Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Meet Rinna Jayne

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ugh, the old "looks good for her age" thing. Nice to know that I am at the age where I can only "look good" with a disclaimer attached! And as long as I am clearly well into being an adult, I will take advantage of it by doing and wearing whatever I like. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 16
(edited)
23 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Well, I just went back and looked at that clip about ten times where Mauricio supposedly looked at Farrah's ass.  To me, he's looking at the ground and takes a step back.  Farrah was wearing a costume with a bit of a train (it was longer in the back).  That, to me, was what he was looking at.  And not in any kind of 'suggested' manner.

I have never seen anything that would suggest that Mauricio is inappropriate with his children.  They all seem to love him very much and he seems like a great dad.  Farrah is working at his company as well as Sophia.

Agree with all this. I think it’s unfair Mauricio is always branded as this sleazy guy who cheats on his wife and checks out his own daughter. There’s never been any proof of him not being a great husband and father. I am not entirely sure about his business practices, but that’s another topic. 

Also, I totally disagree that you have to leave the skimpy costumes alone after 40, and certainly not 30! If you have stayed in shape, why not have fun on Halloween? I’m over 30, but still slim and get told I look like I’m in my 20’s. Kyle’s daughter Farrah just turned 30 and looked like a beautiful YOUNG woman in her costume. This whole attitude of being told you’re too young in your teens to be sexy, but as soon as you approach 30 you’re too old is sad. We get 10 years to dress sexy? What if we didn’t even like ourselves in our 20’s? So silly. I’ve never been a Playboy bunny or anything too outrageous myself, but I still wear stuff on the tastefully provocative side and like to think I pull it off. I have no plans on dressing like a nun or school teacher on Halloween anytime soon.

As for women Kyle’s age, I did make a comment about her “looking good for her age,” but to be clear, I think she looks damn good for any age! It’s just even less women her age have that body. She’s much older than me, and no judgments from this girl! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BluBrd47 said:

I actually really don’t either. All the lipo Kyle has had definitely paid off, she has a super cute figure now, but there are looks people over thirty much less forty shouldn’t rock at an all ages party. (You wanna do it at an “adult entertainment” party go crazy!!) Michelle Pfeiffer, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock all look great for their age and are in Kyle’s Hollywood demographic. I still don’t want to see them gallivanting in Playboy Bunny costumes at parties that kids are attending.

What I don't get is why Kyle is constantly yanking at her top or walking a wedgie out. Hasn't Mauricio scammed enough relatives and clients to afford Kyle some custom tailoring?? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Jel said:

I don't understand why anyone, regardless of age, would voluntarily wear a Playboy Bunny costume in 2018. It just seems very tone deaf to me, especially for a woman old enough to have lived though some of the glory days of sexism. I don't have a problem with a sexy costume, but Playboy Bunny and everything that represents? Just ew.

This I do agree with - I find that everything that Playboy stands for is pretty yucky. So I get objecting to using that costume for that purpose. I just don't think that there is anything wrong with a 50 year old woman wanting to present herself as sexy. 

• Love 7

For the record, my issue is with "sexy" Halloween. 

For ANY age.

Also.  While, I have my issue, I can also balance it with "whatever floats your boat".

But!  Last year, Kandi went as Sexy Clown from the movie It.  Sexy Nurse, Sexy Cat (I have yet to see a Sexy Dog), Sexy Firefighter, Sexy Witch.

For me?  It's an overload of "sexy" and not really sexy anymore.

Now get off my lawn!

Animated GIF

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

For ANY age.

Also.  While, I have my issue, I can also balance it with "whatever floats your boat".

But!  Last year, Kandi went as Sexy Clown from the movie It.  Sexy Nurse, Sexy Cat (I have yet to see a Sexy Dog), Sexy Firefighter, Sexy Witch.

Now get off my lawn!

Animated GIF

Yep, that’s what I was going for. Maybe it’s not an age thing after all. I just like being at the age where people are no longer going for how “sexy” or “hot” I am but now value who I am inside and gasp, maybe have a brain! If I want to dress like a tramp for Slutwalk I do. But in general I am past the age of wanting people to check out my ass. Again, I own my age shaming. Especially when it comes to Kyle 🙂

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

For ANY age.

