Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Agreed. She said she was in shock when the uncle showed up since she'd avoided him ever since the abuse stopped, but as soon as he left she put her foot down and let her dad know what's what. She credits her dad for teaching her about hard work and taking care of her money and said he's the most honorable man she knows, but more than a few of his actions show he doesn't think she's an honorable woman between that stunt and talking to Kitty Kelly when she wrote that little "tell-all" (that didn't tell much of anything) that came and went. It's great that Oprah found the half-sister she didn't know she had. Finally a family member that isn't begging for money and vengefully talking to the rags if she doesn't.

TPTB, I know today was a taped show but from now you'd better make sure Sharon doesn't "moderate" the next time Julie's gone. Sheryl should do it next.

Oprah talked about this incident, when Monique's family was on her show, who were angry, with Monique, for kicking her brother, out of her life for good and going public with the abuse. Monique, the comedian, was molested by her brother, for years, as a child. One day, as a teen, she could not take it anymore and told her parents. Her parents threw him out for a week. He came back into the house and Monique was shocked and said nothing. So, to keep the peace, she interacted with her brother, for years, like nothing ever happened. Until, her twins, were born with her current husband, her brother came to the hospital and held one of them and something clicked in her mind and she called her brother hours later, telling him, to never come near her and her family ever again. Her family was very upset with her for doing that, she also cut her parents out of her life, for not doing anything about her sexual abuse. Oprah told them that sometimes a person who is being abused will sometimes protect their abusers, fearing that they will suffer for revealing this secret and bringing chaos into the family unit.  She did the same thing with her uncles, it was two of them, she cooked for them, served them and interacted with them, like nothing happened.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Tichina took over the show today. She was interrupting people, dominating the conversation, mugging for the camera and interacting with the studio audience. I liked her, but, I don't think that Sharon cared too much for her.  Just for that reason alone, I want her to make frequent visits to the show, as a guest-co-host. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I actually loved Tichina Arnold today. She was brutally honest, funny & articulate. I'd prefer her over Sheryl or Eve. I tried to give Eve a chance but she just isn't cutting it. Her responses are always the same. And I am tired of Julie always helping her complete her thoughts. Plus, the chemistry among the ladies just isn't there. Yeah, Mrs. O is obnoxious but she will never be fired. And , yes, they need to stop letting Mrs O. moderate. She is awful. Let Sara do it. The woman is an actress and producer of the show. It wouldn't be a problem. Sara does need to share more of her personal experiences when discussing topics. She's tends to be too guarded. I do think if she wasn't the co creator and producer, CBS would have fired her long ago.  And everytime they talk about plastic surgery she makes jokes about Mrs. O. When we can all see she has had at least TWO nose jobs.

Edited by rags
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, rags said:

I actually loved Tichina Arnold today. She was brutally honest, funny & articulate. I'd prefer her over Sheryl or Eve. I tried to give Eve a chance but she just isn't cutting it. Her responses are always the same. And I am tired of Julie always helping her complete her thoughts. Plus, the chemistry among the ladies just isn't there. Yeah, Mrs. O is obnoxious but she will never be fired. And , yes, they need to stop letting Mrs O. moderate. She is awful. Let Sara do it. The woman is an actress and producer of the show. It wouldn't be a problem. Sara does need to share more of her personal experiences when discussing topics. She's tends to be too guarded. I do think if she wasn't the co creator and producer, CBS would have fired her long ago.  And everytime they talk about plastic surgery she makes jokes about Mrs. O. When we can all see she has had at least TWO nose jobs.

I loved Tichina, but, I thought she needed to hold back a bit, she was guest hosting. She was a bit too dominant.  Had she been a regular host, I would not have minded at all. I do think that her honesty made people uncomfortable on the panel. 

I like Eve, she brings something different. I think that the show did not want another Aisha, so, they went with Eve, instead of Garcelle. I thought Garcelle was divine.  I personally think that she would have gotten along with everybody, including, Mrs. O.  Garcelle, humiliating, her cheating ex, was something that Mrs. O would appreciate...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rags said:

And everytime they talk about plastic surgery she makes jokes about Mrs. O. When we can all see she has had at least TWO nose jobs.

You're right. Sara always gets her digs in on Mrs O.

