Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Week 5: Scotland

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I fought all afternoon to get ABC to come in on my antenna and now it's breaking up. Did Nice Luke leave of his own accord? Or did Hannah kick him to the curb?

He left on his own, Saber. He asked to speak to Hannah just as she was about to hand out the 1st 🌹. We only heard parts of their convo and then he walked out. Hannah came back and told the rest that Luke S left of his own accord.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, talktoomuch said:

Luke is empty inside and Hannah keeps trying to make that emptiness into "still waters run deep." But sometimes you just have to accept that still waters are just still but shallow.

All Hannah wants is for Luke to show some fake depth, to match hers. Is that too much to ask? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, reggiejax said:

All Hannah wants is for Luke to show some fake depth, to match hers. Is that too much to ask? 

Luke needs to borrow some lines from the Tyler Play Book.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Omigod, I am so bored.  This show used to be trashy fun; now it's just a dreary slog through endless inter-bachelor conflicts and he-said/he said drama.  (I felt the same way last season with the Hannah/Caelynn feud, and with Colton's virginity dominating as the central theme of the series).  And then there are the group dates which frequently involve men beating the crap out of each other.  Where are the fun dates?  Where's the joy?  Where's the alleged romance?

OK, I feel better now.     

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
(edited)

Guys, I love you all and I echo all of your thoughts.  That 1 hour spent on Hannah saying "Can you please just name one emotion?" and Luke creepily smiling and saying things like "...... No?" was one of the most painful things I've ever seen in this franchise.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13

That was excruciating. However, it doesn't look like the end of the Luke P show. 

He is fake, he is a liar. Hannah is on to him, but she has no idea why and can't articulate it one bit. That was exhausting to watch, it must have been exhausting to live through. Yikes. 

Mike has the best smile. 

I sure wish Kevin had walked in on Hannah on top of the other guys too. That would have been comic gold. 🙂 It was nice to have a group date without Psycho Luke. 

Can't wait to find out what in the world happens next week. Is it Garrett that does/says something? Arghh. Can't we have just one calm week? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

This episode started out so promising, I love Scotland. Then that Luke date.  Egads this episode turned out to be a major fail. They couldn’t have beefed up the footage of cute guys in kilts and edited out some of that u believably boring Luke date? 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 12

I think both Tyler and Peter were shocked they didn’t get the rose.  Little did they know she was getting steamy with all of them.  Maybe she should just wear a short dress next time, seemed like it was really getting in the way.  This was definitely a lot for week 4.  I remember Ben got in a lot of trouble for going too far with Cortney in his season but she seems like she’s going pretty far with multiple people....and quickly!  Kind of makes Kaitlyn Bristow look tame! 

I liked her & Mike together, seemed fun, unlike her & blockhead.  

Peter is starting to seem a little goofy to me.  Twice in this episode he was running around with his hands like an airplane.  

I also had no idea there was a Devin.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Jayohgee said:

Omigod, I am so bored.  This show used to be trashy fun; now it's just a dreary slog through endless inter-bachelor conflicts and he-said/he said drama.  (I felt the same way last season with the Hannah/Caelynn feud, and with Colton's virginity dominating as the central theme of the series).  And then there are the group dates which frequently involve men beating the crap out of each other.  Where are the fun dates?  Where's the joy?  Where's the alleged romance?

OK, I feel better now.     

There’s a huge disconnect.  TPTB clearly think we don’t want to see a love story.  And Hannah said she loved this episode because it had fun, romance, and drama?  Huh?  Did she actually see the edited version? What fun? What romance? For some reason, she thinks watching the guys fight over her and her climb on top of a few equal fun and romance.  And Luke P is drama but not good drama that leaves the audience excited. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I can’t give you this rose...until the rose ceremony.

No, no, no, no.... I didn't think of that. Oh man, I can't anymore with that idiot. I thought she figured him out. If she keeps giving him more chances, then she will go from being my favorite Bachelorette to dumber than a stump Bachelorette. 

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I sure wish Kevin had walked in on Hannah on top of the other guys too. That would have been comic gold. 🙂 

I made the same comment.  Can you imagine.  That would be amazing.

I invited my neighbour over and she pointed out that Hannah loves to be on top (which is very much like Kevin's comment that she was "attacking the shit out of Jed" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)  Lo and behold , she proceeded to mount every single guy she made out with today.

My neighbour also thinks that the guy with the fancy brown hair is gay.  I don't know his name, but he wore a Burberry scarf.  (edited for clarity:  Dylan.)

Kristen Baldwin on Twitter is making a lot of the fact that Mike has a size 14 shoe and wants him to be the next Bachelor.  😂

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Luke is an emotionless weasel and Hannah is flat-out unable to articulate any of the emotions she wants him to fake for her.  Rinse, repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.  That was about five hours worth of boredom.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

Am I the only one that hears Hannah endink every "-ing" word with a "k"?

No, you are not alone - I hate the way she talks. 

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Hannah wants the deep talk: Mac and cheese or spaghetti? Soul bearing!

I don't have a clue what she sees in him. They act like a couple of grade niners. Not only is he a fake shallow twit, but also kind of unfortunate looking. Maybe it's his personality that makes him so repulsive.

