Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

haven't been watching the show in months but caught it again yesterday. who is this eve and why did they pick her?  she is the worst. i may have to  stop watching altogether. my goodness, there are so many people out there that could sit at the table, why her? though there were a few times i didn't agree with aisha, i loved her. she was smart and articulate and funny. well, they won't get rid of the vile 'mrs. o." so what did i expect?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

That's Sharon's doing. She's the only one who would openly roll her eyes at Aisha and go out of her way to disagree with most of what she said. She didn't like Holly either. Intelligent women (especially women of color) who don't kiss her ass and agree with her every word annoy her. Eve isn't dumb, but she is nervous and holds back a lot so Sharon doesn't see her as a threat. 

Speaking of Holly she guest hosted on The View today. She plugged her reality show's new season. I still miss her and Leah on this show. But the hateful O and her clan still clog up this show.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, rcc said:

Speaking of Holly she guest hosted on The View today. She plugged her reality show's new season. I still miss her and Leah on this show. But the hateful O and her clan still clog up this show.

I watched it and miss her too. I liked how Holly politely checked Whoopi for rolling her eyes on the marriage topic and the rapport she had with Sunny.

Although it was live, today's show felt taped (and boring) to me. Probably because Table Talk was cut short for the guests.

I see you, Eve, in that Sade t-shirt. You better rep the Quiet Storm Goddess!

• Love 3

TPTB, whenever Omarosa pens her "tell-all" about the White House, please don't invite her back to talk about it. Not interested.

Sweet baby Jesus, Brandi Glanville has gone overboard with the fillers and plastic surgery. Her mouth!  

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

TPTB, whenever Omarosa pens her "tell-all" about the White House, please don't invite her back to talk about it. Not interested.

Sweet baby Jesus, Brandi Glanville has gone overboard with the fillers and plastic surgery. Her mouth!  

I almost didn't recognize her!!!  Why would a young women do "that" to herself???  I don't "get it"!!!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I almost didn't recognize her!!!  Why would a young women do "that" to herself???  I don't "get it"!!!

I think because she’s insecure. Her ex-husband Eddie left her for a younger woman (Leanne Rimes) and her tone and humor is mean spirited so she is trying to compensate with plastic surgery. As beautiful women age they no longer can attract quality men with just their looks so it seems that she is on the hunt for a more youthful appearance. Sadly it’s not working for her. 

A note about Eve. Y’all called her the seal for he clapping. Lately she’s toned it down quite a bit and is holding on to her coffee mug for dear life. 

• Love 4

I was appalled by Sharon repeating the rumor that Ryan Seacrest's accuser is mentally unbalanced.  This is a "defense" that many perpetrators use against their victims.  "you can't believer her, she's crazy".  No one on the panel checked her on using this tactic in defending her friend Ryan.  Instead they wondered why it took the victim so long to come forward.  Not one of these women acknowledged how much power Ryan had over the stylists livelihood.  If she comes forward a victim risks losing  her job, being blackballed in her industry and called a grifter or worse crazy.  Coming forward is a HUGE risk for most women.

Sarah has a big old hair across her ass about child support limits.  I think she is paying out a lot of child support to her ex and their children.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sarah has a big old hair across her ass about child support limits.  I think she is paying out a lot of child support to her ex and their children.  

I always assumed that Sarah's daughter lived with her.  Her daughter is her biological daughter and her oldest son is by her ex. Sara seems really happy with her wife Linda. They have a son together.  I remember hearing that her ex was not too happy when Sara got with Linda..

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think because she’s insecure. Her ex-husband Eddie left her for a younger woman (Leanne Rimes) and her tone and humor is mean spirited so she is trying to compensate with plastic surgery. As beautiful women age they no longer can attract quality men with just their looks so it seems that she is on the hunt for a more youthful appearance. Sadly it’s not working for her. 

A note about Eve. Y’all called her the seal for he clapping. Lately she’s toned it down quite a bit and is holding on to her coffee mug for dear life. 

And there you have it. I wouldn't call pre-Housewives Brandi a knockout, but she was attractive and didn't need any fillers or surgery. I felt bad for her after the cheating scandal, but seeing her on BH Housewives? No more sympathy from me. She and Sharon should be best mates since they're both vile.

4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I was appalled by Sharon repeating the rumor that Ryan Seacrest's accuser is mentally unbalanced.  This is a "defense" that many perpetrators use against their victims.  "you can't believer her, she's crazy".  No one on the panel checked her on using this tactic in defending her friend Ryan.  Instead they wondered why it took the victim so long to come forward.  Not one of these women acknowledged how much power Ryan had over the stylists livelihood.  If she comes forward a victim risks losing  her job, being blackballed in her industry and called a grifter or worse crazy.  Coming forward is a HUGE risk for most women.

