Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

how did i miss mayim? i think i must have erased it. damn.

anyway, yesterday with the bit about oprah: i am so sick of her spewing her rich ass b.s on everyone. i wanted to vomit listening to her "are you doing what you want, what you love , living the life of you dreams ,etc"  she needs a damn reality check. she is so over the top wealthy that she has forgotten what it is like not to be able to live your dreams the way you want, to do what you want etc etc. because many of us can't. sorry lady but it's easy when you have 50billion dollars. many of us are stuck in shit jobs just making the monthly bills and are not able to be deliriously happy. i hate you. i used to love you but have LOST TOUCH with your audience. good god woman. you are living the life of the 1%. you are putting false hope into those who are desperate. you give them fantasy stories, magical solutions.  now i am glad your show is no longer on because i would probably despise it.

and here was a chance for at least on person on the panel to voice this view. but no. the ass kissing of oprah continues. 

• Love 8
On 2018-05-12 at 9:25 AM, msrachelj said:

how did i miss mayim? i think i must have erased it. damn.

anyway, yesterday with the bit about oprah: i am so sick of her spewing her rich ass b.s on everyone. i wanted to vomit listening to her "are you doing what you want, what you love , living the life of you dreams ,etc"  she needs a damn reality check. she is so over the top wealthy that she has forgotten what it is like not to be able to live your dreams the way you want, to do what you want etc etc. because many of us can't. sorry lady but it's easy when you have 50billion dollars. many of us are stuck in shit jobs just making the monthly bills and are not able to be deliriously happy. i hate you. i used to love you but have LOST TOUCH with your audience. good god woman. you are living the life of the 1%. you are putting false hope into those who are desperate. you give them fantasy stories, magical solutions.  now i am glad your show is no longer on because i would probably despise it.

and here was a chance for at least on person on the panel to voice this view. but no. the ass kissing of oprah continues. 

Yes to comments on Oprah - so sick of her platitudes and simplistic solutions to everything.  When she was mentioned as a presidential candidate, I could not believe the support.  

• Love 7

(n) Denotes new broadcast

Monday, May 14

Actors Jane Fonda and Don Johnson discuss their new film “Book Club”; “Top Talker” executive West Coast editor Krista Smith (Vanity Fair); actress Jodie Sweetin guest co-hosts (n)

Tuesday, May 15

Actor Scott Bakula (CBS’ NCIS: NEW ORLEANS); “Top Talker” Cameron Mathison (“Entertainment Tonight”); television personality Carrie Ann Inaba and singer Carnie Wilson guest co-host (n)

Wednesday, May 16

Actor Andy Garcia discusses his new film “Book Club”; television personality Carrie Ann Inaba guest co-hosts (n)

Thursday, May 17

Actress Candice Bergen discusses his new film “Book Club” and the return of MURPHY BROWN on CBS; cooking w/ Curtis Stone; television personality Carrie Ann Inaba guest co-hosts (n)

Friday, May 18

Actress Mary Steenburgen discusses her new film “Book Club”; actress Morena Baccarin discusses her latest film “Deadpool 2”; television personality Carrie Ann Inaba guest co-hosts (n)

• Love 1

When Jane Fonda commented on Sharon's ring it took me back to the story Sharon said about Joy Behar calling another ring she had on "ostentatious". Too bad Jane wasn't being shady like Joy. ;) Please let Sharon be gone tomorrow.

Glad to see Carnie will be back and Carrie Ann is filling in the rest of the week. Hopefully someone gives Garcelle a call to come back. I miss her.

• Love 3

i wish they would trade sharon for carnie. i know the bitch probably gets people to watch just because she is so nasty but i hate her. her only redeeming quality is she likes animals.

speaking of which. i was horrified and fired up about the story where the disreputable (as they all are) exotic animal company and the asshole high school had all the poor caged stressed out animals as entertainment for the kiddies theme party. does anyone know the name of the animal abusing company?

jane and don johnson were good. hated that she praised sharon's ring and surely made her feel all gloating.