Now get off my lawn!

Animated GIF

lol, we live at the end of a cul de sac in Canada, and I am about one more hockey puck flying past the net and hitting my garage door away from asking you if I can borrow your hose.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Yep, that’s what I was going for. Maybe it’s not an age thing after all. I just like being at the age where people are no longer going for how “sexy” or “hot” I am but now value who I am inside and gasp, maybe have a brain! If I want to dress like a tramp for Slutwalk I do. But in general I am past the age of wanting people to check out my ass. Again, I own my age shaming. Especially when it comes to Kyle 🙂

Kyle gets away with so much more than others do. She has a gift. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, dosodog said:

For ANY age.

Now get off my lawn!

Animated GIF

Yeah, I’m over “sexy Halloween” too, and I also think it was an odd choice of costume for your daughter’s birthday party. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Alex Trebek’s sexy dog costume:

alex trebek woof GIF by Jeopardy!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

From Camille's blog:

I guess it has come to the point that one cannot say nice things about Lisa without betraying the Puppygate Girl Gang. It appears that any positive words about LVP will put one in the doghouse, if not a kill shelter. This is surprising since some have been trying for weeks to get back in her good graces. 

What is she talking about here? is it just the Dorit lunch and Kyle's "I texted her"s that we have seen on the show, or does she know more than we do? I mean, I wouldn't describe "Just admit what you did and we will forgive you" as trying to get back into someone's good graces. To me, that's more, we'll let you back in, IF you do this.  More like get back in their good graces.  I can never tell with Camille. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, langford peel said:

Why would anyone think that a man who sleeps in a bed with his daughters until they go to high school could be inappropriate or creepy?

Look they are just a very close family amirite?

Too close for comfort (literally, as three people in one bed can't be all that comfortable). I don't know about it necessarily being creepy, but it's certainly weird AF, and I can't even fathom 20+ years of never having nighttime or morning nookie in one's own bed. Like, when were their girls conceived? On child-free vacations? Lunchtime quickies?

11 hours ago, film noire said:

People have been known to use a disorder to get attention; why not Kyle?

Yes, and she only has to look to her bestie Frankel for inspiration.

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ugh, the old "looks good for her age" thing.

Ugh x2. It implies that aging automatically means homeliness, which is ridiculous considering all the butt ugly young folk everywhere.

Edited by gritz
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, gritz said:

Ugh x2. It implies that aging automatically means homeliness, which is ridiculous considering all the butt ugly young folk everywhere.

Lol! I don’t personally say “good for age” often. I did with Kyle since she got criticized for her wearing the sexy costume at her age and embarrassing her kids. I know there are many women around Kyle’s age and older who are still beautiful and sexy! The Real Housewives in general are very good-looking women.

• Love 2

I have noticed a ton of Kyle shaming for her costume but no mention of Camille's outfit?  I personally thought both women looked great but Kyle has taken much more heat on this.  I know the whole 'Playboy Bunny' angle but in the big picture, it was a party, she looked pretty, her husband was fine with it so good for her.      

I honestly didn't notice LVP wasn't on the show last night until reading through this board! 

I was surprised at how Denise was with Kim, I would have expected her to be a little more of a peacemaker and not take such a hard stance.         

• Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, AnnieHeights said:

I have noticed a ton of Kyle shaming for her costume but no mention of Camille's outfit?  I personally thought both women looked great but Kyle has taken much more heat on this.  I know the whole 'Playboy Bunny' angle but in the big picture, it was a party, she looked pretty, her husband was fine with it so good for her.      

I honestly didn't notice LVP wasn't on the show last night until reading through this board! 

I was surprised at how Denise was with Kim, I would have expected her to be a little more of a peacemaker and not take such a hard stance.         

