Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I really enjoyed Lisa's "contributions" to the conversation(s).  To me, she seemed quite at ease.

I agree.  To my surprise she was quite good.  I remember Lisa being kind of boring on The View but she did very well today.  I didn't know she lived in Los Angeles.  I don't know if she'd take the gig, but I think she'd be a good addition.  She's a journalist too, so it would be a win win.  But if I remember correctly she left The View because she wanted to do more serious journalism.  

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I agree.  To my surprise she was quite good.  I remember Lisa being kind of boring on The View but she did very well today.  I didn't know she lived in Los Angeles.  I don't know if she'd take the gig, but I think she'd be a good addition.  She's a journalist too, so it would be a win win.  But if I remember correctly she left The View because she wanted to do more serious journalism.  

She has a regular show on Sunday night on CNN.  I love it!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Mrs. O almost stepped in it in the discussion about Megan Markle not looking Black. Eve rightly went to commercial before it ended badly. We all know that Sharon lacks self-control.

i wanted to hear them rip her a new one or at least have a heated discussion. instead they are going to let it slide aren't they. what the hell is the ass kissing with this p.o.s. woman?    i hate that nasty bitch and her hypocritical ways. bitch bitch bitch. 

and after commercial she defended herself and they all just accepted it. what does this woman have on the rest of them. get rid of her.

• Love 10

Did anyone else feel like Sharon was not letting Paulina speak? She cut her off a couple of times at the beginning of the show. 

I loved Constance Marie. 

They definitely should have had more of a conversation about the Piers Morgan comment. It was pathetic the way they had Eve say they were "not going to go there, that's a conversation for a different day." Except we all know that they won't. I swear there was something similar that came up about black skin color being different shades and they didn't discuss it then either. Way to protect Sharon. Because she was about to sound like Roseanne and her " I thought the bitch was white" comment. I wonder if anyone complained to CBS about her comment.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Mikita said:

Did anyone else feel like Sharon was not letting Paulina speak? She cut her off a couple of times at the beginning of the show. 

I loved Constance Marie. 

They definitely should have had more of a conversation about the Piers Morgan comment. It was pathetic the way they had Eve say they were "not going to go there, that's a conversation for a different day." Except we all know that they won't. I swear there was something similar that came up about black skin color being different shades and they didn't discuss it then either. Way to protect Sharon. Because she was about to sound like Roseanne and her " I thought the bitch was white" comment. I wonder if anyone complained to CBS about her comment.

Yes, she interrupted her mid-sentence at least four times.  (Poor Sharon, I don't think she understood her accent.)  I felt sorry for the lady, but I don't know who she is!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

I loved Constance Marie. 

She didn't get the memo that when a topic is brought up the Oracle (in her mind) must always have the floor.

I had a feeling Sharon would be even more of an idiot than usual today by the way she strutted out next to Eve instead of leaning on Sheryl for support. For some reason if Sara (or Aisha and Julie when they were still hosts) is away Miss Thing really amps up the hateful comments.

45 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I found this feedback page on CBS's website. Not sure it will do anything to fill it out about Sharon but people who want to can blow off steam complaining about her on days like this.

https://audienceservices.cbs.com/feedback/feedback.htm

A lot of people will be using that.... including me. LOL. Thanks Jaded.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I had a feeling Sharon would be even more of an idiot than usual today by the way she strutted out next to Eve instead of leaning on Sheryl for support. For some reason if Sara (or Aisha and Julie when they were still hosts) is away Miss Thing really amps up the hateful comments.

Sharon needs to remember that Julie and Les are no longer there to protect her. CBS does not want more controversy.

• Love 5

Did Sharon seriously defend Les (indirectly) when discussing the Snow White/Kristen Bell piece?!?! “She’s in a coma!” WTF?!?!

I finally caught up with the show today and have to add my two cents about the whole Harry/Meghan baby announcement during Princess Eugenie’s wedding weekend. Totally tacky! I do know who Eugenie is (and her sister, Beatrice). The minute I saw Meghan walk into the church in her navy coat at the wedding, I was 99.9% certain that she was pregnant.

Also, after Sharon made the “She doesn’t look black!” comment about MM, and Eve made the comment about it being a different conversation, Eve immediately used her hands to give the international sign for “cut to break” to someone on set. It was nice to see that she was in control of the content because it made me think she’s got more pull and/or influence than Sharon.

When Shemar was being interviewed, Sharon looked SO bored. Her unprofessional demeanor is baffling. I don’t expect her to act any differently on any given day, but it’s so damn obvious with her that I can’t help but notice it. 

I don’t know why I torture myself by watching this show. 

