Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, peaceknit said:

I used to love to throw my bra off when I got home from work, but now that I'm retired, I rarely wear one anymore! 

I work from home. One of the many reasons I'm loathe to go back into the workplace is bras. I only wear them when I'm leaving the house, which is glorious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
Just now, Dianaofthehunt said:

What a shame for a doctor to have to hector a patient to wash and keep clean. How does Sean not slither out of that SUV of a wheelchair and melt into the woodwork?
I saw a yellow/brown stain on his sheets when the aide/bathers came in. Eeuuuww.

Need the 🤮 icon for this!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Thank you   Dr. Nowzaradan!    For calling him out for HOW MUCH he must eat to gain weight.  thanks for spelling it out.  Ferme la bouche !                !

I think anyone who truly believes Sean could have just changed his eating habits on his own is unrealistic. And an occasional session with Dr. Paradise would not relieve him of his physical addiction to and/or psychological dependence on food. Sean's only chance might have been a psychiatric care facility.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DEG9 said:

Now I Know these voice overs must be scripted. 

His goal is to be "completely independent"?  Indeed, his every action screams that he is committed to that purpose. 

And I'm going to win the lottery, marry Hugh Jackman and live in a mansion in Paris.

Heh

You can’t!!!! I’m gonna marry Hugh Jackman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I'm retired too, and sometimes the jammies are on all day!

That's how I gained about 8 pounds between Halloween and Ash Wednesday.  If I had been wearing normal clothes everyday, I think I might have noticed earlier.

I am about to go put on my jammies now

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, peaceknit said:
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's 58 here in the cornfields. Yup.

I'll take 58 over 100 any day! 

In MN we're supposed to get down to 48 tonight.  After we hit 90 on Friday!  Temps just keep jumping around.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Good evening, my peeps!

My eating habit is chicken kiev, wild rice, and asparagus.  For dessert we are having some very tasty watermelon.  A very nice meal all around. 

Another person I need to hang out with. That sounds totally yum. I will be buying a watermelon on sale for $2.99 from Harris Teeter tomorrow and thinking about making a watermelon, feta, kalamata olive, red onion and arugula salad.

Yes, it sounds weird but just check out watermelon feta salad online and you will find plenty of recipes for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

His only words in a long talk with Dr Now was yeah, ok, uh huh. He has no enthusiasm. His life force is gone. “I’m going to do what I need to do,” he said. I think he’s very suicidal.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Obviously the weight gain is bad for his body, but can any of the medical peeps here speak to the effect on the body when someone like Sean gains and loses 100s of pounds over and over again? Does it matter or does it create problems?

Heart, liver, kidney, gall bladder issues, among other things. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ELFairy said:

He won’t even wear a gown in bed?  Those poor healthcare workers.  😐

I’m a nursing student and former PCT. You have NO idea what we see every day. Nothing shocks me at this point.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, ThereButFor said:

Foreshadowing?  Any weight gain will be very dangerous... well Duh.

The foreshadowing is getting anvilicious. It started when Dr Now said something about signing a death certificate with an open date and it’s only gotten more blatant. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Another person I need to hang out with. That sounds totally yum. I will be buying a watermelon on sale for $2.99 from Harris Teeter tomorrow and thinking about making a watermelon, feta, kalamata olive, red onion and arugula salad.

Yes, it sounds weird but just check out watermelon feta salad online and you will find plenty of recipes for it.

Salt and sweet !!! Yummy!  Do you put balsamic vinegar on it?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Isn't that a policy in rehab places? My dad was in a rehab after he had a stroke, and he was supposed to get dressed every day, and spend time out of bed, even if it was sitting in a chair.

Both of my parents spent time in rehab, and YES getting dressed and out of bed every day was not optional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

What time is dinner?  I'll bring the wine - that sounds totally delicious; (and to keep OT something that Sean definitely wouldn't eat!!!!!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

I haz feta so I will, but I detest olives.  During the summer I buy watermelon weekly at the farmers' market.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

His only words in a long talk with Dr Now was yeah, ok, uh huh. He has no enthusiasm. His life force is gone. “I’m going to do what I need to do,” he said. I think he’s very suicidal.

He literally has nothing to live for, besides eating. He has no life.

• Love 5

I’ve heard that yo-yoing and going up and down in weight can be very hard physically on your body. I can’t imagine going up and down hundreds of pounds in such a short amount of time is what Sean has been doing. 200 pounds up and down! That’s an entire human!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Midnightblue said:

All of these services that Dr. Now is setting up...teaching him how to shop, etc. This should have been done ages ago

He probably wasn't ready, and wouldn't have followed through.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

I work from home. One of the many reasons I'm loathe to go back into the workplace is bras. I only wear them when I'm leaving the house, which is glorious. 

You and me both! I never wear a bra. Unless I have to go to the grocery store. Then I Dress For SUCCESS!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DEG9 said:

Back off, bitch!  He's mine!!!!  heh

I just pointed out your message to Hugh.  He's lying here next to me!

Edited by MsVixen
  • LOL 18
1 minute ago, Miracle Maxie said:

The foreshadowing is getting anvilicious. It started when Dr Now said something about signing a death certificate with an open date and it’s only gotten more blatant. 

You GO with that vocab -- "anvilicious" is a new one for me!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

That's how I gained about 8 pounds between Halloween and Ash Wednesday.  If I had been wearing normal clothes everyday, I think I might have noticed earlier.

I am about to go put on my jammies now

Years ago a Weight Watchers buddy of mine said something similar. When you come home and put on pajamas, you don't notice as the weight creeps up. I have comfortable 'at home' clothes now (sans bra), but they are clothes and would 'warn' me I was starting to gain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Comcast is acting an ass, so I can only half-ass see what's happening. I'm struck, tho, by how much effort and energy Dr. Now put into helping Sean, but it was never enough. Sean ultimately didn't want to take care of himself. We can blame his mom, but he's an adult with access to counseling and world-class medical care. At the end of the day, he didn't want to try. 

At the end of the day, I think, Sean was mentally ill and needed more intensive psychiatric care than he could get from an occasional counseling session with Dr. Paradise.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

Thanks, @sagittarius sue I recently retired and stayed in my jammies all day and felt incredibly guilty.  You've made me feel so much better!  (I did brush my teeth, comb my hair however).

On weekends, I wear my standard lounging around the house attire/jammies. Leggings and an big comfy t-shirt. MAYBE a caftan if I'm feeling fancy. I do shower and brush my teeth. I'm not a savage! But loungewear and jammies are interchangeable. I work at a university and we have no dress code so I don't really have standard work wear, just jeans and decent looking blouses/tops. Even that is too much though. I am living for the day I retire and can be comfy every. single. day. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

On The Kitchen Saturday they made a yogurt based dip with feta, mint, etc., and used it as a dip for watermelon sticks.  Looked good!

• Useful 1

Therapist, nutritionist, PT, etc, and none of it was enough. I can't help thinking about the person who DIDN'T get picked instead of Sean, and wondering if they'd have tried harder than he did. He wants a permanent servant to feed him, bathe him, and cater to his every whim. The more I watch, the more irritated I get. 🤬

• Love 7