To Sara's credit she did go against what Sharon said, but she should've been more firm in doing so. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers warned Sharon ahead of time because she wasn't as tacky and overtly nasty as usual when topics involving people she likes come up. Sara said exactly what I was thinking. Just because you know someone's public persona it doesn't mean that you actually know them. I'm ready for Sharon to get a side gig and leave us in peace for a while. Aisha girl, fill in for at least one show, please.

I understood where Sheryl was coming from about wanting victims of abuse/sexual harassment to speak up as soon as someone has crossed the line, but she also needs to remember that that's the exact reason why the Me Too movement is so powerful. Whether it happened last night or 25 years ago, it's never too late to speak out and doing so can give strength and courage to others that they can speak out as well.

Just now, Apprentice79 said:

I always assumed that Sarah's daughter lived with her.  Her daughter is her biological daughter and her oldest son is by her ex. Sara seems really happy with her wife Linda. They have a son together.  I remember hearing that her ex was not too happy when Sara got with Linda..

I thought that too. I remember when Sara got emotional about splitting with her ex and wishing they could grow old together like elderly couples she knew. Hopefully she can do that with Linda.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I thought that too. I remember when Sara got emotional about splitting with her ex and wishing they could grow old together like elderly couples she knew. Hopefully she can do that with Linda.

She accused Linda of stealing Sara from her. I am channeling Aisha, in saying, that nobody can steal somebody from you...The person was never really yours, if they could be seduced away from you..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She accused Linda of stealing Sara from her. I am channeling Aisha, in saying, that nobody can steal somebody from you...The person was never really yours, if they could be seduced away from you..

Oh, that's right. I remember reading something about that after they split. I hate it when people say someone "stole" their partner. Like you (and Aisha :)) said, not only was the person never yours if they strayed, they're not objects. They're a human being capable of making their own decisions. I don't care about Angelina Jolie one way or the other, but it annoyed me when people called her a home wrecker and man stealer. Like Brad was incapable of turning down her advances.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

Oh, that's right. I remember reading something about that after they split. I hate it when people say someone "stole" their partner. Like you (and Aisha :)) said, not only was the person never yours if they strayed, they're not objects. They're a human being capable of making their own decisions. I don't care about Angelina Jolie one way or the other, but it annoyed me when people called her a home wrecker and man stealer. Like Brad was incapable of turning down her advances.

Exactly, relationships are complicated and only the people who are in the relationship know what went down..

• Love 3

Iyanla, I have a challenge for you. Try to fix Sharon's life... and walk away with your sanity.

I'm not familiar with Edgar Ramirez, but I'm pleased to make his acquaintance. That clip from his telenovela days was hot.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I'm not familiar with Edgar Ramirez, but I'm pleased to make his acquaintance. That clip from his telenovela days was hot.

I'm not familiar with him either, but I'd gladly become intimately familiar, ifyouknowwhatImean!  (and I think you do!)

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, sugarbaker design said:

He is killing it on American Crime Story.

I need to check that out On Demand. I watched the first two episodes of the O.J. one, but lost track with it after that. Not because it was bad, but because I'm not as good at keeping up with shows like I used to be.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, slasherboy said:

I'm not familiar with him either, but I'd gladly become intimately familiar, ifyouknowwhatImean!  (and I think you do!)

I sure do, chile. ;)

Um, what was Sharon doing in Hugh Hefner's bathrobe today?

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, sugarbaker design said:

He is killing it on American Crime Story.

I really feel like this comment deserves a rim shot.  Killing it?  American Crime Story?  I'll let myself out.

PS I know he doesn't play a killer on ACS. 

• Love 4

For the Tic Tax Toe game it the Toe part should have been about shoes! These ladies know a thing or two about high priced shoes (meaning I would have posed a question about Keds sneakers or Buster Browns). 

• Love 2

I was with Sheryl regarding the alimony payments. No way am I paying my hubby's alimony. No way....Never....Over my dead body.

I was surprised the other ladies disagreed with her. Is it true that the alimony is now the wife's debt too because they're married? 

(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 11:19 PM, rmcrae said:

Was that before she met her British husband? ;) 

Yes, Eve was a stripper when she was young—late teens, early twenties. This was before her rap career and acting career. She seems happy with her husband, and Inhope the show works out for her. 

I still miss Aisha, though.  but she came in with a lot more hosting credits than Eve did. And Aisha had been a frequent guest on Bill Mahr’s show, so she’d learned to express her opinions succinctly and to interact with a panel. God, she was a treasure. But she seems to be doing what makes her happy. 

ETA: I know Aisha wasn’t always succinct, but she knew how to organize the thoughts in her head and express them as intellligent sentences. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, topanga said:

Yes, Eve was a stripper when she was young—late teens, early twenties. This was before her rap career and acting career. She seems happy with her husband, and Inhope the show works out for her. 

