Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E01: Season Premiere (Part 1)

• Start Topic

First impressions changed a bit from pre show interviews. 
Holly- seems nice and tough. Very pretty and I liked that she did not "glam" up to go into the house but rather dressed down. 
Jackson- Mama's boy been watching her her since a boy. 
Tommy- his father took up dance when he did ( love that) 
Ovi- credits his parents for moving 8000 miles from bangladesh so he could have a good life. 

I like them more than I thought I would.

• Love 6

Really wasn't planning on watching as I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be off the grid for awhile but I tuned in anyway.   So far I don't really dislike anyone so that's good.

BB Camping.  OK.  I only camp in hotels, so I hope BB really makes these kids "rough it" 🙂

So glad it's all newbies with this Camp Director BS.  I'm happy it's not really a great power, so far.  Bad memories of The Bearded Troll.

Jackson is annoying the crap out of me.  Of course he wins Camp Director.  Then whines about the power he so had to have.  I hope it blows up in his face, but 3 enemies isn't a majority.                                                                                                                                                                                                 I don't really like any of them so far.  Quite a gang of annoying, but that may make it more fun as they backstab each other.  I kind of like Bella and her attitude towards her overbearing mother.                                                                                      
Girl Power?  Not so much.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Disclosure:  I live in Washington Township, NJ.  I have no clue who Nick is.   "Township" as the locals call it is 50,000 mostly white people, middle class+ suburbia, half an hour south of Center City Philadelphia.  I should read the free newspaper 🙂 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

Was that Dudebro Camp Director Jackson talking to Jason Momoa look alike Jack about winning back to back to back comps starting week one?  LOL.  NO.

I am not down with this Browmance. I need them out soon. Please!

• Love 13
(edited)

It's not summer without Big Brother!

So far nobody seems too odious.

Right off the bat Nicole could so be one of the Rockstar's daughters. She has the potential to be very annoying with all the kid schtick.

I think  Jack could be very interesting, but wish he would keep his distance from Jackson, who seems dumb as a Rock.  He's not good with numbers. You don't say.

I was a little surprised anybody volunteered for camp director after Cliff. 

So are Tommy and Christie the only two who know each other?

I was trying to think who Christie reminds me of. I think Kimmi Kappenberg from Survivor.

I'm guessing it's between Jessica and Cliff to get axed.

Oh yeah, here's a reference for the oldsters. I think it was Sam Smith who was getting awfully screechy in the DR. He was sounding like Paul Lynde.  

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I am not down with this Browmance. I need them out soon. Please!

I forgot to time it but I'm gonna make a guess and say that we made it a whole 17 minutes before BB started pimping a bromance. That may be a new record - or a new low, depending on what side of the bromance divide you are. 

But we never see a womance because we all know us women are bitches who all not-so-secretly hate each other. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Can we start off one season with out the annoying dudebro brodown. And Jackson is going to be a whiny woe is me dude bro at that.  I already found my hate target.

Edited by keke23
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, keke23 said:

Can we start off one season with out the annoying dudebro brodown. And Jackson is going to be a whiny whoa is me dude bro at that.  I already found my hate target.

I can’t wait to see the power rankings. I’m sure he’ll be at the bottom.....Bro!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

But we never see a womance because we all know us women are bitches who all not-so-secretly hate each other. 

I would agree with you, but of course I refuse to give validation to another woman.  😋

Speaking of which, as usual I wasn't paying close attention to the TV.  Did we see who voted against _______ [female candidate, name to be inserted later when I learn it.]

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

I enjoyed that. The houseguests were way less heinous than they usually are in the first episode. Usually it takes a couple of weeks for me to start liking them. 

Isa/Bella has the potential to be hysterical. "Don't cross me or I'll cut you. No, that's bad. Don't use it. I 'll stab you. No! I won't inflict any physical harm. Just mental." 

I feel bad that someone's going home before the first eviction. I always hate these early boots because they seem extra cruel. However...it was sad and yet hilarious to see the guests go from peppy and happy and clean to soggy, multicoloured and miserable in a few minutes. It was like a scene from a wonderfully bad horror movie. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I think it was Sam Smith who was getting awfully screechy in the DR. He was sounding like Paul Lynde.  

