Type keyword(s) to search

RHoP In The Media: What's Going Down in the DMV

• Start Topic

Is there a reason each housewife doesn't have their own dedicated thread? Ashley and Gizelle need to be discussed at great length!

I sooo enjoy watching Gizelle...for all the wrong reasons. Five seasons and her storyline remains the same.

Kern and Mo need to fall back and allow the baddest thing walking to continue showing the world how it's done. No need to argue with someone who so obviously has it all together. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Is there a reason each housewife doesn't have their own dedicated thread?

Nobody has created a thread for them yet, but we are allowed to, so feel to make them if you want...

10 hours ago, eXiled said:

Is there a reason each housewife doesn't have their own dedicated thread? Ashley and Gizelle need to be discussed at great length!

I sooo enjoy watching Gizelle...for all the wrong reasons. Five seasons and her storyline remains the same.

Kern and Mo need to fall back and allow the baddest thing walking to continue showing the world how it's done. No need to argue with someone who so obviously has it all together. 

Thanks for making theses threads

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Ok. I can't look. I don't want to see something I can't unsee. What happened?

LMAO, you won’t see anything traumatizing. It’s just some surreptitiously-obtained video that his partner(s?) recorded on their phone while speaking with him, and the last clip looks like someone else was filming him while he was on a date with a woman.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, link417 said:

LMAO, you won’t see anything traumatizing. It’s just some surreptitiously-obtained video that his partner(s?) recorded on their phone while speaking with him, and the last clip looks like someone else was filming him while he was on a date with a woman.

With a woman, well that’s sort of surprising.

• LOL 9
On 3/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Hiyo said:

That reminds, whenever I see that scene of Gizelle refusing to give her phone number to Monique, I keep hearing a part of the song No Scrubs. Ya'll know which part I am talking about...

Lol! Me too!
🎶 “No, I don't want your number
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere (said no)
No, I don't want none of your time... 🎶

No, no, no, no.” 

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, Luckylondon said:

Lol! Me too!
🎶 “No, I don't want your number
No, I don't want to give you mine and
No, I don't want to meet you nowhere (said no)
No, I don't want none of your time... 🎶

No, no, no, no.” 

Kandi from Atlanta wrote that song, 😆 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

A lot of tea. Including that Candiass said that the women were plotting against Monique at Andy's baby shower and Gizelle planned to spread a rumor that Monique's youngest son was with the trainer and not big Chris.

Of course, in the same breath Candiass says Monique is conceited for thinking that everyone is always plotting against her when she admitted that everyone on the cast, besides Karen, was doing exactly that.

Charisse is not being paid for being on the show...she is just that desperate to be back.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Whoever that guy is on that video is annoying. He takes way too long to get to the point I has td to quit watching. Thanks for the cliff notes lol.

Lol, some of the commentators are annoying as Hell...I think I gave up halfway through.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, qtpye said:

A lot of tea. Including that Candiass said that the women were plotting against Monique at Andy's baby shower and Gizelle planned to spread a rumor that Monique's youngest son was with the trainer and not big Chris.

Of course, in the same breath Candiass says Monique is conceited for thinking that everyone is always plotting against her when she admitted that everyone on the cast, besides Karen, was doing exactly that.

Charisse is not being paid for being on the show...she is just that desperate to be back.

So...is this *misery loves company* turned into a storyline?!  How hateful can you be?  Monique seems pretty nice, what could she possibly have done to merit this pile on?  This is almost as bad as Phaedra’s evil plotting.  That’s a whole other level of mean.  

• Love 4

Crap, I really dislike her, but I need to know how bad what she said was before I can make a ruling.  I hate to defend her, but people change quite a bit from 23 to 33.

Also, I'm so glad social media didn't exist until at least MOST of my stupidity was behind me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Candiace gives her take on what happened, including saying she (Candiace) was "tipsy"  but in a happy way. Also she wishes she hadn't engaged Monique. They haven't spoken at all since the incident. 

All the Monique stuff is in the first 10 or so minutes. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Good Lord!  Those EYEBROWS have a life of their own, don't they??  Did she mention the plot to take Monique down that the heffas were plotting in August?? (see above)

No she didn't. She said Monique has been attacking her character. 

• LOL 1

The Bravo overview was good. Gosh, Gizelle and Robyn really went after Monique. Ashley and Karen didn't say much. 

I wish the host would've brought up the rumors being spread about Monique's marriage though, especially when Candiace was saying she has done absolutely nothing to cause Monique to dislike her. Didn't Candiace reportedly play a role in spreading the rumors or do I have this wrong? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 2

See, this is why I think Candiace needs to keep going to counseling.  She needs to gain some insight into her VERY OWN ACTIONS AND WORDS that may have  an impact on what happens to her.... with ANYBODY.  She thinks everything she says and does is PERFECT and obviously, it's not.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, goofygirl said:

See, this is why I think Candiace needs to keep going to counseling.  She needs to gain some insight into her VERY OWN ACTIONS AND WORDS that may have  an impact on what happens to her.... with ANYBODY.  She thinks everything she says and does is PERFECT and obviously, it's not.