• Love 5
(edited)

It seems like some people decide to suck up to Sharon on The Talk in the same way they do to Whoopi on The View. I guess it's a way to keep them placated.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

It seems like some people decide to suck up to Sharon on The Talk in the same way they do to Whoopi on The View. I guess it's a way to keep them placated.

i'd like to see joy as the "leader" and sharon just thrown out on her tasteless ass.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Machiabelly said:

Can anyone tell me who the really young looking person on the panel is today?

Debby Ryan. She used to have a show on the Disney Channel called "Jessie".

I've heard the "Yanny or Laurel" clip at least a dozen times today on this show, Wendy and The Real and I still don't understand how anyone can listen to it and not think it's Yanny. It's there plain as day.

• Love 5
(edited)

It seems like they've been featuring jada pinkette smith's show several times a week. I wonder why. Maybe Jada's and The Talk's paths should have crossed if Jada was seeking a talk show host position. She might have been a better fit than Eve.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I still don't understand how anyone can listen to it and not think it's Yanny. It's there plain as day.

It has to do with which frequencies you hear better. If you are more in tune to higher ones you hear “yanny”. If you hear a lower frequency you hear “Laurel”.  It’s like an audio illusion (versus the common optical one). 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

It seems like they've been featuring jada pinkette smith's show several times a week. I wonder why. Maybe Jada's and The Talk's paths should have crossed if Jada was seeking a talk show host position. She might have been a better fit than Eve.

The Real and Wendy have been featuring Jada's show too since it's the talk (no lame pun intended ;) of recent social media/entertainment stories. I remember Jada being on as a guest at least once for season 1 and while I don't mind her as a guest, I will have to pass at her becoming a panelist. I am so sick of hearing about all the sex she and Will claim they have. By all means get your freak on in the bedroom, back seat and oven if it tickles your fancy. I just don't want to hear about it.

2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It has to do with which frequencies you hear better. If you are more in tune to higher ones you hear “yanny”. If you hear a lower frequency you hear “Laurel”.  It’s like an audio illusion (versus the common optical one). 

I was glad The Talk played both versions because they only played the original "yanny" version on the other two shows. That's why I couldn't understand why some people said they heard "Laurel".

Sharon still sucks as mod (shocker, I know), but she didn't get under my skin as much these past few days.

• Love 6

Monday, May 21

Actress Audra McDonald (CBS All Access series THE GOOD FIGHT); “Top Talker” entertainment journalist, television reporter and writer Elizabeth Wagmeister (Variety and “Page Six TV”) (n)

Tuesday, May 22

Actor Josh Holloway; “Top Talker” Nancy O’Dell (“Entertainment Tonight”) (n)

Wednesday, May 23

Actress Isla Fisher discusses her new book “Marge in Charge” and upcoming film; actress Shannon Woodward (n)

Thursday, May 24

Actor Kelsey Grammer discusses performing in “Beauty and the Beast in Concert” at The Hollywood Bowl (n)

Friday, May 25

Actor Taye Diggs discusses performing in “Beauty and the Beast in Concert” at The Hollywood Bowl and his upcoming film; Memorial Day cooking with chef Susan Feniger (n

• Love 3

yesterdays show where the rapper sang with the young white girl and then chastised her for singing  HIS lyrics correctly: that was a shitty thing to do to a fan. if you don't want people saying  or singing that word then stop doing it yourself. really pissed me off and confusingly i whole heartedly agreed with mrs o!!

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

yesterdays show where the rapper sang with the young white girl and then chastised her for singing  HIS lyrics correctly: that was a shitty thing to do to a fan. if you don't want people saying  or singing that word then stop doing it yourself. really pissed me off and confusingly i whole heartedly agreed with mrs o!!

I missed the show but like your point. If you want fans then don’t knock them down. It’s sounds as though it was embarrassing for her. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I missed the show but like your point. If you want fans then don’t knock them down. It’s sounds as though it was embarrassing for her. 

