Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Mikita said:

I thought it was The Talk board. Yes, it is.

Well said Julie. Acknowledged the story, stood by her previous statement and let it be known that's all she will say about it.

She did what she was supposed to do as a wife. I did not expect anything less.

I do wonder what will happen if Les stays on CBS. Will the talk no longer talk about sexual harassment, #metoo, times up e.t.c

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She did what she was supposed to do as a wife. I did not expect anything less.

I do wonder what will happen if Les stays on CBS. Will the talk no longer talk about sexual harassment, #metoo, times up e.t.c

Agreed. 

If Les stays on, I don't think that those topics should be off limits. It's going to come up. I do think that people will call Julie a hypocrite for discussing other stories and not her own. But it is her private life. This is not a news show. All of them have the right not to have to discuss their private life whether it is news or not. They are not all Sharon, who likes to share everything.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s handling it like the professional that she is. Of course the panel is going to defer to that decision on her part not to discuss it. Her husband controls the paychecks. 

No Mrs Osborne to chime in. I wonder if that was on purpose as she surely would have had something to add or say. 

When Julie didn't mention the allegations in the intro I thought they were going to wimp out and sweep it under the rug, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. 

Ditto on Sharon. TPTB probably told her to take the day off whipping up another spell from her cauldron because they knew she'd say something offensive and make things worse. They've got guest co-hosts all week so hopefully that means the rest of the week will be free of her too.

8 hours ago, Mikita said:

Agreed. 

If Les stays on, I don't think that those topics should be off limits. It's going to come up. I do think that people will call Julie a hypocrite for discussing other stories and not her own. But it is her private life. This is not a news show. All of them have the right not to have to discuss their private life whether it is news or not. They are not all Sharon, who likes to share everything.

And not always the truth either.

Now that I've had an hour of listening to Ellen K's voice, I think she might be the alternate intro voice when Julie is gone. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Damn! Witchiepoo is back.

Was I the only one who thought Cheryl Tiegs was a bit... spacey? I don't know much about her so maybe she's always out of it.

yes. and also the comment she made about being on the side of the police officer who could have killed that bicyclist because he was on his phone, was maddening. what a moron. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

the comment she made about being on the side of the police officer who could have killed that bicyclist because he was on his phone, was maddening. 

I wish Sara would have been there for that one.  I don't think she would have agreed.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I wish Sara would have been there for that one.  I don't think she would have agreed.  

i'm starting to really dislike this show. you hardly ever see a real debate. in this case they were all ok with her comment and no one said anything? why? because he apologized? if it weren't a policeman they'd be arrested. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

i'm starting to really dislike this show. you hardly ever see a real debate. in this case they were all ok with her comment and no one said anything? why? because he apologized? if it weren't a policeman they'd be arrested. 

Because it's a talk show about celebrity gossip. I'm with you on someone needing to call her out on stupid comment out though.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:11 AM, Bridget said:

Also, I don't have a specific example as of this posting, but has anyone else noticed that Julie messes up/stumbles over her words A LOT when she's speaking? This is her damn job. Do some tongue twisters before you film. It's really not a good look for the show or her

YES!!!! It drives me crazy. I was trying to decide if she cant read or if she wont wear glasses. It's always when she is reading the cue cards and it's obvious and annoying. 

• Love 5

That was funny when Lindsay Wagner said she wanted to be a psychologist or psychiatrist when she was younger because she looked like she could already be one with the glasses and soft voice. Much better guest host than Cheryl Tiegs.

6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

They made need to change the name of it to Listen (yada yada yada) instead of the Talk. 

When I first read your comment I thought it said "jada jada jada" as in Jada Pinkett and it reminded me that they haven't talked about her in awhile. Lol.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

YES!!!! It drives me crazy. I was trying to decide if she cant read or if she wont wear glasses. It's always when she is reading the cue cards and it's obvious and annoying. 

i've also started noticing it too. she was a newscaster? was this after she slept with her then married to another woman husband?

• Love 4

Have guys heard that Jack Osbourne attacked his soon to be ex-wife's new boyfriend. The cops were called and neither side wished to pursue this further.