Still, there's no excuse for violence.  

• Love 7
On 5/9/2020 at 6:16 AM, eXiled said:

I posted years ago that the RH shows are today's version of soap operas.  Storylines would go on for years, and the same has proven to the cast for the RH shows.

One difference for RH perhaps is that women come and go, but even here, it seems like it's just the women who change - not necessarily the story.  The topic of an argument may change, but an argument is an argument is an argument.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1

Some of us where speculating on why someone who is a professor at such a prestigious university would go on this trashy show.

At 7:16 he talks about Dr. Wendy's finances but this could be nothing but rumors. This guy is very low key and I appreciate the way he qualifies that people who rent are not inferior to people who own/buy...that you should do what is best for your life. Supposedly, Wendy and her husband have 1.5 million dollars in student loan debt.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, qtpye said:

Some of us where speculating on why someone who is a professor at such a prestigious university would go on this trashy show.

At 7:16 he talks about Dr. Wendy's finances but this could be nothing but rumors. This guy is very low key and I appreciate the way he qualifies that people who rent are not inferior to people who own/buy...that you should do what is best for your life. Supposedly, Wendy and her husband have 1.5 million dollars in student loan debt.

But if this is true, it seems even weirder that she would want to quit her job as a professor, no?  Doesn't she need the income?  Unless she thinks she'll find fame and fortune as a RHW?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, ladle said:

But if this is true, it seems even weirder that she would want to quit her job as a professor, no?  Doesn't she need the income?  Unless she thinks she'll find fame and fortune as a RHW?

I wonder if it is not so much that she is quitting but that her contract is not getting renewed with Johns Hopkins? Perhaps, the reality show gig is actually Plan B for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Didn't Candiace reportedly play a role in spreading the rumors or do I have this wrong? 

No, supposedly Monique was upset at Candiace for passing Charrisse's phone number to Gigi.  Gigi told Charrisse about the rumors and Charrisse spread it.  So instead of beating up the people who actually started and spread the rumor, Monique has this rage against somebody who passed a phone number along.  Oh, ok.

5 hours ago, ladle said:

Supposedly, Wendy and her husband have 1.5 million dollars in student loan debt.

If they have 8 degrees between them, they probably are 1.5 million dollars in debt.  Obama and his wife didn't get rid of their student loans until he became the president.  Now imagine paying for multiple graduate degrees, law degrees etc.

5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I wonder if it is not so much that she is quitting but that her contract is not getting renewed with Johns Hopkins? Perhaps, the reality show gig is actually Plan B for her.

Several seasons on a reality show will definitely help knock down that 1.5 million student loan debt faster than working at Johns Hopkins will.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Several seasons on a reality show will definitely help knock down that 1.5 million student loan debt faster than working at Johns Hopkins will.

Maybe, but that's assuming she stays on for more than one season -- lots of new HWs are one and done.  And even if she does stay on for a few seasons... then what?  Being a RHW isn't exactly a solid long-term financial plan.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, drivethroo said:

No, supposedly Monique was upset at Candiace for passing Charrisse's phone number to Gigi.  Gigi told Charrisse about the rumors and Charrisse spread it.  So instead of beating up the people who actually started and spread the rumor, Monique has this rage against somebody who passed a phone number along.  Oh, ok.

If they have 8 degrees between them, they probably are 1.5 million dollars in debt.  Obama and his wife didn't get rid of their student loans until he became the president.  Now imagine paying for multiple graduate degrees, law degrees etc.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are that much in debt for student loans. Wendy is also an (occasional?) pundit on MSNBC. I have a neighbor who sometimes gets called to be a talking head on those news shows, and unless you have a contract the gigs are a nice extra check but they don't pay that well. 

• Love 3
On 10/15/2020 at 7:25 AM, ladle said:

Maybe, but that's assuming she stays on for more than one season -- lots of new HWs are one and done.  And even if she does stay on for a few seasons... then what?  Being a RHW isn't exactly a solid long-term financial plan.  

Today what is a long-term financial plan?  

I think the reason people want to be on reality TV is because of where it can lead.  

On 10/15/2020 at 12:02 PM, RedHawk said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are that much in debt for student loans. Wendy is also an (occasional?) pundit on MSNBC. I have a neighbor who sometimes gets called to be a talking head on those news shows, and unless you have a contract the gigs are a nice extra check but they don't pay that well. 

Very true.  She probably doesn't have a contract with any of these shows, which makes her an independent contractor and probably doesn't make all that much money, especially if she doesn't have tenure at Hopkins.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Today what is a long-term financial plan?  

I think the reason people want to be on reality TV is because of where it can lead.  

A lifetime appointment at a prestigious academic institution (that isn't likely to buckle during a recession) seems a lot safer bet than rolling the dice with reality-TV stardom.  Or, at least, why not just try to do both for a while until you know that you're more than just a reality-TV flash in the pan?  But, hey, maybe I'm just more risk-averse than Dr. Wendy! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ladle said:

A lifetime appointment at a prestigious academic institution (that isn't likely to buckle during a recession) seems a lot safer bet than rolling the dice with reality-TV stardom.  Or, at least, why not just try to do both for a while until you know that you're more than just a reality-TV flash in the pan?  But, hey, maybe I'm just more risk-averse than Dr. Wendy! 

