Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Is a fresh spinach salad and a bowl of Golden Grahams a balanced meal? Asking for a friend.

I had a Lean Cuisine (rotini pasta in a cheddar broccoli sauce) and a Hershey miniature and I'm wondering the same thing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It’s very disrespectful for him to be nekkid going into the facility. It’s a childish move of revolt. We know he can wear clothes. He chooses not to do so even for the paramedics who are moving him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Azubah said:

OMG you're a culinary genius. I must try this.

It's yummy. I usually add espresso powder in the morning but I forgot to take it (don't like Starbucks coffee). I may have repurposed the prescription bottle from when I had bronchitis at Christmas to prevent peppermint dust from leaking into my bag. 😉 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Wow.  My Mom's AC broke down when I was there and of course it was when it was 88 degrees and steamy humid because of thunderstorms - I feel for you and your cats!  I would be dead at 105,  C'mon, humans go into heat stroke at those temperatures!

It's been 100+ in my neck of the woods too. It's normal for summers here. I just stay in the house because I can't handle that kind of heat. My cats never go outside either.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

How is it possible to gain 188 pounds in two months!?

I really didn't remember that detail. Shocking.

Was this old material or new?   He gained more than I weigh in 2 months;  I just can't wrap my head around that.

Speaking of head, what is going on with what is left of his hair?  It reminds me of Steven Assanti which is never a good thing.

He got $10k and spent almost 9k on food?   That would buy our groceries for 2 years, at least.'

I am not quite sure what the reason for this show is.   I guess it is a cautionary tale for any morbidly obese watchers as to what can happen to them and also it shows how hard Dr Now tried to help him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Wow..just like a heroin addict,  he came into some money and ATE IT ALL

Jesus..

Yep.  Addiction is addiction, the substance doesn’t matter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

My eating habit tonight is a spinach salad with salmon and hard boiled eggs. (Sorry...no golden grahams.)

I missed the start...but geez is this depressing. I agree, I don't think Sean is intellectually unable to take care of himself. It seems like it's metal health issues that he's not really dealing with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

It’s very disrespectful for him to be nekkid going into the facility. It’s a childish move of revolt. We know he can wear clothes. He chooses not to do so even for the paramedics who are moving him.

He said he fell, probably wearing only a filthy sheet, and had to call 911.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I don't know,the way he talk sometime it seems there is some smarts there, then other times....

I don't think he's intellectually limited. But he's depressed. He's been depressed for years. He took to his bed as a teenager, after he hurt himself playing football. For some reason he fell into a rut and didn't have the motivation to pull himself out. Meanwhile his world got smaller and smaller. 

• Love 14

No!  I do not need to see some kind of fantasy re-boot of the Beatles. I saw them in person in the 1960's. To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen - I knew the Beatles and whatever they're trying to foist off in this movie are no Beatles. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:
22 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

The purple sheet must be his formal attire.

Well, it is the color of royalty...

I can't help but look at that purple sheet and not be reminded of the death shrouds of the Heaven's Gate cult members. 

He needed a stronger intervention, like literally being slapped.

He needed to be told boldly that 20 somethings do NOT live in assisted living because they wanted to be waited on and bathed.

It's too bad his mother died because if she was still alive I would go down there and bitch slap her all the way to prison.

Why didn't anyone at their church do anything??????   They are just as bad imo.

Granted he would of never been "normal" , but he might of found a little happiness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

He has no idea what a care facility is. He really thinks it will be like life with his mother. Floundering in a bed eating multiple pizzas and burgers 

My grandmother was like this.......she purposely fell down the stairs, broke her pelvis and was in the hospital/rehab facility for six months.  She loved it - said it was like being on "vacation" and she didn't have to lift a finger.  She'd been like that her entire life -always expected people to wait on her.  Unlike Sean, she'd refuse to eat (more attention grabbing) and because she'd repeatedly starve herself developed cardiac issues and passed away after having a massive MI.  It was hard/frustrating to watch someone who was perfectly capable spend so much time manipulating people for her own gain.

Sean....."nobody's ever happy being in a hospital.  I'm really upset and don't want to be here".  That's all he's been whining about - wanting to be in a care facility.  He's going to stop eating "Crap".....where have I heard this before?????  He's so frustrating, reminds me so much of my grandmother.  RIP

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Would that Mindy Kaling movie just open and fail, already? I usually like Emma Thompson, but this looks hideous. 

No desire to see this movie, but Emma Thompson on Colbert was great.

• Love 2

Pure speculation on my part, obviously, but Sean may have said to himself, 'I love food and if I die, I die'.

But I KNOW I will be upset at 9:55, something about him makes me empathize with him.

And a lotta the patients I dislike, but not him.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

My eating habit tonight is a spinach salad with salmon and hard boiled eggs. (Sorry...no golden grahams.)

I missed the start...but geez is this depressing. I agree, I don't think Sean is intellectually unable to take care of himself. It seems like it's metal health issues that he's not really dealing with.

You don’t know what you’re missing 🙂

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I’m not sure if I’m ever eating again. Certainly nothing more tonight. 

You might not eat, but a nice glass of wine would be acceptable to get you through this crisis with us.....

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, cmpbl said:

He needs  psych evaluation.

See, that’s the thing. He’s had therapy - Dr Paradise, no less. He’s had nutritionists and home health and multiple hospital stays and physical therapy and rehab and surgery FFS and Dr. freakin Now. He never wanted to change. I agree with whoever said earlier he’s trying to make himself an invalid. His attitude toward the doctor sucks. He had no desire to even try to grow up. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

He needed a stronger intervention, like literally being slapped.

He needed to be told boldly that 20 somethings do NOT live in assisted living because they wanted to be waited on and bathed.

It's too bad his mother died because if she was still alive I would go down there and bitch slap her all the way to prison.

Why didn't anyone at their church do anything??????   They are just as bad imo.

Granted he would of never been "normal" , but he might of found a little happiness.

The church folk only got Munchausen Mom's viewpoint which, now that I think about it, would be FASCINATING to hear.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

His attitude is what did him in.  He had no wish and no will to live.  And I will take my gasoline-soaked everything, because my only thought about it is "good riddance!".

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

You have been spared, they are like the devils hooves.

We rescued some goats from a hoarder farm.  Their hooves hadn't been trimmed in years and they looked better than Sean's feet (hooves).  Shudder!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1