And the nose jobs....haha, yes! I had forgotten about that. I'm surprised Sharon hasn't mentioned that.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Tichina took over the show today. She was interrupting people, dominating the conversation, mugging for the camera and interacting with the studio audience. I liked her, but, I don't think that Sharon cared too much for her.  Just for that reason alone, I want her to make frequent visits to the show, as a guest-co-host. 

Lol! I noticed Sharon's looks when Tichina spoke. Tichina was like "I'm just a guest host. I don't have to kiss nobody's ass and I'll say what I want!" She's a lot like the character she played on Daytime Divas (which should've never been canceled, but I digress). 

• Love 7

sigh, i wish the talk would talk about less frivolous crap. stop stop stop giving air time to anything kardashian. dear god they are a bunch of fame whores and nothing else who are contributing to the downfall of intelligence. 

brittany spears always did and still does sound like a moron and what's with the baby voice? puke.  

no justin beiber ( are the demographics on this show geared to people who care about justin brieber and the like? i think not)

no disgusting rappers, no air brained women , and men, celebs

i'm all for some good gossip. but the topics on this show are brain numbing. it's getting embarrassing to watch.

it does not have to be mostly political like the view but i am beginning to think i need to remove this from my dvr. 

with all the serious issues with our country right now, this show feels so wrong.

why is sharon on this show? she is so trashy and can't even read without sounding like a illiterate person. 

• Love 7

In general I like this show better than "The Other" except for maybe last Friday. Cuz explosion! I need a lil lightness after the harpy.  Conditions are subject to change I haven't looked at this week yet.

Sheryl looks so amazing I stopped and took a photo. She can make me cry before she even talks.  I'm all in except for Sharon.

About the Eve/ Oprah/everyone sexual assault...I had a That Uncle. I told. My mother never did a damn thing. She called this year to tell me he died. I said GOOD. CLICK. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

In general I like this show better than "The Other" except for maybe last Friday. Cuz explosion! I need a lil lightness after the harpy.  Conditions are subject to change I haven't looked at this week yet.

Sheryl looks so amazing I stopped and took a photo. She can make me cry before she even talks.  I'm all in except for Sharon.

About the Eve/ Oprah/everyone sexual assault...I had a That Uncle. I told. My mother never did a damn thing. She called this year to tell me he died. I said GOOD. CLICK. 

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Fairy. *hug* Hopefully he's gone to a very, very hot place for all of eternity...

• Love 8
On July 21, 2018 at 6:23 AM, msrachelj said:

i would not have known that was rosanna arquette ! what has she, like too many others, done to her face?! and was she drunk or on drugs. holy shit. what a mess. 

I just got around to watching Friday's show and noticed Rosanna seemed kind of off. Maybe nerves? A lot of actors are more comfortable playing a character than being interviewed as themselves.

Um, whoever is providing Sharon's meds needs to up the dosage. Hell, tranquilize her. 

• Love 4
(edited)

WHY does Sharon play with her hair every two minutes? SO DAMN DISTRACTING. It's major pet peeve of mine in general, but I notice she does it. A lot. She just had her hair done by professionals. Leave it the hell alone, especially when you're sitting next to Sara, the supreme professional, who has a head full of curly hair. 

Also, I don't have a specific example as of this posting, but has anyone else noticed that Julie messes up/stumbles over her words A LOT when she's speaking? This is her damn job. Do some tongue twisters before you film. It's really not a good look for the show or her. She doesn't screw up in a Sharon-type way, but in nearly every episode, she stumbles over something! It's either a name or a phrase when she's reading from the cue cards. She doesn't seem to stumble over her words when the ladies are talking informally, but It's especially noticeable when she repeats herself while she's introducing a topic.

She also drives me nuts using the word "like" and "um" constantly. I know Eve and Sara both use "like" a lot too, and as much as I love them, I still find it annoying.

Today, during the junk food conversation, Julie said: "But it's tough when they go to school and it's like, well, so and so gets a bag of, uh, um, you know, a name brand bag of, um, you know, chips that you probably wouldn't approve...." 

Then she started talking about taking Charlie to the pediatrician during the same topic. 

"...when he hears his doctor tell him this and this and this, suddenly he's like OK. It's not like a struggle, it's not a fight, but it's like, I don't know....."  "and he's like OK. I'll say, like, you know, remember what Dr. S said....and then he's like, OK." 

