Type keyword(s) to search

B99 In The News

• Start Topic

I finally cancelled my Hulu subscription six months ago, but I will give them another chance if they save B99.

2 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

I'm sad about 99, but even more devastated about The Mick!! That's going to get lost in the media outpouring for B99. The Mick has made me laugh unlike any show in the past 5-10 years!

I like The Mick too. I actually think FXX would be a good home for it, but yeah, it's getting lost in the cancellation bloodbath.

• Love 3

The only shows I watch on Fox are 99, The Mick and Last Man. No wonder network tv is dying. 

Listen up Hulu!  If you revive 99, I will definitely sign up for your service. How does a nice cool $9.99 a month sound?

• Love 9

Bon voyage sweet, kind B99, you were to good for this Foxian world.

You leave me with memories of frosted tips, a new found appreciation for Dianne Wiest, binders, and Die Hard.

As Peralta would say, "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfuckers!"

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

The only shows I watch on Fox are 99, The Mick and Last Man. No wonder network tv is dying. 

Listen up Hulu!  If you revive 99, I will definitely sign up for your service. How does a nice cool $9.99 a month sound?

Email or tweet Hulu, telling them!

10 hours ago, saoirse said:

Amen. SELL THIS SOtMEWHERE, STAT!

Maybe start a hashtag for it? I'm not twitter savvy enough to do it myself.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Community ran for six seasons(but no movie as of yet).

With today's climate I don't know if there were more people who didn't tune in because it was a show about cops or that there were a prominent number of POC in the cast. Either way they don't know what they missed.

Or it’s because Fox yanked it around scheduling wise. It should’ve stayed on Sunday’s once it moved there for its second season.

13 hours ago, saoirse said:

I actually would love to see it on NBC paired with Superstore. Ensemble workplace comedies do well on NBC, plus no licensing fee and better chance at synergy.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

Or it’s because Fox yanked it around scheduling wise. It should’ve stayed on Sunday’s once it moved there for its second season.

This.  I adore this fucking show,  but I also never know when the hell its going to be airing so I wait for Hulu to tell me I can watch a new episode.  Fox gets all these brilliant shows and let's them die because they can't figure out where they want to put anything. 

• Love 6

The Today Show this morning included a blurb about the cancellation and the online fan reaction including Lin Manuel Miranda's tweet.  If nothing else, the cancellation is getting plenty of coverage which will hopefully lead to this miscarriage of justice being rectified.

• Love 5

The show is full of amazingness of that caliber.

Cancelling it might be the best publicity stunt ever, if that's what it turns out to be, because it's getting the show a lot of promotion, and it's hard to imagine that there won't be a lot of people getting hooked.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Skyfall said:

6 hours ago, Delphi said:

This.  I adore this fucking show,  but I also never know when the hell its going to be airing so I wait for Hulu to tell me I can watch a new episode.  Fox gets all these brilliant shows and let's them die because they can't figure out where they want to put anything. 

So much this.! They do seem to be learning after a decade or so, but too late for B99 it seems. I remember over on The Orville forum trying to explain to posters there that when they moved the last episode of the season to next year  and said it was to air the full season without any long breaks for sports and event programming or changing it to another day of the week multiple times that it was not some plot to tank the ratings, but actually trying to help the ratings and that when they said that moving it around or long hiatuses was bad it was something that they had done before and ruined the ratings for many promising shows. I believed I mentioned Brooklyn Nine-Nine as a specific example of a show that they hurt by doing so.

Noooooo. I'm a little surprised. Maybe it was never a huge ratings hit, but it has big names (I know, bigger salaries) and a solid base. What a waste of great writers and a cast with amazing, and rare, chemistry. Still holding out for something to happen though...

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Noooooo. I'm a little surprised. Maybe it was never a huge ratings hit, but it has big names (I know, bigger salaries) and a solid base. What a waste of great writers and a cast with amazing, and rare, chemistry. Still holding out for something to happen though...

A lot of shows that get picked up by Hulu are short of episodes for syndication which now is typically at least 75 so the studio basically gives the new network or streaming service the show for nothing but 99 is already over 100 so the economic incentive is not there for Universal to give another outlet a crazy good deal.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrambled eggs said:

I wish there hadn't been all those articles getting our hopes up. 

I didn't believe those articles in the first place. (Not trying to sound smug, I'm as gutted as any other B99 viewer.) It's very very rare for a series to get picked up by another network or service. There's no economic incentive to do it when (as is the case here) the viewership is so small. Why would someone leap in to lose money? That viewership may be vocal and include some famous names, but that won't pay the bills.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Rinaldo said:

It's very very rare for a series to get picked up by another network or service

Exactly but it seems like literally every show that has been cancelled someone writes an article about the possibility even when there is literally zero chance for most of them.

(edited)

MY EMOTIONS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE! I was devastated, then hopeful, then devastated again, and now ecstatic! Thank you NBC! You are the hero the 99 deserves!

I will just assume that Amy came marching in with a stack of perfectly ordered binders, and convinced them to see the light.  

Thanks god, because these cancellations were giving me a stress headache. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 19
(edited)

It really is a much more NBC style show anyway. It should have been there all along.

This is much better than having it picked up by Hulu. Hulu already streams it after it airs, but having it on NBC will give it a much wider distribution.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 16

Really, NBC is a better place for the show anyway. It fits its smart, quirky comedy brand. Plus, its a bigger network, and that means more exposure than Hulu or something. 