That word is too loaded, a White person should never say that word, in front of Black people. There may be some people who don't care, but, you will find a person who will have a problem with it. I am Black and I don't use that word.  Eminem who is a White rapper has said that he would never use that word in his songs. He understands the historical significance of that word. 

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That word is too loaded, a White person should never say that word, in front of Black people. There may be some people who don't care, but, you will find a person who will have a problem with it. I am Black and I don't use that word.  Eminem who is a White rapper has said that he would never use that word in his songs. He understands the historical significance of that word. 

Until I read your post quoted above I didn’t know which word. I thought she was just reciting lyrics. I did preface my comment with the fact that I wasn’t able to view and was unaware of the circumstances. I agree. That’s a word that doesn’t belong in anyone’s mouth regardless of race. It’s just too derogatory. I personally cringe when I hear people use it and ask them to refrain from. Couldn’t he have taken her aside after the show and explained why she shouldn’t use it in the future instead of embarrassing her? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Until I read your post quoted above I didn’t know which word. I thought she was just reciting lyrics. I did preface my comment with the fact that I wasn’t able to view and was unaware of the circumstances. I agree. That’s a word that doesn’t belong in anyone’s mouth regardless of race. It’s just too derogatory. I personally cringe when I hear people use it and ask them to refrain from. Couldn’t he have taken her aside after the show and explained why she shouldn’t use it in the future instead of embarrassing her? 

I  did not like how he did it, either.  As soon as he chose her to come on stage, he should have had  her, rap a verse that did not have that word..

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I  did not like how he did it, either.  As soon as he chose her to come on stage, he should have had  her, rap a verse that did not have that word..

True, but then there'd be no nothing to talk about. Kendrick Lamar (and/or his people) knew they were taking a gamble by inviting a white girl on stage in Alabama to sing a song where that word is used.

I'm also a black person who does not use or like the N word. Too many folks suffered and died because of that word and while I understand the "taking the sting out of the word by using it differently" theory, you still can't take the history out of it by placing an "a" instead of an "er" at the end IMO.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

True, but then there'd be no nothing to talk about. Kendrick Lamar (and/or his people) knew they were taking a gamble by inviting a white girl on stage in Alabama to sing a song where that word is used.

I'm also a black person who does not use or like the N word. Too many folks suffered and died because of that word and while I understand the "taking the sting out of the word by using it differently" theory, you still can't take the history out of it by placing an "a" instead of an "er" at the end IMO.  

Well-said. Sunny from the view, who's father comes from the deep south,  said that she hates the word because that is the last word, some people heard before being killed... It chilled me to the bone when she said that one day, in a discussion about the use of the word..

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 11:27 AM, Apprentice79 said:

then he shouldn't have set her up. and i don't listen to rap music myself but what does a white person who loves it do when singing a song where that word is part of the lyrics? i could never say it, even in lyrics so i suppose that would be a problem if i liked rap music. but what he did was wrong. or actually it sounds like he did it purposely for publicity.  i don't like hearing it said or sung by black people and certainly not by white people who look moronic when they sing in, it makes me cringe with embarrassment for my race. just my opinion.

Edited by msrachelj
add.
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I missed the first part of today's show ... did they talk about Roseanne?

I only watched the intro topics and the first topic.  It wasn't mentioned up to that point.  I won't watch the rest until later.  

• Love 1

No Roseanne talk at the start of the show but Julie just had to tell a story of a woman coming on to her. 

I don't think Sara wants to address it here since this is CBS and Roseanne was an ABC show.

• Love 4
(edited)

If they didn't mention any other current events from the past few days then these shows were probably pre-taped. They do this a lot leading into their Summer break. The pre-taping was mentioned yesterday in the thread for Sara here I think.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

If they didn't mention any other current events from the past few days then these shows were probably pre-taped. They do this a lot leading into their Summer break. The pre-taping was mentioned yesterday in the thread for Sara here I think.

I feel bad for Sarah. The reboot was her baby. It sucks, but, she should have known about Roseanne and her brand of crazy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I feel bad for Sarah. The reboot was her baby. It sucks, but, she should have known about Roseanne and her brand of crazy.

