Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Lol. I miss Chenbot. The show's awkward without the presence of someone who knows how to move things along before they get boring.

Aisha, I know you've gone on to bigger and better things, but we need you, girl!

I think that the ladies are still in shock, angry, sad and  unsure on how to proceed without Julie. She was the captain of their ship. They are unmoored. They left on their summer break, thinking, that they would see each other. Right before the season premiere, all hell broke loose.  Plus, they are also wondering if they will still have a job.  Sharon said it very awkwardly that people are scared. Morale must be down over at the Talk behind the scenes.  I bet that they miss Julie like hell. It would not surprise if Julie has not spoken to any of the ladies.  I would love to hear Aisha's perspective on this. Intellectually, I think Aisha was the one who held the talk together.  She elevated it with her intelligence, fairness, thoughtfulness and the ability to see other people's perspectives. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I was so shocked when Sharon said she didn't like sex that much and that Ozzy was like a rabbit. Then she said "maybe that's why he diddles other women."  I thought it, but I was so surprised to hear her say/admit it.  It was funny as all get out.  And Sheryl had herself a good ole laugh about it.  

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I'm on my phone right now and can't provide a link, but I just read that Rosie O'Donnell is guest hosting the show tomorrow with Carrie Ann. 

Interesting. I hope Sharon's out. Need a break from her.

• Love 5

I will definitely check Rosie out as I miss seeing her on TV.  There are rumors going around that she may join the show.  They also listed Lisa Ling and Ann Curry as people they are looking at.  Lisa Ling is a no.  I like her but don't think she is a good fit. I don't think she would do it either. The same goes for Ann Curry.  

Interesting. I hope Sharon's out. Need a break from her.

Unfortunately, Sara will be out tomorrow.  So Sharon will be there. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, A.J. said:

I will definitely check Rosie out as I miss seeing her on TV.  There are rumors going around that she may join the show.  They also listed Lisa Ling and Ann Curry as people they are looking at.  Lisa Ling is a no.  I like her but don't think she is a good fit. I don't think she would do it either. The same goes for Ann Curry.  

Unfortunately, Sara will be out tomorrow.  So Sharon will be there. 

I don't see Rosie joining the show, but she'd be a good mod. I don't see her and Sharon getting along for obvious reasons. I liked Lisa Ling on The View and she's guest hosted The Talk before, but she gets a no from me too. Like Aisha, she's booked to capacity anyway. Ann Curry is ok, I guess. I never watched Today so I don't know much about her personality. I read another article that said TPTB will name Julie's replacement by November. All I hope is that it's someone good who can properly steer the show and wake my ass up. Lol.

• Love 5

YMMV, but if Rosie is the new moderator, I'm gone.  Sorry, but her in-your-face style will turn the Talk into another View, a show I despise.  I stopped watching the View when it turned into nothing but people hating on each other and cackling like mad hens.  The Talk is more entertaining and the fact they don't backstab and nip at each other's heels is what keeps me watching.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

YMMV, but if Rosie is the new moderator, I'm gone.  Sorry, but her in-your-face style will turn the Talk into another View, a show I despise.  I stopped watching the View when it turned into nothing but people hating on each other and cackling like mad hens.  The Talk is more entertaining and the fact they don't backstab and nip at each other's heels is what keeps me watching.

I doubt she's joining up. But if she did, I don't see her as being that bad of a moderator. As long as she knows coming in that they focus on entertainment and gossip and are not at all political. If however, she presses for them to become more serious and discuss politics?  I would bail.  I'm here because they aren't political and most days I'm entertained. Lately I have been bored though. They could use some spicing up. 

• Love 5

what is wrong with these women?! your husband cheats on you, it is not your fault. never. he is a bastard. if  he wants another women, he should have the decency to say, look this isn't working, either we go to counseling or i'm leaving. what a bunch of stepford wives. what year is this?

and sharon. just. shut. the . fuck . up. why are they keeping her around? and carrie ann, kissing her ass! i almost barfed. you can leave now. 

i like rosie. yes, she can get very political so if she would just tone that down a bit,, i wouldn't mind her on this show. maybe she would intimidate sharon a little and that would be fun to watch!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DuckyinKy said:

I really love Rosie O'Donnell.  But I am afraid if she joins The Talk, it just won't work. She tends to be toxic. It grieves me to say that actually. 

