Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Meet Rinna Jayne

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

I do feel that Rinna is loyal to her friends which is why she has never bothered me that much. Kim usually doesn’t bother me that much either (as another former addict I feel she often gets maligned)  but I thought the bunny thing was quite cruel and that Rinna was legitimately hurt. I don’t blame Denise for being protective I don’t think she is necessarily a stealth bitch, just a bitch in defense of those she cares deeply about. We will see what next season holds.

I think Rinna is a nice lady who is just a shit stirrer because she’s on RH. I’m not saying she’s perfect, but that she’s not this awful human, she just overreacts when she feels wronged imo. That’s how she is with LVP as well. I agree about Denise. She’s yet to bully anyone, out any secrets about the other women, hasn’t slapped anybody, loves her husband and children, so far, so good. 

5 hours ago, langford peel said:

I totally agree that she is trying to be the sex kitten because that’s all she got. She should realize that her potty mouth doesn't come off as sexy since it seems really trashy. Continually referring to her husband who is the greatest vulgar trash bag of all time doesn’t help.

I do think she is pretending to be sweet. Her true self came out when she went after Kim. What Rinna did was totally uncalled for but Kyle wimped out as usual and only made a half hearted defense. Kim is often wrong but this time she was totally innocent and Denise went after her and refused to back down. 

I don’t care for the potty mouth either. Not classy to me. The Charlie references don’t bother me, just because he is a huge part of her life and she’s got stories galore about him. 

I wish Rinna had just left Kim alone too, but Denise isn’t the first person to want to back up a friend like that and become too much of a busy body. It’s totally something LVP would have done too. Denise may love Rinna and not like that she gets a lot of flak. As much as I wish Rinna wouldn’t have gotten into Kim’s  business, I don’t think she was fully to blame for their drama, yet she’s always portrayed as the bad guy. Kim could have been a lot kinder imo, and bringing back the bunny was not necessary.

And ditto Eleanor. I’m generally nice and non-confrontational, but I try not to be a wallflower and also speak up for my friends when necessary. We all have difference sides. What’s confusing is someone like Camille! Denise being different in one scene backing up her friend of many years isn’t as bizarre to me as someone whose opinion on the same person in the same circumstances changes depending on who she’s talking to! 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Rinna is a nice lady who is just a shit stirrer because she’s on RH. I’m not saying she’s perfect, but that she’s not this awful human, she just overreacts when she feels wronged imo. That’s how she is with LVP as well. I agree about Denise. She’s yet to bully anyone, out any secrets about the other women, hasn’t slapped anybody, loves her husband and children, so far, so good. 

I don’t care for the potty mouth either. Not classy to me. The Charlie references don’t bother me, just because he is a huge part of her life and she’s got stories galore about him. 

I wish Rinna had just left Kim alone too, but Denise isn’t the first person to want

And ditto Eleanor. I’m generally nice and non-confrontational, but I try not to be a wallflower and also speak up for my friends when necessary. We all have difference sides. What’s confusing is someone like Camille! Denise being different in one scene backing up her friend of many years isn’t as bizarre to me as someone whose opinion on the same person in the same circumstances changes depending on who she’s taking to! 

I’ve noticed this since season 2 Camille and I could never really buy her new act. I know that the word “narcissist” is thrown around way too heavily but Camille has these strange dead eyes that.... make the hair on my back stand up. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

And ditto Eleanor. I’m generally nice and non-confrontational, but I try not to be a wallflower and also speak up for my friends when necessary. We all have difference sides. What’s confusing is someone like Camille! Denise being different in one scene backing up her friend of many years isn’t as bizarre to me as someone whose opinion on the same person in the same circumstances changes depending on who she’s taking to! 

I don’t think Camille is any more two faced then the rest of them. She is 100% right in her blog that puppygate bitches are attacking her because she said something nice about LVP.

Camille can appreciate how LVP was kind to her and encouraged her to remarry and find happiness. LVP is often very kind. Kinder than    any of these worthless bitches. Kyle showed how kind she was when she hid Brandi’s crutches. Rinna showed how kind she was when she said Kim was going to die and wanted to talk about her arrest on camera. Dorit showed how kind she was when she dropped off puppies at a kill shelter. So Camille can appreciate LVP’s kindness and support.

She can also be disappointed that she didn’t come to the wedding. But it was an either or situation. Either LVP or the coven. Since it was in everyone’s interest for Bravo to film she chose the coven. She might regret that now when she sees how the worthless bitches really feel about her.

The two attitudes are not mutually exclusive and by no means make her two faced.

SHUT UP TEDDI!

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
5 hours ago, langford peel said:

I don’t think Camille is any more two faced then the rest of them. She is 100% right in her blog that puppygate bitches are attacking her because she said something nice about LVP.

Camille can appreciate how LVP was kind to her and encouraged her to remarry and find happiness. LVP is often very kind. Kinder than    any of these worthless bitches. Kyle showed how kind she was when she hid Brandi’s crutches. Rinna showed how kind she was when she said Kim was going to die and wanted to talk about her arrest on camera. Dorit showed how kind she was when she dropped off puppies at a kill shelter. So Camille can appreciate LVP’s kindness and support.

She can also be disappointed that she didn’t come to the wedding. But it was an either or situation. Either LVP or the coven. Since it was in everyone’s interest for Bravo to film she chose the coven. She might regret that now when she sees how the worthless bitches really feel about her.

The two attitudes are not mutually exclusive and by no means make her two faced.

SHUT UP TEDDI!

She may have articulated herself well in her blog by saying she wished LVP had showed up but appreciated her kindness anyway. That’s just not exactly what she said on camera. She went back and forth between understanding LVP feeling isolated and criticizing her for not showing up, not to mention the mean things she said about her teeth and breath. I don’t blame the women for being confused when a lot of the things she says and her tone can be contradictory, not just about LVP either. 

