Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I totally agree! I had hoped it was a mindless mistake and they chose before they left tho. Somebody should have switched that shit.

Never in a million years did I think I'd ever say this, but I'm thankful Trump interrupted that in my neck of the woods.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I had hoped it was a mindless mistake

It was totally mindful. Scheduling just doesn't happen.  The  producers (I don't know if this includes Sara, I tend to think her title as producer as an honorific because she created the show, much like Barbara Walters still being listed as a producer of The View) opted for an opportunity to cash in.  No suprise here.

• Love 2

Ok, I think we just saw why so many kids are out of control nowadays.  When they showed the video of that terrible boy who was vandalizing cars and then tried to bully an adult by chest butting him and then slugging the adult, the Talk ladies basically said, “poor boy, he has problems, he needs help, my heart goes out to this boy”. Yes, the adult shoved the kid, probably after getting fed up with the kid hassling him, but I think the kid deserved it, and more, especially after hearing the kid using the most profane language, including calling a woman a “F’n Whore” and a lot more. And it was obvious that the kid knew how to use the “he hit me “ sob story and knew how to lie that the adult had choked him.  Thank heaven that Sheryl was the voice of reason when she said that she would never had used that kind of language towards an adult when she was a child. 

• Love 12
37 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Ok, I think we just saw why so many kids are out of control nowadays.  When they showed the video of that terrible boy who was vandalizing cars and then tried to bully an adult by chest butting him and then slugging the adult, the Talk ladies basically said, “poor boy, he has problems, he needs help, my heart goes out to this boy”. Yes, the adult shoved the kid, probably after getting fed up with the kid hassling him, but I think the kid deserved it, and more, especially after hearing the kid using the most profane language, including calling a woman a “F’n Whore” and a lot more. And it was obvious that the kid knew how to use the “he hit me “ sob story and knew how to lie that the adult had choked him.  Thank heaven that Sheryl was the voice of reason when she said that she would never had used that kind of language towards an adult when she was a child. 

The ladies threw me for a loop with sympathizing on that kid. They acted like he was a four year old kid throwing a temper tantrum at the supermarket.  He was old enough to know better and did not care.   Sheryl was the voice of reason today.   The kid was also vandalizing people's cars, so he has no respect for people's property, on top of not having any respect for adults and authority.  The audience was not having it as well.

The same goes for Monica Lewinsky.. She willfully engaged with Bill Clinton, yes, she was young and impressed with his power. Youth is not an excuse for doing something wrong.   I don't understand why she is being included in the #metoo, movement.  Bill Clinton did not use his power, to coerce her, into doing anything with him. 

• Love 12
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The ladies threw me for a loop with sympathizing on that kid. They acted like he was a four year old kid throwing a temper tantrum at the supermarket.  He was old enough to know better and did not care.   Sheryl was the voice of reason today.   The kid was also vandalizing people's cars, so he has no respect for people's property, on top of not having any respect for adults and authority.  The audience was not having it as well.

The same goes for Monica Lewinsky.. She willfully engaged with Bill Clinton, yes, she was young and impressed with his power. Youth is not an excuse for doing something wrong.   I don't understand why she is being included in the #metoo, movement.  Bill Clinton did not use his power, to coerce her, into doing anything with him. 

I've always believed she TOTALLY put the hustle on him, but she was too young to anticipate the repercussions.  Young women can be unbelievably stupid sometimes & they pay the price, as she did in spades!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, at the beginning, they more or less re-stated what has already been tweeted/said.

What a disappointment.  At least I got to see a vandalizing brat get knocked to the ground.  He deserved that and more, the little shit.

• Love 5

This weekend in my neighborhood's FB group there was a post from a lady saying she had caught some young boys who were up to something. Apparently they were crouched down walking past the windows and up to the door of another woman's home. When the lady posting asked them what they were doing they ignored her, so she asked them again and they took off running. From the pics that were posted they looked like they were in the 8,9,10 range so old enough to know better, be told that they need to respect other people's homes/property and disciplined if needed. Quite a few women responded by saying they were glad their boys were grown so they couldn't get posted about like that and using that tired old "boys will be boys" excuse. I pointed out that if it was their house it was happening to and if those kids had damaged stuff on their property or worse that the "boys will be boys" excuse they were going on about would go out the window and they'd be looking for the kids parents to complain and/or get reimbursed. 

