Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, aliya said:

MuI agree. I don't find him intellectually disabled; I don't think he's on the spectrum, either. He's been coddled and babied and is grieving his mother. He can (could) make changes, but he needs help, like a group home or a social worker or something. 

Plus - I don't blame dad. Who knows why there was a divorce and whether/how much the mom poisoned Sean against his father? She may have made it difficult for the father to keep in touch with Sean. It happens. Sean is a baby, and I recognize it's not entirely his fault, but he is unwilling to put the work in - like every other obessee on this show - otherwise thy would have stopped at 3 - 400 pounds.

My feelings about him being on the spectrum (I have a sadly extreme amount of experience) comes from his initial story. His childhood stories and photos pinged my radar. The biting was a red flag. The extreme reactions, again, right from childhood if his story is to be believed. 80% of all marriages with autistic children end in divorce. If his father couldn’t handle an “odd” son that could explain his checking out and his mother being over protective. And he could be more towards the aspergers’ end so his ability to happily drop out of life (no social skills), but be quite verbal and intelligent when he wants to be could be explained. Again, just a theory. It could also explain his inability to get himself roused to save his own life because he had convinced himself life was awful, nothing good could ever happen to him, only bad things happen, etc. his Dr appointed therapies were all the wrong ones so they never had any hope of helping him. All he wanted was to be in a safe space.

• Useful 5
  • Love 13

Sean could have used some kind of meal delivery plan. If he really wanted to make a change and feels he doesn't know how to do it, he could commit to just eating the meals and not ordering delivery. 

It's like none of these people understand how many calories fast food has. If they gave up the fast food alone, they would drop weight before they ever needed to see Dr Now. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Sean....."nobody's ever happy being in a hospital.  I'm really upset and don't want to be here".  That's all he's been whining about - wanting to be in a care facility.  He's going to stop eating "Crap".....where have I heard this before?????  He's so frustrating, reminds me so much of my grandmother.  RIP

Sean would be perfectly happy to remain in the hospital if the food was more to his liking. 

• Love 14

Just popping in to say that this is depressing and I'm not going to finish watching it.  I mean, I already know how it ends.  It's not even fun to snark on Sean- he is mentally stuck at 14 years-old and has no desire to change or to live.  

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I had a Lean Cuisine (rotini pasta in a cheddar broccoli sauce) and a Hershey miniature and I'm wondering the same thing.

Your post reminded me I have a healthy stash of Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.  Can't believe I forgot about them (even though I just bought them yesterday).  

• Love 1

See, the minute he gets back to his room he takes off all his clothes. He's got that Assanti thing happening. Does he want to shock? Why else would he insist on removing all his clothes in front of the nice, attractive nurses who are taking care of him? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
Just now, String Theory said:

Please make all these 90 day people go back to where they came from.  None of them seem happy......ever after or not.

Yes, please! I don't do spinoffs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, CheeseBurgh said:

He is in a care facility but he doesn’t want to be there?

I don’t think he knew that Dr. Now would make sure he did actual work and wasn’t allowed to order takeout.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

See, the minute he gets back to his room he takes off all his clothes. He's got that Assanti thing happening. Does he want to shock? Why else would he insist on removing all his clothes in front of the nice, attractive nurses who are taking care of him? 

He reminds me of Steven, too.  Like, his face shape.  He's not as misshapen as Steven but somehow looks similar. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Please make all these 90 day people go back to where they came from.  None of them seem happy......ever after or not.

Larissa needs to be deported. The DR should deport Chantel.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
Just now, ELFairy said:

I don’t think he knew that Dr. Now would make sure he did actual work and wasn’t allowed to order takeout.

He watched those old episodes of the Brookhaven obesity clinic and thought he could have all the junk food he wanted. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
Just now, CheeseBurgh said:

He is in a care facility but he doesn’t want to be there?

I feel really bad for his health care team at the facility.  

I also don't understand why he won't wear clothes.  

I wonder what would have happened if he could have spent a year in a facility where he got regular meals, got PT, and also got a lot of intense psychotherapy before being released into a group home.   I don't think he would every have been able to live by himself even with a home aid.  

This is depressing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

I have not really branched out and tried all of the different m&m flavors, either. Someone gave me a bag of the Crunchy Mint, and I thought they were awesome. I LOVE mint and chocolate together.

