Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Mikita said:

Why would The Talk ladies need pretty much the entire month of December off? Must be nice. 

I can't even find a description for this week's new episodes. I just won't watch until they come back live. 

They're probably getting a new set because the preview for the new year mentions that other than the reveal of the new host, they'll also be getting a new look.

Today's episode is a repeat and I assume that's the case the rest of the week.

• Love 1

Happy Belated New Year, everybody! :)

The set is newish. I like the glass table but not feeling the new chairs. I liked the older ones better. 

I missed most of today's show due to a press conference but did see the last 15 minutes. Where the hell was Mel B.? I was looking forward to her interview.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 3

Today's show was boring with all the awards talk and I zoned out during the Keanu Reeves interview, but did notice they didn't conduct it at the table. They need to get that couch back and have two (or three, at the most) co-hosts handling interviews. Preferably anyone but the Wicked Witch.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I love Keanu Reeves,  but refuse to watch any interviews that he does 😂 he's so cute and generous but awkward as hell and anyone that interviews  him also becomes awkward. 

He was cute on The Late Late Show a few months ago when he was a guest with Peter Stormare. They're both on the show Swedish Dicks with Peter being a regular. He may have had some alcohol to loosen him up first though. 

• Love 1

Schedule for the rest of the week:

Tomorrow - Judith Light; life coach Mike Bayer

Thursday - Mark-Paul Gosselaar (my inner tween is SQUEALING!); Mike Bayer

Friday - Model Ashley Graham; Sharon Case, Kristoff St. John, Joshua Morrow and Jess Walton from The Young and the Restless; Mike Bayer

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Thursday - Mark-Paul Gosselaar (my inner tween is SQUEALING!);

Me too. He was adorable as a teen/YA, but I love his look as a man. I even loved his transformation on ‘Pitch.’ He made it hot to be a bearded, slightly overweight baseball player. 

• Love 2

Sheryl recapping Judith Light's iconic role as Karen Wolek on One Life To Live  like a soap fan was endearing. Sheryl remains a fan at heart, it must be a trip for her to meet artists that she has loved and admired over the years. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, topanga said:

Me too. He was adorable as a teen/YA, but I love his look as a man. I even loved his transformation on ‘Pitch.’ He made it hot to be a bearded, slightly overweight baseball player. 

Right? Very Zaddy-ish. ;)

8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sheryl recapping Judith Light's iconic role as Karen Wolek on One Life To Live  like a soap fan was endearing. Sheryl remains a fan at heart, it must be a trip for her to meet artists that she has loved and admired over the years. 

She's so sweet when she does that, but did they ever get around to talking to about Judith's Lifetime movie? Lol. The campy part of me loves a crappy Lifetime flick, but this new one looks like it'll be good. And not in a "so bad, it's good way".

Good luck on your session with Sharon tomorrow, Dr. Mike Bayer. Watch out for the rotten ham and box of feces!  

• Love 1

I've kinda stopped watching and have been deleting episodes off of my DVR each day. Even though I wasn't pleased with Julie's behavior off the show I liked that she was an ok moderator and kinda helped keep things going each day in an orderly manner. I may watch Friday though to see Jane and Lilly together.

23 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I watched part of the show today & noticed that S.O. didn't rake her hair at all!!  Just sayin'.  (I find that so irritating!!)

She raked a bit at the start of today's show. Lol.

And she cheated yesterday when they did the "10 years ago vs. now" side by side bit. Everyone else had photos of themselves on the red carpet while Sharon put up an obviously photoshopped publicity shot. And of course they were kissing her ass about how "you look exactly the same". How they managed that without bursting into laughter, I don't know.

• Love 6

lily tomlin and jane fonda are so cute together. jane fonda is so touchy feely loving with her, you have to wonder if lily's wife(girlfriend , i don't know if she's married) ever gets jealous! very adorable though. makes me wish i had a girlfriend who cared so much.

i haven't watched grace and frankie in a while, i'm not able to view netflix since i live in a ****hole small town , well, lets not get my blood pressure up, but her face looks so different and she seems to be hunched over. is she that old?

• Love 2

Schedule for this week:

Monday - Actress Vanessa Hudgens; actor Lil Rel Howery

Tuesday - Actress Sarah Chalke

Wednesday - Singer Michael Bolton discusses his next album and performs a medley of his hit songs.

Thursday - Actress Sonequa Martin Green ("Star Trek: Discovery"); guest co-host Brooke Shields.

Friday - Actors Rachel Brosnahan and Michael Zegen ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"); guest co-host Brooke Shields.

Please let Brooke Shields fill in for the Mrs. PLEASE!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, msrachelj said:

did eve announce a short time ago that she was pregnant or am i imagining it?

ok, kate hudson is a nut case. good grief people , get a friggin grip.