All the women have their good and bad moments imo. I don’t think any of them are saints or “worthless bitches.” 😂 I do get a chuckle each time I read that, and I love how unlike Camille, you are consistent! 😉

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

All the women have their good and bad moments imo. I don’t think any of them are saints or “worthless bitches.” 😂 I do get a chuckle each time I read that, and I love how unlike Camille, you are consistent! 😉

Thanks. I cleaned that up a lot.

I don’t want to sound like Denise.

• LOL 5

I might be remembering this wrong (so correct me, please!), but didn't Kim & Rinna come to terms about the bunny situation?  I know they aren't really friends, but I thought they were at least being cordial to each other.  That's why I was confused when Rinna brought up the issue at the party.  It seems like eons ago that Kim gave her the bunny.   Time flies in the RH world to me!  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 11:33 PM, smores said:

Kyle has been ramping up the "look at me! I have this money and am fabulous!" in the last few seasons.

Yes, she loves to show off how much money they have and all the unnecessary possessions she has. Look at me, I can afford to buy Birkins in ridiculous colors because I am keeping up with LVP (my theory). She showed off all her material wealth and then was soooo devastated about being robbed. But she puts her home and all that's in it on TV and shows off but never learns her lesson. If you think about it, she's as bad as Kim is, but her addiction is attention. She really needs therapy, meds and help. She's a mess IMO.

1 hour ago, film noire said:

Nothing runs deep with her, it seems, except her self-centeredness and anxieties - and that might be in response to those very anxieties  (I can't look at anything with depth because it will panic me)  - but whatever the origin, it has reduced her to a glib, shallow presence on the show.

This is the crux I think. People who are shallow and genuinely disinterested in things/topic/issues that require depth of thought and internal contemplation often behave like Kyle. She wants people to think she's this and that, but really she's just a spoiled brat with too much money at her disposal, and she really doesn't give even a millimeter of a fuck about anything that doesn't concern her or her ability to acquire superficial bullshit.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Yes, she loves to show off how much money they have and all the unnecessary possessions she has. Look at me, I can afford to buy Birkins in ridiculous colors because I am keeping up with LVP (my theory).

Yeah, I'm tired of hearing how much everything she buys costs.  As Shania Twain sang, "that don't impress me much!"  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, film noire said:

It's especially odd in light of Kyle's promotion of American Woman b/c she kept hitting feminist themes in her interviews,  and linking those themes back to today (her mother battling sexism/women today battling the same issues, including #metoo, etc, etc.)  So she was happy to cast her show in a feminist light while wearing a costume associated with very troubling treatment of women -- from working conditions in the clubs (mandatory gyn exam/pap smear/STD testing, the club taking fifty percent off bunny tips) to the horrific accusations  (from models, bunnies, Playmates) that they were raped,  beaten and drugged by Hefner, to the civil suit against that pigman when he died (alleging he assisted his dear friend Bill Cosby in drugging some of Cosby's victims at the mansion).  That bunny uniform was too often worn by women being either financially ripped off, raped or roofied, not women with sexual agency to spare having a romp back in the day.  

It's possible Kyle isn't aware of any of that. One of my guilty pleasure shows when I was younger was the Girls Next Door show, and I didn't know most of this information myself. Hugh Hefner was a rapist?! Kyle knows many women who've posed for Playboy, but she probably doesn't know anyone who's had trauma due to anything Playboy related. She's probably all for women having equal rights and speaking out about sexual trauma, and didn't think wearing the sexy bunny costume was that deep.

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Yes, she loves to show off how much money they have and all the unnecessary possessions she has. Look at me, I can afford to buy Birkins in ridiculous colors because I am keeping up with LVP (my theory). She showed off all her material wealth and then was soooo devastated about being robbed. But she puts her home and all that's in it on TV and shows off but never learns her lesson. If you think about it, she's as bad as Kim is, but her addiction is attention. She really needs therapy, meds and help. She's a mess IMO.

This is the crux I think. People who are shallow and genuinely disinterested in things/topic/issues that require depth of thought and internal contemplation often behave like Kyle. She wants people to think she's this and that, but really she's just a spoiled brat with too much money at her disposal, and she really doesn't give even a millimeter of a fuck about anything that doesn't concern her or her ability to acquire superficial bullshit.

There's no denying Kyle (like all the others) enjoys material things and doesn't mind the attention. Most women like nice things, and rich women tend to REALLY enjoy the finer things in life. I don't think any of these women would do the show if they didn't enjoy attention to some degree-most of them certainly don't need the money that bad. Kyle married Mauricio before he was rich, so I don't think money is all she cares about. I also think part of why she may enjoy the cameras/attention, is that this is what she knows. She was a child actress who grew up in Hollywood and has a lot of Hollywood connections, so she's very comfortable in front of the camera and everyone looking at her. I actually think given her upbringing and the kind of craziness in her family, she's turned out very well. Kim's addiction could kill her. Kyle enjoying her designer purses, doing the splits, and dressing like a Playboy bunny may not be how everyone rolls, but none of it is deadly. I think she's got a beautiful life and has it pretty together overall. She's been happily married for many years, raised four kids she loves and who haven't gotten into any trouble, and is mostly a happy, healthy person. I'm not saying she's perfect and free of problems, but who is? 

I hope I don't sound too argumentative, but I genuinely think most women would look at Kyle's life as goals, because she seems to have it all imo, especially when you look at some of her cast mates. She doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem, has been happily married to her hot, age-appropriate husband for many years, nothing scandalous with her kids, and has lots of friends. Of all the women who've been on the show, her life seems like by far one of the best. I don't think that's by accident-it's because Kyle knows what she's doing. 

• Love 10

Kyle certainly has many admirable traits, but being humble about her newfound wealth ain't one of 'em!  I begrudge her nothing, but I also don't need to hear the running total of everything she buys.  It's unnecessary.  

