Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Code Yellow

• Start Topic

I wasn't looking fwd to Deke... But it was fun seeing him... His framework fantasy was exactly what I'd expect of him... And of course he has an Asian GF now..  Way to stay in brand... Also loved the ending with the GF and her social media story... Good fights and some movement on the motive for the sarge and his crew... All in all good stuff

• Love 12

The Social Media girl's story was hilarious- especially the bit of Deke and Mac arguing in the background while she was standing with her new hero.

I like Deke, but I wasn't crazy about this episode.  I don't know that I like this zombie bat/bird story is too dark.  I like it when AoS is lighter.  

And I forbid any framework.  I've had enough framework/LMDs to last me a lifetime.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

Bye, Keller. We hardly knew you. I wonder which of the remaining new guys we should have on death watch.

I hope Khan stays around... Too bad about Keller he was a stand up dude.. But I guess the show has enough stand up dudes so he had to go... This show kept Deke.. Hunter and Ward on way too long... And killed off Tripp Keller and that cool inhuman kid.. Also Lincoln... Shame

• Love 9

Yep, AoS is going into the territory of "We Don't Give Any Fucks, Flying Or Otherwise." Seriously, Deke comes back to show us he is still the absolute worst, and an agent gets killed after he swallows an alien pterodactyl. Seriously, the thing just popped right into Keller's mouth, easy-peasy. That's straight-up Legends of Tomorrow shit.

Seriously, if Fitz and Simmons wind up having that daughter and eventually inhibit her from having kids of her own, that might be for the best. Fitz seemed to have grown one dimension by the end of last season, and he lost it in the past year. At least he lost Sequoia the Social Media Influencer in the end. She seemed vacuous, but she could have done sooooooo much better than Deke. And now, the dumb bastard will probably be leaving out fruit on Sequoia's doorstep.

At least May had an awesome fight with Psycho Knife Lady. Of course, Fake Coulson nabs her in the end. Have we thought of derogatory nicknames for him? I vote "Foulson." One letter gets changed and the pronunciation is different. Simple.

Two weeks? What's next week? The NBA Finals?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Two weeks? What's next week? The NBA Finals?

Yes game 4 and ABC is the broadcast network so it is not a case of just running and hiding from a potential  ratings hit.

Once the shotgun ax came out I was pretty sure Deke had a framework game going. But then with that company and Mack's organization with Agent Khan acting like Black Widow with Stark I can't help but think that one year is too soon and five years would have fit better.

In any case this episode was more of what I was looking for in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. than Fear and Loathing. This was an A+ and part of me wants to immediately watch it again.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

At least May had an awesome fight with Psycho Knife Lady. Of course, Fake Coulson nabs her in the end. Have we thought of derogatory nicknames for him? I vote "Foulson." One letter gets changed and the pronunciation is different. Simple.

How about Coolson cause he has the look you want to rock at Coachella.

I think it is a good idea to split up the show into two distinct story lines that gives them plenty of time to shoot the episodes and add in tons of great special effects.

I blame Yo-Yo, right after she says she was so startled she didn't have time to act, she stands around and watches her boyfriend "deep throat" an alien pterodactyl. She has super speed and hands that you won't worry about if they have to grab a hold of an intergalactic bat.

• Love 15

Oh, hey, Deke is back.  Can't say I was yearning for his return, but I'm curious to see how he fits into all of this.  Totally not surprised that he is using all of his knowledge from the future to stay ahead of the game, and has basically become some kind of Silicon Valley-like tycoon.  And, of course, he created a Framework game that makes himself a badass and ends with him getting hit on by a seductive Daisy, which is wrong on so many levels, but a) Chloe Bennett seemed to be having fun vamping it up and b) Mack's face when he discovered all of that was the greatest image to ever be on on screen!

Sheesh, I figured Keller was probably destined for a tragic fate, but they sure disposed of him quickly.  And even had Yo-Yo have to be the one to put him down.  It really sucks to have a romantic life on this show!

Melinda vs. Brooke Williams' crazy knife lady was great, but I knew it was going to end with Sarge popping up out of nowhere.  So, now Melinda is a prisoner.  Of course, since Sarge isn't Coulson, he probably doesn't know just how dangerous she can be!

• Love 7

As @AnimeMania said, I don't know why Yo-Yo was just standing there watching that...bat...thing...fly into Keller's mouth.  Like, it was working its way into him for a good ten seconds, infinitely longer than she'd need to snatch it out of his mouth.  Also, they should've just shot the damn thing the second it flinched inside the dead guy.  That whole plot was stupid.