I agree about Kyle. I’m not sure what she gets away with that others don’t either. Not saying it hasn’t happened, just really can’t think of an example at the top of my head. Lately, it seems quite the opposite. LVP was given credit for supporting Kyle going to get a mammogram when it was the other way around, Kyle was said to have wanted another baby, when she actually said the factory is closed when Mauricio threw out the idea of having one! Even in the past, she’d get heat for stuff having to do with her sister. I’m not saying Kyle is perfect, but I think she’s a good person for the most part, and when she messes up, she gets her fair share of backlash. She got lots of flak for things like the limo scene season 1, her initial treatment of Brandi (especially Game Night), things she’s said to LVP, etc. 

I agree about Denise. She usually seems more gentle and not into the drama. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

"It's Tej, rhymes with page or rage." I am dead!

Wrong thread, Shawna (but it was one of the lines of the night for RHoNY, I agree ; )

@Jel  lol, we live at the end of a cul de sac in Canada, and I am about one more hockey puck flying past the net and hitting my garage door away from asking you if I can borrow your hose.  

...best get ready for next year's trick or treaters! Sexy Hockey Player is at the door and she wants some caaaaaaandy! 

hockey.jpg

I also hate the sexification of Halloween.  It used to be a holiday that allowed women to push back against the constant demand that women be sexually available/beautiful by dressing up/playing with powerful images that were considered unacceptable for women.  It's now starting to look like wall-to-wall strip club gear which ends up becoming the default esthetic - and what's left to be sexified? - Sexy Swaddled Newborn? Sexy Plague Victim? Sexy 16th Century Rat Catcher?

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

The more I think about it, the more I think that Erika really needs to weigh in on Rinna’s comments to Kim. Rinna clearly stated that she was “in character” as Erika. I can’t imagine that Erika is ok with that. She has been conspicuously silent. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, gritz said:

Too close for comfort (literally, as three people in one bed can't be all that comfortable). I don't know about it necessarily being creepy, but it's certainly weird AF, and I can't even fathom 20+ years of never having nighttime or morning nookie in one's own bed. Like, when were their girls conceived? On child-free vacations? Lunchtime quickies?

Make that four people,  Gritz!  I thought I missed something here (that they co-slept until the kids were in high school - which, wtf?) so I checked. Mauricio slept with Kyle and the girls until they turned 8 to 10, which  means they had two girls in bed with them at some point (Alexia,  born in 1996, Sophia, born in 2000, and Portia, 2008).  Co-sleeping that long seems off to me (as you say, their sexual privacy as a couple, and for the girls, no chance to learn about self-care/positive boundaries). I'm wondering if  Kyle  -- given how oddly she treated Portia in that bizarre morning routine --  didn't want to let them become more self sufficient ( sleep alone, dress themselves, eat a "normal" breakfast - as in, not brought to her in bed) versus the kids demanding to stay.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Also, I totally disagree that you have to leave the skimpy costumes alone after 40, and certainly not 30! If you have stayed in shape, why not have fun on Halloween? I’m over 30, but still slim and get told I look like I’m in my 20’s. Kyle’s daughter Farrah just turned 30 and looked like a beautiful YOUNG woman in her costume. This whole attitude of being told you’re too young in your teens to be sexy, but as soon as you approach 30 you’re too old is sad. We get 10 years to dress sexy? What if we didn’t even like ourselves in our 20’s? So silly. I’ve never been a Playboy bunny or anything too outrageous myself, but I still wear stuff on the tastefully provocative side and like to think I pull it off. I have no plans on dressing like a nun or school teacher on Hollywood anytime soon.

My issue with the costume isn't so much Kyle's age, it's that it was her daughter's birthday party.  I don't think Kyle had do go in a nun's habit, but, there's kind of a line, you know? In the same way that "people" say you shouldn't wear a trend when it comes back around if you wore it the first time, like I was a kid/teen in the late 80s/early 90s, so wore a ton of leggings and I'm not so much into the althleisure push.  It feels weird for me to wear leggings as anything other than lounge wear at home, I feel like I'm trying to wear my lazy clothes from college.  I sort of feel like Kyle being a Playboy bunny is trying to compete and make a statement with Farrah, when the day was supposed to be about her and her friends.  Kyle could have still done a really major costume, even with some sex/edge, but it didn't have to go THAT far.  

Also she could have made sure that it was something that actually fit her.