Oh yeah? If you like/love chocolate and mint, please try the Oreos with the creamy, artificially green filling! Those are totally Oreos crack!😆

As for the Thin Mints I used to sell as a Girl Scout, take a pass 'cause they're awful.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Props to those women for keeping straight faces.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Not autistic, just low IQ. Sean is completely absorbed with his own situation, with no thought of others. His primary goal seems to be to anesthetize himself with food and, apparently he succeeds permanently. As to his 75 IQ, I’ve not seen him read, nor does he have much vocabulary. He dropped out of high school and has never held a job. Even if he lost all the weight, he’s unemployable. Serving as a cautionary tale was his life’s only accomplishment.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
Just now, Friday said:

Your post reminded me I have a healthy stash of Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.  Can't believe I forgot about them (even though I just bought them yesterday).  

Hee Hee.......I bought some "gateway fruit" (blueberries and cherries) yesterday - heard all of my "Pounder Pals and Dr. Now" in my head.  (No I don't hear voices otherwise 😁).   I bought cherries last week, but I couldn't find them when I unloaded the car.  Somehow the bag slid under the passenger seat.......a bag of week old cherries sitting in a hot car all week.....wasn't pretty.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

It's been 100+ in my neck of the woods too. It's normal for summers here. I just stay in the house because I can't handle that kind of heat. My cats never go outside either.

100s in my neck of the woods too.  Which is also Sean's original neck of the woods, Cameron Park which is just 30 miles up Highway 50, and in the same town as Pauline was from (Sacramento).  That's my claim to pounder fame 🍕🍩🎂.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’ll never understand why people use the “I can’t afford healthy food” bull crap excuse - especially when they’re only supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day. Eggs ($2), lettuce ($2 bag) frozen vegetables ($1 bag) and protein/meat. A mega-size fast food meal the poundticipants eat in one sitting would cover a few days worth of groceries. So annoying! I wish I could drag these folks to the grocery store and give them a shopping lesson. 

• Love 11
Just now, Kid said:

I just LOVE Cheryl “she-shed’s” husband!!😂

When watching Sean,  you need a chuckle.

I'd never heard of she-sheds until I saw that commercial.

Now I want one, even though I live alone 9 months out of the year, so for all intents and purposes, my entire house is a she-shed.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I also don't understand why he won't wear clothes.  

If Wanda is right about Sean's being on the autism spectrum, the resistance to clothes could be related. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

Has anyone tried peanut butter M&M's? Saw them in the store the other day but bought the peanut ones instead.

Peanut butter M&Ms are awesome.  I like the caramel ones too.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Mrs FormerlyHeavyJ was seven pounds off the actual weight.  She said he's got to be 700 lbs.

HOW THE FREAKING HELL DO YOU GAIN 188 LBS IN TWO MUNTS?????

He's got to be doing it on purpose, to kill himself. He must believe he has no better option.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Gained 188 lbs in 2 months.  He's better off where he is, I think he just wanted to die and be with mom anyway.  Rest in peace Sean.  

Slow motion suicide.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Again with the damn sheet.........put some clothes on idiot.

A little levity tangentially related to this.  Years ago my step grandfather was in the hospital.  He was round man. My sister drove my grandmother to see him.  When they got to the room, my GF was laying there splayed out for the world to see.  My GM shrieked, "Jesus, Leo, cover yourself.  No one wants to see your wrinkled old balls!" My sister was laughing so hard she ran out of the room. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Clothes are too hot at that weight.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Has anyone tried peanut butter M&M's? Saw them in the store the other day but bought the peanut ones instead.

They're pretty good, though they fall short of the bliss that is mini Reese's cups.  And they're definitely better than the peanut M&M's (granted, I don't like the peanut ones).

3 minutes ago, Kid said:

I just LOVE Cheryl “she-shed’s” husband!!😂

When watching Sean,  you need a chuckle.

"Your she-shed was struck by lightening."

There's not a cloud in the sky.

VICTOR TOTALLY BURNED DOWN THE SHE-SHED!

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

YES! They are like Reese’s Pieces. Very addictive. Plus the peanut butter adds protein so they’re, you know, healthy. Lol. 

• LOL 7
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Peanut butter M&M's are the food of the gods. I'm not big on M&M's either. But I love chocolate and peanut butter. My favorite thing is Trader Joe's peanut butter cups. 

• Love 3