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, VedaPierce said:

Can’t STAND that kind of disingenuous crap. She says phoney things like that to illicit envy, that makes me detest her. She’s smug and self-satisfied and plays at having stresses and troubles like Marie Antionette played at being a peasant baker in her weird faux peasant village. 

She reminds me of a skinny friend I had in High School, that while changing in the locker room, would look at me and say, ‘ugh, I’m so faaat, I need to go on a diet.’

Fuck you, Kyle. And Donna. 

Thankyou!!I had the same kind of friend!! And guess what? She got huge later after high school and I got fit..so Fuck you too Mary!

Edited by Pretty5Vacant
Left out a word
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 7:23 PM, langford peel said:

That’s the thing. These worthless bitches are so lame they need to import the drug addled human dumpster fire Kim Richards to give the show life. Then they are going to import tampon receptacle Brandi Glanville to breath life into another lame ass episode. 

Seriously Satan Andy where’s Taylor? Maybe she can force her new husband to kill himself or something to give you a little juice.

They have to reach back for blasts from the past because they are the lamest of the lame.  

Drug addled human dumpster fire -- LOL!

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • LOL 6
On 5/29/2019 at 5:22 AM, Gem 10 said:

So Camille is now Mrs. Camille Grammar Myer?  Is she afraid she will lose her status if she leaves Grammar out?  What a slap in the face to the new groom.  He better keep playing golf, every day.

I was surprised Camille said that too -- and had the same thought about the new groom.   In her world, Camille Meyer is nobody.  I'm sure her story is that she wants to keep the same last name as her kids, but really?  I think it's her ego that demands she keep the Grammer name in there.

• Love 6
On May 30, 2019 at 6:08 PM, ivygirl said:

And this is where Teddi and Edwin did well, IMO. The Harley Quinn/Jared Leto Joker combo was well executed and whole heartedly done—plus, it was a little... well, not SCARY, but a little creepy, and also a little sexy (I mean, it’s no lap dance set to “Party in the USA,” but still).

When she said they did it to 'Party in the USA" for one second I thought she said "R.O.C.K. in the USA" as in the song by her father 😁

• LOL 3
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I totally get it--when I was writing about what a nutcase Kim was, I was throwing everything in there but the kitchen sink, but even at the time I was writing "Kim even lied to Dr Phil," I was like WTF, who doesn't lie to Dr. Phil?  He is a pompous ass charlatan, who lies by omission, doesn't practice what he preaches, shills his wife's skincare bullshit while he's supposed to be helping people, and manipulates the outcome of the episode before it airs...hey, come to think of it, Dr Phil lives in LA.  Does he want to become a Housewife and replace, maybe, Teddi?

I bet he'd love for Robin to be the next Ho.  Then people could learn all about how she lovingly cares for her family and slaves away doing . . . who the hell knows what to care for them, all by herself with no help at all, while hiding that one ugly jacket that he once bought her in the back of the closet.  (Sue me, I read an article she wrote in O magazine years ago and it stuck with me)  Only, she wouldn't have enough time to be on the show and also sit in the audience gazing adoringly at him, so, no chance of that happening.  Gotta show the world she loves her man! 

11 hours ago, langford peel said:

I totally agree that she is trying to be the sex kitten because that’s all she got. She should realize that her potty mouth doesn't come off as sexy since it seems really trashy. Continually referring to her husband who is the greatest vulgar trash bag of all time doesn’t help.

I do think she is pretending to be sweet. Her true self came out when she went after Kim. What Rinna did was totally uncalled for but Kyle wimped out as usual and only made a half hearted defense. Kim is often wrong but this time she was totally innocent and Denise went after her and refused to back down. 

The potty mouth doesn't really phase me.  I do get tired of hearing about BigPenisAaron, though.  I also don't care how old the woman was who gave him a happy ending.  Or how they had to search for a place to get one.  Well, maybe I do, because I want to know this: If you're on a quest to find this and your ex-husband is Charlie Sheen, isn't that one of those cases where you're like, I know a guy who knows a guy! and then call Charlie because he's gonna have a hook up for you?  I had this conversation with friends once, where we were joking around and it was asked if someone had a gun to my husband's head and said that I had 15 mins to get them some drugs, would I know where to get them.  And it would be like that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode where Dennis and Dee try to get crack.  I would have no idea where to go or what to say, etc.  In telling this story to another friend, he said "Everyone has a guy, and I'm your guy.  You'd call me and I'd hook you up"  (Note, he is not a dealer, just always has a few sketchy employees)  But, I digress.

I didn't mind Denise saying what she did to Kim about the bunny.  I think that a whole lot of what Rinna said and did to Kim was wrong.  Rinna should have kept her mouth shut and she should have just walked away from most of the situations with Kim and left them alone.  That said, she WAS forced to endure that car ride which was way messed up.  Everyone in Kim's life seems to want to pretend that the addiction issues just aren't happening and I guess that's cool for them, but it's not ok to put other people in that situation.  By trying to make other people play along with the "oh, it was nothing, she just took one of Monty's pills" then they are forcing other people to go along with the choice they made.  It's ok for Rinna to not be cool with that sort of behavior.  I'm not saying the way Rinna went about things is the answer, but, just that she can decide that she isn't going to play along with the "oh nothing's wrong, poor Kim is just stressed" game.  

I think she did try to give the bunny from a genuine place and that she was truly hurt when Kim gave it back.  I've always felt that giving it back was a truly shitty thing to do and Kim was just pulling a stunt to try to get camera time.  If you felt it had such bad energy that you didn't want it around your grandchild, why did you keep it in your house until you could give it back? I'd have thrown it the fuck out right away.  I get gifts periodically that I don't care for and I am not going to use, I just quietly pass them on to someone that can use them, whether it's another friend or I donate them.  I don't toss them back at the person and give them shit for not giving it in the right spirit, not thinking enough about me to get the right thing, etc.  I know it's not apples to apples, but, still.  This is the one thing I'll defend Rinna on, I think she was truly hurt and it just wasn't necessary to give the bunny back.  So Denise was just saying that Rinna was hurt and it was a really nasty thing to do. Kim always wants people to think about how she feels, but she doesn't care to think about how other people feel.  Ever.