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree about Kyle. I’m not sure what she gets away with that others don’t either. Not saying it hasn’t happened, just really can’t think of an example at the top of my head. Lately, it seems quite the opposite. LVP was given credit for supporting Kyle going to get a mammogram when it was the other way around, Kyle was said to have wanted another baby, when she actually said the factory is closed when Mauricio threw out the idea of having one! Even in the past, she’d get heat for stuff having to do with her sister. I’m not saying Kyle is perfect, but I think she’s a good person for the most part, and when she messes up, she gets her fair share of backlash. She got lots of flak for things like the limo scene season 1, her initial treatment of Brandi (especially Game Night), things she’s said to LVP, etc. 

The thing is, though, in the case of LVP being given credit for supporting Kyle with the mammogram, it's not like LVP is running around saying she did it.  The reason people have that impression is because on the show this week, Kyle said "I took LVP with me to get one in the past"  She didn't say that she went with LVP when LVP got one.  She said it as she brought LVP with HER when she (Kyle) went to get one.  So it's not like people are just taking credit from Kyle for no reason, they're going by her own words.  Kyle has also said multiple times that she couldn't stop having kids, she'd start her career and then decide, oh, no time to have a baby! She just couldn't resist them, so she'd pop in and out and that's why her career was so disjointed.  Mauricio brought it up this time, but it's not really a crazy impression to have to think she might have wanted another one.  

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, film noire said:

Make that four people,  Gritz!  I thought I missed something here (that they co-slept until the kids were in high school - which, wtf?) so I checked. Mauricio slept with Kyle and the girls until they turned 8 to 10, which  means they had two girls in bed with them at some point (Alexia,  born in 1996, Sophia, born in 2000, and Portia, 2008).  Co-sleeping that long seems off to me (as you say, their sexual privacy as a couple, and for the girls, no chance to learn about self-care/positive boundaries). I'm wondering if  Kyle  -- given how oddly she treated Portia in that bizarre morning routine --  didn't want to let them become more self sufficient ( sleep alone, dress themselves, eat a "normal" breakfast - as in, not brought to her in bed) versus the kids demanding to stay.

I was only kidding when I said they where in High School when the daughters stopped sleeping in their beds but 8 to 10 is weird enough in my book.

Sexuality is a strange thing and it has to be confusing and I think a little creepy to have your daughter in your bed much past the age of 2. It is just not normal. But nowadays anything is normal and the most outre practices are celebrated and given a national holiday so what the hell do I know.

At least LVP only brings Giggy into the marital bed. He is old enough to handle it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I've never had a particularly strong opinion about Kyle one way or another, but I do feel like there's a particular psychological profile of a person who dresses as a Playboy bunny for her daughter's birthday party. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
(edited)
42 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I was only kidding when I said they where in High School when the daughters stopped sleeping in their beds but 8 to 10 is weird enough in my book.

Absolutely -  and it felt plausible enough to me (if also wtf) that Kyle kept the girls in bed with her and Mauricio until they were twelve/thirteen because that's how weird I find her parenting style. (That Portia scene was very unsettling; chronically babying a grown girl is not healthy, imo.)  Kyle's parenting style - at least as revealed on the show - makes me wonder if she's used the kids co-sleeping (since 1996)  as a calming mechanism for her, perhaps even more than for her kids.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, smores said:

My issue with the costume isn't so much Kyle's age, it's that it was her daughter's birthday party.  I don't think Kyle had do go in a nun's habit, but, there's kind of a line, you know? In the same way that "people" say you shouldn't wear a trend when it comes back around if you wore it the first time, like I was a kid/teen in the late 80s/early 90s, so wore a ton of leggings and I'm not so much into the althleisure push.  It feels weird for me to wear leggings as anything other than lounge wear at home, I feel like I'm trying to wear my lazy clothes from college.  I sort of feel like Kyle being a Playboy bunny is trying to compete and make a statement with Farrah, when the day was supposed to be about her and her friends.  Kyle could have still done a really major costume, even with some sex/edge, but it didn't have to go THAT far.  