That was pretty cold of Agent Khan to get with Sequoia that quickly, but I guess he doesn't give two shits about Deke (and why would he?), and boy, did she trade wayyyyyyyy up.

tenor.gif?itemid=4871135

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

That was pretty cold of Agent Khan to get with Sequoia that quickly, but I guess he doesn't give two shits about Deke (and why would he?), and boy, did she trade wayyyyyyyy up.

tenor.gif?itemid=4871135

Too bad Not!Coulson will probably kill Khan with an exploding Genesis device....

• Love 1

Deke still loves lemons.  There was a lemon photo, and lemons on a desk.  Agent Khan was also wearing a lemon shirt.  Good of the show to give some love to lemons, lemons kick ass.

I want to see more of Deke's framework, and Mack reacting to it.  You could make that an entire episode.

• Love 9

Not!Coulson and crew tracked and killed an infected host.....and are tracking Deke because he has useful intel [but not infected].... so he and his crew are "M.I.B. Twisted"?

• Love 1

Man, poor Keller couldn't get past his third episode before he was disposed of. Really, show? I know you only have 13 episodes but we're only on episode 4. What was the purpose of Keller if you were going to kill him off so quickly? Poor Keller. He deserved a lot better. We didn't even really get to see Keller with Elena, so unless he's somehow coming back (I dunno how, man; Psycho Knife Girl keeps talking about butterflies so...), he was a completely pointless character. That's why I gave no shits about Elena having to kill him. We NEVER SAW THEM TOGETHER. They gave me about two minutes of screentime total for me to care about Elena having to kill her secret boyfriend. It didn't work. I just felt bad for Keller in general. He had potential.

Who else is pointless? Deke's girlfriend. Yes, I get that that was the co-creator playing Sequoia. I understand she was having a blast getting to cameo in her own show. I still thought she was completely pointless.

Man, those first couple of minutes of Framework Deke reminded me how badass he was BEFORE the second half of season 5, when they turned him into a complete braindead damsel. It seems like Deke is now only there to provide comedic relief, none of which I actually laughed for. 

Khan was great but they ruined him with their end scene. Sorry, but him getting together with Annoying Sequoia was a bad look on him. Shame, because I liked him up until then. 

So, Foolson captures May, I guess because he wants to find out more about Coulson, and she's too good at thwarting their plans. 

• Love 8

Given real world events I was surprised that the episode wasn't pulled at the last minute. With only three episodes shown ABC probably has a short bench and no reserves.

It's too bad about Yo'-yo's boyfriend-I figured he had hung around long enough to not die this quickly. I liked his character. Of course, he was staning in the way of Yo-yo and Mack's eventual reunion of course.  What exactly would have happened if she hadn't mercifully killed him?

I'm really curious to find out what the deal is with Sarge's crew, what their motives are, and why exactly we have essentially a Coulsen clone walking around.  What does he want with May?

I wasn't that thrilled to see Deke show up, but it was worth it to lead to Mack's expression upon finding out about Deke's framework thing, and the all-sexed up Daisy.

• Love 3

Oh, yay, Deke's back. He's in the running for the most annoying character in the entire 'verse. I know the actor was promoted to main cast so he has plot armor, but I found myself screaming at the tv like Daffy Duck. I just wanted anyone and everyone to kill Deke and put him out of my misery. Instead, I was the one who felt like he kept getting shot. 

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Man, those first couple of minutes of Framework Deke reminded me how badass he was BEFORE the second half of season 5, when they turned him into a complete braindead damsel. It seems like Deke is now only there to provide comedic relief, none of which I actually laughed for. 

This. I liked Deke when he first appeared on the show. Now, not at all.

I'm going to miss Keller. He was a character w/ potential. I liked how he approached Mack. Ready to fight for Elena. Only not physically b/c Mack is a huge guy. Right there w/ you buddy. 

13 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I blame Yo-Yo, right after she says she was so startled she didn't have time to act, she stands around and watches her boyfriend "deep throat" an alien pterodactyl. She has super speed and hands that you won't worry about if they have to grab a hold of an intergalactic bat.

When I wasn't begging for someone to kill Deke, I was wondering the same thing. Use your damn speed and robotic arms Yo-Yo. 

Mo was funny as Sequoia. Not a necessary character, but at least I enjoyed her when she was on screen. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sequoia and her Instagram story at the end had me dying! I especially loved her saying she wanted to borrow Snows outfit for Coachella next year! And Mack and Deke arguing in the background when she was all over her new hero. 