He reminds me of Dane Cook and Jackson looks kinda like Orlando Bloom.

Why do they always seem to get people from the same areas? Does no one from the Midwest or Northwest apply?

i like Ovi. Too bad Jackson threw him over for Jack pretty quick.

• Love 6

Like Cliff and Tommy, could possibly tolerate Christie, think I will like Isabella. I'd like Jack more if he hadn't bromanced it up with LegoHead Jackson. But he can probably recover. Jess is super annoying.

These initial over the top powers have got to go. Just let them play for cryin' out loud! But, the way they announced it with the flying slime was entertaining, and it will backfire all over Jackson, so it's got that going for it, which is nice...

• Love 6

I’m getting serious Christine vibes from Nicole. As in wants the ‘cute, hunky’ dude bros to like her so she tanks her own game to get in good with them. Probably made the right choice tonight, but still....

I did not really care for this group. Perhaps it’s just because I’m pissy in general these days but no one is really doing it for me. Except Cliff, who is so obviously cannon fodder I can’t even bring myself to care.

And I really, really need Jackson to go away. Far away. Back to his mother and watermelon and chocolate milk. I HATE DUDE BROS!!!!

• Love 16
(edited)

I’ve seen Tommy on broadway three times and now we know why he left Pretty Woman.

I hope that being CD bites Jackson in the ass in long run because I don’t like him. Too much of a “Bro” vibe for me. 

The fact that Tommy and Christie know each other is going to come out. It always does. 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 4
58 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Disclosure:  I live in Washington Township, NJ.  I have no clue who Nick is.   "Township" as the locals call it is 50,000 mostly white people, middle class+ suburbia, half an hour south of Center City Philadelphia.  I should read the free newspaper 🙂

My college roommate was from Washington township. I had a passing thought about asking her if she knew him, then realized we’re probably too old compared to many of the contestants 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It appears that Sam has been already afflicted with DR over-yelling syndrome.

Discount Jason Mamoa is an insult to the real Jason Mamoa.  Also, stop calling him Aquaman.  He’s so much more than that.

I mean, Jackson’s not heinous to look at, but he suffers with the comparisons to Jason.

I have been married to a dude for 23 years next month.  But hot damn looking into Christie’s gorgeous eyes has made me question if I made the right decision.

Nick can go k bye.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:
28 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I did not really care for this group. Perhaps it’s just because I’m pissy in general these days but no one is really doing it for me. Except Cliff, who is so obviously cannon fodder I can’t even bring myself to care.

And I really, really need Jackson to go away. Far away. Back to his mother and watermelon and chocolate milk.

Nah, I didn't either and I'm not pissy at all 🙂 They all have a different flavor of very annoying, Jackson being on top of my list tonight.  

• Love 3

Color me surprised! I didn't even know this was premiering tonight. I turned on my DVR to watch something else and saw it was recorded!

Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. Allison Grodner is nothing if not consistent. All the usual stereotypes are here-black girl with an attitude, the gay man, jocks, blonde Texans and an old timer/cannon fodder to name a few. To her credit casting a couple of new types like the plus-sized model and the ultra-geeky girl are a nice change of pace.

Aqua-Jack!  As a straight male, I would seriously have to consider playing for the other team when it comes to him. He IS impressive. I would love a nice twist if his showmance was not with all the hot chicks but with the Nicole the geeky girl..kind of like the reverse of Amanda and MaCrae.

Ahm yeahhhhh I'm kind of getting a douchey vibe from Jackson...playing way too hard...way too fast. Anyone want to take bets the four he picks will be anyone remotely different...in other words: minorities, geeks and the old timer. It's just the way BB rolls...those types are always the easy targets. 

It shouldn't be long before a "beautiful people" click emerges and the rest of the stragglers are ostracized. On some things, you can rely.

No instant hate for anyone yet but the narcissistic truck driver is veering dangerously close.

Wants: Isabella's tiger mom in the house! Now that would be fun and she's a very cute mom...I can see where Bella gets it.