The thing is, though, in the case of LVP being given credit for supporting Kyle with the mammogram, it's not like LVP is running around saying she did it.  The reason people have that impression is because on the show this week, Kyle said "I took LVP with me to get one in the past"  She didn't say that she went with LVP when LVP got one.  She said it as she brought LVP with HER when she (Kyle) went to get one.  So it's not like people are just taking credit from Kyle for no reason, they're going by her own words.  Kyle has also said multiple times that she couldn't stop having kids, she'd start her career and then decide, oh, no time to have a baby! She just couldn't resist them, so she'd pop in and out and that's why her career was so disjointed.  Mauricio brought it up this time, but it's not really a crazy impression to have to think she might have wanted another one.  

I get what you mean. I don't know if Farrah cared though. Some daughters don't need all the attention-like Pandora wanted Lisa to wear the crown on Pandora's wedding day. I'm not sure if Kyle was trying to compete. I think she's been taking care of herself, finally getting more confident, and enjoying her figure. She has a beautiful body, and I am happy for her that she doesn't feel like she has to walk around like Mrs. Roper. Life's too short for that! I love my mom, but she's a very conservative woman and not exactly built like Kyle and wouldn't be caught dead in a sexy costume. If she were that "milf" type and wanted to dress super sexy at a Hollywood party, I wouldn't care, even if it was my birthday party. Do I tend to prefer sexy costumes that aren't so in-your-face no matter your age? Yes, I personally do. My favorite costume was Rinna's for the record. I thought it was creative and funny. 

I'm not faulting LVP at all for anyone unaware that Kyle was the one supporting her and assuming incorrectly. I've just noticed that sometimes it seems Kyle can't do right even when she's been nothing but lovely, yet some say she gets away with a lot. I have watched the show since season 1, and I literally can't think of her getting away with anything-more having to take responsibility for stuff she hasn't even done. With the baby comments, those were season 1, almost a decade ago. They even showed the flashback to a much younger Kyle and Mauricio, and Kyle said to Mauricio herself, why didn't you want another baby years ago? Like, too late now! Big difference having a baby around 40 and around 50. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, smores said:

And this is where Teddi and Edwin did well, IMO. The Harley Quinn/Jared Leto Joker combo was well executed and whole heartedly done—plus, it was a little... well, not SCARY, but a little creepy, and also a little sexy (I mean, it’s no lap dance set to “Party in the USA,” but still).

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

The women lamenting over not getting a warning about Camille's comments in the article made me go and read the article myself. It was a few lines and she said nothing about the women. Why would they need a warning over that? It just reads as a group of women who have determined to stick together through this fiasco and any sign of dissent is cause for collective outrage. It's not like she contradicted herself. You can be understanding and respect someone's decision while still feeling a bit disappointed and hurt about that decision. It just means you aren't letting that decision dictate your relationship.

Rinna attends a party for Kyle's daughter, knows there's a guest list of 500 people and is shocked that Kyle's sister is one of those guests? All this 'give me a heads up' bullshit that these ladies across these franchises got going on is just ridiculous to me. If I'm having an event, unless there is genuinely bad blood between two people in my life, I owe neither a heads up unless I was inviting them to an intimate party where they would no doubt be stuck in each other's presence at all times.

Aaron's costume was basically a cape, lol. I will say that that Kyle really does put on the most diverse kinds of parties and she doesn't seem to spare expenses. I hope she splurges on real food as much as she does on decor and alcohol. I can't remember who had a party on the show and someone was complaining about how it was around dinner time and there was no actual meal or substantial food available, lol.

• Love 9
On 5/29/2019 at 1:24 AM, answerphone said:

Why did I fry some brain cells watching this hot mess tonight?

It  will be worse next week, IMO, because Brandi is there.   I may just skip it

• Love 14
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, smores said:

My issue with the costume isn't so much Kyle's age, it's that it was her daughter's birthday party.  I don't think Kyle had do go in a nun's habit, but, there's kind of a line, you know?  (snip for space)

Such an excellent post, smores.

Rinna attends a party for Kyle's daughter, knows there's a guest list of 500 people and is shocked that Kyle's sister is one of those guests? 