I think part of the reason so many wanted to defend the boys I described above is because they were white. Some people complained about a couple black boys doing basically the same thing and there was a good bit of outrage from these same women who tried to excused the white ones. The black boys father spoke up by saying he didn't know what they were up to, appreciated the fact that he was being informed about it, that they would be talked to/disciplined and would be restricted to their own yard for awhile until they learned their lesson about respecting others and their property.

Sheryl doesn't have kids and I don't either so sometimes I think people who are child-free can be more objective. There still are some good parents out there who aren't always trying to excuse bad behavior young kids display. It's the ones who try to excuse the bad behavior away when their kids are young, then act all shocked when they continue to get into trouble when older and try to act like they were these great parents who piss me off. Too many of them now think people should accommodate bad behavior instead of them as parents doing something about putting a stop to it in the first place.

• Love 10

Long time reader, first time poster for this show’s page:

I was shocked that Julie wasn’t siding with Sheryl over the incident over the kid acting like a shit head as I distinctly remember Julie telling the viewers (earlier this season) that she cancelled her son’s birthday party at the last minute after he was behaving poorly (something about him not going to bed on time & arguing with her about it - I could be wrong). Julie also said her son’s friends’ moms emailed her and asked “are you serious about this?” and she explained that she was teaching her son a lesson and she was OK with other moms thinking she was “mean.”

It seemed like the women forgot all about the kid having been caught damaging property to begin with! That pissed me off.

I’ve been a teacher for ten years & I don’t have kids. I’m with Sheryl as I also don’t believe in enabling, but I’ve also been able to look at certain situations through a different lens and I have changed my view on a thing or two after being around adolescents for a decade. I’ve taught grades 7-10 and I can honestly say that the kid’s behavior didn’t shock me at all. Some of you would be floored at what students try to get away with (in my classroom) and what they do get away with (anywhere else other than my classroom!). The students who aren’t cussing at/mouthing off to adults are well aware that their peers who act out and engage in what I call “random acts of crazy” know that the inappropriate choices are encouraged and/or deemed acceptable at home. 

Yes, that kid was crying out for help, and probably needs some serious therapy. There are a lot of people who have kids who have no business being a parent. The kid didn’t ask for shitty parents. However, I would bet my life savings that his teachers have been telling his parent(s) that he is out of control in the classroom for years. That behavior doesn’t develop overnight or on the spot. Even though he’s younger than any student I’ve taught in my classroom, I instantly recognized his posturing, his tone when he spoke and his refusal to accept any ownership or responsibility for his actions, which is one of the growing trends that is continuing to negatively impact the development of many, many secondary school students.

FYI: I was assaulted by an 18 year old student after I picked up his backpack as a nonverbal signal for him to leave the classroom because he had been behaving like a shit head.  He refused to leave when I gave him “the teacher look” and also placed a Post It note on his desk that told him to head to the office. I didn’t tell him to leave as my policy is to never engage/ embarrass students who make poor choices because sadly, I know that I will always lose that battle. He grabbed my right arm in Nov 2016 and I JUST had ulnar nerve surgery three months ago (March 2018). I told HR that since I had documented nerve damage & pain from the incident, I wanted to see a real doctor and I refused to continue to go to the 3rd party medical clinic where I was supposed to receive care because I was getting worse. When I met with my principal to discuss the incident, TWO weeks after it happened, he told me: “Well, you shouldn’t have touched his backpack.”

When I was finally allowed to see a “real orthopedic surgeon”, the first two things he did was:

1. order an MRI 

2. Placed me on temporary disability (which has been in effect for the 2017-18 school year)

The kid was only suspended for two days and he was switched to a different English teacher (and she wasn’t told he assaulted me). I live in a state where claiming a WorkComp injury means I can’t sue the school for negligence. (i.e. it doesn’t matter if the student has a history of violence or issues with teachers, if a student injures a teacher, anything that happens to the teacher isn’t “the school’s fault.”)