Apparently, Jack was shocked to learn that she had a boyfriend. He was under the impression that they were going to reconcile and put their family back together. Jack allegedly cheated on his wife and that was the last straw for her. Personally, I think that was an assholish move, given that, his wife has been so supportive and loving towards him after his MS diagnosis.  I hope they work it out. My gut tells me that Jack's wife is pretty much done. She was the one that filed for divorce weeks after their last daughter was born. Plus, the fact that she is dating somebody else, says a lot..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Typical daytime tv.  Really difficult to watch on a daily basis.  Just too many shows, the same topics ....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Typical daytime tv.  Really difficult to watch on a daily basis.  Just too many shows, the same topics ....

i think with the state of the country as it is and so many really important things going on, i can't watch this tripe like i used to. my finger stays on the ff'd button. such a bunch of phonies too.

2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Have guys heard that Jack Osbourne attacked his soon to be ex-wife's new boyfriend. The cops were called and neither side wished to pursue this further.

Apparently, Jack was shocked to learn that she had a boyfriend. He was under the impression that they were going to reconcile and put their family back together. Jack allegedly cheated on his wife and that was the last straw for her. Personally, I think that was an assholish move, given that, his wife has been so supportive and loving towards him after his MS diagnosis.  I hope they work it out. My gut tells me that Jack's wife is pretty much done. She was the one that filed for divorce weeks after their last daughter was born. Plus, the fact that she is dating somebody else, says a lot..

wow, i didn't know he cheated. what an asshole for sure. i think she needs to move on but i don't know squat about their relationship. too bad, didn't she just have a baby?

• Love 3

Shut the fuck up, Piers Morgan. I hated that he was trying to shame Megan Markle for her odious dad's behavior. 

I don't feel sorry for him at all. She should not let this man continue to abuse her, even if he is her father. 

I hate Piers Morgan. I did not appreciate his characterization of Megan at all. It was loaded and disgusting. 

Everybody seemed to be in agreement with him, except for Sheryl who spoke up and told him that Megan had every right to sever her ties with her father.

I don't give a damn about the Markle family. Megan is better off without them. They are toxic.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Am I the only one who is suspicious of Piers Morgan? He was on Meghan's side until her father granted his show Good Morning, Britain an exclusive 1 hour interview. Since then he's been on the father's side. 

Even if you are in the public eye - yo do have the right to some privacy. If you call your parent, the conversation doesn't need to be on the front of the newspaper the next day.

Thomas Markle has been giving exclusive interviews to the Daily Mail (Piers Morgan is the Editor-At-Large) for that newspaper. Why is Piers so invested in Meghan calling her father? Word on the street is that Thomas had a tabloid at his house on Father's Day - incase she did call, they would hear the convo.

I think the other women didn't agree with Piers based on their faces and what they've said in the past. Mrs. O is tired of talking about the subject but she doesn't think Meghan should reach out. Eve was trying to be diplomatic. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's a wrap for them. It certainly would be for me if I were in her shoes.

1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Am I the only one who is suspicious of Piers Morgan? He was on Meghan's side until her father granted his show Good Morning, Britain an exclusive 1 hour interview. Since then he's been on the father's side. 

Even if you are in the public eye - yo do have the right to some privacy. If you call your parent, the conversation doesn't need to be on the front of the newspaper the next day.

Thomas Markle has been giving exclusive interviews to the Daily Mail (Piers Morgan is the Editor-At-Large) for that newspaper. Why is Piers so invested in Meghan calling her father? Word on the street is that Thomas had a tabloid at his house on Father's Day - incase she did call, they would hear the convo.

I think the other women didn't agree with Piers based on their faces and what they've said in the past. Mrs. O is tired of talking about the subject but she doesn't think Meghan should reach out. Eve was trying to be diplomatic. 

Nope. He's a total sleaze and I hate it when he slithers his way on the show. It's completely understandable why Meghan wants nothing to do with her siblings and she's cautious with her dad and if Piers and others don't like it then tough. It doesn't affect their lives anyway.

Why was it necessary to have two guest hosts when only Sara was gone? Love seeing Carnie, but Loni Anderson was just... there.

• Love 6

Aaw, the childhood pic of Morgan Fairchild with her Iola from Mama's Family glasses was funny and adorable.

Julie's story about the asshole butcher who picked on her mom's accent and difficulty speaking English pissed me off. I hate situations like that.

I'm not completely sure, but I don't think they'll bother with pre-taped shows next week. At the end of yesterday's show Julie mentioned some of the guests coming on soon and they've all been on before. Then today's promo for next week didn't mention who would be appear on Monday. *shrugs*

• Love 4

Let's see what Julie and Sharon will say about this now. Julie should leave and take Sharon with her. With the newest graphic allegations about Les out there now and the ridiculous CBS payout he got there is nothing but contempt now. Disgusting abuse of power.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, rcc said:

Let's see what Julie and Sharon will say about this now. Julie should leave and take Sharon with her. With the newest graphic allegations about Les out there now and the ridiculous CBS payout he got there is nothing but contempt now. Disgusting abuse of power.