I agree wholeheartedly with you.  I love Rosie, but, I remember Barbara Walters said that Rosie has a big hole in her heart because she lost her mom so young and that she sometimes wants people to fill in that hole that only her mother could have filled. It can be a tall order for somebody. I agree with that assessment.  It is also why she and Madonna bonded so fast years ago and are still friends. Both lost their mom to cancer as kids and had a distant father. Rosie also suffers from depression and that tends to affect her deeply. 

Rosie can be polarizing. I doubt CBS wants more controversy. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with you.  I love Rosie, but, I remember Barbara Walters said that Rosie has a big hole in her heart because she lost her mom so young and that she sometimes wants people to fill in that hole that only her mother could have filled. It can be a tall order for somebody. I agree with that assessment.  It is also why she and Madonna bonded so fast years ago and are still friends. Both lost their mom to cancer as kids and had a distant father. Rosie also suffers from depression and that tends to affect her deeply. 

Rosie can be polarizing. I doubt CBS wants more controversy. 

Thank you for elaborating, you said it perfectly. I often wonder if Rosie without knowing it, sabotages herself. I really love her as you said, but I do think she loses herself in not being able to find her "yellow." She has what we used to call blue days but Rosie gets awash in the sea sometimes, it is hard to save her because in the end, she is the only one who can save herself. It's tough because when Rosie is good, she is really really good. But she does not do well in the political climate that is today, and The Talk isn't really hard hitting journalism. Rosie will bring it down, and the cohosts will end up fighting. I hate it. Many people in Rosie's life failed her, and like you said she has a hole there.  I wish things were different for her. I love her on my screen when she is good.   

Edited by DuckyinKy
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Mikita said:

Yay Aisha! I can't wait.

I hope they let her moderate. 

I enjoyed Rosie today, but agree that this show isn't for her (if she wanted to do it). I've always admired Rosie's "say it like you mean it" attitude (even though I don't always agree with everything she says), but The Talk (wisely) steers away from politics and hot button issues and Rosie would get sick of talking about fluffy topics and it just wouldn't end well. Plus she wouldn't want to get her pressure up dealing with Sharon's shit.

Speaking of the witch, I should've known better, but I thought she'd say she "understood" that Ozzy cheated on her because he cheated with her on his first wife and a leopard never changes its spots. Silly me...

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 7

I would say Rosie O'Donnell would be great for this show considering they don't talk about heavier subjects, but Sharon Osbourne is there and we already know Osbourne was involved in the  drama with Leah Remini, Holly, Julie, etc. and regularly makes nasty digs at her co-hosts. It's the main reason I can't stand her. Rosie wouldn't take that from her, there would be arguments behind-the-scenes, and it would end up as tabloid fodder since the tabloids have always been obsessed with covering O'Donnell in a particularly negative way as it is.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Damn it! I only got a tiny bit of the show because we were preempted again. I like Rosie as a comedian and actress but a panel talk show host not so much. I'm pretty much the same with Whoopi. It's disappointing 

Whoopie is too condescending, ignorant and incoherent.  She likes to bully people who don't agree with her worldview. Whoopie will defend a celebrity no matter how reprehensible they are. Her staunch defenses of Cosby, Polanksi, Mel Gibson were really illuminating, disgusting and disheartening.

Rosie is too controlling behind the scenes, emotional and takes thing too much to heart.  Certain topics triggers a lot of her demons and they often get the best of her. It was why the split screen fight with Elizabeth was so sad. It was a conversation that should have occurred behind the scenes. 

I do think that both ladies are good actresses and Rosie is very generous with our veterans and children.  Both ladies are always promoting Broadway as a vehicle to help children and the arts. Great artists, but, not great talk show hosts, in my opinion.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Whoopie is too condescending, ignorant and incoherent.  She likes to bully people who don't agree with her worldview. Whoopie will defend a celebrity no matter how reprehensible they are. Her staunch defenses of Cosby, Polanksi, Mel Gibson were really illuminating, disgusting and disheartening.

Rosie is too controlling behind the scenes, emotional and takes thing too much to heart.  Certain topics triggers a lot of her demons and they often get the best of her. It was why the split screen fight with Elizabeth was so sad. It was a conversation that should have occurred behind the scenes. 

I do think that both ladies are good actresses and Rosie is very generous with our veterans and children.  Both ladies are always promoting Broadway as a vehicle to help children and the arts. Great artists, but, not great talk show hosts, in my opinion.  

YES! Exactly ^^^^^^^^^

• Love 4

Aisha looks so good in the moderator chair. I know that it is a pipe dream, but, she should come back.  

Sharon could not even fake being happy that Aisha was joining them today, she had a fake smile plastered on her face.

