Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Olivia Munn used to be one of the prettiest people in Hollywood.  She was so unique looking and I would have given my left arm to look like her.  It makes me so sad to see what she has done to her face.  Jesus H. Christ.  Why??  Traded in a beautiful face full of charm for a face full of plastic, only to end up looking like 99% of the rest of the Hollywood plastic people.  All that plastic and work has added years to her face, too.  Oh, and she contributes these changes to eating potatoes or something ridiculous.  And denies having done even one thing to herself.  Normally, I do not and would not go on and on about a celeb's looks, it is what it is, but this one just flabbergasts me so badly.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Olivia Munn used to be one of the prettiest people in Hollywood.  She was so unique looking and I would have given my left arm to look like her.  It makes me so sad to see what she has done to her face.  Jesus H. Christ.  Why??  Traded in a beautiful face full of charm for a face full of plastic, only to end up looking like 99% of the rest of the Hollywood plastic people.  All that plastic and work has added years to her face, too.  Oh, and she contributes these changes to eating potatoes or something ridiculous.  And denies having done even one thing to herself.  Normally, I do not and would not go on and on about a celeb's looks, it is what it is, but this one just flabbergasts me so badly.   

Agree, the face is distracting.  Olivia seems to want to cash in on #MeToo.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SrOfficial said:

Agree, the face is distracting. Olivia seems to want to cash in on #MeToo.

Standing up and speaking out isn't cashing in on anything. It's doing what's right. Keeping quiet has allowed the likes of Weinstein, Moonves and many others in all types of industries whose names we'll never know to get away with their crimes. Like the previous poster said, Olivia's actions gave that girl her power back. Beautiful segment.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I once read an interview where the actor (can't remember who) said  Olivia Munn was the most beautiful woman in Hollywood. This stuck to me and whenever I see her on shows I "study" her beauty. When I saw her today my first thought was, "what happened to her face!?" She should have just left things alone. 

And before I get blasted for my shallow comment, I also found her support of the abuse victim very inspirational and was glad she was strong enough to stand her ground. Her reaction to the victim's statement was endearing.

• Love 7

took them ,(and it was sharon!) to say that tiffany hadish has done a stand up special. why did no one correct the guy who was babbling on with disrespect on the radio show. and that she had done a special should have been the first thing out the the view tables mouth. are they that ignorant. just made me angry. i love tiffany and her comedy special was really good. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

took them ,(and it was sharon!) to say that tiffany hadish has done a stand up special. why did no one correct the guy who was babbling on with disrespect on the radio show. and that she had done a special should have been the first thing out the the view tables mouth. are they that ignorant. just made me angry. i love tiffany and her comedy special was really good. 

It's "The Talk"...

45 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Jodie Sweetin did pretty well last week. I enjoyed having her around. She has a lot of life experience and could be a good fill in host in the future.

She was good. I'll take anyone over Carnie Wilson. Can't stand her.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Jodie Sweetin did pretty well last week. I enjoyed having her around. She has a lot of life experience and could be a good fill in host in the future.

Her laugh is so adorable. I highly recommend her book "unSweetined". She was very open about her battles with addiction.

8 hours ago, rcc said:

I enjoyed the La Law reunion. That was my favorite show back in the day. 

Jimmy Smits and Blair Underwood can still get it! 

• Love 7

Emotional, I will miss Julie. Sheryl and Carrie Ann in tears. Sara emotional, Eve silent. Raggedy Ann had her face tilted down so I don't actually know her reaction. Was she crying or smiling? Who knows.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Mikita said:

Emotional, I will miss Julie. Sheryl and Carrie Ann in tears. Sara emotional, Eve silent. Raggedy Ann had her face tilted down so I don't actually know her reaction. Was she crying or smiling? Who knows.

Raggedy Ann. LOL. She probably couldn't muster up any fake tears so she chose to look down instead. Or hopefully, she knows her days are numbered and it hit her like a ton of bricks.

