Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, MissLam said:

Holy moly what Chipotle are you going to that charges $10??? My burrito bowl in Chicago is $6.75. But yes I still agree with you - it’s so easy to shop healthy on a budget. Eye rolls are necessary for nonsense 🙂

$6.75??? My bowl averages 12 bucks! And thats a basic rice, chicken, guac. No extras. 

Im being robbed!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Midnightblue said:

go Dr. Paradise!!! Wear clothes. What a concept.

I love me some Dr. Paradise.  However it seems like every time he's on he wears that same plaid shirt.  (Not that anything is wrong with that)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

My feelings about him being on the spectrum (I have a sadly extreme amount of experience) comes from his initial story. His childhood stories and photos pinged my radar. The biting was a red flag. The extreme reactions, again, right from childhood if his story is to be believed. 80% of all marriages with autistic children end in divorce. 

I bought the original show. Sean says, "I bit someone once." At least from that statement, he doesn't seem to be an habitual biter. People do all kinds of things once. 

I understand you have personal experience with people on the spectrum; I'm not trying to cause an argument. I just wonder how much behavior these days is labeled as resulting from autism, when it isn't. Sean went to school when school systems were aware of autism and the need for special ed or placement in regular classrooms. There was plenty of time for him to be diagnosed as autistic, but such a diagnosis was never mentioned (maybe he was diagnosed, who knows? I'm just saying it was never mentioned).

I went to school during the 60's & 70's; I doubt anyone with behavioral issues back then would have been so labeled. Not everyone who behaves differently or has problems controlling behavior is autistic. Again, not to belittle those who are, just saying that on almost every board I'm on, from FB to reddit, folks are quick to jump in with an armchair diagnosis of autism.

Sean's parents divorced. The mother admitted to babying him. When you are not disciplined, when you are not called to be accountable for your actions, you may behave badly and your interactions with people may be difficult. I would place more of the blame on the divorce, his reaction to it, and his mother's apparent weakness by compensating for the divorce by babying Sean. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'll admit it and say when I get home the first thing I do is strip. I hate pants! Best part of my day is coming home and getting naked 

I don't get naked, but I put on my jammies when I know I'm not going out again.

• Love 19

Please everyone notice how claw like, painful and misshapen his left foot is. That was his momma's doing. He injured his foot at only 18 years of age, the operation to fix it failed and his disgusting, poor excuse for a mother allowed him to take to his bed and kept feeding and feeding and feeding him.

She never fought for him by putting her foot up the ass of the surgeon/hospital who left him that way nor even tried to get another surgeon to repair his severely damaged foot.

Bitch.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

You should wear clothes every day. Best advice EVAH.

Too True!  It's right up there with "Make your bed everyday!  That way you will have accomplished something!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Dr Paradise told him to wear clothes!

Dr Paradise is awesome. He can tell people basic things in a way they can understand. 

Dr Now seems to be the closest thing Sean has to a father figure. Sean admitted to Dr Paradise that he does well in the hospital due to the pressure from Dr Now. It’s so sad that Sean didn’t have a support system to keep him on track when he was younger. 😿

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

I so love these.  I can't keep them in the house.

If I have them in the house, I make excuses to go downstairs in the middle of the night...  “the dogs have to pee” “I think I left the basement light on” and get a couple handfuls. 

• LOL 6
37 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Dr. Now/Dr. Paradise need to have him admitted to a psych facility.   Wonder if he was on any antidepressants?

He was on a suicide mission and agree that he really didn't want to live after his mom passed.  Very sad indeed.

I'm sure suicide in illegal in Texas. When Dr. Now realized that Sean was trying to eat himself to death, he absolutely should have requested a psych eval for Sean. He has done it before, such as for Lisa.

Maybe that was the type of 'care facility' that Sean needed -- where he could find his way to better mental health.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

You should wear clothes every day. Best advice EVAH.

He doesn't need to wear a Brooks Bros suit every day.   Just a very large t-shirt (is there a 12xl size?) and some elastic waisted shorts.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

You must not have seen Charity, who had the huge butt wings. 

the one bit of education I have gotten from TLC is that people who are super duper morbidly obese can carry their weight really differently.  

his voice is driving me nuts

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I don't get naked, but I put on my jammies when I know I'm not going out again.

I used to love to throw my bra off when I got home from work, but now that I'm retired, I rarely wear one anymore! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

$6.75??? My bowl averages 12 bucks! And thats a basic rice, chicken, guac. No extras. 

Im being robbed!

I get the basic chicken bowl no guac. But even with it, it still shouldn’t be $12. You’re getting jipped. My condolences to your wallet. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

He literally is passive-aggressiving himself to death.

This is a perfect description! I couldn't figure out what I wanted to say, but this is it. He's self-sabotaging to show them that he's helpless. But, as we know, there's only so many times you can yo-yo.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

My guess about his foot/ankle injury is whatever the doctors did to fix it, I bet Mommy interfered and probably never followed the rules the doctors set out for his recovery.     My guess is he was supposed to be non-weight bearing for a while, and ignored it.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

What a shame for a doctor to have to hector a patient to wash and keep clean. How does Sean not slither out of that SUV of a wheelchair and melt into the woodwork?
I saw a yellow/brown stain on his sheets when the aide/bathers came in. Eeuuuww.

• LOL 1

Now I Know these voice overs must be scripted. 

His goal is to be "completely independent"?  Indeed, his every action screams that he is committed to that purpose. 

And I'm going to win the lottery, marry Hugh Jackman and live in a mansion in Paris.

Heh

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Please everyone notice how claw like, painful and misshapen his left foot is. That was his momma's doing. He injured his foot at only 18 years of age, the operation to fix it failed and his disgusting, poor excuse for a mother allowed him to take to his bed and kept feeding and feeding and feeding him.

She never fought for him by putting her foot up the ass of the surgeon/hospital who left him that way nor even tried to get another surgeon to repair his severely damaged foot.

Bitch.

I agree. She stuck him in bed and catered to his every whim. She probably said things like "are you sure you're well enough to get up?" and "maybe you should give it another day-don't want to rush things". And he was spineless and weak willed enough to go along with it. Just a perfect storm of dysfunction. 

2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

He doesn't need to wear a Brooks Bros suit every day.   Just a very large t-shirt (is there a 12xl size?) and some elastic waisted shorts.  

Isn't that a policy in rehab places? My dad was in a rehab after he had a stroke, and he was supposed to get dressed every day, and spend time out of bed, even if it was sitting in a chair.

• Love 10

Obviously the weight gain is bad for his body, but can any of the medical peeps here speak to the effect on the body when someone like Sean gains and loses 100s of pounds over and over again? Does it matter or does it create problems?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2