31 minutes ago, Jayohgee said:

OK, I feel better now.     

I think that Hannah is far too immature for this, as are many of the guys and it feels like watching a prom queen and a bunch of frat boys  - with a couple of exceptions. No doubt the producers are forcing this Luke shit and it is not the least bit entertaining. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

He left on his own, Saber. He asked to speak to Hannah just as she was about to hand out the 1st 🌹. We only heard parts of their convo and then he walked out. Hannah came back and told the rest that Luke S left of his own accord.

I wonder if Luke S’s final words to Hannah were kick six (I know you SEC folk know what I’m talking about)

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Luke kept saying he was not lying and he is telling her the truth when he says "blah blah blah." Anyone who has to tell someone they aren't lying typically is telling a lie. Or lies all the other times his mouth is open so has to qualify this one statement that is NOT a lie.

So exhausting.

1 minute ago, lizajane said:

I think that Hannah is far too immature for this, as are many of the guys and it feels like watching a prom queen and a bunch of frat boys  - with a couple of exceptions. No doubt the producers are forcing this Luke shit and it is not the least bit entertaining. 

I think the writers and editors on this show are the ones dragging this franchise down. I'll bet all the former ones are gone, replaced by writers/editors who think guys beating each other up and gossiping are a good time.

So exhausting.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Don't they all have fancy brown hair?

I'm talking about the guy with the fanciest

Apparently my description sucks, so this guy:

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 11.11.38 PM.png

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

My neighbour also thinks that the guy with the fancy brown hair is gay.  I don't know his name, but he wore a Burberry scarf.  

I picked up on that as well, although I did not know it was a Burberry scarf. My gaydar kind of sucks, though, so it is kind of odd your neighbor thought the same.

Garrett dresses well and I get the 'filling' (TM Hannah) that both he and Tyler come from money.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm talking about the guy with the fanciest

Okay now I am confused. Both Dylan and GARRETT were wearing scarves. I think you meant Garrett, he of the mile- high hair.( which I like)

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I cannot stand the way Hannah says words ending in “ing.” 

“I’m tryink to make it work...”

”im not gettink what I want from Luke...”

so annoyink.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I meant Dylan personally.

Okay, gotcha. You added Dylan's photo after I quoted. I meant Dylan as well but to me Garrett had the fancy hair.

11 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Okay, gotcha. You added Dylan's photo after I quoted. I meant Dylan as well but to me Garrett had the fancy hair.

Yeah, Garrett's the guy with the Mile High hair. Sans hair,  he's only 5 ft. 6. With hair, he's 6 ft. 2. Not that it matters whether Fancy Hair is Dylan or Garrett since they all have interchangeable looks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, Garrett's the guy with the Mile High hair. Sans hair,  he's only 5 ft. 6. With hair, he's 6 ft. 2. Not that it matters whether Fancy Hair is Dylan or Garrett since they all have interchangeable looks.

Awwww, I have a soft spot for short men. My eldest son is barely 5'6" and his younger bro is almost 6'. Mr. ECM is 6'2" so our oldest took after me. Has no trouble with the ladies, though, and his current gal is 5'9". 😲

On topic...I don't think they have interchangeable looks. Curious what Garrett says next week that lands him in hot water.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, lizajane said:

I don't have a clue what she sees in him. They act like a couple of grade niners. 

This is an insult to grade niners.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

My neighbour also thinks that the guy with the fancy brown hair is gay.  I don't know his name, but he wore a Burberry scarf.  (edited for clarity:  Dylan.)

I think that might be because Dylan (?? I think?)  bears a resemblance to Adam Lambert.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

AM I the only one who wants to go after Hannah's eyebrows with a tweezers?   Just a few hairs off the inside corners would make her look less deranged and angry. 

How about starting with a weed-eater?  But diminishing the crazy brows might make that 1950s Pontiac grille look even larger.  Oy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hannah’s nose gets red when she’s drunk and it has happened a lot. She also gets horny when she’s drunk as evidenced by her attacking three dudes on the group date. I haven’t seen many bachelorettes thus far who have climbed on top of the guys for full on make out sessions. 

I feel bad for Luke at this point. She keeps saying Luke is not what she wants him to be. This guy cannot win with her. It literally doesn’t matter what he says. Saying she doesn’t know who he is? Yeah, no shit. You don’t know any of these guys. Why ask for more from Luke than she’s asking from the others? Nobody else is getting this treatment. 

Whoever wins this show will have to deal with a crazy ass. It won’t last because Hannah is nuts. Or maybe it’s just immaturity. Either way, it won’t be fun for the man. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think both Tyler and Peter were shocked they didn’t get the rose.  Little did they know she was getting steamy with all of them.  Maybe she should just wear a short dress next time, seemed like it was really getting in the way.  This was definitely a lot for week 4.  I remember Ben got in a lot of trouble for going too far with Cortney in his season but she seems like she’s going pretty far with multiple people....and quickly!  Kind of makes Kaitlyn Bristow look tame! 

I liked her & Mike together, seemed fun, unlike her & blockhead.  