I wish I could've reached through the screen and hugged Sheryl. She was so sad. 

• Love 10

Not one bit surprised Julie left.  Page Six said many were convinced she was told to leave by CBS. Who knows the real reason. The only thing I hope is that Carrie Ann isn’t the replacement.  I would like to see someone from my culture——Latina. 

Whats with Sheryl’s hair?  Normally, her wigs are quite nice, but yesterday and today.......I just don’t get it. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Not one bit surprised Julie left.  Page Six said many were convinced she was told to leave by CBS. Who knows the real reason. The only thing I hope is that Carrie Ann isn’t the replacement.  I would like to see someone from my culture——Latina. 

Whats with Sheryl’s hair?  Normally, her wigs are quite nice, but yesterday and today.......I just don’t get it. 

She has braids and decided to wrap her hair with a scarf.  I love head wraps..

I love Eve's natural hair.  So many Black women are wearing it on TV and I love it.. I remember Eve saying that she had damaged her hair for wearing weaves  perming and dying it for years.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I remember reading that Carrie Ann was auditioning for Aisha's seat a while back only to lose out to Eve whoever, never heard of her before she joined The Talk. I tuned in today to see Julie's announcement that she's leaving and saw Carrie Ann in her seat, looking ecstatic. She got her seat after all! I'm happy for her. Good riddance to Chen.

This is the first episode I've seen in a long time. Are they trying out having different co-hosts introduce a topic now that Julie's out or have they been doing that for a while? I don't care for it.

5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She has braids and decided to wrap her hair with a scarf.  I love head wraps..

That’s a scarf?   I’ve seen so many African American women wearing wearing faux braids in multiple colors, so I thought it was that. 

2 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

That’s a scarf?   I’ve seen so many African American women wearing wearing faux braids in multiple colors, so I thought it was that. 

I will look again.  You could be right, It looked like a scarf to me..lol

Edited by Apprentice79

I've only seen maybe an episode of this show since it premiered but it generally seemed like Julie had two shows on the network because of her husband.  I was shocked to see she's only 48.  I think it's the right thing for her to leave the show regardless if she stays with her husband, which it seems that she is for now.  I do wonder if the show will survive without her, much like Big Brother, is there a reason to have the show on the network with no Julie Chen?

• Love 1

Today is Holly's birthday. I went over to Leah's twitter and she wished Holly a happy birthday. I wanted to see if she said anything about Julie leaving. She did not. I think it would be a good thing if Mrs. O would be kicked out. Hire Leah and Holly back on the show with Sara being in charge. Works for me.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

A Latina co-host would be good. Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

This is the first episode I've seen in a long time. Are they trying out having different co-hosts introduce a topic now that Julie's out or have they been doing that for a while? I don't care for it.

They've started that since last week's premiere. It's a bit jarring but much better than whatever the hell Sharon thinks she's doing.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I will look again.  You could be right, It looked like a scarf to me..lol

I thought it was a scarf too. She hasn't worn them in a long time.

26 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I've only seen maybe an episode of this show since it premiered but it generally seemed like Julie had two shows on the network because of her husband.  I was shocked to see she's only 48.  I think it's the right thing for her to leave the show regardless if she stays with her husband, which it seems that she is for now.  I do wonder if the show will survive without her, much like Big Brother, is there a reason to have the show on the network with no Julie Chen?

I think it will as long as TPTB make the right choices. I don't care about BB, but I love The Talk and tune in to see everyone but Sharon. I'm sad to see Julie go, but one Chenbot removal won't stop no show for me. :)

22 minutes ago, rcc said:

Today is Holly's birthday. I went over to Leah's twitter and she wished Holly a happy birthday. I wanted to see if she said anything about Julie leaving. She did not. I think it would be a good thing if Mrs. O would be kicked out. Hire Leah and Holly back on the show with Sara being in charge. Works for me.