I still miss Aisha, though.  but she came in with a lot more hosting credits than Eve did. And Aisha had been a frequent guest on Bill Mahr’s show, so she’d learned to express her opinions succinctly and to interact with a panel. God, she was a treasure. But she seems to be doing what makes her happy. 

ETA: I know Aisha wasn’t always succinct, but she knew how to organize the thoughts in her head and express them as intellligent sentences. 

I miss Aisha too. Will she be guest hosting or back at the table as a guest anytime soon?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I was with Sheryl regarding the alimony payments. No way am I paying my hubby's alimony. No way....Never....Over my dead body.

I was surprised the other ladies disagreed with her. Is it true that the alimony is now the wife's debt too because they're married? 

Your spouse's debt is yours as well. My cousin had to pay her husband's child support. He cheated on her and got his side piece pregnant and he lost his job. The baby still had to eat, so, the judge told her that her husband's debts were hers, as well. She was fit to be tied. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Your spouse's debt is yours as well. My cousin had to pay her husband's child support. He cheated on her and got his side piece pregnant and he lost his job. The baby still had to eat, so, the judge told her that her husband's debts were hers, as well. She was fit to be tied. 

Ouch!

• Love 2

But didn't he incur that debt before the marriage as a result of divorce proceedings with his 1st wife? 

I thought income and debt that u had BEFORE marriage were not considered community property. 

11 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

But didn't he incur that debt before the marriage as a result of divorce proceedings with his 1st wife? 

I thought income and debt that u had BEFORE marriage were not considered community property. 

Child support is an ongoing matter. It could be that he defaulted payment after his divorce and during his new marriage. It just blows that men sire many children but they rarely can afford them. Who ends up with the responsibility of physically caring and supporting them? The mother of course. Case in point (also discussed these past few days on the show) is Tori Spelling and Dean McDermot. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, topanga said:

Oh, I know. I thought Blissfool was being sarcastic since Eve's mentioned being a stripper on the show once before. That's why I added the "British husband" part. Lol.

You're spot-on about Aisha's ability to express herself in a concise way. I also liked that she wasn't a know-it-all doing so. She's smart but is also willing to poke fun at herself.

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I miss Aisha too. Will she be guest hosting or back at the table as a guest anytime soon?

I get the feeling she'll be back in the summer when Julie's busy with BB and Sharon is hopefully away doing whatever.

• Love 2

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I really didn't know! I watch daily, but clearly I tuned out the time she had mentioned this before. 

And then today she said she has a DUI. Me:?

Clearly, she's hell-bent on shocking me this week.

But I DO know her husband is British. Can't shock me there, Eve!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I really didn't know! I watch daily, but clearly I tuned out the time she had mentioned this before. 

And then today she said she has a DUI. Me:?

Clearly, she's hell-bent on shocking me this week.

But I DO know her husband is British. Can't shock me there, Eve!

Say what now? I missed the first few minutes of yesterday's show and I clearly missed a lot.

Ava DuVernay and Storm Reid's interview seemed too short to me. They should've been given two segments instead of the Jackson's half-sister.

• Love 1

The ladies were discussing the OJ interview today. Julie had caught some of it ands she was saying that the interviewer gave OJ the name “Charlie” to use for the person that was allegedly with Mr Simpson at the time of the murders. I read somewhere (dang if I can’t recall now) that it was OJ’s son who was with him. The boy had a problem with Nicole maybe seeing other men (though the story goes that Ron Goldman was only returning sunglasses and not necessarily dating her).  OJ getting all this attention just turns my stomach. Sheryl stated that she refused to watch the interview and saw 60 minutes instead. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

The ladies were discussing the OJ interview today. Julie had caught some of it ands she was saying that the interviewer gave OJ the name “Charlie” to use for the person that was allegedly with Mr Simpson at the time of the murders. I read somewhere (dang if I can’t recall now) that it was OJ’s son who was with him. The boy had a problem with Nicole maybe seeing other men (though the story goes that Ron Goldman was only returning sunglasses and not necessarily dating her).  OJ getting all this attention just turns my stomach. Sheryl stated that she refused to watch the interview and saw 60 minutes instead. 

I told myself I wouldn't bother with OJ's interview, but it sucked me in and by the end of it I regretted giving it ratings. He's such a disgusting excuse for a human being and all that maniacal laughter creeped me the hell out. I feel for both the Brown and Goldmans, but my heart especially goes to his two kids with Nicole. Hopefully at the end of his life he'll have Lucifer's attention for all eternity when he fries his sorry ass.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

OJ's son had an airtight alibi. He was at work, as a chef, at the time of the double murders.  Charlie is OJ, he used that name to disassociate himself from what he did..