It can hard to be concise and coherent during a timed segment, but these ladies are told about the topics ahead of time (if my understanding of how the show is produced is correct). I don't want to hear a cut/paste answer, but if you know you struggle with off the cuff answers, have a few ideas about what to say and HOW to say it! Do they watch the show at all? If I heard myself say "like" six times in one damn sentence, I would be mortified. 

I'm a teacher and I work my butt off to break my students of their use of "like." I also do a fair amount of talking at work, way more than Julie, and I still don't screw up as much she does. Sometimes a "like" will slip out and I will outright say "I shouldn't say like! I meant to say _______."  I also stumble across words/phrases here or there, but that's because I'm speaking too fast and I need to slow down. I don't know if it's her ever-so-slight NY accent creeping in or the way her teeth are shaped, but it's gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch the show when she's on. 

I will be sure to take a screen shot the next time I notice it. It's so damn annoying. 

You know who wasn't annoying today? That FINE dentist who filmed himself doing the Filling Challenge. Sheryl for the win: "I will knock out my own teeth to go see him!" 

I need to go walk my dog, watch that fine dentist dance, read a book or do ANYTHING ELSE right now other than transcribe what Julie said today, I know. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Julie’s husband is the big kahuna.

I know she's married to Les, but if it were me, I would want to work harder to come off more eloquent, especially when you KNOW everyone is probably thinking about the nepotism involved. I'd by hyper aware of any slips ups and want to come off as being deserving of having the job, no matter who I married.

Rubber baby, buggy bumpers

:)

PS: She slipped up today when introducing the MTV/Jenelle segment.

"...in this clip from MT, (pause), from the MTV reality show." 

I know it's a tiny error, but this is an example of what I am referring to when I mention JC screws up a lot.

• Love 3

Now that you mention it, yes, I have noticed that Julie stumbles over her words often. I guess it hadn't bothered me because I watch The View and Julie is the epitome of eloquence if you compare her to Whoopi's moderator skills. 

• Love 10

A few weeks ago, I had mentioned my theory that the Daily Talker is someone that The Talk producers just pull in from the CBS lot, hand him a blue card, and shoo him onto the stage (ok, maybe not  quite that impromptu, but you get the point). TODAY, Julie had to guide the guy in order to get him to tell the narrative correctly. It's not the first time she does this. The Daily Talker sometimes seems unaware of what he's supposed to be talking about.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

A few weeks ago, I had mentioned my theory that the Daily Talker is someone that The Talk producers just pull in from the CBS lot, hand him a blue card, and shoo him onto the stage (ok, maybe not  quite that impromptu, but you get the point). TODAY, Julie had to guide the guy in order to get him to tell the narrative correctly. It's not the first time she does this. The Daily Talker sometimes seems unaware of what he's supposed to be talking about.

I've noticed that ... LOL!!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Now that you mention it, yes, I have noticed that Julie stumbles over her words often. I guess it hadn't bothered me because I watch The View and Julie is the epitome of eloquence if you compare her to Whoopi's moderator skills. 

Exactly. I don't watch The View that often but when I do I make sure it's when Joy is moderating. Julie may stumble over her words sometimes but it isn't so distracting that it makes it difficult to understand what she's saying. The stilted/robotic element can come across as condescending sometimes, but that aside, she's able to do the basics of her job. And she was doing news and Big Brother before she married Les.

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Jaymes Vaughan is a regular Top Talker for the last few years. Sharon wouldn't shut up so that's why he got off track.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/17/2018 at 7:51 PM, rags said:

Sara does need to share more of her personal experiences when discussing topics. She's tends to be too guarded. I do think if she wasn't the co creator and producer, CBS would have fired her long ago.  

Today was a perfect example.  They brought up the topic of couples with great age differences.  I would have loved to hear Julie's take since her husband is 20 years her senior and Linda is 10 years older than Sara.  Neither of them spoke about their specific union.  They just gave general statements.  In terms of marriage talk I've seen Sara share way more than Julie.  I think she holds back the most when talking about personal issues.  

Edited by A.J.
grammar
  • Love 7

That was a sweet performance by Sara's daughter (her mini-me, really) today. I'd completely forgotten about the New Years Evolution deal and that Sara was the only who didn't do it.