Of course Deke used all his future knowledge to become some kind of tech millionaire. I guess I am happy he didnt get erased from existence, but the highlight of his appearance was totally his over the top holosuite. 

So are Sarge and his people hunting these creepy bat things and killing them? And they thought that Deke was one because he seems to not fit into this world, but because he is from the future, not a possessed bat person?

Poor Keller, I liked him for what he saw of him and he and Yo Yo seemed like a nice couple. His death was pretty inevitable, but I was hoping he could live a little bit longer. And that death looked seriously nasty, those bat parasites are gross. I also wonder why Yo Yo couldn't have pulled that thing out of his mouth, it was wiggling in there for a few seconds at least, and she has super speed AND robot hands! 

I am happy that this season is a bit less bleak and depressing than the last few seasons, and has some funny scenes and bits. While I like some drama in my shows, its nice to get some lightness after such unrelenting misery for so long. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12

Yes! May is the prettiest butterfly.

The look on Mack's face towards Deke was funny.

Poor Yo-Yo and Deke (Sequoia probably had eyes for Mack first, then turned to Trevor)!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Raja said:

Given real world events I was surprised that the episode wasn't pulled at the last minute. With only three episodes shown ABC probably has a short bench and no reserves.

Blindspot had a far worse shooting that wasn't pulled last night.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well that wasn't as a bad as I first thought it was going to be. I'm not a Deke fan and fast-forwarded most of the beginning of this episode basically until he was meeting with evil-coulson (going to call him that). I didn't see that his friend was going to be an agent but I guess that makes sense. The stuff which girl friend was funny and I was glad she seems to be just as dumb as she was portrayed and not an agent too. The question I had is where the heck did Deke get money to start a tech company. It would have made sense if he had a job at one (with Shield giving him a fake id). But having his own would draw to much attention and make no sense as he has no money?

The stuff with the bird was also very predictable. As soon as the guy started talking to Mack about his relationship with YoYo I knew he was dead this episode. I didn't get why YoYo didn't try to grab the bird out of his mouth with her ability. All she had to do was grab the bird when it was hanging out of his mouth. She would be faster than it so it wouldn't have time to escape or attack her. At there was also a noticeable amount of time before it went all away in. It was like they forgot about her power then in the next scene the writers went oh yeah shes fast lets have her use it now instead. The more I think about this the more it bothers me. They should have had her attempt this and have it be like a gould where it's head escapes into him anyway.

Anyhow, kind of a meh episode  at best. The whole time I was wanting to get back to the space group.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Raja said:

I didn't even think of that until reading this post. It's really sad that we live in a world where this is so common place that I didn't even think about it because there has been so many. I think they could have at least said something either before or after. Unless they did, I watched it on hulu.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well, my first thought when I saw that bird/bat thing was to 1)contain it 2)put on hazard suits. Elena has been through enough with Shield that she should have been making comments about how they had no idea what this thing was and should have never assumed it was dead. Come on, LMD wasn’t that long ago, always make sure the dead thing is dead.

I’m not surprised Deke went the self-serving douche route, and I am disappointed by it. Writers, there has to be a reason, that you are making the grandson of FitzSimmons to be so unlike FitzSimmons? Still hoping Nick Blood is brought back for a Grandson of FitzSimmons reveal scene.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 2

It probably won't happen, but it would be great for Deke to level-up and become more of a hero or a bad-ass fighter instead of Inept comic relief.  

I didn't know Social Media Girlfriend was a BTS producer or whatever.  Interesting.  I wonder why they chose/wrote/whatever this role for her.

• Love 2

I kinda thought Keller was a red shirt, but also liked him enough to hope he could stick around.  Oh well.  I do hope Agent Khan stays.  He was a fun twist.

I'm meh on Deke, but this does seem like the sort of thing he would do with his knowledge.  I rolled my eyes so hard at Framework!Daisy.  Mack's face was perfect.

I had no idea Maurissa Tancharoen was Sequoia.  That makes the character much funnier to me.

14 hours ago, paigow said:

.... so he and his crew are "M.I.B. Twisted"? 

Seems that way.  Given that Keller was about to go nuclear, the video of world destruction last episode may have been the pteradactyl parasites winning.  If so, this makes Fauxlson much more antihero than big bad.  However, they are still leaving a pretty significant trail of bodies.

Clark Gregg has a good fake smile.

1 hour ago, Jack Kerouac said:

Is anyone else seriously bored with the crazy knife chick stereotype? 