Amen. Rinna's arrogance in feeling she had the right to be given notice that some kinda "riff-raff"  (aka Kyle's own friggin' sister and Farrah's actual aunt) would be invited to a family event is jaw-dropping (some might even say cunty!) Who wouldn't just assume Kim was coming - and double-assume that since the party was being filmed? 

Filed under highly unlikely:  I don't think Kyle has this kind of sense of humour, but I did find it funny/ironic that the Playboy bunny costume* indirectly reffed the stuffed bunny from hell.

~the vulvartine rabbit!

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Absolutely -  and it felt plausible enough to me (if also wtf) that Kyle kept the girls in bed with her and Mauricio until they were twelve/thirteen because that's how weird I find her parenting style. (That Portia scene was very unsettling; chronically babying a grown girl is not healthy, imo.)  Kyle's parenting style - at least as revealed on the show - makes me wonder if she's used the kids co-sleeping (since 1996)  as a calming mechanism for her, perhaps even more than for her kids.

This might not be only about her parenting style.  It might be about her wifing style, if the persistent rumors about Mauricio going outside the marriage have any validity, and if she's known about them.  It's hard to imagine a more effective, and punitive, barrier against sex than a couple of little girls in bed between you and your husband.  Kind of awful to think about using your kids that way, but stranger things have happened.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

Camille's friend was totally sucking the last of the coke up into her nose and brushing up her nostrils when they were walking up that driveway.

Edwin looks so so creepy!

When I get my mammograms here in California, I wait while the radiologist looks at the picture and then she comes out and lets me know the results. Within probably about 5 minutes.

Denise is a badass. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

This I do agree with - I find that everything that Playboy stands for is pretty yucky. So I get objecting to using that costume for that purpose. I just don't think that there is anything wrong with a 50 year old woman wanting to present herself as sexy. 

I agree. I will admit that Kyle's costume did give me pause but not because I thought it was too revealing or inappropriate for her age. It just seemed a bit attention-seeking at an event that was meant to be celebrating her daughter's birthday. For me it felt like she chose that costume so that she could be the story of the night. That said, I do think she looked great.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ivygirl said:

And this is where Teddi and Edwin did well, IMO. The Harley Quinn/Jared Leto Joker combo was well executed and whole heartedly done—plus, it was a little... well, not SCARY, but a little creepy, and also a little sexy (I mean, it’s no lap dance set to “Party in the USA,” but still).

I know it’s gauche to quote yourself, but I missed the perfect opportunity to say that Teddi and Edwin really went ALL IN.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Jel said:

From Camille's blog:

I guess it has come to the point that one cannot say nice things about Lisa without betraying the Puppygate Girl Gang. It appears that any positive words about LVP will put one in the doghouse, if not a kill shelter. This is surprising since some have been trying for weeks to get back in her good graces. 

Puppygate Girl Gang - you go Camille! Loving her blog.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Rinna dressed like Erika Jayne to grab the attention.  Unlike the myriad of sexy nurses and vampires, Rinna’s costume said Look At Me, ME, ME!  The sad thing is that Rinna’s stick legs couldn’t even fill out the stretch boots.  It was more like anorexic Erika Jayne.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

I saw Camille give the morally corrupt Faye Resnick a hug.  It was soon after she suffered that hysterical fright Dracula? gave her (the best moment in the whole episode) so maybe she was still addled from that. 

What was TMCFR dressed as?? I love to hate her. I am shameless. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Jel said:

I don't understand why anyone, regardless of age, would voluntarily wear a Playboy Bunny costume in 2018. It just seems very tone deaf to me, especially for a woman old enough to have lived though some of the glory days of sexism. I don't have a problem with a sexy costume, but Playboy Bunny and everything that represents? Just ew.

I'm Kyle's age and never felt I lived through any period of glorified sexism.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/29/2019 at 4:16 PM, lizajane said:

I have had my own issues with anxiety over the last 30 years or so as well, so do understand it. I have just learned a bit about what triggers my anxiety and how to best manage it. I also recognize that everyone who experiences this is different, and am still exhausted by Kyle. Maybe I just don't like her very much.

If Kyle called to make an appointment for a mammogram, and they put her on hold, she’d experience anxiety and freak out. 

