Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, MissLam said:

Holy moly what Chipotle are you going to that charges $10??? My burrito bowl in Chicago is $6.75. But yes I still agree with you - it’s so easy to shop healthy on a budget. Eye rolls are necessary for nonsense 🙂

I can't leave Chipotle without a side order of chips and guac.  And I've tried.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, aliya said:

I am counting down the weeks (retiring July 31). My son says I should just play solitaire and eat popcorn at work all day until then. 

I'm at a university and can be casual, but no jeans (I don't even have a pair) except on Friday. I just try to be one step above the students.

LOL, when I started at my current job, my boss was a professor and Associate Department Head. She wore jeans on the regular. Now she's an Associate Dean and is using Stitch Fix to polish up her wardrobe a bit since she has to deal with donors and bigwigs in this role. Most of the faculty are pretty casual. But the Chancellor and Provost and President are are around the corner, and their staff people dress much better than we admins in the Engineering school! 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MissLam said:

Mostly cardiovascular. Obesity alone puts stress on the heart muscle. When weight goes up and down drastically like Sean, the heart gets confused. This can affect stroke volume, pre-load, afterload, blood pressure, and overall cardiac output. If the cardiac output and perfusion to the kidneys is affected, the renal system can also be damaged and enter compensatory mechanisms like fluid volume retention and electrolyte imbalances. Your pathophysiology lesson for today is complete 🙂

Thank you. I audit human subjects research, mostly biomed, and needed a biomed-type answer. 

• Love 5

Why is he hemming and hawing about staying in a facility? I thought that's what he wanted? Dr. Now is trying everything he can to help Sean, but it's not going to work. 😢

• Love 4

They showed  him chugging coke from a 2 liter bottle. It doesn’t take a degree to know that is a rotten idea. I wonder how many he drinks per day?

its clear he’s in a severe depression. He doesn’t have any skillls for connecting with people. He has no friends or relatives. He flat out said its hard to be home alone day after day in his apartment. This is so sad.  What if we could be like a movie and bring his mom back to see what she caused. And then go back in time and give her a chance to turn things around when he’s a teenager. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Wait, what the Hell, gained 278 pounds!? In two months!? Really!

I also didn't remember this.

No wonder he died.

drat, I missed this.  Stupid me,  just had to go brush my teeth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

For Dr. Now's program to work, or a psychiatric facility to treat him successfully, the patient has to want to get better.   Sadly, Sean doesn't want to get better.   

I don't think he know HOW to want to get better.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Wanda said:

It’s possible he was too far gone, weight wise, for psychiatric hospitals. They may not have been able to accept him

We had patients bigger in the psych facility I worked in. I was the one the nurses would page when the patients wanted to walk around naked, and the nurses were too revolted or scared to confront them. I would tell the patient to put their clothes on. And they would.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, String Theory said:

He needed to go to a psychiatric hospital.  He might have had a chance.  Surprised Dr. Now/Paradise didn't suggest this.

I wish, I wish, I wish that had been an option but............. as we have seen before, unfortunately with dearly departed Kelly when she was in a rehab facility, those types of facilities cannot prevent a patient from ordering in as much crappy food as they desire. Crazy but it is what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

What psychiatric hospital would have been able to care for him? He's so big and bedridden, it seems impossible that they'd have the facilities available. 

Unsure, but my dad was an inpatient for several months at a psychiatric hospital - there was a guy in his unit that weighed at least 600 lbs., they'd need a bariatric bed and wheelchair etc.... it could be done, although I'm tired of listening to Sean, I wish they'd at least given him the opportunity to get care there.  Dr. Paradise is great, but believe he's a psychologist - Sean needed to see a psychiatrist - he had major depression on top of everything else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Dear holy F.  This guy was given EVERY chance, and now the plan is to hospitalize him until he's eligible for weight loss surgery?

I don't know if he wants to die or if he just eats to get put into care again.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Midnightblue said:

All of these services that Dr. Now is setting up...teaching him how to shop, etc. This should have been done ages ago

I am sure ,he was instructed long before remember Penny who pretend to be uniformed and naive ,yet demanded her own way...

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

I’m tired of this fucking life, he says.

He's not suicidal. He just wants to live without accountability. He wants to eat all he wants without consequence. He wants to be taken care of. He wants someone else to take responsibility while he sits and eats and crochets.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Sean, bobila (sp?), most people who get sick of feeling scared do something about it - pick themselves up and move forward, with the intention of being a survivor/success.. Lying in a hospital bed and saying crap just for the cameras is not a strategy for living. Just sayin'...

• Love 7
Just now, Ellie Godfrey said:

He's not suicidal. He just wants to live without accountability. He wants to eat all he wants without consequence. He wants to be taken care of. He wants someone else to take responsibility while he sits and eats and crochets.

Bingo!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Concerned said:

I’m tired of this fucking life, he says.

I’m pretty he sure he said “I’m tired of fucking up my life”.  But I think he has truly given up. He’s definitely not motivated but I still feel bad for him. He has NOBODY and because of his moronic mother, she kept him in a childlike mental state. So sad. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, suev33 3 said:

R.I.P.     .....i lost it when he said he wanted to find a girl😔😢

He was saying what he thought he was supposed to say. He was only honest when muttering he was tired of this fucking life. He said that far more often.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

This.  And keep him company while they pander to him, just like Mommy Dearest did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, hoosiermom said:

So he never even had surgery?

He had surgery on his first update show. He would have totally destroyed his gastric sleeve 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Wait! There is a diet vanilla Coke? I'm going to try it for sure!

Vanilla Coke Zero. It’s yummy. I know they aren’t good for me so I usually only drink 3-4 a month. I also avoid grapes 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ellie Godfrey said:

and in the end that's ultimately what he did - and we saw where that ended.🤨

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

There is a super morbidly sized version of this show next Thursday.   I just can't imagine...

or maybe I can......

What could be more Super Morbidly Obese than this shit show???

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MissLam said:

Mostly cardiovascular. Obesity alone puts stress on the heart muscle. When weight goes up and down drastically like Sean, the heart gets confused. This can affect stroke volume, pre-load, afterload, blood pressure, and overall cardiac output. If the cardiac output and perfusion to the kidneys is affected, the renal system can also be damaged and enter compensatory mechanisms like fluid volume retention and electrolyte imbalances. There’s a myriad of other illnesses he is at risk for but those are just some of the things his body is experiencing. Your pathophysiology lesson for today is complete 🙂

Nice callback to "myriad"-the word Sean used correctly early in the episode! He's actually pretty articulate. I think he's bright enough. He has just had no intellectual stimulation. He's like Kaspar Hauser. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hellga said:

His attitude is what did him in.  He had no wish and no will to live.  And I will take my gasoline-soaked everything, because my only thought about it is "good riddance!".

I don't think a death wish can be corrected with an attitude adjustment. Neither can addiction. IMO Sean needed a very good in-patient psychiatric facility, where he could have received the kind of intensive mental health care -- with or without meds -- that would have given him a real chance at recovery. Sean really did need a care facility; he just didn't realize about the 'mental' part.

• Love 10