• Love 16

I've taught lower elementary for 16 years and the kids (some) are just as bad. Hitting, kicking, screaming so loud that I feel it will burst my eardrum. The youth of today is a special breed. Sometimes when I tell stories to my non-teacher friends they think I'm exaggerating. I'm not, though. I know two young adults that began teaching this past school year...they have submitted their resignation and will not return next year.

• Love 10
(edited)

I cannot begin to express how much I dislike Sheryl Underwood. I wish they would take her off the show. She is so phony ,so scripted.  Just get rid of her, please!

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I've grown very fond of Sheryl & respect what she's overcome, her ability to assess all sides of an issue & her brilliant sense of humor.  Just sayin'.

Agreed. I also like that she wears her heart on her sleeve and, next to Sara and Eve, she's the most genuine. The co-host in the center of the table is the epitome of phony imo. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear her say she apologized to Nicole Kidman for making fun of her when Ozzy introduced them. Not surprising since she was nowhere to be seen when Susan Boyle performed on the show a few years back. She thinks she can say and do as she pleases and shouldn't be held to the same standards as everyone else. I detest that woman.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Agreed. I also like that she wears her heart on her sleeve and, next to Sara and Eve, she's the most genuine. The co-host in the center of the table is the epitome of phony imo. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear her say she apologized to Nicole Kidman for making fun of her when Ozzy introduced them. Not surprising since she was nowhere to be seen when Susan Boyle performed on the show a few years back. She thinks she can say and do as she pleases and shouldn't be held to the same standards as everyone else. I detest that woman.

When Sharon talks about times that she offended someone I feel that she is "sticking the knife back in and twisting it." She could easily say that she said some very unkind words about the person without going into detail, which is like she's insulting the person all over again. Of course, our inquiring minds would want to know, but if she was really sincere in her apology, she'd refuse to repeat it.

• Love 5

Monday, June 11

Actress Amanda Peet; singer Toni Braxton guest co-hosts; “Top Talker” Entertainment blogger Jared Eng (n)

Tuesday, June 12

Television personality Jack Osbourne; “Top Talker” Kevin Frazier (ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT); radio personality Charlamagne guest co-hosts (n)

Wednesday, June 13

Actor Donnie Wahlberg (CBS’ BLUE BLOODS) (n)

Thursday, June 14

Actress Alicia Silverstone (n)

Friday, June 15

Actress Christina Ricci discusses her new film “Distorted”; THE TALK’s “Summertime Santa Giveaways” continue with kitchen must-haves presented by actor Michael Mealor (CBS’ THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS) (n)

• Love 3

Yay to Toni Braxton guest hosting (I'll be praying for your finances) and no phony Sharon!

Sara, you're a sweetheart, but you know good and damn well that Sharon's not a walking poster for plastic surgery that makes you look good without looking weird.

• Love 4

It was SO great to be Sharon-free on Monday. I loved that everyone was able to speak equally. No one dominated the conversation - imagine that!

I absolutely loved that she wasn’t there to steal the spotlight. I hate that she’s always the first one to open her mouth to give her two cents about every. damn. topic. that came up. It was so fantastic! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

It was SO great to be Sharon-free on Monday. I loved that everyone was able to speak equally. No one dominated the conversation - imagine that!

I absolutely loved that she wasn’t there to steal the spotlight. I hate that she’s always the first one to open her mouth to give her two cents about every. damn. topic. that came up. It was so fantastic! 

And even when she's not there her name is still brought up and they have to kiss her ass. I'll take that over Sharon getting her ass kissed in person with her fake "aren't I the best?!" expressions.

I liked Charlamagne today. Especially him calling Lisa Lampanelli out for repeatedly using the N word. I never really cared for comedy anyway. Not only is she mean, her "I love chocolate daddies" act is so one-note.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, rmcrae said:

And even when she's not there her name is still brought up and they have to kiss her ass. I'll take that over Sharon getting her ass kissed in person with her fake "aren't I the best?!" expressions.

I liked Charlamagne today. Especially him calling Lisa Lampanelli out for repeatedly using the N word. I never really cared for comedy anyway. Not only is she mean, her "I love chocolate daddies" act is so one-note.

Charlemagne was really good. He blended really well with the ladies.  He made me laugh.  