Camp motif...nope sorry.  Nothing they ever come up with in the future will hold a candle to the art deco motif used for this year's celebrity edition. That house never looked better or as classy and gorgeous! This camp motif is just crass.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, zorak said:

Was that Dudebro Camp Director Jackson talking to Jason Momoa look alike Jack about winning back to back to back comps starting week one?  LOL.  NO.

He was going WAY too hard. He needed to calm down.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I forgot to time it but I'm gonna make a guess and say that we made it a whole 17 minutes before BB started pimping a bromance. That may be a new record - or a new low, depending on what side of the bromance divide you are. 

Hey, the girl power alliance lasted like a full 30 seconds this year. 

52 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

JASON MIMOSA.

It really is the only way to improve on Jason Momoa. Jason Momoa PLUS mimosas. I'll be in my bunk.

I like most of the cast on first impression. I look forward to finding put how secretly terrible they all are over the next few weeks. 

It was a weird twist to only have two cast members know each other and then because one dated the family member of the other (also, wtf with the opaque reference to a "family member"? Was it your cousin? Aunt? Mom?).

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Anyone want to take bets the four he picks will be anyone remotely different...in other words: minorities, geeks and the old timer. It's just the way BB rolls...those types are always the easy targets. 

My speculation is he goes full Bro-lliance.  Banishes the four "least attractive" women, knowing one is gone and doesn't think any of the other 3 can hurt him later on, while he and Jack win every HoH to a glorious victory.

• Love 6

Jackson won't last three weeks. That was dumb. Keep big mouth shut the first weeks. That said, I like Nicole, Ovi, Kemi, Tommy. I also expect mores exes and pairs. There ain't just one. C'mon. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, FranG said:

Jackson won't last three weeks. That was dumb. Keep big mouth shut the first weeks. That said, I like Nicole, Ovi, Kemi, Tommy. I also expect mores exes and pairs. There ain't just one. C'mon. 

But Jackson is a man and he thinks he’s good looking. It’s so obvi he’s going to win. LOL!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Julie teases that some house guests may know each other and then we get a whole 2 people. 

I'm sure in hindsight the woman who wanted to be camp counselor (don't know her name) is glad she didn't win but that whole situation just made me smh. The women just can't stick together on this show can they. 

I have a feeling Jack and Jackson are going to go far in this game and there will be "twists" to have them stay if it looks like either are in trouble. The show won't be able to resist an easy promotion like #DoubleJacks. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I have a feeling Jack and Jackson are going to go far in this game and there will be "twists" to have them stay if it looks like either are in trouble. The show won't be able to resist an easy promotion like #DoubleJacks

One of my favourite parts each season, just from a psychological point of view, is watching how chemistry forms between two players,often within minutes of getting in the house. Sometimes it's romantic, sometimes platonic, but it's often an unlikely pairing. Or an alliance that goes the whole distance. 

The only instant chemistry I saw tonight was between Jackson and Jason Mimosa. I can see them going far if Jackson didn't shoot himself in the foot by winning the vote. 

I look forward to seeing what other couples and close cliques form. Then I like to rewatch the first episode at the end of the season and watch people click together who by then are lifelong friends or partners. What can I say - that's fun for me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Katesus7 said:

I’m getting serious Christine vibes from Nicole.

At least there's no husband involved this time if she decides to drape herself all over someone's chest and watch while he picks his nose. Or she picks it for him. 

Ugh, I wish I could forget that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I'm sure in hindsight the woman who wanted to be camp counselor (don't know her name) is glad she didn't win but that whole situation just made me smh. The women just can't stick together on this show can they. 

That alliance lasted all of five minutes before Nicole became afraid of the "big scary Jackson" coming after her, and Christie deciding to swap sides for...reasons. 

I did like how quickly the intro packages seemed to go. At least, they didn't feel as long as they usually do.

