Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

A little levity tangentially related to this.  Years ago my step grandfather was in the hospital.  He was round man. My sister drove my grandmother to see him.  When they got to the room, my GF was laying there splayed out for the world to see.  My GM shrieked, "Jesus, Leo, cover yourself.  No one wants to see your wrinkled old balls!" My sister was laughing so hard she ran out of the room. 

This made me laugh very loudly. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Peanut butter M&M's are the food of the gods. I'm not big on M&M's either. But I love chocolate and peanut butter. My favorite thing is Trader Joe's peanut butter cups. 

Oh yeah.  From the fridge...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MissLam said:

I’ll never understand why people use the “I can’t afford healthy food” bull crap excuse - especially when they’re only supposed to be eating 1200 calories a day. Eggs ($2), lettuce ($2 bag) frozen vegetables ($1 bag) and protein/meat. A mega-size fast food meal the poundticipants eat in one sitting would cover a few days worth of groceries. So annoying! I wish I could drag these folks to the grocery store and give them a shopping lesson. 

I can spend $10 at Chipotle and get a burrito bowl (that will feed me for two days). I can take that same $10 at our local farmers market and buy fruits and veggies, a loaf of bread and some cheese (vegetarian here) and have meals for a week.   I always give a major eye roll when I hear the "I can't afford HEALTHY food" (both on the road and out in the real world) BS from the participants.... 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Friday said:

100s in my neck of the woods too.  Which is also Sean's original neck of the woods, Cameron Park which is just 30 miles up Highway 50, and in the same town as Pauline was from (Sacramento).  That's my claim to pounder fame 🍕🍩🎂.

Hey neighbor! I'm in the Sacramento area too *waving* Didn't know Sean was from Cameron Park, or Pauline either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I bet if we were unaware of the outcome we would be up to at least 11 pages of snark by now.

ah, but then we wouldn't have had time to discuss all the different candy now would we have?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

He watched those old episodes of the Brookhaven obesity clinic and thought he could have all the junk food he wanted. 

Thanks for some humor.   I remember that show.

• Love 7

Oh shit. I just caught myself doing something Dr Paradise pointed out to Sean’s mom. My dog was barking at people on the sidewalk. I tried to get her attention to distract her. Once the people were out of site, I told her, “Noooo, we don’t need to do that”. Am I enabling my puppernutter to not live her best life?

3CD9882D-345D-4097-B91F-AADB4F809FC5.jpeg

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
Just now, Hellga said:

His teeth were horrible too.  I wonder if he has ever been to a dentist as an adult...  

He likely doesn't own a toothbrush....imagine the smell of his breath. His teeth are probably completely rotten, gum disease is dangerous for a person his size.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Likely a combination of exhibitionist and being too hot....like Whitney Thore

Yikes. I'm fat and I'm always cold. Just seeing all these fat people who have to strip down every five minutes gives me the willies. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Sadly, my guess is that Sean's mother got what she wanted, a permanent baby that would never leave her, and she doomed him with her smothering.     I bet the father never had any say in anything to do with Sean, and my guess is that when the divorce happened, the father had zero chance of getting between his ex, and his son.  

I suspect that there is almost no chance that the production company will shut down any show, because they have to produce enough regular episodes, and WATN's to make up a full season.  I think that's why we have been getting so many episodes with people who never even get surgery, like Angie, and Mercedes, and others.       I ca't imagine how much it costs to film all of the home, office, and Houston footage on any of the Poundticipants, and there is no way they're just going to stop filming someone, and dump an episode.   Plus it shows that some are just not going to lose weight.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

You might not eat, but a nice glass of wine would be acceptable to get you through this crisis with us.....

That's working for me...except I'm not watching yet.  It was 5 p.m. here, so it was officially Wednesday Pounder Wine Time.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
Just now, 7EasyPayments said:

Reese's Pieces.

I won't even buy them.

An open bag is an empty bag.

But PB M&Ms are delicious also.

Sigh.  This talk of yummy candy is leading me to decide the Dr Now approved foods can wait until Monday.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
Just now, hoosiermom said:

ah, but then we wouldn't have had time to discuss all the different candy now would we have?

I will have to read about it later.  I am not keeping up all that well with this episode.

Candy, you said?   Now I want some candy, but the closest thing to candy in the house at the moment is Grapes and we know where that will lead.

• LOL 15
Just now, 7EasyPayments said:

Reese's Pieces.

I won't even buy them.

I think the only reason I’m in the audience for this show rather than a poundticipant is that I don’t like peanut butter or anything with it as an ingredient. 

• Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Yikes. I'm fat and I'm always cold. Just seeing all these fat people who have to strip down every five minutes gives me the willies. 

I'm always cold too but my husband wears short sleeves in the winter and it gets really cold here in Canadaland.

• Love 4

His weight distribution is weird.  He is oddly misshapen, with so much of his stomach hanging on the right and some of the weight on his backside leaning more left... that's probably the worst body shape (regardless of weight) I have seen (on a standing patient, the ones splayed out on the bed don't count) in my two seasons watching this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Even for me this is cynical, but maybe TLC is running this episode to try to recoup all the expenses for all of Sean’s hospitalizations and therapies. 

I wouldn't be surprised. He's received a lot of help.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Reese's Pieces.

I won't even buy them.

I am allergic to peanuts.  Very allergic--they have tried to kill me on several occasions. 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

I will have to read about it later.  I am not keeping up all that well with this episode.

Candy, you said?   Now I want some candy, but the closest thing to candy in the house at the moment is Grapes and we know where that will lead.

Just say No isn't going to help.......

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I can spend $10 at Chipotle and get a burrito bowl (that will feed me for two days). I can take that same $10 at our local farmers market and buy fruits and veggies, a loaf of bread and some cheese (vegetarian here) and have meals for a week.   I always give a major eye roll when I hear the "I can't afford HEALTHY food" (both on the road and out in the real world) BS from the participants.... 

Holy moly what Chipotle are you going to that charges $10??? My burrito bowl in Chicago is $6.75. But yes I still agree with you - it’s so easy to shop healthy on a budget. Eye rolls are necessary for nonsense 🙂

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

His weight distribution is weird.  He is oddly misshapen, with so much of his stomach hanging on the right and some of the weight on his backside leaning more left... that's probably the worst body shape (regardless of weight) I have seen (on a standing patient, the ones splayed out on the bed don't count) in my two seasons watching this show.

You must not have seen Charity, who had the huge butt wings. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Paradise just told him to fake it ‘till you make it. Where have I heard that before?  Sometimes,  that’s all you can do to get through.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6