• LOL 2

The sexy nurse and Playboy Bunny costumes seem rather passé to me, but to each her own!  

19 hours ago, film noire said:

I also hate the sexification of Halloween.  It used to be a holiday that allowed women to push back against the constant demand that women be sexually available/beautiful by dressing up/playing with powerful images that were considered unacceptable for women.

Didn't Carole Radziwill once joke that Halloween was just an excuse to dress slutty?  I'd rather see originality rather than someone trying to out-slut someone else.  😉 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I think she was a sexy Harry Potter character. 

Thank you. It truly disturbs me that I rewound twice to see what TMCFR was wearing for Halloween. In my defense I was never a Harry Potter person. Agree with many posters though would rather go to my nephews’ Halloween parade and pass out candy then Farrahween. At least this way I can actually eat the candy and if I have to shove my fat ass into a costume a concealing ghost outfit will do.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The women lamenting over not getting a warning about Camille's comments in the article made me go and read the article myself. It was a few lines and she said nothing about the women. Why would they need a warning over that? It just reads as a group of women who have determined to stick together through this fiasco and any sign of dissent is cause for collective outrage. It's not like she contradicted herself. You can be understanding and respect someone's decision while still feeling a bit disappointed and hurt about that decision. It just means you aren't letting that decision dictate your relationship.

Rinna attends a party for Kyle's daughter, knows there's a guest list of 500 people and is shocked that Kyle's sister is one of those guests? All this 'give me a heads up' bullshit that these ladies across these franchises got going on is just ridiculous to me. If I'm having an event, unless there is genuinely bad blood between two people in my life, I owe neither a heads up unless I was inviting them to an intimate party where they would no doubt be stuck in each other's presence at all times.

Aaron's costume was basically a cape, lol. I will say that that Kyle really does put on the most diverse kinds of parties and she doesn't seem to spare expenses. I hope she splurges on real food as much as she does on decor and alcohol. I can't remember who had a party on the show and someone was complaining about how it was around dinner time and there was no actual meal or substantial food available, lol.

Thank you for stating your opinion so eloquently concerning the women and Camille's comments . They have no concept except for what's going on in their own heads. Kim is Kyle's sister , now why in the hell does she owe Rhinna a heads up for Kim attending the party? I hate to see Brandi returning to the show, I hope this is a Cameo for her and not a permanent position because if Brandi comes back " Imma have to cut a bitch"

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

Denise seems to be trying to hide her true self and is coming off as a stealth bitch.

Anyone who is besties with Rinna and Brandi has to be a piece of work. Damaged goods. 

I think it is very interesting that Eloise runs to Aaron in every scene when they both walk in the room. He gives off the primary caregiver vibe.

We will see what Denise is really like if she has a second season. That’s when the truth comes out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
On 5/29/2019 at 10:46 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I have no idea why but this sentence just made me yelp-laugh so loud! EVEN Dr. Phil, haha! Why this is funny, I have no idea but it IS!

Carry on!

I totally get it--when I was writing about what a nutcase Kim was, I was throwing everything in there but the kitchen sink, but even at the time I was writing "Kim even lied to Dr Phil," I was like WTF, who doesn't lie to Dr. Phil?  He is a pompous ass charlatan, who lies by omission, doesn't practice what he preaches, shills his wife's skincare bullshit while he's supposed to be helping people, and manipulates the outcome of the episode before it airs...hey, come to think of it, Dr Phil lives in LA.  Does he want to become a Housewife and replace, maybe, Teddi?

Tagline:. "When we come back from the eleventy billionth commercial break, I'm going to put some sexy-ass verbs into my sentences and get fitted with another well-tailored suit that hides my obesity, bitches.  In Beverly Hills, the truth has a way of rising to the surface, unless I obfuscate it.  I change which side I'm on more often than I change my moustche style or wax my balding head.  My problem with the tabloids?  Oh, wait, I don't have a problem with the tabloids; I love them! If you're going to discuss how much I enable some of my guests' abhorrent behavior behind my back, whilst condemning others, why don't you kiss my ass?  Whoever said pychobabble can't pay the bills hasn't psychobabbled enough.   I am the hottest former doctor in Orange County.  I want the money and the power, and I want them both."

