Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

I think anyone who truly believes Sean could have just changed his eating habits on his own is unrealistic. And an occasional session with Dr. Paradise would not relieve him of his physical addiction to and/or psychological dependence on food. Sean's only chance might have been a psychiatric care facility.

IMO he needed at least a year of intensive inpatient psychiatric treatment for multiple diagnoses and eating disorder. Grieve his mother. What she took from him. Learn about normative relationships. Discharge to adult congregate setting with case mgmt. and eventual goals of employment and independent living.

Edited by Julyolo
Edit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, aliya said:

I bought the original show. Sean says, "I bit someone once." At least from that statement, he doesn't seem to be an habitual biter. People do all kinds of things once. 

I understand you have personal experience with people on the spectrum; I'm not trying to cause an argument. I just wonder how much behavior these days is labeled as resulting from autism, when it isn't. Sean went to school when school systems were aware of autism and the need for special ed or placement in regular classrooms. There was plenty of time for him to be diagnosed as autistic, but such a diagnosis was never mentioned (maybe he was diagnosed, who knows? I'm just saying it was never mentioned).

I went to school during the 60's & 70's; I doubt anyone with behavioral issues back then would have been so labeled. Not everyone who behaves differently or has problems controlling behavior is autistic. Again, not to belittle those who are, just saying that on almost every board I'm on, from FB to reddit, folks are quick to jump in with an armchair diagnosis of autism.

Sean's parents divorced. The mother admitted to babying him. When you are not disciplined, when you are not called to be accountable for your actions, you may behave badly and your interactions with people may be difficult. I would place more of the blame on the divorce, his reaction to it, and his mother's apparent weakness by compensating for the divorce by babying Sean. 

As I said, he pinged my very accurate radar. Admitting to biting once usually means it was a go to move of his. Just the way it was casually mentioned. A teenager who appeared to happily leave school to sit at home, alone with mom, in bed in what became his safe space is just not typical, even for one that is “babied” by his mother. As an adult all he wanted was to get back into a safe space. I can assure you, I am not one of those people who cries “autistic” at every odd sort in online forums. And trust me, schools will not place children in classrooms for autism without parents pushing for it and special diagnoses. It’s not like regular special ed. Most states have nothing. It’s a very expensive education to offer. Often lawyers are involved. Seans’ mom would not have done anything to get him specialized schooling, that seems obvious. Aspergers is different anyway. It often doesn’t even result in a specialized educational program for the student. My point in mentioning it is that it could explain the relationships within the family and then Seans’ lack of affect that was apparent in his multiple follow up shows. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Thanks, @sagittarius sue I recently retired and stayed in my jammies all day and felt incredibly guilty.  You've made me feel so much better!  (I did brush my teeth, comb my hair however).

Since my husband retired I have to get dressed.  In the old days I would slip on a pair of sweats and lounge around, I miss that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Hee Hee.......I bought some "gateway fruit" (blueberries and cherries) yesterday - heard all of my "Pounder Pals and Dr. Now" in my head.  (No I don't hear voices otherwise 😁).   I bought cherries last week, but I couldn't find them when I unloaded the car.  Somehow the bag slid under the passenger seat.......a bag of week old cherries sitting in a hot car all week.....wasn't pretty.

My guilty secret is I have blueberries and two other fruits every morning on my oatmeal.  Although I have not experienced the massive weight gains from my scary berries; I must be doing something wrong.🤷‍♀️

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

I'm retired too and I can't imagine changing out of jammies into clothes if no now will see me all day. My dogs sure don't care.

I have night jammies and in the morning I shower and put on my day jammies. They are a bit more suitable if I have to answer the door or go out in the yard with the dogs. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

What is the nekkidness in front of people? Didn't he have some kind of big t-shirt/muumuu kind of thing in the first show? Why would you let EMTs see you like that? And yes, I know they've seen a lot, but he isn't comatose. He doesn't have to be naked like that. Even Robert wore baggy sweat shorts.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Friday said:

My guilty secret is I have blueberries and two other fruits every morning on my oatmeal.  Although I have not experienced the massive weight gains from my scary berries; I must be doing something wrong.🤷‍♀️

Me either.  I'm sure Dr. Now would be happy to let us know......but in some cases, ignorance is bliss (especially when blueberries are in season!!!!!😂😂😂)

As we get closer to 10:00, the anticipation gets intense. Will the update include his demise? Will it just be a BSOJ? He’s been at death’s door the entire episode.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

On weekends, I wear my standard lounging around the house attire/jammies. Leggings and an big comfy t-shirt. MAYBE a caftan if I'm feeling fancy. I do shower and brush my teeth. I'm not a savage! But loungewear and jammies are interchangeable. I work at a university and we have no dress code so I don't really have standard work wear, just jeans and decent looking blouses/tops. Even that is too much though. I am living for the day I retire and can be comfy every. single. day. 

You and me both, Pepper Mostly.  I dream of the day that I can retire, even though it’s probably 20 years away. I want to be the master of my own time. Yoga pants every day. Garden when I want regardless of the weather. And no yearly self evaluations! 🤮

• Love 12

Why oh why did I turn this on to see an obese naked man on my screen?? How is he ok with millions of people seeing him in all his glory? What are the camera people thinking? I’d love a behind the scenes with the production. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Alone, bored, naked and eating sausages.  Can't he even put on a fucking sheet when the paramedics come over at least?  Jesus Christ Almighty.

He threw it off after he called the paramedics, so he'd be good and naked when they came. Creepy. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Really scared!  Do we have a bingo card in this episode?

I think we'd all need about ten cards each - and we'd have BINGO on eight of them (at least) at this stage of the game!!!!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

That chair where he sits naked all day ... so glad I don't have smell-o-vision.

Yuck!! we really need a vomit emoji  like this on the bottom.🤢

That ambulance ride looks awfully uncomfortable.

3 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Alone, bored, naked and eating sausages.  Can't he even put on a fucking sheet when the paramedics come over at least? 

No, of course not.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

At the end of the day, I think, Sean was mentally ill and needed more intensive psychiatric care than he could get from an occasional counseling session with Dr. Paradise.

Unfortunately, in this country we have, pretty much, abandoned our mentally ill, leaving them to flounder as best they can. Sickening

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CircusPeanuts said:

You and me both, Pepper Mostly.  I dream of the day that I can retire, even though it’s probably 20 years away. I want to be the master of my own time. Yoga pants every day. Garden when I want regardless of the weather. And no yearly self evaluations! 🤮

Two more years for me! I'm laying in a supply of leggings. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4