• Love 3

Due to the Double Jeopardy amendment (5th) we may never know. I do think that his “speculative version” might prompt some investigating to who this new person is, if indeed there was an accomplice. Frankly OJ thrives on attention and I don’t want to see us feeding the beast. I get this is a major story but they should leave it to the network news and focus on the celebrity gossip and snark we like. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Due to the Double Jeopardy amendment (5th) we may never know. I do think that his “speculative version” might prompt some investigating to who this new person is, if indeed there was an accomplice. Frankly OJ thrives on attention and I don’t want to see us feeding the beast. I get this is a major story but they should leave it to the network news and focus on the celebrity gossip and snark we like. 

Agreed. I'm glad that they stuck to their guns by not watching and giving it ratings.

Tomorrow's episode is the last for the week because of March Madness. Doesn't hurt going out with the very handsome Josh Duhamel.

I turned the show on in the middle of Sheryl talking about forgiving her abusers. What story were they discussing that led to that?

Julie, it's not difficult to say Tamera's name. 

Speaking of the Emmy noms, nothing for Wendy! WOOT! 

• Love 3

Sheryl had been discussing how she was abused and raped as a smal child. The segment had to do with in order to finally feel free some women chose to forgive their abusers and let it go. Dang I can’t remember who they originally began this discussion with (some star) but the jest is how to forgive is to free yourself of all the hate, resentment etc that can be carried through life after said terrible experience. Sheryl has shared this experience on the show before and it sadly brings her to tears each time. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Dang I can’t remember who they originally began this discussion with (some star) 

The stars were Chrissy Metz and Tina Turner.  They forgave their abusers so the question was asked of the panel.  

Speaking of the Emmy noms, nothing for Wendy! WOOT! 

Forget Wendy, how in the world did The Real get an Emmy nomination?  That show is like a SNL sketch.  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sheryl had been discussing how she was abused and raped as a smal child. The segment had to do with in order to finally feel free some women chose to forgive their abusers and let it go. Dang I can’t remember who they originally began this discussion with (some star) but the jest is how to forgive is to free yourself of all the hate, resentment etc that can be carried through life after said terrible experience. Sheryl has shared this experience on the show before and it sadly brings her to tears each time. 

6 hours ago, A.J. said:

The stars were Chrissy Metz and Tina Turner.  They forgave their abusers so the question was asked of the panel.   

Thanks for answering, you guys. I can't remember who said it, but I remember a quote that said holding on to resentment is like swallowing poison and hoping the other person dies. Forgiveness is easier said than done, but you're freeing yourself by releasing the anger and hatred. I hope Sheryl writes a book one day.

The Real was a mess the first few months of their first season, but they've come a long way since then. Plus they actually show up to work and don't talk out of their asses. Lol.

• Love 3
On 3/24/2018 at 9:28 AM, Jaded said:

For anyone who doesn't follow the thread for Sara here she's going to be on The View with Roseanne and John Goodman on Tuesday.

If only The Talk and The View had an exchange program, so when Sara shows up on The View, The Talk could get a day of Megan McCain!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

If only The Talk and The View had an exchange program, so when Sara shows up on The View, The Talk could get a day of Megan McCain!

Don't you speak that into existence! I don't want Megan's RBF on my screen, thank you very much! Lol.

Mark McGrath was surprisingly subdued (for him), but I'm glad Carnie's filling in tomorrow.

• Love 4
On 3/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, rmcrae said:

The Real was a mess the first few months of their first season, but they've come a long way since then. Plus they actually show up to work and don't talk out of their asses. Lol.

Those ladies are very annoying.  I can take Tamera and I've always liked Loni.  However, the other two really irritate me.  And Tamar was the worst!   

• Love 1

Sara with Roseann and John were on the View today talking about the new Roseann show. Whoopi was her usual unprofessional self with Joy asking the interesting questions. I couldn't help thinking that Sara was glad she isn't on that show. Not the biggest Julie fan but she is a much better moderator than Whoopi.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, rcc said:

Sara with Roseann and John were on the View today talking about the new Roseann show. Whoopi was her usual unprofessional self with Joy asking the interesting questions. I couldn't help thinking that Sara was glad she isn't on that show. Not the biggest Julie fan but she is a much better moderator than Whoopi.

I liked seeing the two Saras together. Now if The View wants to trade a co-host for a day, please send her or Sunny. Or better yet, Joy.  Let her and Mrs. O face off. ;)

• Love 6
On 3/26/2018 at 9:55 PM, rmcrae said:

Don't you speak that into existence! I don't want Megan's RBF on my screen, thank you very much! Lol.

Mark McGrath was surprisingly subdued (for him), but I'm glad Carnie's filling in tomorrow.

What's RBF?  Trying to figure it out but nothing clicks.  Thanks!