I think Eve said they were trying. Did she say something different today?

• Love 1

I don't know if you guys noticed how Carrie-ann seems to be bonding the most with Sheryl. She is always putting a supporting hand on Sheryl whenever a topic makes her emotional.  I could see her bonding with Eve as a newbie, since Eve was one not too long ago.  She and Sarah seem like they would be work friends. I could definitely see her and Sheryl hanging out on the weekend.  I don't see her and Sharon having anything in common.  I sense that Sharon's power has been diminished with Julie's departure.  

Brooke Shields elevated the show today with her presence.  She would fit in perfectly in Mrs O's spot... She is intelligent, personable and surprisingly relatable despite her celebrity. Her story about John F. Kennedy made me smile. It was so endearing..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Brooke Shields elevated the show today with her presence.  She would fit in perfectly in Mrs O's spot... She is intelligent, personable and surprisingly relatable despite her celebrity. Her story about John F. Kennedy made me smile. It was so endearing..

That's great. I've always liked her, even when she was a child star. 

I always wonder how people like Brooke Shields and Charo make money. They're global celebrities but don't have regular acting jobs, modeling gigs, etc. I believe Brooke Shields has several successful businesses that make money for her brand. So I guess I wonder more about stars like Charo or Chad Lowe who aren't currently in the public eye. 

• Love 2
Just now, topanga said:

I always wonder how people like Brooke Shields and Charo make money. They're global celebrities but don't have regular acting jobs, modeling gigs, etc. I believe Brooke Shields has several successful businesses that make money for her brand. So I guess I wonder more about stars like Charo or Chad Lowe who aren't currently in the public eye. 

There was a topic about child stars who have escaped the stigma and she said that she had a mom who protected her, but, she also reinvented herself and went where she was wanted. If the TV shows don't want to hire you, try to go on Broadway.  Find a passion if it is not acting and try to always work on your craft when and where you can.. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, topanga said:

I always wonder how people like Brooke Shields and Charo make money. T

I don’t know about Charo, but Brooke got a bachelors degree from Princeton. Her grades were all A’s and B’s. Granted that it wasn’t a business degree (more Liberal Arts), but she had to apply herself to get those grades. I think she’s smarter than people think and has a net worth of approximately 25 million. Last year she launched a fashion line on QVC and doesn’t impress me as one of those celebrities who live above their means. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, topanga said:

Chad Lowe is a working director with many, many credits to his name. I have a wide range of tastes in TV shows and I see his name pop up as “director” a lot! He also had a recurring role on the TV series “Supergirl” last season. 

Brooke went to Princeton, and has her fashion line on QVC, as previously shared. On the west coast, I still see her in commercials for La-Z-Boy furniture (when I ffwd through them on my DVR). I wonder how lucrative or long that specific contract is? 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 3

This week's schedule:

Monday - Vanessa L. Williams guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Marcia Gay Harden; host Sara Gilbert's birthday celebration; Vanessa L. Williams guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Tim Allen; Vanessa L. Williams guest co-hosts.

Thursday - TV host Dr. Phil McGraw.

Friday - Actor Matt LeBlanc.

Hopefully we'll have three more shows without Sharon. First Brooke Shields does an excellent job guest hosting and now Vanessa Williams is filling in? Take that a sign, Mrs. O. You're not needed. Gon' back home and stay there...

• Love 4

Good on that woman on the plane who defended herself and her husband from that hateful wench who ragged on them about their weight. I don't care how much salad she eats. Her soul is still as ugly as homemade sin and she was a fool to think she'd get away with her abuse.

I know it's been almost 2 years, but I'm still pissed at VH1 for pulling the plug on Vanessa's show Daytime Divas while keeping (and adding) these so-called "reality" shows.

• Love 6

Oh God, she’s baaack!  Only good thing about SO being on is it shortens my watch time because I ff thru all her yak yak.  Why must she always talk first and longest, is in her contract?  The show is greatly improved without her.  Just Iike the View would be better without John McCains daughter.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Yikes. She came back. I was hoping that Sharon was still out and not Carrie Ann. Plain and simple, both Sharon and CBS think that she is the star attraction of the show. She's at the center of the table and almost always has to begin the conversation. I hate it when she starts to ramble and then has to ask someone what the question was. Worst host ever.