Little bit.  If she's not getting any development, I'd rather her be in the background.

• Love 3

Are they bringing back Agent Khan the hottie? Please bring back Agent Khan and let him live😍😍😍

Really enjoyed this episode. The Deke shenanigans, Sequoia and her Instagram story all balanced out the horror dinosaur bird thing. And of course there was Agent Khan 😍😍😍

Chloe Bennet looked like she was having so much fun in the framework. Hilarious.

This season has delivered some of the best comedic moments in the entire series. Mack's face when he saw Framework Daisy is going on my growing list of best comedic moments. His expression was pure platinum.

I'm enjoying this season more than last season. Last season was all doom and gloom. They've mixed it up with lighter moments this season. While I still feel the tension I appreciate the laughs. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:

. Is anyone else seriously bored with the crazy knife chick stereotype?

Yeah shes unpleasant without anything sympathetic to hang it on, although this episode made a start. 

Sarge’s group reminds me of the AoS team enough so there is one guy I originally thought was Fitz in makeup. The Mac guy is white, I don’t mean exactly. So knife chick is the May analogue and I thought that was a good bit in this episode, their fight. ‘Boys and their toys’. It seems to imply that our now confirmed antihero Sarge is enough Coulson not only to have the name vaguely ring a bell but to make up a very similar team. Hmmmmm, if I’m right. 

So someone upstream. Ok let me look. Can’t find it. Sorry.

Yeah Deke would need years, five?,  to get to whee he was. Although using his knowledge of future, alien, secret tech to become a big shot is a great idea and totally meshes with his past, personality and skillset. First learning social norms. Then the tech has gotta need stuff that doesn’t exist yet. 

Loved their new doctor who needs a refresher at shield University. But he is doing great, all things considered. Hindsight he wouldn’t remove the knife from the bat. 

I enjoyed this. I feel like I can piece together a theory of what is happening. Maybe a wrong theory but hell, i like it. 

• Love 5

I didn't love this episode. In fact about 15-20 min in I came on here and typed out a rant. Then I erased it and watched the rest. One of the things in my rant was about how there's no way Deke could have this successful tech company in the amount of time that has passed. However, one thing I did find clever was Deke trying to invent better tasting food pellets. He's like, if my future still happens at least I'll have better food!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

owever, one thing I did find clever was Deke trying to invent better tasting food pellets. He's like, if my future still happens at least I'll have better food!!

That taste you can’t forget. 

• LOL 9

I enjoyed this episode, but I'm torn on how they're separating the storylines. I missed seeing the Daisy-Fitz-Simmons-Enoch contingent. 

Yo-yo is my least favorite character, so I have no investment in her romantic angst. As soon as what's his name swallowed the bat, I was like, "Of course." Now we'll have to watch her angry-mourn him and Mack comfort her and *yawn.* I like Mack when he's in director-mode and everyman-what-the-hell-mode. I'm not a fan of him paired with Yo-yo.

I have fond memories of Brook Williams from 12 Monkeys, so I'm willing to give her knife-girl some leeway, but yeah. That crazytown is beginning to wear on me some. I'm very, very glad they haven't gone the creepy route of linking her and Coulson romantically. 

Personally, I like Deke and would enjoy seeing him grow into a better man. I hope we get to see eventual interaction between him and Fitz and Simmons and that they help him mature. I liked his storyline and can totally see him being a rising star, fast-mover in tech startup. He's a survivor and a player, so I can imagine him wowing/manipulating investors in that industry. He and Sequoia were hilarious together. I loved when he went to get her and she tried to bring the bobo drinks with them and he was all, "Uh. I think maybe we could leave those here." Also loved the Agent Khan reveal. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bethy said:

I enjoyed this episode, but I'm torn on how they're separating the storylines

For me, the show is strongest when they are all TOGETHER.  I think it’s more fun. 

Since the Snap, I’ve decided that in any Marvel Universe, it’s best not to poke at the Cranky and Illogical Timeline.  So Deke is suddenly a Silicon Valley Style huge company?  Sure....why not? 

• Love 2

I hear it's harder these days for Silicon Valley types to get blank checks from venture capitalists but I can completely buy Deke Shaw pulling it off.  With his future tech knowledge and his *ahem* entrepreneurial spirit, he would be in his element.  I imagine he moved right in to the building of some failed startup. The Instagram girlfriend was both funny and annoying. At the same time, usually. (Also, I love lemon graphics.) 