Agreed. I read CBS is withholding the money pending the results of the investigation. The bastard shouldn't get a dime.  

Chenbot girl, I didn't want this but you'll have to go too. And yes, please take Sharon with you.

I'm curious to see who they'll replace Julie with and when they'll do it. We shall see...

I only have the lineup for Monday through Wednesday (guests are Dr. Phil, Jamie Lee Curtis and Drew Carey) , but each day they're revealing the winner for the "Talk Table Takeover" contest. I don't remember ever hearing about this contest until now and I'm hoping it isn't used as an excuse for Julie to "call in sick". Everybody should be there.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 5

No Julie as she is "spending time with her family." Or more likely keeping her son out of school and hunkering down in the mansion while Les is vilified. When and if she responds to the disgusting accusations it will be interesting.

• Love 4

I hope Sharon is not the lead for all the shows while Julie is gone.  She is the worst and so awkward.  Well I guess they all were a bit awkward talking about it today. 

Dr Phil talking about Serena, like he is a tennis pro was so eye rolling and all the women were having trouble not punching him.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, rcc said:

No Julie as she is "spending time with her family." Or more likely keeping her son out of school and hunkering down in the mansion while Les is vilified. When and if she responds to the disgusting accusations it will be interesting.

I don't know why she would have to respond.  Other than the ratings would be through the roof.

• Love 2

Of course she doesn't HAVE to but they cover the rest of the Jerks out there. It's not her fault a dozen people have come forward because of her husband. Any way I look at this day one is gonna hard AF! 

The rest of the table handled it pretty well. 

• Love 2

Initially I was disappointed not to see Julie but now I think taking a break from the show is a better idea. She was struggling not to cry when she addressed the first round of accusations and she most likely would've been a mess today. And understandably so. 

7 hours ago, auntieminem said:

I hope Sharon is not the lead for all the shows while Julie is gone.  She is the worst and so awkward.  Well I guess they all were a bit awkward talking about it today. 

Dr Phil talking about Serena, like he is a tennis pro was so eye rolling and all the women were having trouble not punching him.

You and me both! I think Eve (who was serving Velvet Rope-era Janet Jackson with the curly hair) was supposed to be the mod today but of course Sharon had to take up the first half of the discussion with her yakking. 

Can't stand Dr. $hill. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Initially I was disappointed not to see Julie but now I think taking a break from the show is a better idea. She was struggling not to cry when she addressed the first round of accusations and she most likely would've been a mess today. And understandably so. 

You and me both! I think Eve (who was serving Velvet Rope-era Janet Jackson with the curly hair) was supposed to be the mod today but of course Sharon had to take up the first half of the discussion with her yakking. 

Can't stand Dr. $hill. 

Neither can I, but I think he explained what happened with Serena, the Umpire & the situation very well.  (I still feel sorry for Naomi!!)

• Love 4

Why on earth do they allow that idiot Sharon take the leadership role?  I swear she has the IQ of a ball of twine and she can't even read a teleprompter.  Her halting speech while reading off the prompter is awful and she couldn't even read some of the words like consensual.  She's too dumb to be the lead host.  

BTW, I read that Moonves is going to be kept on at CBS as a consultant and will continue to have an office there.  If that's really true, it just shows that CBS isn't all in with regards to treating women better.  

• Love 15

The only people I feel sorry for in the Moonves situation are his first wife, and all of his children.  Julie Chen didn't have a problem with Les running around with her when he was married to his first wife.  Sometimes when you lie down with the dogs, you wake up with the fleas.

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, readheaded said:

The only people I feel sorry for in the Moonves situation are his first wife, and all of his children.  Julie Chen didn't have a problem with Les running around with her when he was married to his first wife.  Sometimes when you lie down with the dogs, you wake up with the fleas.

Wasn't he married to the first wife around the same time many of the assaults occurred? I wonder if she suspected anything.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Neither can I, but I think he explained what happened with Serena, the Umpire & the situation very well.  (I still feel sorry for Naomi!!)

The phone rang in another room when they introduced him and I missed the segment. Did they talk about the offensive caricature of Serena?