Jackson's a real piece of work. I was hoping that he might surprise me, but the moment he started complaining about how he's a target because of his appearance and something about him being good looking or whatever, my eyes were already rolling to the back of my head. And then he had the nerve to start pulling the "I had to do it but didn't know this was going to happen" card after finding out about his role as Camp Director. Sure, he had no idea what was about to happen, but he had to know that his game would be completely screwed by winning. Sure, he's safe....for a week. But now he has three people coming after him, an HOH still needs to be played, and he still has potential allies who could be targets in his place, especially with it being an "easy" choice.

So good job, buddy! You pulled a Cody! Except he had no foresight into his own demise. 

That being said, I didn't downright hate anyone. Jackson is extremely close but I'm giving him a bit more time. Nicole also got close....yes, because of her comment about being so afraid that Jackson would come after her if she didn't vote for him. It's just completely BS and she's giving me BB16 Christine vibes. When I first saw her picture, I immediately thought Raven or Rockstar. But nah, she's more Christine, and abandoning the girls alliance very, very quickly and acting like Jackson is going to murder her in her sleep. 

Christie's all over the place. I don't know what I think about her yet. Like, there was obviously no chance of Jessica winning Camp Director with a 10-4-1-1 vote, but still. That's basically half of the group turning on Jessica for some douche who was already discussing switching HOHs with him and Jack. 

As for houseguests who I did like off the bat? Bella was more interesting than I thought she'd be. Same with Ovi, although I don't think he's going to win. I really liked Tommy and I liked Nick. I thought Analyse and Kemi were also not bad and I think I liked Jessica. 

Everyone else? A big fat meh or no clear opinion yet. 

• Love 2

I can't believe how hard they all got blasted in the face by the paint! That looked painful. Am I the only one who wondered why people weren't keeping their mouths tightly shut awaiting their turn? Wonder what it tasted like. 

• Love 3

Bella was really funny about her mother and what she knows what she would say. I doubt her mother is watching but it’s funny to think she would and be horrified. LOL!!!

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I can't believe how hard they all got blasted in the face by the paint! That looked painful. Am I the only one who wondered why people weren't keeping their mouths tightly shut awaiting their turn? Wonder what it tasted like. 

I don't remember who it was but the first person to get blasted got blasted so hard the safety glasses blew off his face!  I hope his eyes are ok. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

I don't remember who it was but the first person to get blasted got blasted so hard the safety glasses blew off his face!  I hope his eyes are ok. 

Tommy, I believe.

I...didn't hate anyone. Jackson deserves to sweat now, but he could be worse.

So, no returnees. Right? Right?! I also totally that was the next twist when the banishment was mentioned. Whew. 

I hate the early boot of a houseguest. I can't help but feel bad for them.

Jason Mimosa (kudos to Alice for that one!) is very pretty. David too.

Ovi seems more charming than in his interviews. 

Janelle Katherine and Sam are really forgettable, IMO. 

Agree with those who see Christine in Nicole. Ugh. Hopefully she'll bring the crazy a bit.

I still want to like Christie. We'll see.

Jessica tried for girl power. She'll be gone soon.

• Love 3

So another season of BB to love/hate for the summer. Very happy there’s an all newbie cast this year. Still figuring out who is who, but I don’t hate anyone yet, surprisingly. I kind of like the Tiger Daughter (Isabella?) and I’m hoping for totally shallow reasons that Jack doesn’t turn out to be a total douchebag. Geeky Girl is getting close to maxing out the annoying meter though, and the guy who got voted camp counsellor needs to throttle it down big time. 

• Love 5

It seems we have more than the usual complement of savvy BB HGs.  I laughed at the dude who saw odds of 15-1 as a genuine risk, necessitating his throwing his hat into the ring for Director.  He may not be there long enough to write even a first letter home to Mom.

Old guy is beyond toast.  Bagel?  I'd want him to stick around if I were in the house as an obvious and perpetual pawn, but what do I know?  Who will be the other three banished?  I am guessing that Jessica will pay for trying to organize the women and becoming Jackson's closest foe.  

I like the set/domicile this season.  The new crow's nest is a cool space.

Mrs. Moonves seemed particularly on point tonight.  Were there any retakes?  I'm glad to see her back on BB. 

• Love 3