Also, the John Stamos segment is 100% true and NOT the first time he’s stalked a woman he liked. I realize you don’t know me from Eve (no pun intended), but I have no reason to lie.

My ex-boyfriend worked with a guy (Andy) who knew Rebecca Romijn through mutual friends. Andy told us about the last time they all hung out, which was just after John & Rebecca had divorced. They were all in the car, headed to dinner and Andy was in the back seat and RR was sitting shotgun. John blew up her cell phone and left crazy ass voice mails. “Rebecca, I love you. We can work this out - you know we can! Please call me back! Don’t leave me!”

The shock in Andy’s voice isn’t anything I’ll ever forget because he is an infantry officer in the USMC and has been in combat many times. He has learned to compartmentalize awful things he has seen; nothing phases him. However, he was so floored by the level of crazy & desperation coming from John via Rebecca’s phone that he tells people about it so he isn’t the only one who knows that “Uncle Jesse” is a psycho. 

(RR’s phone was on speaker mode because she wanted her friends to hear John. In the event she needed a restraining order, she’d have had some witnesses. She ended up turning her phone off because he wouldn’t stop calling her.)

Edited by Bridget
Spelling is always important.
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That might be why she looked uncomfortable. She might have felt as though she was betraying her former co-hosts. 

Lisa hasn't been a regular host in over 15 years and this isn't the first time she's guest hosted on this show. I doubt The View hosts care. Why would they?

7 minutes ago, Bridget said:

Did Sharon seriously defend Les (indirectly) when discussing the Snow White/Kristen Bell piece?!?! “She’s in a coma!” WTF?!?!

As much as I despise that witch, I did agree with her on that topic. Snow White is a fairy tale and even putting that to one side, how could the Prince ask for consent when Snow White was in a coma? The only way she'd awaken was with a kiss. Now the original version of Sleeping Beauty is what's fucked up:  https://www.ranker.com/list/details-from-the-original-sleeping-beauty/genevieve-carlton.

I liked Ricki Lake. I wouldn't want her to for Julie's seat, but I wouldn't mind seeing her guest host again.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

Lisa hasn't been a regular host in over 15 years and this isn't the first time she's guest hosted on this show. I doubt The View hosts care. Why would they?

As much as I despise that witch, I did agree with her on that topic. Snow White is a fairy tale and even putting that to one side, how could the Prince ask for consent when Snow White was in a coma? The only way she'd awaken was with a kiss. Now the original version of Sleeping Beauty is what's fucked up:  https://www.ranker.com/list/details-from-the-original-sleeping-beauty/genevieve-carlton.

I liked Ricki Lake. I wouldn't want her to for Julie's seat, but I wouldn't mind seeing her guest host again.

I agree with you that the fairy tale shouldn’t be altered, 100 percent.

It was the outrage in Sharon’s shril voice that made it seem as if she was defending Les without saying his name. Maybe it was support for Julie, but I doubt it. Sharon knows Les’ buddies are still at CBS and her job is in their hands. She is probably kissing their arses now since Julie isn’t around to protect her job.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Bridget said:

When Shemar was being interviewed, Sharon looked SO bored. Her unprofessional demeanor is baffling. I don’t expect her to act any differently on any given day, but it’s so damn obvious with her that I can’t help but notice it. 

Shemar Moore is so over the top. I find him annoying. I am very happy for his success. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Shemar Moore is so over the top. I find him annoying. I am very happy for his success. 

I agree with you. He is SO extra all of the time, but he is still so pretty. When he walked out and did that turn-around-strut-walk thing, I was already over him.

I liked him a lot on Criminal Minds, but S.W.A.T. isn’t even in the same league as CM. It’s decent enough for background noise when you need to clean out a closet or do laundry.

• Love 5

I wonder what Julie would have said on the Snow White topic. This summer, on Big Brother, there was a gay male contestant that kissed (a peck) a heterosexual male contestant while he was sleeping. Twitter fans were up in arms over the incident and wanted him to be cut from the show. He remained on the show, but was reprimanded by TPTB.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I wonder what Julie would have said on the Snow White topic. This summer, on Big Brother, there was a gay male contestant that kissed (a peck) a heterosexual male contestant while he was sleeping. Twitter fans were up in arms over the incident and wanted him to be cut from the show. He remained on the show, but was reprimanded by TPTB.

If I'm remembering correctly he also pretended to use an ice cream scooper on a female houseguest's vagina. Sounds like a real gem...

Camila Alves did a better job at hosting than I thought she would. I didn't know much about her and thought she'd be the "say a word or two during every story", but she was good.