I think that the ladies were instructed to not ask Jack Osbourne about his divorce.. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sharon, let a man slap one of your daughters in the face with his penis and we'll see if you think that's "fabulous". She's such trash.

That was such an awful story. Why ever did they choose to do it? Oh, sensationalism. 

Yall are onto something about Sharon on here. I’ve been watching her a bit more closely and she is always first to answer a subject or give her opinion. A little less would be more. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Sharon, let a man slap one of your daughters in the face with his penis and we'll see if you think that's "fabulous". She's such trash.

why aren't the metoo women going after him also? that story was disgusting. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That was such an awful story. Why ever did they choose to do it? Oh, sensationalism. 

Yall are onto something about Sharon on here. I’ve been watching her a bit more closely and she is always first to answer a subject or give her opinion. A little less would be more. 

They all defer to Sharon, even Julie, who is married to their boss. It is ridiculous.  Sharon is a piece of work.. They all act like her marriage to Ozzy, is the greatest love of all. Her marriage has been plagued by addiction, violence, threats of attempted murder, cheating and horrible behavior.  Sharon is the same woman, who used to send her own feces in boxes, to her husbands' critics. Who the hell does that kind of despicable act?  Sharon is not playing with a full deck of cards.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

They all defer to Sharon, even Julie, who is married to their boss. It is ridiculous.  Sharon is a piece of work.. They all act like her marriage to Ozzy, is the greatest love of all. Her marriage has been plagued by addiction, violence, threats of attempted murder, cheating and horrible behavior.  Sharon is the same woman, who used to send her own feces in boxes, to her husbands' critics. Who the hell does that kind of despicable act?  Sharon is not playing with a full deck of cards.. 

... & I think she has lice!!!  LOL.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

she's disgusting. i wish they would get rid of her.

on that reality show she had, didn't she throw feces at the neighbors house too. she is pure class!

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

on that reality show she had, didn't she throw feces at the neighbors house too. she is pure class!

I don't remember that, but I do remember her dogs pooping & peeing all over her house, including her fancy carpets & persian rugs.  Ick!!!  (Money don't buy you class!!)  I also remember Ozzie staggering around all the time (pissed as a knit).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't remember that, but I do remember her dogs pooping & peeing all over her house, including her fancy carpets & persian rugs.  Ick!!!  (Money don't buy you class!!)  I also remember Ozzie staggering around all the time (pissed as a knit).

I never understood the Osbourne's appeal...I found them to be distasteful.  I have always had a fascination for the eldest daughter who refused to be a part of the reality show machine and moved out.. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never understood the Osbourne's appeal...I found them to be distasteful.  I have always had a fascination for the eldest daughter who refused to be a part of the reality show machine and moved out.. 

Neither did I!!  I only watched the show 3 or 4 times &, like you, found it totally disgusting.  Sharon was SO ignorant ... I don't know how she parlayed that garbage show into a full time gig on The Talk & talent shows.  (I've never been an Ozzie fan, so I don't get the attraction.)

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Neither did I!!  I only watched the show 3 or 4 times &, like you, found it totally disgusting.  Sharon was SO ignorant ... I don't know how she parlayed that garbage show into a full time gig on The Talk & talent shows.  (I've never been an Ozzie fan, so I don't get the attraction.)

She was also on celebrity apprentice.  The only fascinating thing about Sharon, is that she has lived in the states for over 40 years and her British accent has remained intact.. She would look better with darker hair.  The clownish red hair has got to go. I was amazed how good her skin looked, when they had that make-up free show. She, Julie and Aisha looked, so much, better, younger, without, all of the make-up and hair extensions.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was also on celebrity apprentice.  The only fascinating thing about Sharon, is that she has lived in the states for over 40 years and her British accent has remained intact.. She would look better with darker hair.  The clownish red hair has got to go. I was amazed how good her skin looked, when they had that make-up free show. She, Julie and Aisha looked, so much, better, younger, without, all of the make-up and hair extensions.

Yes, but her head scratching has got to go.  I noticed today she was really trying not to touch her hair but slipped a few times.  I think she has really thick hair & with the color & product it does become itchy.  When she sees herself in the monitor, she can't resist re-arranging the hair.  (It drives me nuts!!!)