I don't think any job is lifetime guaranteed anymore.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think any job is lifetime guaranteed anymore.  

Sure, nothing in life is certain, but unless there's some financial issues where your university goes under or your department is eliminated (not likely with Hopkins) or there's some extreme circumstance like you violate a morals clause or something, that's literally what tenure is.  

• Love 5
On 10/15/2020 at 12:31 AM, drivethroo said:

I think that President Obama was able to pay off his student loans when his first book was a success but the point remains - if you don't come from a ton of family money, getting multiple degrees can put you in tremendous amount of debt.

Two of Wendy's degrees - her Masters and PhD in public affairs are from Rutgers University-Camden, and Rutgers is a state school, so I imagine that was a bit less expensive than if she had gotten them at a private school (though out-of-state is higher than in-state). But her BA and her other Master's are from Temple and Johns Hopkins, both of which are private.

Three of Edward's degrees are from state schools - the University of Maryland and Rutgers but he also has a degree from Georgetown Law. I don't think it is unrealistic that they have $1.5 million in student loans, though given the mix with some state schools in there, that seems a bit high to me. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Two of Wendy's degrees - her Masters and PhD in public affairs are from Rutgers University-Camden, and Rutgers is a state school, so I imagine that was a bit less expensive than if she had gotten them at a private school (though out-of-state is higher than in-state). But her BA and her other Master's are from Temple and Johns Hopkins, both of which are private.

Three of Edward's degrees are from state schools - the University of Maryland and Rutgers but he also has a degree from Georgetown Law. I don't think it is unrealistic that they have $1.5 million in student loans, though given the mix with some state schools in there, that seems a bit high to me. 

I also wonder if the price of the home they just bought is included in that 1.5 million debt?

This is supposedly from the first season. The footage is in the beginning of the video, so no need to watch after that.

I feel sorry for the male crew members that have to work around this predator.

• Useful 1
50 minutes ago, qtpye said:

This is supposedly from the first season. The footage is in the beginning of the video, so no need to watch after that.

I feel sorry for the male crew members that have to work around this predator.

How is Michael allowed to film?

Darcey keeps to the script that Michael gave her, she knows what side of her bread is buttered.

• Love 3
On 10/14/2020 at 6:50 PM, qtpye said:

I'm wondering that, too. Hopkins cannot be pleased that she's doing this show and I doubt MSNBC will be calling on a RH to provide political analysis.

• Love 4
On 8/13/2020 at 12:14 PM, lasu said:

Crap, I really dislike her, but I need to know how bad what she said was before I can make a ruling.  I hate to defend her, but people change quite a bit from 23 to 33.

Also, I'm so glad social media didn't exist until at least MOST of my stupidity was behind me.

Now, far be it from me to pull the "black friend" defense....but cliff is maybe not straight and it sounds like he and candace have been friends for a long time. 

So I wonder if the posts had the wrong intent or were C being stupid and saying things she heard and thought it was okay for her to say too. Its not okay.

She could have said these things with homophobic intent too.  I just don't know.  You still can't say it though. 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:11 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

How is Michael allowed to film?

Darcey keeps to the script that Michael gave her, she knows what side of her bread is buttered.

Or she thinks she does.  Unless she has him on video sucking on a sausage I'd bet good money he hides his assets from her.  How much does she even know about his business?

• Love 2

Is anyone else watching the Bravo Chat Room? It’s the new talk show with Gizelle, Porsha (RHOA), Kate (Below Deck) and Hannah (Summer House)? It’s really good and funny. Gizelle and Porsha have gotten into some spirited debates about the Potomac fight because Porsha is friends with nutty Monique. Highly recommend. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Is anyone else watching the Bravo Chat Room? It’s the new talk show with Gizelle, Porsha (RHOA), Kate (Below Deck) and Hannah (Summer House)? It’s really good and funny. Gizelle and Porsha have gotten into some spirited debates about the Potomac fight because Porsha is friends with nutty Monique. Highly recommend. 

Porsha was once in Monique's shoes, so she can relate to her.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Porsha was once in Monique's shoes, so she can relate to her.  

True, but I think Porsha actually showed remorse and learned from it. But they also truly are friends who vacation together, so I'm not surprised Porsha is defending Monique. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

True, but I think Porsha actually showed remorse and learned from it. But they also truly are friends who vacation together, so I'm not surprised Porsha is defending Monique. 

Porsha defends Monique, but she probably gave her the side eye in private.🤨

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Porsha defends Monique, but she probably gave her the side eye in private.🤨

Excellent point! That’s the sign of a good friend, too. Supports you publically (within reason) but calls you out in private. It seems the other two hosts are on Giselle’s side though. Nobody wants their hair grabbed. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1