I haven't been this happy about a show being saved since Sense8 got a wrap up movie after fans lost their damn minds for a whole summer! Myself included! I cant believe people yelling in the internet did something good

• Love 16

Seriously, we needed this. With all the depressing news lately, finally something good happened and our show got saved and moved to NBC. With this move and Lucifier being cancelled, I no longer watch anything on Fox. 

• Love 7

Sweet, I just heard the news!  I was all for anyone picking it up, but I'm extra glad that it is on NBC, since it's the home of The Good Place as well, and I can dream that they'll get paired up or at least air on the same night.  Not to mention I'm sure if they ever wanted to, some wacky crossovers could be in order!

Congrats to the fans, the cast, and everyone involved!  Can't wait for more adventures from the Nine-Nine!!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

MY EMOTIONS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE! I was devastated, then hopeful, then devastated again, and now ecstatic! Thank you NBC! You are the hero the 99 deserves!

What an emotional roller coaster this has been.

I am thrilled beyond belief another network decided to grab it while it's hot (title of their sex tape).

Thank you so much NBC!!!

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Utpe said:

What an emotional roller coaster this has been.

I am thrilled beyond belief another network decided to grab it while it's hot (title of their sex tape).

Thank you so much NBC!!!

I just watched the first episode with the Sex Tape title gag last night.

I’m assuming that becomes a bit of a running gag.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

NBC picked up our show for season 6.

BLESS YOU, NBC.

The Good Place, Superstore, Timeless and now Brooklyn Nine-Nine...

NBC is making a lot of good decisions.

NINE-NINE!

• Love 9

This is great news to wake up to. My husband and I were talking about the main 4 networks last night and I was saying that NBC was the only one I could stand. It was the only network I watched comedies on expect for B99 and now I'll be watching that on it too. Yay!

• Love 5
On 5/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, Danny Franks said:

Also, if the show doesn't come back, then how can they get Lin Manuel Miranda to play one of Amy's brothers? Because that just has to happen.

Oh! He would been perfect to play her brother!!!!!

8 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

NBC picked up our show for season 6.

BLESS YOU, NBC.

Yeah I just read about that and wanted to come here and celebrate!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :)

• Love 5

Well, I don't know quite what superlative to use to express my happiness. So I'll let Captain Holt sum up, what I think must be the feelings of all fans:

tenor.gif?itemid=8098658

Honestly, as a non-American I've never understood that much about the differences between your TV networks. Other than Fox are evil and CBS make a lot of shows I would never watch. But I've always liked NBC. Sure, they cancelled Community, but they still aired it for five seasons, when there were few expectations that they would. The same with Chuck and Friday Night Lights. I feel like they've always tried their best to support shows that they think are good, regardless of ratings.

And even though this looks like season six will only be a mid-season pickup, I feel cautiously optimistic that there might be a season seven as well.

• Love 20

All is forgiven NBC. Even Manimal. 

Actually Danny Franks, on the entertainment side, Fox was not evil. Its shows tended to be a little younger skewing and high-concept. But by bringing back the execrable last man standing I fear the entertainment division will start to mirror the news division, which is evil personified. 

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

I've always liked NBC. Sure, they cancelled Community, but they still aired it for five seasons, when there were few expectations that they would.

To be fair, the same could be said for Fox and B99. 

Happy with the move to NBC, as it made the most sense. The downsides are that we'll probably never get another 22 episode season, and the show will still draw poor ratings (like all of NBC's comedies). But I'll take it. 

Edited by Kip Hackman
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Honestly, as a non-American I've never understood that much about the differences between your TV networks. Other than Fox are evil and CBS make a lot of shows I would never watch. But I've always liked NBC. Sure, they cancelled Community, but they still aired it for five seasons, when there were few expectations that they would. The same with Chuck and Friday Night Lights. I feel like they've always tried their best to support shows that they think are good, regardless of ratings.

And even though this looks like season six will only be a mid-season pickup, I feel cautiously optimistic that there might be a season seven as well.

Fox deserves a bit of a defense. 

I mean they cancel some good shows, but they take a lot of chances on stuff that really are low bets for the majority of the TV Watching audience. They aired stuff like Pitch, Firefly, Arrested Development and Fringe, when it was very unlikely that they would be hits, even though a lot became cult hits. And they kept Arrested Development on the air for 3 seasons, when it never really gained a decent audience and they kept Fringe on the air for 5 seasons and 100 episodes, when judging by ratings they deserved about half of that amount. With Fringe, the show was pretty much just hemorrhaging money with it's high production values and did not really deserve a final 5th season and Fox let them produce one which was pretty much just a 13 episode love letter to the fans. Even more shocking was that Fringe was produced out of house (by Warner Bros.) and Fox still chose to keep bringing it back. 

If ratings are falling and Fox has the opportunity to get a guarantee like Thursday Night Football (which is what happened here) I can't really begrudge them for taking the guarantee. 

Also it should be said that Fox has never really been that big on comedy shows, beyond their Sunday Night Animation block, not at all surprised that the comedy shows were the first to get the axe. 

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 11

This is so awesome. Thank you, NBC! I was actually worried that Hulu would pick it up, and I don't subscribe to that. Then this morning I read here that they passed. Yay? Then that probably other places would pass too. Boo. And then... NBC comes thru! 

Now all we need is some Emmy love. Andre is overdue.

• Love 7