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Kyle certainly has many admirable traits, but being humble about her newfound wealth ain't one of 'em!  I begrudge her nothing, but I also don't need to hear the running total of everything she buys.  It's unnecessary.  

What is even more glaring to me is that when all of this was being filmed, she knew her husband was being sued for fraud.  It's very "let them eat cake" 

LVP, Erika, Heather Dubrow, Bethenny, Lea Black from Miami, the female realtor on Million Dollar Listing LA, for all of these women, we know that when we see them carrying a bag, it's not one they bought at target.  Their shoes are expensive, etc.  But they don't often talk about what they're buying or how much it is (that's not to say that they've never had a conversation about it on camera, I'm pretty sure they all have, but it's not a constant "this is x").  In the context of their homes, yes, they've talked about money, but we've also seen several of the people I've listed do a home improvement project or purchase/build a home.  With Kyle, there's a constant drumbeat of "I just got this new rolex" "this is my new bag, it's a birkin" etc.  Dorit is annoying for similar reasons, as she has some sort of visible label in every scene.  For her, it's like "This scene is brought to you by the letters CHA and NEL"  On OC, Vicki splurges on one new designer piece per year, it will have a glaring logo, and she will wear the hell out of it.  One year it was a necklace with the Chanel interlocking C logo and she wore it constantly.  Last year I want to say it was something with the Gucci logo.  

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, smores said:

I didn't mind Denise saying what she did to Kim about the bunny.  I think that a whole lot of what Rinna said and did to Kim was wrong.  Rinna should have kept her mouth shut and she should have just walked away from most of the situations with Kim and left them alone.  That said, she WAS forced to endure that car ride which was way messed up.  Everyone in Kim's life seems to want to pretend that the addiction issues just aren't happening and I guess that's cool for them, but it's not ok to put other people in that situation.  By trying to make other people play along with the "oh, it was nothing, she just took one of Monty's pills" then they are forcing other people to go along with the choice they made.  It's ok for Rinna to not be cool with that sort of behavior.  I'm not saying the way Rinna went about things is the answer, but, just that she can decide that she isn't going to play along with the "oh nothing's wrong, poor Kim is just stressed" game.  

I think she did try to give the bunny from a genuine place and that she was truly hurt when Kim gave it back.  I've always felt that giving it back was a truly shitty thing to do and Kim was just pulling a stunt to try to get camera time.  If you felt it had such bad energy that you didn't want it around your grandchild, why did you keep it in your house until you could give it back? I'd have thrown it the fuck out right away.  I get gifts periodically that I don't care for and I am not going to use, I just quietly pass them on to someone that can use them, whether it's another friend or I donate them.  I don't toss them back at the person and give them shit for not giving it in the right spirit, not thinking enough about me to get the right thing, etc.  I know it's not apples to apples, but, still.  This is the one thing I'll defend Rinna on, I think she was truly hurt and it just wasn't necessary to give the bunny back.  So Denise was just saying that Rinna was hurt and it was a really nasty thing to do. Kim always wants people to think about how she feels, but she doesn't care to think about how other people feel.  Ever.

Excellent post. I didn't like Rinna meddling and wish she hadn't approached Kim the way she did as Erika Jayne at the party, but I totally agree with you. I don't think Rinna was out to get Kim. Addiction is something that she has been a part of her family as a kid and as an adult. Call me naive, but I do believe she was coming from a good place and did initially like Kim. I totally understand that Kim felt Rinna's questions were intrusive, but she was shooting a reality show. Her addiction/sobriety has been part of her storyline for years, and then her coworkers had to deal with her in the state she was in on camera. Rinna never outed her as an addict or put her down for struggling. I remember her being kind to Kim until Kim got aggressive with her. Even Rinna's "near death" comment-wrong as it was-was off the cuff. It wasn't pre-meditated cruelty. 

• Love 5
17 hours ago, film noire said:

It's especially odd in light of Kyle's promotion of American Woman b/c she kept hitting feminist themes in her interviews,  and linking those themes back to today (her mother battling sexism/women today battling the same issues, including #metoo, etc, etc.)  So she was happy to cast her show in a feminist light while wearing a costume associated with very troubling treatment of women -- from working conditions in the clubs (mandatory gyn exam/pap smear/STD testing, the club taking fifty percent off bunny tips) to the horrific accusations  (from models, bunnies, Playmates) that they were raped,  beaten and drugged by Hefner, to the civil suit against that pigman when he died (alleging he assisted his dear friend Bill Cosby in drugging some of Cosby's victims at the mansion).  That bunny uniform was too often worn by women being either financially ripped off, raped or roofied, not women with sexual agency to spare having a romp back in the day.  

But that's who Kyle is, imo - a woman with a superficial grasp of things that are deeply troubling -- from giving makeovers to the homeless, to dismissing an animal being cruelly dumped,  to comparing her own "difficulties" to LVP losing her brother, to wearing a costume associated with women-as-commodity (even after spending a year promoting her show through a feminist framework). Nothing runs deep with her, it seems, except her self-centeredness and anxieties - and that might be in response to those very anxieties  (I can't look at anything with depth because it will panic me)  - but whatever the origin, it has reduced her to a glib, shallow presence on the show.

GREAT post!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Excellent post. I didn't like Rinna meddling and wish she hadn't approached Kim the way she did as Erika Jayne at the party, but I totally agree with you. I don't think Rinna was out to get Kim. Addiction is something that she has been a part of her family as a kid and as an adult. Call me naive, but I do believe she was coming from a good place and did initially like Kim. I totally understand that Kim felt Rinna's questions were intrusive, but she was shooting a reality show. Her addiction/sobriety has been part of her storyline for years, and then her coworkers had to deal with her in the state she was in on camera. Rinna never outed her as an addict or put her down for struggling. I remember her being kind to Kim until Kim got aggressive with her. Even Rinna's "near death" comment-wrong as it was-was off the cuff. It wasn't pre-meditated cruelty. 