• Love 4
On 7/25/2018 at 2:11 AM, Bridget said:

Also, I don't have a specific example as of this posting, but has anyone else noticed that Julie messes up/stumbles over her words A LOT when she's speaking? This is her damn job. Do some tongue twisters before you film. It's really not a good look for the show or her. 

Today, as Big Brother was starting, my teen says, "Let's see how many times Julie stumbles over her words today."

I was like ?

• Love 3
(edited)

Considering the present allegations of Les' sexual misconduct might be Julie's reasons for not sharing personal information during recent hot topics. No tea no shade. Well, maybe a little.

Edited by rags
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, rags said:

present allegations of Les' sexual misconduct might be Julie's reasons for not sharing personal information during recent hot topics. No tea no shade. Well, maybe a little.

Wow.  Julie might have to get a job on merit.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, rags said:

Considering the present allegations of Les' sexual misconduct might be Julie's reasons for not sharing personal information during recent hot topics. No tea no shade. Well, maybe a little.

They'll have some 'splainin' to do come Monday. I'm not saying that I believe for a fact that Les is guilty, but I do have to admit that a part of me isn't surprised to hear that there are allegations against him. Just a feeling I have.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Wow.  Julie might have to get a job on merit.

What would happen to the Talk and the ladies on the show.  

Ronan was praised on this show for his reporting. I wonder how Julie feels about him now.  

• Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

They'll have some 'splainin' to do come Monday. I'm not saying that I believe for a fact that Les is guilty, but I do have to admit that a part of me isn't surprised to hear that there are allegations against him. Just a feeling I have.

He’s 68.  He’s of the generation who thought that sort of stuff was perfectly okay.  All kinds of shenanigans 30-40 years ago.  Women either told men to take a hike or accepted the behavior as normal - guys being guys.

13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ronan was praised on this show for his reporting. I wonder how Julie feels about him now.  

Somebody else could moderate.  Sharon???

I have to say Ronan gives me the creeps, always has. Don’t know why.

Edited by WarnerCL45
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

We'll have to wait and see...

7 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

He’s 68.  He’s of the generation who thought that sort of stuff was perfectly okay.  All kinds of shenanigans 30-40 years ago.  Women either told men to take a hike or accepted the behavior as normal - guys being guys.

I have to say Ronan gives me the creeps, always has. Don’t know why.

True.

As for Ronan being creepy, he's always reminded me of a puppet. Something about his mouth.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I'll have to check if they are coming back with new episodes next week. Even if they are new they could have been pre-taped. I thought this was The View's last week and that their Summer break stared next week but it looks like next week is their last with live shows according to the site for tickets. I just checked The Talk's ticket site which seems to be the same company as The View's and next week seems to be the last week for their live shows too.

It will be interesting to see what Julie says, if she says anything and if she's even going to be there. 

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

If Julie were to leave with her husband. I think that Sharon would leave as well. I think that Les is protecting her for some bizarre reason. 

• Love 6

Ok, Julie. That’s your opinion of the man you had an affair with while he was still married. He’s given you two shows (that I know of). Both of these shows are just nonsense and “Big Brother” is absolute trash. You can call yourself a “journalist” all you want but it doesn’t make you a respected, reliable, long term reporter. I watched the beginnings of a couple of “The Talk” shows and you acted like every word out of your mouth was a pearl of wisdom. And how many times did you ask your audience if they’d forgive their parterners if they cheated on them? Ask Leslie’s ex-wife if she’s forgiven that cheater. He made over 69M dollars last year. You sold your soul to the devil, honey. 

• Love 13
On 7/24/2018 at 12:29 AM, rmcrae said:

I just got around to watching Friday's show and noticed Rosanna seemed kind of off. Maybe nerves? A lot of actors are more comfortable playing a character than being interviewed as themselves.

Um, whoever is providing Sharon's meds needs to up the dosage. Hell, tranquilize her. 

Ya know I didn't think about it much but I just saw here on WWHL on Bravo and her appearance jarred me but then again Andy serves liquor.

Say WHAT now.....Les has women coming for him for sexual assault ?! Fuck! Can't anyone keep their hands to theirselves ? Off to watch the shows I've missed.  

• Love 5
On 7/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, Blissfool said:

I don't watch The View, but from what I've heard/read or even from some of the clips I've seen, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

PS: Your teen is officially the most observant person I've heard of in a very long time! Kudos to them! If they were one of my students, I'm sure they'd be my favorite!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Julie were to leave with her husband. I think that Sharon would leave as well. I think that Les is protecting her for some bizarre reason. 