Sharon, as vile as Casey Anthony is for having killed her own daughter. We don't sterilize people against their will in this country. It would be a dangerous thing for the government to decide who is allowed to have children or not. Aisha gave the camera a look after Sharon made her asinine comments.

I miss Julie.  However, today highlighted why she could not stay on the show. That discussion about Louis C.K could not have happened, if she was sitting at the table. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Aisha looks so good in the moderator chair. I know that it is a pipe dream, but, she should come back.  

Sharon could not even fake being happy that Aisha was joining them today, she had a fake smile plastered on her face.

Sharon, as vile as Casey Anthony is for having killed her own daughter. We don't sterilize people in this country, it would be a dangerous thing for the government to decide who is allowed to have children or not. Aisha gave the camera a look after Sharon made her asinine comments.

I miss Julie.  However, today highlighted why she could not stay on the show. That discussion about Louis C.K could not have happened, if she was sitting at the table. 

Aisha is my pipe dream for moderator as well. She just comes by it naturally. 

When she asked the question and Sharon said (paraphrased) What...you want me to answer that first? You’re right. She really didn’t want to participate. I also agree that her comment on sterilization was inappropriate. I’m not on Casey Anthony’s side but I don’t think the government has the right to choose whether or not she is allowed to reproduce. 

On days like today I’m so happy that I turned in. I’m just loving the vibe of Aisha. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

That did seem to be the case.  

I miss Julie. 

Me too.  That's why I'd love to have another journalist or someone who has those skills as the new addition.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sharon, as vile as Casey Anthony is for having killed her own daughter. We don't sterilize people against their will in this country. It would be a dangerous thing for the government to decide who is allowed to have children or not. Aisha gave the camera a look after Sharon made her asinine comments.

Same here. I wish she'd moderated the entire show, but just having her back for an entire show was good enough. And even in her ugly "prom dress" she looked 1,000x times better than the Mrs. and whatever frumpy mess she was wearing. Seriously, who dresses that woman? Mr. Magoo?

38 minutes ago, A.J. said:

That did seem to be the case.  

Me too.  That's why I'd love to have another journalist or someone who has those skills as the new addition.  

Agreed. I hope TPTB are taking that into consideration when looking at possible candidates. I don't know if anyone else remembers her, but I think Ananda Lewis would be a great mod. She had her own talk show that premiered the day before 9/11 and was canceled after one season. She'd be a natural imo.

• Love 2

Today was the first time I’d seen the show with Aisha and I was stunned at how amazing she was. The audience even continued to clap & cheer for her much longer than the usual intro - they were cheering for us!

Did anyone else catch Sharon totally look down/away from Aisha when she was welcomed back by the ladies once the audience stopped cheering? It was so blatantly obvious that they don’t get along (which I knew about thanks to this thread)  and it made Sharon totally uncomfortable, which I LOVED. Sadly, it speaks volumes about her character (what little bit she has) by practically pouting bc Aisha is more popular than her. 

This show would be 292945 times better if Aisha was brought back. I’m kind of glad I never watched when she was on because then I’d really know what I was missing & be irritated more than usual with Sharon and her inability to pronounce a single word.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

Today was the first time I’d seen the show with Aisha and I was stunned at how amazing she was. The audience even continued to clap & cheer for her much longer than the usual intro - they were cheering for us!

Did anyone else catch Sharon totally look down/away from Aisha when she was welcomed back by the ladies once the audience stopped cheering? It was so blatantly obvious that they don’t get along (which I knew about thanks to this thread)  and it made Sharon totally uncomfortable, which I LOVED. Sadly, it speaks volumes about her character (what little bit she has) by practically pouting bc Aisha is more popular than her. 

This show would be 292945 times better if Aisha was brought back. I’m kind of glad I never watched when she was on because then I’d really know what I was missing & be irritated more than usual with Sharon and her inability to pronounce a single word.

Plus, Aisha had Julie solidly in her corner. Sharon could not make any moves against her like she did with Holly and Leah.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, junebug said:

I think Sharon is trying to dress like Whoopi  What's with those long things she wears.

Or a sloppy student at Hogwarts. She looked much better when she stole Suze Orman's power suits.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, junebug said:

I think Sharon is trying to dress like Whoopi  What's with those long things she wears.

C'mon, no one dresses that badly.  LOL!  However Whoopi has not been as bad as she was back in the day.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, A.J. said:

C'mon, no one dresses that badly.  LOL!  However Whoopi has not been as bad as she was back in the day.  