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Chile, if she's still knocking boots with Ozzy I'm surprised she doesn't have critters in other nooks and crannies...

6 hours ago, msrachelj said:

No, but Ozzy threw a rotten ham over the neighbor's fence for playing their music too loud.

5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I remember when Christina Aguilera bought their old house and Sharon said she saw the makeover pics in a magazine and made fun of it for looking like a "cheap brothel". Because the piss and shit-stained carpets and rugs of old screamed "elegant".

• Love 5

I saw a promo for a show on A&E with Ozzy, Jack and Kelly acting stupid. No Sharon though. Too bad she doesn't leave The Talk and join the rest of the clan over there full time.

• Love 4
On 6/15/2018 at 9:43 PM, Apprentice79 said:

The only fascinating thing about Sharon, is that she has lived in the states for over 40 years and her British accent has remained intact.

My mom's an Irish immigrant, came here in '65, and in 2018 it sounds like she just got off the plane in '65.

• Love 5

Fergie was a decent co-host. Her

unintentional (I think) side-eyeing made me laugh. 

Of course she won't name names, but I'd like to know who the other comic was that got Sheryl out of a job and what made them decide to confess years later. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Of course she won't name names, but I'd like to know who the other comic was that got Sheryl out of a job and what made them decide to confess years later. 

Guilt. Most people confess due to guilt or to get some gain (a better job or less of a sentence in a judicial setting). 

I love hearing the stories on so many of these chat shows and they allude to someone being guilty of or doing something,  then suddenly back track and won’t say who. I understand but hate to be left dangling. Either tell it all or don’t say a word. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Guilt. Most people confess due to guilt or to get some gain (a better job or less of a sentence in a judicial setting). 

I love hearing the stories on so many of these chat shows and they allude to someone being guilty of or doing something,  then suddenly back track and won’t say who. I understand but hate to be left dangling. Either tell it all or don’t say a word. 

I like it when they don't name names. It is good, to let us guess the person.  When Eve told the story about a female rapper that came to her show , just to ruin it. The fans guess rightly that it was Foxy Brown.  They had beef back in the day. Unfortunately, if you are not a Rap fan, you would not know it.

• Love 4

I'm one of those who doesn't understand why Sharon is center and the first to give an opinion. She's so nasty I don't care if she rots with the rest of her disgusting family.  Go wander around with your brain damaged husband.

The show is also full of clapping seals. Like everything anyone says is an epiphany or the most important thing anyone said. Stop clapping ffs.

• Love 5
On 6/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, Medicine Crow said:

OMG! That show almost  ruined  Ozzy for me. I quit watching it because I wanted to keep my 80's memories of his shows. Good stage show back in the day. That being said I can't stand Sharon at all. Like Meghan hate. She's another that grabs the mic FIRST every damn day.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

OMG! That show almost  ruined  Ozzy for me. I quit watching it because I wanted to keep my 80's memories of his shows. Good stage show back in the day. That being said I can't stand Sharon at all. Like Meghan hate. She's another that grabs the mic FIRST every damn day.

You are smart to keep your memories intact. 

• Love 2

I laughed a lot at the vagina conversation. Poor Sara was so uncomfortable. 

I couldn’t watch the Snapchat of the kids in Kansas City kicking a cat like a football. That would have screwed with my mind (nightmares) for days. It reminded me of a childhood incident. Well two but you really don’t want to read about them. 

I also thought that it was a creepy thought that Tom Cruise was a babysitter for Bryce Dallas Howard. Glad he was just the “court jester”. 

• Love 2

I have always disliked Jada Pinkett Smith and I am tired if hearing about her every. single. day.

That cat video made me very sad.

The TMZ reporters were trying so hard to bait Paris Hilton , but she handled it appropriately. Glad she grew up.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I laughed a lot at the vagina conversation. Poor Sara was so uncomfortable. 

I have never understood why she is uncomfortable talking about her sexuality, when it comes to sex. I remember a discussion where they talked about men and their stamina, regarding sex . Sharon playfully teased Sara and asked her if two ladies ever have that problem and she declined to answer. I was like come on Sara, answer that question.  Sharon was not being salacious or offensive. She was genuinely curious about the mechanics of Lesbian sex..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4