If I were Sara or any of the other cast members/crew I'd pissed as all hell at Roseanne for this shit. Now the loon is blaming Michelle Obama for getting the show cancelled. No, nutcase. YOU got the show cancelled. Now go back to your nut farm and STFU!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

No, nutcase. YOU got the show cancelled. Now go back to your nut farm and STFU!

Preach. 

What a great time for The Talk to be. Taped. What a missed opportunity for some potentially great ratings. I wonder who made that decision. 

• Love 7
(edited)

It is odd that the PBTB decided to go on reruns. On the morning news, Gail even said that it should be great ratings for the show.

Was it a spurt of the moment decision or was it announced all along?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I think it because of memorial day. They made a week out of it.

Plus, they had no way of knowing that Roseanne was going to lose her mind.. The ladies of the talk are probably not even in LA.  Next week should be very interesting. Sarah's tweet hinted that it was not just that stupid joke that prompted the abrupt cancellation. There were more factors. Wanda Sykes walked away before the joke was tweeted out..

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, they had no way of knowing that Roseanne was going to lose her mind..

Roseanne didn't "loose her mind" she said racist foolishness that she believes and this is not the first or the last time she's made racist comments. IMO Roseanne has always been racist but these days the racists aren't hiding behind closed doors with their thoughts. 

Back on show topic I follow Eve on Instagram and she's in St Lucia with her hubby looking like a total sun goddess ?

• Love 10

It could be just as well that they are on vacation and don’t have to address the Roseanne topic. I’m sure the subject isn’t comfortable for Sara. If the cast is hoping to repurposed onto another sitcom then silence might be their friend. 

• Love 5

I've noticed that Eve says, "it's so hard"* A LOT. Whatever the topic is...."I don't know, it's haaaard."

*not-so-subtle Michael Scott joke in there, for those of you that watched The Office.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Roseanne didn't "loose her mind" she said racist foolishness that she believes and this is not the first or the last time she's made racist comments. IMO Roseanne has always been racist but these days the racists aren't hiding behind closed doors with their thoughts. 

?

Agreed. In a way, it is better that way, we all know where we stand. 

10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, they had no way of knowing that Roseanne was going to lose her mind.. The ladies of the talk are probably not even in LA.  Next week should be very interesting. Sarah's tweet hinted that it was not just that stupid joke that prompted the abrupt cancellation. There were more factors. Wanda Sykes walked away before the joke was tweeted out..

Wait a minute, Wanda quit before the tweet?

weird timing. Any insight?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Agreed. In a way, it is better that way, we all know where we stand. 

Wait a minute, Wanda quit before the tweet?

weird timing. Any insight?

I understood the order of events happened as such:

1. racist tweet

2. wanda quit

3. ABC canceled the show

I also read that the actress that played Harris called TPTB to quit, but was told the show was already canceled. Whitney Cummings had quit before any of this week's controversy, citing conflicting work commitments.

• Love 4

Wendy Williams said on her show today that due to the controversy over Roseanne, that they were calling the co-hosts to come back to work early. Take that with a large sprinkling of salt. 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy Williams said on her show today that due to the controversy over Roseanne, that they were calling the co-hosts to come back to work early. Take that with a large sprinkling of salt. 

Wendy is so stupid and yet again running off at the mouth about something she knows nothing about. The Talk hosts have never taken the entire summer off and this hiatus was planned before Roseanne's disgusting tweet. And the nerve of her to call anyone "lazy" when this woman takes off more than any other host I've ever known and wouldn't even remember her own name if it weren't for Norman (who fortunately corrected her gaffe... while she was in the middle of screwing up another story) telling her.

While on one hand I think they should talk about it, I'd rather everyone (or most people, anyway) just ignore Roseanne's attention-seeking antics. It won't happen though.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I've noticed that Eve says, "it's so hard"* A LOT. Whatever the topic is...."I don't know, it's haaaard."

*not-so-subtle Michael Scott joke in there, for those of you that watched The Office.