I'm in the camp that thinks "Kim is near death and Kyle enables her" was completely pre-meditated.

She used and manipulated Eden Sassoon on the pretext of friendship. Rinna dropped those bombs on Eden, knowing fully, Eden's strong feelings about drug addiction and sobriety would lead her to have a conversation about Kim's addiction. 

Which it did.  And Rinna didn’t originally "remember" any of that conversation.  She had to bring back her memory with the help of Eileen.

Add in how horrible Rinna was to Eden when Eden confronted Rinna about using her and I have enough circumstantial evidence to say:

Guilty, Guilty, Guilty of pre-meditated gossip to drive a storyline at two addicts expense.

• Love 23

I think it was silly to give the bunny back and I think Kim should have  donated it or even thrown it out. But I didn't get genuine hurt from Lisa Rinna. I got a Cecil B DeMille "my close up" vibe from it. And in rewatching it, I still do. 

A couple of episodes ago, when Kim was at the same restaurant as the HWs, and someone asked Rinna how she felt, she said something like "Oh we are just two people existing. It's fine" or something.  And then we see this huge turnaround at the party.  What happened to the two people just existing? For me, it felt like a great opportunity to create some drama and get the spotlight on herself (at Kim's expense) and nothing more.

I don't think Lisa Rinna is a nice person, mostly because too often I see her doing the one thing that I just cannot personally take -- kissing up to the strong and preying on the weak.  I enjoyed her on the show until she did that "Hey girls, my hairdresser says it's Munchausen syndrome" and from then on I started noticing that she saves her attacks for people who are in a weakened state.  Did she claim that Lisa put her up to that? I don't remember, but if so, that is an example of her sucking up to the strong person, and hurting the weak one.  I just find that very unappealing.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I think it was silly to give the bunny back and I think Kim should have  donated it or even thrown it out. But I didn't get genuine hurt from Lisa Rinna. I got a Cecil B DeMille "my close up" vibe from it. And in rewatching it, I still do. 

A couple of episodes ago, when Kim was at the same restaurant as the HWs, and someone asked Rinna how she felt, she said something like "Oh we are just two people existing. It's fine" or something.  And then we see this huge turnaround at the party.  What happened to the two people just existing? For me, it felt like a great opportunity to create some drama and get the spotlight on herself (at Kim's expense) and nothing more.

I don't think Lisa Rinna is a nice person, mostly because too often I see her doing the one thing that I just cannot personally take -- kissing up to the strong and preying on the weak.  I enjoyed her on the show until she did that "Hey girls, my hairdresser says it's Munchausen syndrome" and from then on I started noticing that she saves her attacks for people who are in a weakened state.  Did she claim that Lisa put her up to that? I don't remember, but if so, that is an example of her sucking up to the strong person, and hurting the weak one.  I just find that very unappealing.

This is something that I have zero tolerance for either but I guess the thing that changes it with me is that I don’t feel Rinna has done it as much as the others. And I admit this is definitely a situation where your mileage may vary- I don’t have the best memory and I didn’t watch a huge chunk of Yolanda’s last season because the Munchausen story line ultimately got so repetitive and at the same time convoluted.

During Pantygate Rinna and Eileen legitimately seemed like the only two who understood how humiliated Erika was. Was Dorit “the weaker”? Perhaps in Hong Kong, yes but I truly thought her “gift” was quite cruel and she never seemed to understand this moving forward with Erika. I definitely think Erika and Dorit bullied Teddi her first season but Rinna never seemed to really join in. Re: the Yolanda thing I am actually kind of surprised thirsty Taylor Armstrong never got more flack- I thought it was HER that made the Munchuasens comment and Rinna never wanted to out her on camera which I didn’t understand but respected. And the Eden thing Rinna was fully culpable but I also thought Eden was thirsty and creepy as F so I think there were a lot of hands in the pot there.

I think that Rinna is essentially kind hearted but like Kyle not especially bright- which seems to be her downfall!

• Love 4
On 5/30/2019 at 12:12 PM, AnnieHeights said:

I have noticed a ton of Kyle shaming for her costume but no mention of Camille's outfit?  I personally thought both women looked great but Kyle has taken much more heat on this.  I know the whole 'Playboy Bunny' angle but in the big picture, it was a party, she looked pretty, her husband was fine with it so good for her.      

I honestly didn't notice LVP wasn't on the show last night until reading through this board! 

I was surprised at how Denise was with Kim, I would have expected her to be a little more of a peacemaker and not take such a hard stance.         

I believe there's some history between Denise and Kim - both have been around in Hollywood for quite a few years.

• Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

This is something that I have zero tolerance for either but I guess the thing that changes it with me is that I don’t feel Rinna has done it as much as the others. And I admit this is definitely a situation where your mileage may vary- I don’t have the best memory and I didn’t watch a huge chunk of Yolanda’s last season because the Munchausen story line ultimately got so repetitive and at the same time convoluted.

During Pantygate Rinna and Eileen legitimately seemed like the only two who understood how humiliated Erika was. Was Dorit “the weaker”? Perhaps in Hong Kong, yes but I truly thought her “gift” was quite cruel and she never seemed to understand this moving forward with Erika. I definitely think Erika and Dorit bullied Teddi her first season but Rinna never seemed to really join in. Re: the Yolanda thing I am actually kind of surprised thirsty Taylor Armstrong never got more flack- I thought it was HER that made the Munchuasens comment and Rinna never wanted to out her on camera which I didn’t understand but respected. And the Eden thing Rinna was fully culpable but I also thought Eden was thirsty and creepy as F so I think there were a lot of hands in the pot there.

I think that Rinna is essentially kind hearted but like Kyle not especially bright- which seems to be her downfall!