I've noticed that whenever Chi-Lan Leui comes on for the product segments Sharon always calls her "Chi Chi" (I guess she's got To Wong Foo on the brain). This woman has been doing the product segments for years so you'd think Sharon would at least know her first name.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

If I'm remembering correctly he also pretended to use an ice cream scooper on a female houseguest's vagina. Sounds like a real gem...

Camila Alves did a better job at hosting than I thought she would. I didn't know much about her and thought she'd be the "say a word or two during every story", but she was good.

I've noticed that whenever Chi-Lan Leui comes on for the product segments Sharon always calls her "Chi Chi" (I guess she's got To Wong Foo on the brain). This woman has been doing the product segments for years so you'd think Sharon would at least know her first name.

I was really impressed as well. I’d never even heard her speak before today.

She’s got a brain and a sense of humor. I like that she talked about healthy eating without being super preachy about it. Regina Hall joking about Matthew being her crush & Camila’s reaction was funny - I actually laughed out loud at that bit. 

No need to search anymore for a new panel member. Camila for the win.

• Love 3

oh bull shit, nicole kidman, you are most likely under a gag order and that is why you wont' talk about tom cruise, how he took your kids and scientology in general. 

and yes, ms. roberts you are getting up there. i don't know why, like oprah, you are held above everyone else and the ass kissing is obscene. you are a home wrecker and out of touch.

Edited by msrachelj
add
  • Love 2

Danny Moder was married to Vera Steinberg, a make up artist....I believe Julia met Danny on the set of The Mexican and they began an affair.

She allegedly offered $$ to Vera to leave Danny but when Vera refused, she took to wearing a shirt that had 'A Low Vera' emblazoned on it.

Haven't liked her since.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Danny Moder was married to Vera Steinberg, a make up artist....I believe Julia met Danny on the set of The Mexican and they began an affair.

She allegedly offered $$ to Vera to leave Danny but when Vera refused, she took to wearing a shirt that had 'A Low Vera' emblazoned on it.

Haven't liked her since.

yes, this story is very sordid as is the most lovely, lovable, america's sweetheart, the big con... julia.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I can't believe that a doctor told Kathryn Schwarzenegger to take 16 Advils. Shouldn't she be dead? 

I don't know, but every time she spoke I thought "she's dating Chris Pratt. IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!!!" ;)

I don't know about Friday's show, but tomorrow Brenda Song (used to be on a Disney show) is the guest co-host and Wednesday and Thursday.... MEREDITH VIEIRA! I've missed seeing her regularly on TV since her talk show got canceled. If TPTB had any sense they'd just let her moderate. The woman kinda knows how it's done.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I can't believe that a doctor told Kathryn Schwarzenegger to take 16 Advils. Shouldn't she be dead? 

I don’t know about dead but they can cause stomach problems (pain) when taken in large amounts. They can also interfere with bleeding times so that might have contributed to her symptoms. Sounds like a cop out on the Drs part. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is a rumor going around that Eve is 3 months pregnant. If it is true, then, I am so happy for her.  I will be looking for a baby bump..

She probably is. A couple of days ago, Sara made a comment directed at Eve that made me think, "is she pregnant or what." Can't remember what the comment was, though. Darn it! 

21 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Really? It won't kill you?! Sounds like an awful lot of Advil, but then again, I'm very wary about pills.  I actually googled it. Apparently KS is not the first to take 16 Advil, but commenters online were like "you better get to an ER now!"

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is a rumor going around that Eve is 3 months pregnant. If it is true, then, I am so happy for her.  I will be looking for a baby bump..

Congrats to her and the fam if she's expecting! Eve said her husband splits his time between the States and the UK and her stepkids live in England so I don't know how they'll work things out if there's a new baby on the way.

@Apprentice79, did Brenda Song remind you of Jeannie from The Real? I remember Jeannie saying she's been mistaken for Brenda in the past and while they may not look exactly alike, they definitely sound alike.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Congrats to her and the fam if she's expecting! Eve said her husband splits his time between the States and the UK and her stepkids live in England so I don't know how they'll work things out if there's a new baby on the way.

@Apprentice79, did Brenda Song remind you of Jeannie from The Real? I remember Jeannie saying she's been mistaken for Brenda in the past and while they may not look exactly alike, they definitely sound alike.

Yes, she did. She reminded me of somebody but I could not put my finger on it..

• Love 1

I'm watching yesterday's show and I'm at the point where they're talking about the lady who sends out exit polls after breaking up with someone. This topic and the one earlier on the show about the list for relationships another woman made that was discussed earlier are things that were brought up on The View a couple months ago or more. I kept thinking I had seen both on a different show quite awhile ago then it hit me which one it was. It made me wonder if they had trouble finding fluff topics for this episode. I haven't watched in a few weeks because I needed a break from Sharon. 