"that's what she said!".. i miss the office desperately. sigh......

as for the roseanne subject: i just hope that when they are live again, next week?, sarah talks about this and does not say something like it's been talked about enough. i want to hear what she has to say on camera.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Okay, msrachelj beat me to "That's what she said!", but it bears repeating.  

19 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

When the news comes from Wendy Williams, that needs a whole truckload of salt.  The Dead Sea and Great Salt Lake combined don't have enough salt! 

With my snark in place, we'll all see what Darlene, er, Sara has to say when the show returns.  They are pre-taped this week.  Until then, we are talking about The Talk, which is not generating much talk on its own given the bigger talk going on about that other show.   Just a gentle reminder since you're such a great group of posters.  :-)  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, msrachelj said:

"that's what she said!".. i miss the office desperately. sigh......

as for the roseanne subject: i just hope that when they are live again, next week?, sarah talks about this and does not say something like it's been talked about enough. i want to hear what she has to say on camera.

I hope she doesn't cry. Every single time Sara gets emotional it makes me tear up. :(

I don't know about the rest of the week (early thanks to Jaded for posting next week's lists of guests!), but they'll have an anchor from one of the CBS affiliates as a guest host. As silly as it looks having six people sitting at a table when five (or better yet, four) will do, it's better than Julie being gone and the inept Mrs. O stumbling her way through moderating. Those damn jazz hands!

• Love 5

Throughout the week, news anchors from CBS Television Stations around the country will serve as guest co-hosts:

Monday, June 4: Kristine Johnson, News Anchor, WCBS-TV, New York

Tuesday, June 5: Jessica Dean, News Anchor, KYW-TV, Philadelphia

Wednesday, June 6: Irika Sargent, News Anchor, WBBM-TV, Chicago

Thursday, June 7: Chris Wragge, News Anchor, WCBS-TV, New York

Friday, June 8: Pat Harvey, News Anchor, KCBS-TV, Los Angeles

Upcoming Guests

Monday, June 4
Actress Lucy Liu (CBS’ ELEMENTARY) discusses her new film; “Top Talker”actor Don Diamont (CBS’ BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL) discusses his new book, My Seven Sons and How We Raised Each Other; news anchor Kristine Johnson of WCBS-TV, New York guest co-hosts (n)

Tuesday, June 5

Singer Meghan Trainor; news anchor Jessica Dean of KYW-TV, Philadelphia guest co-hosts (n)

Wednesday, June 6
Television host and model Tyra Banks; “Top Talker” radio personality Ellen K; news anchor Irika Sargent of WBBM-TV, Chicago guest co-hosts (n)

Thursday, June 7
Emmy Award-winning actress and producer Lisa Kudrow; news anchor Chris Wragge of WCBS-TV, New York guest co-hosts (n)

Friday, June 8
Oscar nominee Jennifer Jason Leigh discusses her new SHOWTIME miniseries PATRICK MELROSE; news anchor Pat Harvey of KCBS-TV, Los Angeles guest co-hosts; “Summertime Santa Giveaways” continue with must-haves for Dads presented by actor Bryton James (CBS’ THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS) (n)

• Love 2

Did anyone else get the Roseanne Cast show on FRIDAY?!!!! WTF? They should have pulled that episode. Terrible airing mistake. 

I kinda am nervous for Sara to talk on live TV. If she cries....I'm done for.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Did anyone else get the Roseanne Cast show on FRIDAY?!!!! WTF? They should have pulled that episode. Terrible airing mistake. 

I kinda am nervous for Sara to talk on live TV. If she cries....I'm done for.

That's tacky! Sara better watch it with whomever is in charge of scheduling the re-runs....they obviously don't have her back. They opted for sensationalism, rather that have compassion for Sara.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

That's tacky! Sara better watch it with whomever is in charge of scheduling the re-runs....they obviously don't have her back. They opted for sensationalism, rather that have compassion for Sara.

I totally agree! I had hoped it was a mindless mistake and they chose before they left tho. Somebody should have switched that shit.

• Love 3