Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I just read through his tweets and he really nails her behavior and implies that Cindy, at least, recognized she'd raised a monster ego.  

Is Meghan's pedophile accusation just a Q thing or does she mean something else? 

• Love 3

Does Meghan really think the publishers would release a 'hard cover copy' of her audio book as a 'collectible' to those who already listened to the audio ? AS though she's been a top selling author for thirty years and now her book is being released as a 'collectible item' which will go up in value ?  She's outta her tree. 

And it's not saying much if only 244 people who 'listened' to her book want the collectible. No mater how you slice it - it's a flop. 

• Love 17
(edited)
4 hours ago, GloccaMorra said:

Does Meghan really think the publishers would release a 'hard cover copy' of her audio book as a 'collectible' to those who already listened to the audio ? AS though she's been a top selling author for thirty years and now her book is being released as a 'collectible item' which will go up in value ?  She's outta her tree. 

And it's not saying much if only 244 people who 'listened' to her book want the collectible. No mater how you slice it - it's a flop. 

The only gig she could get after The View was as a columnist for The Daily Fail, ahem, Mail. Not exactly WaPo or NYT.

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

I just read through his tweets and he really nails her behavior and implies that Cindy, at least, recognized she'd raised a monster ego.  

I always wondered how the brothers and John's children by the 1ST wife dealt with St. Meghan.  I didn't realize John had so many other children until the funeral.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess the panel at the View wont be reviewing Meghan's book, or Steve Schmidt's truth tweets as one of their Hot Topics.

Damn. That sure would be delicious.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 5/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, GloccaMorra said:

I hope the Youtube guy who listened to her audiobook so we wouldn't have to earned more from clicks than MM did from her audio and printed versions. He was much more entertaining than MM could ever be.

• Love 5

Article in People:

https://people.com/tv/meghan-mccain-talks-friendship-former-view-cohost-sunny-hostin/

Meghan McCain on Her Friendship with Former View Co-Host Sunny Hostin: 'She Didn't Demonize Me'

Meghan McCain has remained close to one of her former colleagues at The View after her departure.

During an appearance on Stitcher's Reality with The King podcast, McCain opened up about her bond with her former co-worker Sunny Hostin.

"Sunny is one of the greatest TV presences in all of television. I keep telling her she should have her own show," McCain, 37, told host Carlos King of Hostin, 53. "I don't know why MSNBC isn't trying to poach her for Rachel Maddow's spot."

The Bad Republican author continued, "She's by far the most politically savvy person on that show. And extremely curious in a way I didn't find anyone else I worked with. Like, curious about different aspects of politics."

Even though McCain has remained friends with Hostin since her departure, she doesn't have that same level of closeness with the rest of the cast.

"She's the only cast member I still have a relationship with," McCain continued. "I have such love for her and respect for her. She's a really good person and she didn't demonize me the way a lot of other people did, for whatever that's worth."

"It was a privilege to be on for four years. I have moved on. I don't watch the show at all. It doesn't really enter my lexicon that often, even just the feeds I follow on Twitter and the news I read and the pop culture I consume," she said on the podcast. "Most of the pop culture I consume, it's a lot of Housewives, so I don't watch anymore and it would be too weird to watch." 

"I don't miss it and I think it's because I had such a hard time my last season," she continued. "It was a really hard time in my life. I've been really open, in my book, about what happened. I felt like I owed it to give more context to my experience. I think my experience on the show suffered a lot with COVID and Zoom. I think it's a lot easier to hate someone through a box and through a screen and to not understand where they're coming from." 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan McCain on Her Friendship with Former View Co-Host Sunny Hostin: 'She Didn't Demonize Me'

Just because she doesn't demonize you doesn't mean she's a friend.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Just because she doesn't demonize you doesn't mean she's a friend.

I think for Sunny this was a case of keep your enemies close.

Meghan takes any sign of someone being even remotely nice to her or just acknowledging her at all as a friendship.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Does anyone know why Michelle Collins was abruptly fired from the show a few years ago?  I wasn’t watching at the time.  She’s on the Hoda segment on Today today and is quite entertaining.  She mentioned her current podcast….just wondering about what happened.  

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know why Michelle Collins was abruptly fired from the show a few years ago?  I wasn’t watching at the time.  She’s on the Hoda segment on Today today and is quite entertaining.  She mentioned her current podcast….just wondering about what happened.  

Here's an article from 2016.

• Useful 3
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Based on what I’ve seen, the executives made a mistake.  She seems to be doing ok, though not on a major show like The View.  

Michelle Collins is very funny, but she wasn't a good fit for The View.  She's far too hip, too snarky for daytime TV.  She's much more suited for her hysterical podcast.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know why Michelle Collins was abruptly fired from the show a few years ago?