Peter is starting to seem a little goofy to me.  Twice in this episode he was running around with his hands like an airplane.  

I also had no idea there was a Devin.  

disagree about making kaitlyn look tame. kaitlyn was having sex with several, hannah is just kissing--not sure how that compares. we have seen most of the bachlorettes kissing several men on same nite. thats part of dating. I dont see a makeout session as "pretty far" yes, ben having sex with courtney in the ocean, Kaitlyn brining nick back to her room to have sex, thats "pretty far'

4 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I personally think Luke S. left the "castle" and headed directly to BiP... don't want to stay around the mothership too long and miss out. It's a tough situation. We'll certainly see him again.

SINCE He left on his own I dont understand why Chris took a rose back. Luke S was a very whiny individual and I was happy to see him leave since he knew hannah wasnt going to pik him. 

• Love 9

The one-on-one date with Luke provided a window to Hannah's personality.She kept telling him that he wasn't giving her anything to work with, but she wasn't helping him  She could have asked the types of questions she wanted answered.  I see someone who is used to making demands on people and getting her way without much work.  To me, she comes off like a spoiled princess.  

• Love 16

I do agree with the whole idea that with Luke P there is the first impression rose thing standing in the way. Hasn't almost every bachelorette's F1 been their first impression? I can see the producers confusing her about that, or even Hannah just getting inside her own head about it. Sometimes first impressions are wrong. Maybe she'll break the franchise streak -- it's OK. He has a good facade -- he made a good first impression -- so did Cam -- ha!

I would love to know what she thinks once she watches the show and sees how really two faced he is. When he says to the guys he's going to see if he'll stick around or not -- then claim five minutes later he never said that. Or what happened with Luke S -- when he said tell her the truth and then what he actually said to her. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

The one-on-one date with Luke provided a window to Hannah's personality.She kept telling him that he wasn't giving her anything to work with, but she wasn't helping him  She could have asked the types of questions she wanted answered.  I see someone who is used to making demands on people and getting her way without much work.  To me, she comes off like a spoiled princess.  

I see what you are saying, but I think this was actually more about her knowing something is off and she didn't know how to fix it.  Ideally she should have realized he is a creep and not worth her time, but she still likes him for some reason so was scrambling to try to fix a situation that can't be fixed.  What she is missing is if it is that hard already it is not a relationship that would ever work.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Am I the only one that hears Hannah endink every "-ing" word with a "k"?

YES!!!!   Like Christine on Sister Wives.  Drives me nuts.  

Her face looked so different in the rose ceremony.  Even DH noticed that.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

YES!!!!   Like Christine on Sister Wives.  Drives me nuts.  

Her face looked so different in the rose ceremony.  Even DH noticed that.  

Hannah looks great in pageant mode -- huge smile and long glamour hair.  At last night's rose ceremony her hair was up, showing her broad shoulders and very round face and her unsmiling mouth is just not very pretty.   Of course, eye of the beholder and all.  I'm just not a fan of her type.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

"My heart producers want him to stay".  There, Hannah, fixed it for ya.  She is so over him.  The look on her face at the rose ceremony at the beginning.  It was like she was trying not to throw up.  

I liked silly Hannah on her date with Mike.  There is no way I would be able to eat the super sour candy, haha.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

"My heart producers want him to stay".  There, Hannah, fixed it for ya.  She is so over him.  The look on her face at the rose ceremony at the beginning.  It was like she was trying not to throw up.  

I liked silly Hannah on her date with Mike.  There is no way I would be able to eat the super sour candy, haha.

Yes! come on people. She is not really into Luke. Every season the troublemaker needs to stay on for a while. I see people who keep asking why she likes him so much, but I think it's clear by her about to vomit facial expressions that the producers are the ones who can't let him go.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Since he left on his own I don't understand why Chris took a rose back.

I assume the plan was for Luke P. and Luke S. to have a two-on-one with Hannah. When he left, that plan became unnecessary, and Hannah had already decided who she was going to dump.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I assume the plan was for Luke P. and Luke S. to have a two-on-one with Hannah. When he left, that plan became unnecessary, and Hannah had already decided who she was going to dump.

I thought that was coming too.  When the taller Luke quit, I was shocked.  I didn't hear him say anything like "I'm leaving".  Did I miss it?  I think, like another person here indicated, they muffled/silenced some of his speech.  I had no idea when he said what he said to Hannah, that he would actually go out the door.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought that was coming too.  When the taller Luke quit, I was shocked.  I didn't hear him say anything like "I'm leaving".  Did I miss it?  I think, like another person here indicated, they muffled/silenced some of his speech.  I had no idea when he said what he said he would actually go.

There was a conversation between them, most of which was NOT shown. Maybe one or both started talking about what the producers were telling both of them or some other topic that pulls back the curtain more than Harrison and co. would like?

My best guess (and I claim NO inside information): Luke S. asks Hannah if she is keeping him and Luke P. She says Yes, and they will all go on a 2-1 next episode. Luke S. either tells Hannah that he won't debase himself by directly competing with a guy he hates, or tells her that if she believes Luke P's version of events, he wants nothing to do with her.

• Love 10