Definitely MV, and in so many of these scenarios it's six of one, half dozen of the other, so we all kind of have to go with our gut. 

Re: Pantygate. I thought it was a bad idea to give those panties to Erika, but overall that first season, I thought Dorit was a kind of a dingbat who just wanted to "have a laugh". (It was a very unpopular opinion at the time). I felt the panty gift was intended more as a slap on the wrist and more to show that, in a weird way, Dorit felt offended by Erika (accidentally) exposing herself.  I thought, and I still think this, that Dorit and PK had mistaken Erika and Erika Jayne for the same person. And they assumed that Erika was more like Madonna, she was breaking boundaries and was very open with her sexuality and her body, and so was not all that bothered if her bits were on display. Dorit, assuming that, wanted to express her displeasure about it in a "humorous"  way. I think Dorit and Pk were kind of puzzled by her embarrassed reaction, and they didn't understand she was truly upset about it until too late. I also remember, at the very start of Pantygate, Eileen and maybe Rinna sort of mocking Erika for the whole thing. (And I mention that only to show that perhaps others had the same initial misread of the situation, so it wasn't wildly and crazily out of the blue that Dorit and PK might think that).

I don't remember too much about the Hong Kong episodes. I think by that point, Dorit had been pretty much raked over the coals all season long . Erika kept saying she was over it -- and then never really seemed to be.  At that point it was probably fairly evenly matched until Rinna went so low as to ask if people were doing coke in Dorit's bathroom. That was so out of nowhere.  IIRC I saw that night turn into a Dorit pile on, and the person who is being piled on is the weak one.

Re; The Munchausen comment -- IIRC (and I think I do because it stood out to me in a waiiitasec kind of way), it was Rinna who mentioned it, and she introduced it as Yo's illness was questioned by her hairdresser, and Rinna sort of "Oh golly gee, just wondered if there was anything to it". Someone with a better memory for these shows may come along and correct me, but I feel pretty confident about it because I experienced it as a kind of HW flashbulb memory.

I'm not trying to change your mind about Rinna. It's cool with me if you think she's a kind-hearted person. And I assume it's cool with you if I don't. And even that I will qualify -- I think Rinna is a nice person to the people she loves. But for me, that is not much of a character test because it's easy to be nice to the people we love. It's how we treat those we don't where one's character shows itself. IMO.  Everyone falls short sometimes, I've just seen Rinna do it more times than I am personally comfortable with.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

I see it differently. I think Rinna is needlessly cruel and always attacks the weak and kisses up to the strong.

She was cruel to Kim who is a sad and troubled  person. She brought up her arrest. She said she was near death. She attacked her with a broken glass. Yes she was a nasty drunken mess but no worse than Luann or Sonja or Dorinda in NYC.

Rinna sent a cruel text to LVP with cupcakes covered in pills after her brother died from a pill overdose. I don’t for a minute think it was a joke.

Rinna has beat the drum nonstop for LVP to be fired on social media. Her segments are boring and she literally brings nothing to the show other than her shit stirring nastiness.

However I do agree that she is stupid. Stupid, mean and cruel.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

Definitely MV, and in so many of these scenarios it's six of one, half dozen of the other, so we all kind of have to go with our gut. 

Re: Pantygate. I thought it was a bad idea to give those panties to Erika, but overall that first season, I thought Dorit was a kind of a dingbat who just wanted to "have a laugh". (It was a very unpopular opinion at the time). I felt the panty gift was intended more as a slap on the wrist and more to show that, in a weird way, Dorit felt offended by Erika (accidentally) exposing herself.  I thought, and I still think this, that Dorit and PK had mistaken Erika and Erika Jayne for the same person. And they assumed that Erika was more like Madonna, she was breaking boundaries and was very open with her sexuality and her body, and so was not all that bothered if her bits were on display. Dorit, assuming that, wanted to express her displeasure about it in a "humorous"  way. I think Dorit and Pk were kind of puzzled by her embarrassed reaction, and they didn't understand she was truly upset about it until too late. I also remember, at the very start of Pantygate, Eileen and maybe Rinna sort of mocking Erika for the whole thing.

I don't remember too much about the Hong Kong episodes. I think by that point, Dorit had been pretty much raked over the coals all season long . Erika kept saying she was over it -- and then never really seemed to be.  At that point it was probably fairly evenly matched until Rinna went so low as to ask if people were doing coke in Dorit's bathroom. That was so out of nowhere.  IIRC I saw that night turn into a Dorit pile on, and the person who is being piled on is the weak one.

Re; The Munchausen comment -- IIRC (and I think I do because it stood out to me in a waiiitasec kind of way), it was Rinna who mentioned it, and she introduced it as Yo's illness was questioned by her hairdresser, and Rinna sort of "Oh golly gee, just wondered if there was anything to it". Someone with a better memory for these shows may come along and correct me, but I feel pretty confident about it because I experienced it as a kind of HW flashbulb memory.

I'm not trying to change your mind about Rinna. It's cool with me if you think she's a kind-hearted person. And I assume it's cool with you if I don't. And even that I will qualify -- I think Rinna is a nice person to the people she loves. But for me, that is not much of a character test because it's easy to be nice to the people we love. It's how we treat those we don't where one's character shows itself. IMO.  Everyone falls short sometimes, I've just seen Rinna do it more times than I am personally comfortable with.

Everything you said makes total sense. Actually now that we are now a few seasons removed from Panty and Munchausen gate I actually really appreciate the points of view. It makes me want to go back and rewatch the episodes!

Its very bizarre to me that my favorite of the franchises has so few characters that I actually like. I would actually rather have dinner with Tamra Judge and Shannon (really!) than pretty much any one of the BH ladies. But ironically I look forward to the premiere of BH far more than OC??? So it is fitting I supppse that probably the women I can tolerate the most aren’t the nicest people. Hell, I had a soft spot for Yolanda. (I liked her clothes!!)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

I wish Lisa "every life matters" Vanderpump would put just as much energy into human lives.