My personal opinion is that she wasn't there to discuss hot topics; she was there just to do her stand up, which I didn't appreciate.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'd been watching her on Hoda's show the past two days, too. It would be really nice if she got a job on something like Hoda's show, she fits that vibe very well. I didn't like her when she was first on The View. It took a very long while before she finally grew on me and started to find her groove. As soon as I started to like her, a month later she was fired. :/

I think there are a few reasons. This is just my speculation, but... At the end of the two Rosie's season, the ratings had been in the toilet since O'Donnell left in March and the people behind-the-scenes at ABC were begging Joy to come back for the new season. For whatever reason, Joy was resistant to coming back at first (probably a bid to get them to offer more money, lol), and only signed at the last possible second. Before they knew Joy was coming back, I think they had hired Michelle to fill the void that Joy left on the show (a one-liner type of comedian). But then when Joy came back, Michelle became superfluous.

Another thing... I believe Joy held more power over the direction of the show when she came back because Whoopi had imploded the previous season and sent the show into ratings disaster. My personal opinion is that Joy had a hand in pushing the show to bring on Jedidiah and Sunny (and get rid of Raven and Michelle) to replicate the back-and-forth the show had when she was last there.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I always felt that Michelle couldn’t read the room.  I can no longer remember any examples, but, I remember that they would be discussing something serious and she’d drop a joke.  And, I’d always think how inappropriate her timing was.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2022 at 11:59 PM, HerkyJerky said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/jojo-siwa-says-full-houses-170000383.html

How will CCB go on knowing that JJS doesn't like her?😪

Ugh I can’t believe JoJo is gonna make me defend CCB. When JoJo first said she seemed to imply that CCB refused a picture  with her but that isn’t what happened. They were literally on the red carpet and JoJo wanted a picture but Candace was doing press which is why she said she couldn’t right then. Candace has reached out to her to apologize and has said she really didn’t mean to hurt her feelings, she just couldn’t stop for a personal picture right then. JoJo said it wasn’t important and she didn’t think it would go viral which made me roll my eyes because that girl knows how social media works, she knew what would happen and if it wasn’t a big deal as she says she wouldn’t have brought it up. There’s plenty of reasons to dislike Candace but IMO this isn’t one of them. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Candace has said a lot of things I didn't like throughout the years. I remember she wasn't the most supportive of LGBT, though I don't think she's as bad as her brother. That said, she does seem like a nice enough lady to not be rude to a kid. You can have problematic views but not be a bitch. 

That said, Jojo is still so young, I don't want to be rough on her either. Not that I always say all the right things now, but thank goodness I was never a famous teenager. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That said, Jojo is still so young, I don't want to be rough on her either. Not that I always say all the right things now, but thank goodness I was never a famous teenager. 

I agree, but I think Jojo is too young to be judging people much older than she is, possibly with even more experience. My feeling is that she is currently judging SYTYCD with her heart and not necessarily with her mind, or what she knows professionally is not always up to par.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Her obsession with Joy is strange to say the least..

In her pinhead, Meghan thought she was going to be gunning for Joy with the Fox News gang cheering her on. She imagined they were going to have glorious fights with Meghan schooling Joy. Instead, it made Joy look better and Meghan look like the spoiled brat she was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

In her pinhead, Meghan thought she was going to be gunning for Joy with the Fox News gang cheering her on. She imagined they were going to have glorious fights with Meghan schooling Joy. Instead, it made Joy look better and Meghan look like the spoiled brat she was. 

She wanted her EH split screen moment with Joy. The closest she got was a five head Zoom episode. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She wanted her EH split screen moment with Joy. The closest she got was a five head Zoom episode. 

It's true.  Meghan thought the View was going to make her relevant.  Make her the darling of her team.  In reality her time on the View made her pretty much disliked by everyone.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Who?

I've noticed she is getting far fewer media mentions.   Wonder how much longer she will have that Daily Mail column.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Funny how her narrative has changed to "I left the show" instead of "I was fired days after renewing my contract when they were able to get Meghan McCain instead".

Is there any fired cohost other than Joy and Star who admit they were fired?

11 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan thinks so highly of herself.  First of all, it was one year.  Secondly, maybe the producers wanted to be more careful this time and not make the same mistake of being stuck with a shrieking harpy.

Ha ha, but it takes time to find someone when nepotism is not involved. Without MyFather begging Whoopi to take MeAgain off his hands, she never would have gotten the job.

• Like 3
On 9/14/2022 at 7:24 AM, Haleth said:

Meghan thinks so highly of herself.  First of all, it was one year.  Secondly, maybe the producers wanted to be more careful this time and not make the same mistake of being stuck with a shrieking harpy.

Why is she still talking about the view? Pathetic!  Nobody at ABC is even thinking about you Megan, this is embarrassing at this point..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why is she still talking about the view? Pathetic!  Nobody at ABC is even thinking about you Megan, this is embarrassing at this point..

What else is she going to talk about?  This the first "news" story I have read about concerning her in quite awhile.  She gets practically no media attention for the columns she writes for that rag.   I am cynical enough to believe she is having another baby to get media attention.

• Love 3