9 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Why on earth do they allow that idiot Sharon take the leadership role?  I swear she has the IQ of a ball of twine and she can't even read a teleprompter.  Her halting speech while reading off the prompter is awful and she couldn't even read some of the words like consensual.  She's too dumb to be the lead host.  

BTW, I read that Moonves is going to be kept on at CBS as a consultant and will continue to have an office there.  If that's really true, it just shows that CBS isn't all in with regards to treating women better.  

She's a genuine moron, but plays it up a bit to seem "cute". And she fails. Every.single.time. I noticed today that each of them introduced a different topic and although I'd prefer the other three taking turns moderating, it's better than watching Sharon screw up the whole show.

I read that it was written in his contract that he can still be a consultant, but that doesn't make it any less outrageous and disgusting. I never cared about him one way or the other before, but just seeing his face since the stories broke makes me sick. Lying and denying to the end.

• Love 7

You don't need enemies when you have fake friends like Sharon. 

What's that word? Consensual. Really Sharon? I'm done with them discussing Moonves now. Move on until Julie returns. 

I used to enjoy Dr. Phil back when he was shiny and new. No longer. Please keep him off of the show.

I love Jamie Lee Curtis though.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Mikita said:

I used to enjoy Dr. Phil back when he was shiny and new.

I liked him when he would guest on Oprah.  Can't stand his show - I wonder how hard it is to find all those dysfunctional families.  

I don't get Sharon's appeal.  Do the viewers like her?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SrOfficial said:

I wonder how hard it is to find all those dysfunctional families.  

I doubt it is hard. Remember Jerry Springer and the Maury show? I’d hate to be on one of those shows and have my bla bla sensationalized. 

There’s never a shortage of people willing to be on television. Even if it costs them their dignity. I’ll never understand. 

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I doubt it is hard. Remember Jerry Springer and the Maury show? I’d hate to be on one of those shows and have my bla bla sensationalized. 

There’s never a shortage of people willing to be on television. Even if it costs them their dignity. I’ll never understand. 

Don't forget reality shows.  They also destroy people's lives. Everybody wants to be famous, just for the sake of being famous.. They use Instagram, youtube, snapchat, twitter to get fans..

• Love 6

When they posed their really stupid Question o' The Day:  Who wouldn't you want to read your memoir?  (so dumb) and Sara said she wouldn't want anyone to read her memoir because she is so private and even has trouble some days sharing stories of herself at the table, uhhh, Sara.  I get it.  I can totally relate.  I am a super private person who cringes on a daily basis when I see the things my friends and family members post on facebook.  But, and this is a big but, I'm not a friggin' talk show host!!  This job is so not her jam. 

• Love 8

I was glad to see that they discussed the Amber Guyger case in Dallas. I find the whole thing unbelievable. Botham Jean lost his life in his own home. I am with Eve. Murder. But, as always, it might be better to get her convicted on manslaughter charges. No one ever seems to want to convict a cop on murder charges. I would rather she be convicted and serve time for manslaughter versus acquitted of murder charges and serve no time at all. 

I am enjoying Jodie Sweetin. Very articulate and able to get her points across. She would make an excellent host if they end up needing a permanent one. Still would like to see Garcelle Beauvais.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, SrOfficial said:

I don't get Sharon's appeal.  Do the viewers like her?

If there are any Sharon fans, they definitely don't post here. 

8 hours ago, Mikita said:

I was glad to see that they discussed the Amber Guyger case in Dallas. I find the whole thing unbelievable. Botham Jean lost his life in his own home. I am with Eve. Murder. But, as always, it might be better to get her convicted on manslaughter charges. No one ever seems to want to convict a cop on murder charges. I would rather she be convicted and serve time for manslaughter versus acquitted of murder charges and serve no time at all. 

I am enjoying Jodie Sweetin. Very articulate and able to get her points across. She would make an excellent host if they end up needing a permanent one. Still would like to see Garcelle Beauvais.

I bet Garcelle is sitting somewhere thinking "thank the Lord they didn't hire me!" Lol.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

If there are any Sharon fans, they definitely don't post here. 

I bet Garcelle is sitting somewhere thinking "thank the Lord they didn't hire me!" Lol.

Yup, Sharon said that the Talk is not safe without the pig Les to protect it.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yup, Sharon said that the Talk is not safe without the pig Les to protect it.

And she was thinking "I'm definitely toast without the pig protecting me!" And she'd be right. 

• Love 10