LVP aid always having charitable events to support the LBGT community. In fact she recently was quoted that she had been cut out of the rest of the season even though Bravo filmed these events including the very colorful and fun event celebrating India changing their laws. Bravo didn’t care and instead wanted scenes of Teddi jogging, Tom being confused when he is talking to a strange garish woman in his kitchen, Dorito fleeing from household appliances and of course the riveting scenes of  Kyle reenacting Hodor’s scenes from GOT with her daughter. (I won’t even mention toenails)

So to say that LVP doesn’t care about people isn’t fair. I do agree that she cares more about dogs but that is a common eccentricity in Beverly Hills.

• Love 11
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Jel said:

I also remember, at the very start of Pantygate, Eileen and maybe Rinna sort of mocking Erika for the whole thing. (And I mention that only to show that perhaps others had the same initial misread of the situation, so it wasn't wildly and crazily out of the blue that Dorit and PK might think that).

They all were cackling and laughing about the panty gift.  Kyle was there when Dorit was buying the panties, and then she quick-like-a-bunny told Eileen and Rinna about it over lunch and they cackled with glee.  Then they did a quick turnaround when Dorit presented the panties and Erika was not. having. it.  I am a little vague on the details, so I might not have that exactly right, but I do remember the cackling at lunch and ALL three of them were totally into it.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, smores said:

I bet he'd love for Robin to be the next Ho.  Then people could learn all about how she lovingly cares for her family and slaves away doing . . . who the hell knows what to care for them, all by herself with no help at all, while hiding that one ugly jacket that he once bought her in the back of the closet.  (Sue me, I read an article she wrote in O magazine years ago and it stuck with me)  Only, she wouldn't have enough time to be on the show and also sit in the audience gazing adoringly at him, so, no chance of that happening.  Gotta show the world she loves her man! 

Thanks for giving me a new Reddit topic! Can’t STAND Robin! Lol lol lol

1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Just because it's Hollywood doesn't mean that everyone knows everything about everyone

I agree with that. However I still think Kim Richards is a nasty, FOS person whom I wouldn't believe one iota of truth in anything she says. She's the drug addict version of Kyle. Both desperate to be a memorable part of Hollywood social status. Witch Mountain. 😁

• Love 4
On 5/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, langford peel said:

Denise doesn't see referring to her ex-husband (granted, vulgar trash bag) as unsexy, because to her it was still good times; Charlie was A-list, and by association so was Denise.

That's how they measure things in BH.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, izabella said:

They all were cackling and laughing about the panty gift.  Kyle was there when Dorit was buying the panties, and then she quick-like-a-bunny told Eileen and Rinna about it over lunch and they cackled with glee.  Then they did a quick turnaround when Dorit presented the panties and Erika was not. having. it.  I am a little vague on the details, so I might not have that exactly right, but I do remember the cackling at lunch and ALL three of them were totally into it.

Sure, because they realized the gift was hurtful to Erika. Once Kyle Rinna and Eileen realized Erika didn’t they it was funny either they cut it out, to their credit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Kim wasn't crude, rude and disrespectful that night.  People should be called out when they exhibit bad behavior, but Kim wasn't wrong at the party.

I'm not saying that Kim was disrespectful that night.  I'm saying that there are several instances over many seasons of the show (and outside the show) where Kim acted in ways that could be described as crude, rude and disrespectful and that for her to act as though she's in a position to be aghast by anyone else's behavior is laughable.

She might not have been wrong at the party, but her trying to call out Rinna as if Rinna's little performance came out of nowhere demonstrates a complete lack of insight into her own behavior over the years.  No matter what the situation, Kim always seems to see herself as the victim and never acknowledges the way that she has contributed to making these situations so toxic in the first place.  Kim seems to believe that she gets to do and say whatever she wants and no one should ever get to call her on it, but that when someone slaps back at her then everyone should come to her defense.

I don't like Rinna.  I don't believe that what she said at the party was appropriate (and her continuing to insist on being "in character" afterwards was annoying), nor do I think it was fair to the rest of the cast to make things so awkward and uncomfortable.  But I'm not here for a Kim Richards pity party.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I agree with that. However I still think Kim Richards is a nasty, FOS person whom I wouldn't believe one iota of truth in anything she says. She's the drug addict version of Kyle. Both desperate to be a memorable part of Hollywood social status. Witch Mountain. 😁

How much of the Kim hate really is because she is a “drug addict”? Again, as a former addict it’s hard not to find this annoying. Whether you don’t get it or get it too much, it’s not a good look. 

• Love 2
Just now, BluBrd47 said:

How much of the Kim hate really is because she is a “drug addict”? Again, as a former addict it’s hard not to find this annoying. Whether you don’t get it or get it too much, it’s not a good look. 

I don't dislike Kim because she did/does drugs. And I don't dislike Kyle just because she DOESN'T do drugs. What I was attempting to point out IMO, is that I see Kyle (who allegedly does no drugs) as having just as many unlikeable qualities as Kim. They IMO are both unlikeable. Drugs, no drugs, recreational drugs, only tried drugs once drugs. I don't like either of them.

And I have friends who do drugs, used to do drugs, might do drugs again, never will do drugs again. They are all beautiful people. They however, are not on reality TV for all to snark on.

• Love 8

What is lost in the weeds is that puppygate posse is so freaking boring that have to bring back the drug addled human dumpster fire to bring some juice and a semblance of a story. Next week they are bringing back Brandi. These worthless bitches are just not interesting or fun or able to carry an episode. Last week was about Camille. This week Kim. Next week Brandi.

There is nothing interesting enough about the posse to carry an episode.

They just suck.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

What is lost in the weeds is that puppygate posse is so freaking boring that have to bring back the drug addled human dumpster fire to bring some juice and a semblance of a story. Next week they are bringing back Brandi. These worthless bitches are just not interesting or fun or able to carry an episode. Last week was about Camille. This week Kim. Next week Brandi.