Happy birthday to Holly! It would be heaven to have her and Leah back, but Leah said she doesn't want to do another talk show. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

A Latina co-host would be good. Any suggestions?

I suggest Diana Perez.  She used to work at ABC News as anchor of World News Now and America This Morning.  Thought she was very good on those.  I believe she retired to raise her children and is not all that well known, but she would be my choice. 

Another choice: Diane Macedo, who is expecting a child.

This show seems to go for entertainers/names rather then news people anyway.

Speaking of which, can't stand Carrie Ann Inaba!  Her awfulness gets rewarded, it would seem.  Bad at one job (judging on DWTS), so lets give her more jobs (1 vs. 100 host-awful, guest co-hosting the Talk and with Kelly).  She is just unintelligent, foolish, loud, and obnoxious, IMO. 

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I suggest Diana Perez.  She used to work at ABC News as anchor of World News Now and America This Morning.  Thought she was very good on those.  I believe she retired to raise her children and is not all that well known, but she would be my choice. 

Another choice: Diane Macedo, who is expecting a child.

This show seems to go for entertainers/names rather then news people anyway.

Speaking of which, can't stand Carrie Ann Inaba!  Her awfulness gets rewarded, it would seem.  Bad at one job (judging on DWTS), so lets give her more jobs (1 vs. 100 host-awful, guest co-hosting the Talk and with Kelly).  She is just unintelligent, foolish, loud, and obnoxious, IMO. 

I recognize both names. Although this show is far from "newsy", I wouldn't mind a moderator with a more serious journalistic background over just a "name".

4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Carrie Ann Inaba has the worst laugh on television.  Correction.  Carrie Ann Inaba and Maria Menounos tie for having the worst laugh on television.  So for you regular viewers of The Talk I do not wish her on you. 

Aaw, I like her laugh. And not because I have an annoying one too. ;)

• Love 2

I'm sorry to see Julie go (although I see why she had to step down.) I think she did an excellent job as moderator (especially compared to the competition on other channels). I do wonder what's happening behind the scenes - I would have liked Julie to come in and say her goodbye.

Did anyone notice that that after Julie's message was shown the camera showed all of the panelists : Sheryl, Eve, Carrie, Sara, but no Mrs. O? It was really difficult to see her face.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

I'm sorry to see Julie go (although I see why she had to step down.) I think she did an excellent job as moderator (especially compared to the competition on other channels). I do wonder what's happening behind the scenes - I would have liked Julie to come in and say her goodbye.

Did anyone notice that that after Julie's message was shown the camera showed all of the panelists : Sheryl, Eve, Carrie, Sara, but no Mrs. O? It was really difficult to see her face.

Sharon purposely looked down at the table the whole time. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, rcc said:

Today is Holly's birthday. I went over to Leah's twitter and she wished Holly a happy birthday. I wanted to see if she said anything about Julie leaving. She did not.

Heh, I did the same thing with both of them....now, while I'm sure they publicly won't say anything, privately they are likely doing this:

Hooray.gif

As for Sharon, very telling for her to be looking at the desk with nary a tear as opposed to the other ladies.

BTW, was Sheryl going on a Rosie the Riveter audition?  WTH was up with her hair gear?!

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love Eve's natural hair. 

That was all Eve?  Wow, it looked great and she should keep it like that.

I was thinking, how about Gayle King as the moderator?

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 4

According to Wikipedia;

Spouse: Julie Chen (m. 2004), Nancy Wiesenfeld (m. 1978–2004)

From what I read a long way back, Les/Julie started dating around 2003.

Er....I'll go to Julie's post for this..

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I was thinking, how about Gayle King as the moderator?

I second that. I liked her co-hosting on The View and this show, but currently she's in NY doing CBS This Morning. I don't know if she'd want to quit that and move to LA. Who knows?

