many times. Maybe I find it especially annoying because my sister is a bit like Meghan. She's not an heiress (I wish lol), and she's a much nicer person. But she has SO much going for herself and is a perpetual victim. When you don't have as much but are trying to look for all the joy you can find, people like that can be exhausting. 

• Love 9

I checked Amazon and a hardback copy is $26. Coming soon to a bargain bin near you!

The Amazon reviews were hysterical though. Mainly one-star with a handful of five-star reviews which I'm sure were placed there to up her overall star rating. Probably Meghan's friends and family, and Meghan herself.😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

There is a YouTube channel called Meghan McCain is the worst and the guy who does it listened to each chapter and did a recap. I watched every one of them because he detests Meghan as much as I do and his videos are always spot on. From what he said her audio book was just her normal word salad self serving stream of her worldview.  In other words life is soooo hard for me.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 5/7/2022 at 2:49 AM, Gemma Violet said:

I never understood the only-on-audible initial release in the first place.  Most books are released in both hard cover and audible (and of course kindle, etc.).  And now they're releasing the hard copy seven months later?  Why now?  Why not then?  Makes no sense.  

I hated listening to Meghan talk on The View.  I can't fathom anyone paying money to hear her ramble on and on.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 5/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, Vanderboom said:

Steve Schmidt is going off on Meghan in a thread calling her out on her behavior:

I just read through his tweets and he really nails her behavior and implies that Cindy, at least, recognized she'd raised a monster ego.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2