If Les ends up being fired and Julie goes with him I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon took a page out of her daughter's book and badmouthed the both of them on her way out. She'd have nothing to lose then. On the plus side, we'd be free of her.

This whole thing is a mess and just getting started.

• Love 8

Call me petty, but I hope Julie and her husband will both be out after this. Julie's always acted like she's some kind of Barbara Walters. You will never be, lady. And considering all the potshots the woman's thrown at The View the past couple of years--despite hosting a lesser-rated knockoff--I can't help thinking it couldn't have happened to a better TV personality. I wonder if The View will return the favor and give her a shoutout on Monday???

• Love 14

I wonder if they will talk about it at all. Maybe a prepared statement from Julie? I noticed they didn't even mention the Roseanne interview the following day, which ordinarily I think they would have at least brought up. It'll be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

If Les ends up being fired and Julie goes with him I wouldn't be surprised if Sharon took a page out of her daughter's book and badmouthed the both of them on her way out. She'd have nothing to lose then. On the plus side, we'd be free of her.

This whole thing is a mess and just getting started.

I read that New Yorker article and Les is disgusting.  I will never understand the need to put your hands on a person, uninvited.  Plus, the culture at CBS is just so hostile and demeaning to women.  The sad thing is that it goes on everyday in all industries around the world. This is part of the human condition. 

Ronan Farrow better hire some bodyguards. People will be gunning for him. He hinted in an interview that there is more to come. 

Sharon is loyal to nobody. So, I will expect her to say some shady things about Julie and Les. Les made $69 million last year. They will not be on the cheese line. 

9 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Call me petty, but I hope Julie and her husband will both be out after this. Julie's always acted like she's some kind of Barbara Walters. You will never be, lady. And considering all the potshots the woman's thrown at The View the past couple of years--despite hosting a lesser-rated knockoff--I can't help thinking it couldn't have happened to a better TV personality. I wonder if The View will return the favor and give her a shoutout on Monday???

I may have my issues with the View. It is my guilty pleasure, but, I always hated Julie's attitude towards the View, especially, when it comes to Barbara.  She snidely said once that Barbara should retire.  While it was true, it was not her place to say that out loud. Barbara paved the way for people like Julie.  Her head got really big when the Talk was beating the View in the ratings due to rotating co-hosts that turned viewers off.  Eventually, The View bounced back.  The View has always been very gracious to the ladies of the Talk and other talk shows that took a cue from them. 

Somewhere in LA, I think that Holly who is friends with Les' first wife is having a drink with Leah..

Poor Sarah, this has been a rough year in her career. First, it was nutty racist Roseanne and now it is that pervert Les. When it rains, it pours..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, rmcrae said:

She's not playing it that way at the moment:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/28/sharon-osbourne-tweets-support-for-leslie-moonves-and-julie-chen.html

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I may have my issues with the View. It is my guilty pleasure, but, I always hated Julie's attitude towards the View, especially, when it comes to Barbara.  She snidely said once that Barbara should retire.  While it was true, it was not her place to say that out loud. Barbara paved the way for people like Julie.  Her head got really big when the Talk was beating the View in the ratings due to rotating co-hosts that turned viewers off.  Eventually, The View bounced back.  The View has always been very gracious to the ladies of the Talk and other talk shows that took a cue from them. 

I don't agree. Although no one on The View has ever gone as low as Sharon's drunken Arsenio moment they've never been vocally supportive of The Talk or The Real (I don't know about the other ones). Both The View and The Talk are guilty of shading each other and it goes all the way back to just before The Talk started. I kept up with both shows for the first two years and remember more than a few times Barbara, Joy and Whoopi making passive aggressive comments about "that other show" and how they were trying to be them and failed and laughed about how they couldn't keep the same people after the first season. I agree that Julie reveled too much in The View falling on hard times and playing musical chairs for multiple seasons, but the petty part of me says it's fair game. You can't sit back and cackle over someone else's mistakes and once you have a tough time think the people you laughed at shouldn't say anything. Plus it also didn't help that they abandoned political topics for the lighter stuff their competitors talked about and essentially copied them in that aspect. I liked how sweet The Talk ladies were to The Real girls and initially thought it was sweet of Whoopi to send The Real flowers until she shaded them and The Talk after The View lost to them in both categories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSno1H0r1cI. Anyway, the whole feud was stupid when it started and it's stupid today. There's room for everybody, but if you have the likes of Sharon and Whoopi involved it's like crabs in a barrel.  