My current dream panel would be Gayle or Garcelle Beauvais as mod, replacing Evilene's redhead sister with Carnie, Eve, Sara and Sheryl. Carrie Ann and Jodie Sweetin could be the go-to fill-in hosts.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

I'd like to see the show give Chrissy Teigen a try.  I'm not a fan of Eve's or Carrie Ann's at all.

That would be interesting to see. I never watched her show with Tyra, but see her on the entertainment news shows and she seems fun. 

• Love 1
On 8/1/2018 at 3:13 PM, msrachelj said:

i'm starting to really dislike this show. you hardly ever see a real debate. in this case they were all ok with her comment and no one said anything? why? because he apologized? if it weren't a policeman they'd be arrested. 

It’s one of the reasons I lost interest in the show, especially once Aisha left. They handle everything w/kid gloves and can be such old-fashioned pearl-clutchers, Julie more than others! I always felt it was bc CBS is afraid to piss off middle America. They are especially terrible on issues involving racism.

Edited by tvallthetime
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tvallthetime said:

It’s one of the reasons I lost interest in the show, especially once Aisha left. They handle everything w/kid gloves and can be such old-fashioned pearl-clutchers, Julie more than others! I always felt it was bc CBS is afraid to piss off middle America. They are especially terrible on issues involving racism.

It reminds me how Sheryl and Eve botched the subject of colorism that exists in Hollywood and the music industry that was brought up by Matthew Knowles in regards to Beyoncé and her success. They acted that Matthew was being shady and salacious to sell his books.  If Aisha was there she would have gone deep that colorism is a consequence of White supremacy and slavery. It affects Black and Latino communities, but, nobody likes to talk about it. I thought that  Matthew was very courageous to say that his mother conditioned him to dislike dark-skinned Black women in lieu of light-skinned Black women, hence his marriage to Tina..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It reminds me how Sheryl and Eve botched the subject of colorism that exists in Hollywood and the music industry that was brought up by Matthew Knowles in regards to Beyoncé and her success. They acted that Matthew was being shady and salacious to sell his books.  If Aisha was there she would have gone deep that colorism is a consequence of White supremacy and slavery. It affects Black and Latino communities, but, nobody likes to talk about it. I thought that  Matthew was very courageous to say that his mother conditioned him to dislike dark-skinned Black women in lieu of light-skinned Black women, hence his marriage to Tina..

Exactly. She's sorely missed. It's too bad she's so busy, because I'd love to see her back moderating. Even for a show or two.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

I'm not entertained. Not at all. Talk about boring. The past two days have been snooze inducing. 

Exactly. They either need to take turns moderating a whole show or have guest hosts who can do it, because I'm over everyone taking turns introducing topics. The Real does that and they do it much better. I'll also need Sharon to fly her broom to the X Factor or anywhere else so I can get a break from her.

Also was it really necessary to show the unedited video of the nasty fool who spat in a customer's pizza? My local news at least had the sense to blur it.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I feel the same way. Who woulda known that Julie was the "exciting" one!

Lol. I miss Chenbot. The show's awkward without the presence of someone who knows how to move things along before they get boring.

Aisha, I know you've gone on to bigger and better things, but we need you, girl!

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Also was it really necessary to show the unedited video of the nasty fool who spat in a customer's pizza? My local news at least had the sense to blur it.

That was disgusting. The fact that I was eating take-out while watching made it worse.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I feel the same way. Who woulda known that Julie was the "exciting" one!

31 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Lol. I miss Chenbot. The show's awkward without the presence of someone who knows how to move things along before they get boring.

Aisha, I know you've gone on to bigger and better things, but we need you, girl!

Who knew right?

That's exactly it. She moved things along when they got boring or were going too far. Maybe she would have been the one to suggest they blur out the spitting? I too was eating fast food while viewing this. I quickly lost my appetite. I have eaten Little Caesar's at Comerica Park. I hope it was without the spit. Disgusting individual. 

• Love 3