• Love 4
On 10/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Blissfool said:

Really? It won't kill you?! Sounds like an awful lot of Advil, but then again, I'm very wary about pills.  I actually googled it. Apparently KS is not the first to take 16 Advil, but commenters online were like "you better get to an ER now!"

She said the doctor told her to take 16 Advil, but I don't recall her saying she actually followed his advice.  In any event that seems rather extreme.  

Meredith

Loved her on today.  She's was the best moderator on The View.  She's always great.  

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Loved her on today.  She's was the best moderator on The View.  She's always great.  

Right? I'd love an entire week of her, but I'll take gladly take two shows with her. CBS, get a clue and hire a mod like Meredith!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Meredith & her ailing husband are firmly ensconced in New Jersey (?)!!!

Sadly, I believe your point is correct and she will not be able to do the show in CA. UNLESS...her husband wants to move to the warmer weather of CA for health reasons. It would be a big change for them, but aren’t they empty nesters now? Sometimes dreams come true...

I wish...I wish...I’ll settle for a darn good moderator. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sadly, I believe your point is correct and she will not be able to do the show in CA. UNLESS...her husband wants to move to the warmer weather of CA for health reasons. It would be a big change for them, but aren’t they empty nesters now? Sometimes dreams come true...

I wish...I wish...I’ll settle for a darn good moderator. 

I loved Meredith too, but, she is  really an East coast gal. I also thinks she likes not being committed long-term to a show.  I don't know if you guys noticed how Sharon seemed intimidated and rattled by her presence. Sharon has a problem with intelligent strong capable women. For that alone, I would want Meredith to be the moderator. I know it is a pipe dream, but, hope springs eternal. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Meredith too, but, she is  really an East coast gal. I also thinks she likes not being committed long-term to a show.  I don't know if you guys noticed how Sharon seemed intimidated and rattled by her presence. Sharon has a problem with intelligent strong capable women. For that alone, I would want Meredith to be the moderator. I know it is a pipe dream, but, hope springs eternal. 

I noticed that too and loved it! Especially today when Mere was sitting next to Sharon today. The thing I always enjoyed about Meredith's moderating was that her tone was more conversational than the normal "reading from the prompter" mode and she allowed everybody to share their opinions. Her story about her late father-in-law's ashes flying in her face had me cracking up and it was sweet how she comforted Sheryl when Sheryl spoke about her husband's suicide attempt. I wish she'd be back tomorrow, but Salt-N-Pepa are the fill-ins tomorrow.

Although everybody laughed, Sharon's bullying story wasn't funny. It was nasty and inappropriate. Like most of her stories.

• Love 10

Meredith mentioned today that her family has a place on "The Cape" & I know that's a big root.  (My sister & her husband have a place there & her four kids, their families & friends are there on the regular.  She's in her early-eighties & fighting to keep the place, but the upkeep is really hard on her & her family.)  Just sayin'.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meredith mentioned today that her family has a place on "The Cape" & I know that's a big root.  (My sister & her husband have a place there & her four kids, their families & friends are there on the regular.  She's in her early-eighties & fighting to keep the place, but the upkeep is really hard on her & her family.)  Just sayin'.

Someone I worked with also had a family home on Cape Cod and she often saw Meredith out and about and said she was nice and down to earth.

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I think Sharon is also intimidated by true class--that which Meredith has in tons.  No B.S., just decent, kind, and hella-smart.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Thoughts about Soledad today? I thought she was ok, but she's not on my list as a candidate for Julie's replacement.

I agree. She is not a good fit for this type of show.  Soledad was awesome on CNN and she is awesome on HBO real sports.

I think that Sara is good as a moderator. I actually like Eve better and even Sheryl.  Sharon is just dreadful..

• Love 5

I don't even mind the rotation as long as they leave Sharon out of it. She takes too long to get to the damn point. And I don't care for her ass so there's that. 

In general I think they are doing pretty well without JC. Loved Meredith. I like Soledad but just not in this particular show. I don't think it's enough to keep her interested in sticking around. The guests have been pretty good too.   

• Love 8

I'm a teacher dreading going in to school tomorrow. It will be a day of kids in costumes, costume parades, classroom parties, not to mention the candy, candy, candy, which then brings forth the hyperactivity. Then I get to go home and do the same with my OWN kids. THEN I have to go back to work the next day. So, yes, we were discussing this topic in the teacher's lounge today and we all wished Halloween was always on the last Friday of the month. For me, that would be ideal. Not on a Sunday, Sara!

• Love 6