Ok, done.  Just swerved into Vicki Gunvalson territory.  

D27AFEA2-70AF-4205-A6D0-D8357A74158E-527-000000F017824F3F.jpg.728677999acfee432f2c734365a64ba8.jpg

Time to "hit the pause button."

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Didn't Carole Radziwill once joke that Halloween was just an excuse to dress slutty?  I'd rather see originality rather than someone trying to out-slut someone else.  😉 

I don't know if Radzi said it, but Lindsay Lohan said in Mean Girls that Halloween was just an excuse for girls to dress slutty, and it put her on the map!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Denise seems to be trying to hide her true self and is coming off as a stealth bitch.

Anyone who is besties with Rinna and Brandi has to be a piece of work. Damaged goods. 

I think it is very interesting that Eloise runs to Aaron in every scene when they both walk in the room. He gives off the primary caregiver vibe.

We will see what Denise is really like if she has a second season. That’s when the truth comes out.

I think Denise is trying to come across as a sex goddess with all the sex talk.

I still think she seems pretty sweet. She didn’t add to the pile-up against LVP. 

My guess is Rinna is probably a nice person to her friends, as Eileen had her back too. I thought the meeting with Brandi was a producer setup? Are they legit friends? 

Yes, there seems to be much more to Aaron than his ginormous schlong. He seems very good with Eloise. 

It’s true about the second season. I was actually a big Brandi fan her first season. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I still think she seems pretty sweet. She didn’t add to the pile-up against LVP. 

I totally agree that she is trying to be the sex kitten because that’s all she got. She should realize that her potty mouth doesn't come off as sexy since it seems really trashy. Continually referring to her husband who is the greatest vulgar trash bag of all time doesn’t help.

I do think she is pretending to be sweet. Her true self came out when she went after Kim. What Rinna did was totally uncalled for but Kyle wimped out as usual and only made a half hearted defense. Kim is often wrong but this time she was totally innocent and Denise went after her and refused to back down. 

• Love 11
(edited)
59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

My guess is Rinna is probably a nice person to her friends, as Eileen had her back too. I thought the meeting with Brandi was a producer setup? Are they legit friends? 

Yes, there seems to be much more to Aaron than his ginormous schlong. He seems very good with Eloise. 

It’s true about the second season. I was actually a big Brandi fan her first season. 

I do feel that Rinna is loyal to her friends which is why she has never bothered me that much. Kim usually doesn’t bother me that much either (as another former addict I feel she often gets exploited because you know, drugs r bad,)  but I thought the bunny thing was quite cruel and that Rinna was legitimately hurt. I don’t blame Denise for being protective I don’t think she is necessarily a stealth bitch- just a bitch in defense of those she cares deeply about. We will see what next season holds.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Love 9

I am going to do something I never, ever thought I would do: defend Kyle. I gave up this show about two weeks into puppygate, but watched this episode after reading the comments here. As a person who lives with panic disorder I was interested to see Kyle’s reaction at the mammogram facility. Given her family history and her self-stated problems with anxiety, I feel she handled herself well. Some hand-ringing and a few tears, but not the wild screaming through the clinic ala Shirley Maclaine  in Terms of Endearment that I had expected to see from the comments.  

Kyle lives an enviable life; I wish she would stop chasing personal fame and trying to make family the next “It Family” and just enjoy what she has. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I do think she is pretending to be sweet. Her true self came out when she went after Kim. What Rinna did was totally uncalled for but Kyle wimped out as usual and only made a half hearted defense. Kim is often wrong but this time she was totally innocent and Denise went after her and refused to back down. 

Most people can contain multitudes - sweet in one moment, aggressive the next. I'm not sure why Denise being semi-confrontational (not even that aggressive in my eyes) shows her "true self" over her moments of sweetness.  I mean, I suppose if a person is looking for a reason to dislike Denise, they could see one moment as her "true self," but generally, I don't think one moment - or one emotion - represents any individual's "true self." Most people's "true self" are all of those attitudes. 

• Love 12