Whoopie used to look like she rolled out of her bed and got in her limo that took her to the studio..

• Love 6

WARNING: Tomorrow's show is all about Sharon and her birthday and Kelly and Jack are the guest hosts. Have your barf bags ready, people!

I loved Sandra Lee's interview today. Ms. Wendy, while you were hate watching, I hope you picked up some tips on how to properly interview your guests and treat them with respect....

• Love 3

Asking Sharon Osbourne of all people if she has ever worked with a bully is too rich beyond words.  I mean, really.  pffft

And Kelly?  I rarely, if ever, see you anymore, because you don't seem to ever be on my tv much other than when you are on this show courtesy of your Mom the Bully, but whenever I do happen to see you, you are ALWAYS talking about how much you don't give a hoot about your weight and screw you to the people who talk about it because you don't care, blah, blah.  The lady doth protest too much, methinks because you are always talking about it!  See you in another year when it's your Mom's B-day again.  If she is still around sans Julie and Leslie. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Asking Sharon Osbourne of all people if she has ever worked with a bully is too rich beyond words.  I mean, really.  pffft

And Kelly?  I rarely, if ever, see you anymore, because you don't seem to ever be on my tv much other than when you are on this show courtesy of your Mom the Bully, but whenever I do happen to see you, you are ALWAYS talking about how much you don't give a hoot about your weight and screw you to the people who talk about it because you don't care, blah, blah.  The lady doth protest too much, methinks because you are always talking about it!  See you in another year when it's your Mom's B-day again.  If she is still around sans Julie and Leslie. 

Sharon once again made a comment about Leah without mentioning her name.  She has some nerve calling her a bully. She still hates Leah Reminy.  After all this time, she cannot let go of her animosity..

• Love 10
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

Sharon once again made a comment about Leah without mentioning her name.  She has some nerve calling her a bully. She still hates Leah Reminy.  After all this time, she cannot let go of her animosity..

That's exactly who I thought she was talking about, too. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think everyone knows she was talking about Leah. Then she had the nerve to ask Sara to name names when she's obviously too scared to name her "bully". She's full of what she threw over that fence.

Edited by Mikita
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Mikita said:

I was bored again.

And a bit nauseous with the Sharon ass kissing.

Sharon probably has Leah's chapter about The Talk memorized since she's accusing Leah of the very behavior she's guilty of. Sharon's gotten away with murder for years, but karma will snatch her up. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I half expected her to say that she was the bully at one point and time.  No such luck I see.  Sharon gets a lot of hate (and much is probably deserved for her legendary temper and bad behavior) but I can't help but find her very entertaining.  As long as she's not being a "b!tch" to anyone, I'm fine with her.  

• Love 1

I had to laugh today. Sharon's pronunciation of controversy. Sara heckling her. Eve backing up Sharon. I started singing Controversy. Meanwhile Sheila E. is sitting at the table  and later they discuss Prince and his music.:)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m glad that was just for today...I hope. 

Lol. As far as I know today is the only day she's filling in. I liked her story about her mom embarrassing her at the airport.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Lol. As far as I know today is the only day she's filling in. I liked her story about her mom embarrassing her at the airport.

She kept adding and adding to the story. I thought, surely, she must be exaggerating.  Then she went and told us how she went days with a collapsed lung. My side-eye game was strong on Sheila E today.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Blissfool said:

She kept adding and adding to the story. I thought, surely, she must be exaggerating.  Then she went and told us how she went days with a collapsed lung. My side-eye game was strong on Sheila E today.

She was surprisingly entertaining.  I did not expect that.  

I had to laugh today. Sharon's pronunciation of controversy. Sara heckling her. Eve backing up Sharon. I started singing Controversy.

Enjoyed that as well.  

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I really enjoyed Lisa's "contributions" to the conversation(s).  To me, she seemed quite at ease.

She seemed a bit uncomfortable at first (the constant applause has to be even more jarring in person), but I thought she loosed up quite a bit after the first few minutes. I had no idea her show was still on, but I'm definitely checking out the one she plugged about phone addiction. The last time she was on she was pregnant with her eldest and now the little girl is 5. Time flies.

The guest host lineup for the rest of the week (thanks, Mikita!):

Tomorrow: Carrie Ann and LaToya Jackson

Wednesday: Carrie Ann and Paulina Rubio

Thursday: Ricki Lake

Friday: Camila McConaughey

As kooky as LaToya is, I liked it when she guest hosted in the past so I'm looking forward to seeing her again tomorrow.

• Love 1