I think the overall moral of the story is don't get too cocky and loose at the mouth because you never know what will happen. One minute you're riding high and the next you're having to pick yourself up off the ground. That's not only in TV. It's in real everyday life too.

1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Thanks for the link. I should've known she'd pipe up before Monday. We'll see if she changes her tune as this all plays out.

• Love 7
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:57 AM, Apprentice79 said:

What's even funnier is that Sharon (rightly) knocked Whoopi for defending Bill Cosby a few years back, and now she's here defending Moonves. I guess it's different when they're your friend or your paycheck's involved. But Osbourne being a hypocrite isn't news, I guess.

The View has been very gracious to The Talk considering how nasty they've been. The most The View has done in return is laugh about their copycats and I believe Joy usually says "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," which they do have rights to being the first. Julie and Sharon have always seemed like they were trying and failing to be the Barbara and Joy of this show.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What's even funnier is that Sharon (rightly) knocked Whoopi for defending Bill Cosby a few years back, and now she's here defending Moonves. I guess it's different when they're your friend or your paycheck's involved. But Osbourne being a hypocrite isn't news, I guess.

The View has been very gracious to The Talk considering how nasty they've been. The most The View has done in return is laugh about their copycats and I believe Joy usually says "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," which they do have rights to being the first. Julie and Sharon have always seemed like they were trying and failing to be the Barbara and Joy of this show.

Sharon once said that the ladies of the View should go fuck themselves.  Everybody was shocked. The hosts were doing promotions for the new season of the Talk. Sharon had to later retract her offensive statement and apologize.  She blamed alcohol for her nastiness.  In vino, veritas. Nobody was buying what she was selling..

• Love 14
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I don't agree. Although no one on The View has ever gone as low as Sharon's drunken Arsenio moment they've never been vocally supportive of The Talk or The Real (I don't know about the other ones). Both The View and The Talk are guilty of shading each other and it goes all the way back to just before The Talk started. I kept up with both shows for the first two years and remember more than a few times Barbara, Joy and Whoopi making passive aggressive comments about "that other show" and how they were trying to be them and failed and laughed about how they couldn't keep the same people after the first season. I agree that Julie reveled too much in The View falling on hard times and playing musical chairs for multiple seasons, but the petty part of me says it's fair game. You can't sit back and cackle over someone else's mistakes and once you have a tough time think the people you laughed at shouldn't say anything. Plus it also didn't help that they abandoned political topics for the lighter stuff their competitors talked about and essentially copied them in that aspect. I liked how sweet The Talk ladies were to The Real girls and initially thought it was sweet of Whoopi to send The Real flowers until she shaded them and The Talk after The View lost to them in both categories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSno1H0r1cI. Anyway, the whole feud was stupid when it started and it's stupid today. There's room for everybody, but if you have the likes of Sharon and Whoopi involved it's like crabs in a barrel.  

I think the overall moral of the story is don't get too cocky and loose at the mouth because you never know what will happen. One minute you're riding high and the next you're having to pick yourself up off the ground. That's not only in TV. It's in real everyday life too.

Thanks for the link. I should've known she'd pipe up before Monday. We'll see if she changes her tune as this all plays out.

Funny how that's usually glossed over. Anyway is this a forum for The Talk or The View?

"Mr. CBS" and all other scum like you: absolute power corrupts absolutely. Time's up for all of you.

• Love 3

I thought it was The Talk board. Yes, it is.

Well said Julie. Acknowledged the story, stood by her previous statement and let it be known that's all she will say about it.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mikita said:

Well said Julie. Acknowledged the story, stood by her previous statement and let it be known that's all she will say about it.

I'm sure she's more then glad that this is the last week of live shows. I do wonder if CBS will make a decision about Les before this week is over.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Mikita said:

I thought it was The Talk board. Yes, it is.

That’s handling it like the professional that she is. Of course the panel is going to defer to that decision on her part not to discuss it. Her husband controls the paychecks. 

No Mrs Osborne to chime in. I wonder if that was on purpose as she surely would have had something to add or say. 

• Love 7