• Love 6

I totally dislike their habit of bringing on guest co-hosts.  What's the reason for this and why can't they just go with their usual group?  These guests add nothing to the show, and imho, can bring it down.  For instance, I'm definitely not a Kobe fan, so what does him being on this show bring to the program as a whole?  He's just plugging a book and nothing else.  Heck, I'm not a fan of Carnie Wilson, but they keep bringing her on a lot.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I totally dislike their habit of bringing on guest co-hosts.  What's the reason for this and why can't they just go with their usual group?  These guests add nothing to the show, and imho, can bring it down.  For instance, I'm definitely not a Kobe fan, so what does him being on this show bring to the program as a whole?  He's just plugging a book and nothing else.  Heck, I'm not a fan of Carnie Wilson, but they keep bringing her on a lot.  

The only time I don't like guests host is when they bring nothing to the table.  Brooke Shields and Vanessa Williams were great when the co-hosted.  And I may be in the minority here but I've always liked Carnie, so I love seeing her own.  And Kobe was a breath of fresh air for me.  It was cool seeing him in this setting.  He didn't seem as lifeless as he has to me in the past.  He actually seemed like a chill, cool dude.  That is not the impression I had of him back in the day.  

And I know this is a bit late but I loved, loved Brigitte Nielsen on the show about a week ago.  She was delightful.  I didn't expect her to be so awesome.  She have a great interview.  All the best to her and her new baby.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, A.J. said:

The only time I don't like guests host is when they bring nothing to the table.  Brooke Shields and Vanessa Williams were great when the co-hosted.  And I may be in the minority here but I've always liked Carnie, so I love seeing her own.  And Kobe was a breath of fresh air for me.  It was cool seeing him in this setting.  He didn't seem as lifeless as he has to me in the past.  He actually seemed like a chill, cool dude.  That is not the impression I had of him back in the day.  

And I know this is a bit late but I loved, loved Brigitte Nielsen on the show about a week ago.  She was delightful.  I didn't expect her to be so awesome.  She have a great interview.  All the best to her and her new baby.  

Jodie Sweetin is great too.

I knew the minute Sara read Aisha's tweet about Adam Levine and the male/female nipple double standard Sharon couldn't wait to shut it down. Girlfriend's not even there anymore and her opinion is still dismissed with no hesitation from the Mrs.

Sheryl made me tear up when she talked about Kristoff St. John's tragic passing yesterday.

I don't know what's up with the live Table Talk and taped interviews, but if it means we only have to endure Endora for the interviews, I'm cool.

Tomorrow - Tiffany Haddish

Thursday - Taraji P. Henson

Friday - Daniel Radcliffe; Julia Stiles

• Love 5

This week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Brendan Fraser; highlights from the Grammys.

Tuesday - Actor Adam Devine.

Wednesday - Josh Groban talks and performs.

Thursday - Actress Tichina Arnold; actor Cedric the Entertainer.

Friday - Alison Sweeney; actress Allison Miller.

• Love 3

I agree with Jodi about JLo doing the Motown tribute. It just did not feel like Motown. It's not about color. I would have loved it if Christina Aguilera or maybe even Pink had done it. They have much stronger voices. Jennifer did a flashy and sexy  dance set. Even the singing just was not Motown. It had no soul whatsoever. Numerous artists could have done much better. I don't care what Smokey says, I didn't like it.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Mikita said:

I agree with Jodi about JLo doing the Motown tribute. It just did not feel like Motown. It's not about color. I would have loved it if Christina Aguilera or maybe even Pink had done it. They have much stronger voices. Jennifer did a flashy and sexy  dance set. Even the singing just was not Motown. It had no soul whatsoever. Numerous artists could have done much better. I don't care what Smokey says, I didn't like it.

Not to mention, Barry Gordy never wanted Black women to be presented as overly sexual because he wanted to combat the stereotype of Black women being lascivious and of questionable character. Motown was a movement and it was the only vehicle that Black artists were able to put music out.  Plus, it was always about the music, the songs, the harmonies and the Art from the Black perspective that was able to move the majority to appreciate our form of music,

• Love 10

What is up with the disappearing host? They are there one minute, they come back for the interview and one host is gone.(Usually Sharon, but not always) One day Sharon disappeared after table talk and came back after an interview. Why are they doing this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Mikita said:

What is up with the disappearing host? They are there one minute, they come back for the interview and one host is gone.(Usually Sharon, but not always) One day Sharon disappeared after table talk and came back after an interview. Why are they doing this?

I posted in her dedicated thread here that Ozzy had been really sick and in ICU then got out of there a few days ago but I think he's still in the hospital. That's the only reason I can come up with to explain what your describing. I haven't watched much since Julie left. Not that I'm protesting since I'm still giving her the side eye for choosing to use her last name when she did and sticking with her husband. I kinda miss the structure The Talk had while she was there.