Keeping the various teams apart would be easier to take if we had a full season.  ☹️ 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

I hear it's harder these days for Silicon Valley types to get blank checks from venture capitalists but I can completely buy Deke Shaw pulling it off.  With his future tech knowledge and his *ahem* entrepreneurial spirit, he would be in his element.  I imagine he moved right in to the building of some failed startup. The Instagram girlfriend was both funny and annoying. At the same time, usually. (Also, I love lemon graphics.) 

Keeping the various teams apart would be easier to take if we had a full season.  ☹️ 

I was going with option B. That like Fury had his secret slush fund that he left to Coulson SHIELD is the backer. With their non governmental investment being a  source of funds should Big SHIELD fall for a third time.

• Useful 2
On 6/1/2019 at 6:31 AM, paigow said:

Not!Coulson and crew tracked and killed an infected host.....and are tracking Deke because he has useful intel [but not infected].... so he and his crew are "M.I.B. Twisted"?

They are tracking people who "don't belong".  Deke comes up as someone who doesn't belong but scans differently.

I am thinking the other Coulson is going to recognize someone currently in space and that is when we will get an explanation of what is going on.

• Love 1
(edited)

RIP Keller, we hardly knew ye. You weren't together very long Yo Yo's reaction was heartbreaking.

Oh Deke, you rascal.  Others may not but I enjoy your inept dipshit ways.

The expression on Mack's face when he saw Deke's Framework version of Daisy was the best.

The fight between May and Knife Girl was nicely brutal. I was soooooo hoping May would end her.

Mo Tancheron's character was hilarious.

More Agent Khan/Trevor.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

They are tracking people who "don't belong".  Deke comes up as someone who doesn't belong but scans differently.

I am thinking the other Coulson is going to recognize someone currently in space and that is when we will get an explanation of what is going on.

And Deke is a “talker”. Well yeah.  A lot of emphasis was placed on tbis. Does it just mean he will blab about aliens or is it something else?

24 minutes ago, Affogato said:

And Deke is a “talker”. Well yeah.  A lot of emphasis was placed on tbis. Does it just mean he will blab about aliens or is it something else?

I just took it as someone who will talk if interrogated with useful information. He had already explained Coulson and SHIELD was an organization willing and able to wipe the memory of its soldiers 

6 hours ago, Affogato said:

On second viewing it seems like some of the body snatched are able to talk, while others like Simcoe don't

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 1:47 AM, NUguy514 said:

As @AnimeMania said, I don't know why Yo-Yo was just standing there watching that...bat...thing...fly into Keller's mouth.  Like, it was working its way into him for a good ten seconds, infinitely longer than she'd need to snatch it out of his mouth.  Also, they should've just shot the damn thing the second it flinched inside the dead guy.  That whole plot was stupid.

tenor.gif?itemid=4871135

I think it was foreshadowed by Mac talking about how being on a team with someone you love will make you be in less than top form.  She froze because she cared so deeply about him. 

Edited by MJS
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 2:57 AM, Jediknight said:

I want to see more of Deke's framework, and Mack reacting to it.  You could make that an entire episode.

Seriously.  The entire episode was worth Mack's reaction to Deke's framework.  

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

On rewatch, I have to believe that FitzSimmons would never have autopsied that guy out of quarantine. At least as soon they found a freaking bat inside the body.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, bethy said:

On rewatch, I have to believe that FitzSimmons would never have autopsied that guy out of quarantine. At least as soon they found a freaking bat inside the body.

It is reminding me of the new FBI series on CBS.  After years of shows upping the ante on such scenes all of the sudden you have ungloved agents just walking through crime scenes touching stuff again as if were 1970 and a Kojak episode. Part of the appeal of the show was supernatural stuff going on so Simmons suiting up and not depending on straight sci-fi protection of say Dr McCoy on Star Trek.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, bethy said:

This new guy he has no idea what be is doing. Simmons/fitz went through a procedural school for this. So yes dumb but its his first and he is freaked. It makes sense. It isn’t a plot hole.   

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Affogato said:

This new guy he has no idea what be is doing. Simmons/fitz went through a procedural school for this. So yes dumb but its his first and he is freaked. It makes sense. It isn’t a plot hole.   

Not a plot hole, just lazy film making. The Jefferson Parrish Medical Examiner on NCIS New Orleans takes more basic precautions on screen than Dr Benson and the SHIELD team has thus far.

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I didn't think it was a plot hole. I just think the new guy is really not good at his job and someone died because of it. 

Edited by bethy