Having never been a avid watcher of The Real previously I kinda picked it up after the Julie stuff and getting so tired of Sharon that I wasn't enjoying watching anymore. The Real has fluff and serious discussion and there's no host that really revolts me since they got rid of Tamar a few years ago. She's why I didn't watch the first few seasons it was on due to how she wanted to be the one who got all the attention in the same way Sharon does.

Nutmeg McCain has driven me away from The View so much so that I can't even watch on Fridays anymore. It's weird how the addition or subtraction of one host on a panel show can change things so much. I still miss not having Aisha on The Talk too. 🙁

This post turned out a lot longer then I intended it to.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

I noticed that with Carrie Ann on another show earlier in the week. It's not uncommon for them to pre-tape interviews, but they've done it a lot more lately for some reason.

I cringed with second hand embarrassment when Sara's wife Linda "surprised" her as a weirdo audience member for Valentine's Day, but Sara's expression cracked me up. Like "I love you, but... girl, bye. You really thought I'd fall for that?"

• Love 3

Don't know about Friday, but here are Monday through Thursdays shows:

Monday - Actress Courteney Cox; actress Melody Thomas Scott ("The Young and the Restless")

Tuesday - Actor Seann William Scott

Wednesday - Actress Kate Walsh ("13 Reasons Why")

Thursday - Actress Wendi McLendon-Covey

Edited by rmcrae
Just got Thursday's guest
  • Love 3

I must say The Talk has become a WHOLE LOT more interesting since Julie's departure.  Sara is opening up, Carrie Ann is a great addition (IMHO) & they delve into a lot more hot topics than ever before.  I'm really enjoying the show, but I still can't stand SO, although I tend to agree with her more than not.  Just sayin'.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I must say The Talk has become a WHOLE LOT more interesting since Julie's departure.  Sara is opening up, Carrie Ann is a great addition (IMHO) & they delve into a lot more hot topics than ever before.  I'm really enjoying the show, but I still can't stand SO, although I tend to agree with her more than not.  Just sayin'. 

Medicine Crow girl, I'll pray for you! :p She did say something I agreed with the other day: Jason Momoa is a gorgeous man. I've never watched Game of Thrones, but whenever I do see him on TV, I can't look away. Lisa Bonet is so lucky! 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Medicine Crow girl, I'll pray for you! :p She did say something I agreed with the other day: Jason Momoa is a gorgeous man. I've never watched Game of Thrones, but whenever I do see him on TV, I can't look away. Lisa Bonet is so lucky! 

OMG @RMCRAE I couldn't agree with you more about Jason Mamoa.

One thing that annoyed me though, was the fact that they didn't promote Carrie Ann's segment with Erin Andrews about cervical cancer.  It was very important & deserved more attention!!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I must say The Talk has become a WHOLE LOT more interesting since Julie's departure.  Sara is opening up, Carrie Ann is a great addition (IMHO) & they delve into a lot more hot topics than ever before.  I'm really enjoying the show, but I still can't stand SO, although I tend to agree with her more than not.  Just sayin'.

I think they all feared Julie on some level, except for Sharon because I think that Sharon knows lots of stuff.  I also think that Sarah is a great moderator and she seems more relaxed. Eve has come a long way and I am impress that she was able to reinvent herself after her rap career.  I too love Carrie Ann her authenticity is endearing, she is not afraid to be vulnerable and I love her growing bond with Sheryl.  I also love how she and Sheryl both dress, especially Sheryl, she wears colors that compliment her dark chocolate skin.. Sharon is still an ass, but, she seemed to have lost her arrogance that she had when Julie was around..

• Love 5

dear talk hosts: please, i beg you, STOP talking about the Kar-trahians. the monster family of talentless, disgusting, filthy rich asshole useless people will never go away if you keep feeding it. please please stop. that goes for everyone. 

• Love 7

Finally got the schedule for this week:

Monday - Actress Maria Bello; Marie Osmond guest co-hosts; Top Talker Kevin Frazier

Tuesday - Actress Isla Fisher

Wednesday - TV host Howie Mandel

Thursday - Singer Donny Osmond

Friday - Actress Chloe Grace Moretz; actor Ethan Peck

Tomorrow will most likely be boring chatter about the Oscars, but I'll be glad to see Marie back as guest host. Hopefully filling in for the wench.

• Love 1

It never ceases to amaze me just how stupid people can be. Take the idiotic delivery guy they talked about today who was so insulted by the measly (to him) tip the woman was going to give him that he dipped his nasty bits in her sauce. Oh, but his "oh so bright" coworker/friend put it all on film and posted it on the web. I'm glad they did since that's how they (and many more morons like them) got caught, but... Damn, what imbeciles! 

Eve is reminding me of Aisha with her hair lately. And the sweater she had on today. 

• Love 4