There is nothing interesting enough about the posse to carry an episode.

They just suck.

Yeah it is beginning to appear that RHOBH franchise has got the producers dumbfounded right now as to how to give CPR to this show which is in critical condition. 

It will NEVER sit right with me that the producers let this entire f'n season be about one small incident of a puppy being given away to a new owner without following the shelters rules. Yes it was wrong but these things happen all the time in the real world of animal rescue. You just have to be thankful the animal did eventually find its forever home and FOCUS ON THE OTHER MILLIONS OF ANIMALS IN NEED. So much time, effort put into this ridiculous event (that turned out for the better) BRAVO should be ashamed. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The season turned on Kyles stupidity and betrayal. Kyle is a trembling ball of insecurities and jealousy. She was jealous of Dorito and felt that LVP favored her and forgave more than she did her. So when she had a chance to damage Dorit she grabbed it. But then it morphed. Rinna and Erika have always had it in for LVP. When Teddi saw a chance for a storyline with allies in bringing down LVP she went for it. Kyle saw how it was going and decided to join in with the mob. Because she is stupid she became the one who confronted LVP and blew up the show. If Kyle has a brain in her head she could have said to Dorito and Teddi “Hey this is your problem and you should take it up with LVP. She is hurting right now and I want to give her love and support and not demands for apologies and self abasement.” Instead she went in arrogant with all guns blazing. Now there is no going back.

How would the reunion shape up anyway? The puppy gate posse all on one massive couch and LVP on a hard backed penitents chair? 

This show is broken and it will be very difficult to fix.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

Sure, because they realized the gift was hurtful to Erika. Once Kyle Rinna and Eileen realized Erika didn’t they it was funny either they cut it out, to their credit.

IIRC, when Kyle was with Dorit while she was buying the panties, she didn't do much to discourage Dorit from doing so.  Kyle looked slyly at the camera in her TH and said something along the lines of 'I can't wait to see Erika's reaction."  I have no doubt that Kyle knew that it would be hurtful to EJ, but she did nothing to try and persuade Dorit not to buy the panties.  Granted, she's not her keeper, but it was in that moment that I realized how insincere Kyle can be.  I believe that Eileen, Rinna & Kyle were all in CYA mode with EJ once they realized how mad & hurt she was.  I don't buy it that they were actually sorry though. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, smores said:

The potty mouth doesn't really phase me.  I do get tired of hearing about BigPenisAaron, though.  I also don't care how old the woman was who gave him a happy ending.  Or how they had to search for a place to get one.  Well, maybe I do, because I want to know this: If you're on a quest to find this and your ex-husband is Charlie Sheen, isn't that one of those cases where you're like, I know a guy who knows a guy! and then call Charlie because he's gonna have a hook up for you?  I had this conversation with friends once, where we were joking around and it was asked if someone had a gun to my husband's head and said that I had 15 mins to get them some drugs, would I know where to get them.  And it would be like that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode where Dennis and Dee try to get crack.  I would have no idea where to go or what to say, etc.  In telling this story to another friend, he said "Everyone has a guy, and I'm your guy.  You'd call me and I'd hook you up"  (Note, he is not a dealer, just always has a few sketchy employees)  But, I digress.

What is even more glaring to me is that when all of this was being filmed, she knew her husband was being sued for fraud.  It's very "let them eat cake" 

LVP, Erika, Heather Dubrow, Bethenny, Lea Black from Miami, the female realtor on Million Dollar Listing LA, for all of these women, we know that when we see them carrying a bag, it's not one they bought at target.  Their shoes are expensive, etc.  But they don't often talk about what they're buying or how much it is (that's not to say that they've never had a conversation about it on camera, I'm pretty sure they all have, but it's not a constant "this is x").  In the context of their homes, yes, they've talked about money, but we've also seen several of the people I've listed do a home improvement project or purchase/build a home.  With Kyle, there's a constant drumbeat of "I just got this new rolex" "this is my new bag, it's a birkin" etc.  Dorit is annoying for similar reasons, as she has some sort of visible label in every scene.  For her, it's like "This scene is brought to you by the letters CHA and NEL"  On OC, Vicki splurges on one new designer piece per year, it will have a glaring logo, and she will wear the hell out of it.  One year it was a necklace with the Chanel interlocking C logo and she wore it constantly.  Last year I want to say it was something with the Gucci logo.  

I seem to recall a Hermes belt buckle.  

Personally I think Rinna should have left Kim alone.  They have both been assholes.  By leaving Kim alone it gives Kim less screen time and doesn't make Rinna look so petty.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 7:08 PM, RealHousewife said:

and didn't think wearing the sexy bunny costume was that deep.

Exactly - she never thinks beyond the surface of anything:

"There are people living without homes, health care or food - let's give them makeovers!"

"I'm citing feminism (while happily wearing a costume linked to women as objects, sexual and otherwise.)"

"Your brother died a brutal death -  pfft -- look at the hellish! -- okay, marginally unpleasant - horrors in MY life!"

"A dog was dumped at a kill shelter but the real issue is Lisa! and my honour! (editorial note: gotta get some first, Kyle).

"Look at my fabulous new home! (Bought with money my husband stole from Equatorial Guineans - SO YES, WE STOLE THEIR GODDAMN HOUSE!")

That's Kyle, imo;  her responses are shallow & lacking compassion for the person in trouble (while focusing instead on her own reaction).  I think being friends with LVP gave Kyle the illusion of warmth,  a false (or maybe fleeting) depth she has slowly revealed she doesn't really possess.  For all the trapping$, Kyle seems emotionally threadbare & poor of spirit to me, and losing LVP (who I think initially sparked something real in Kyle) is a true loss for Kyle.

I hope I don't sound too argumentative, but I genuinely think most women would look at Kyle's life as goals

I don't think you were the least bit argumentative ; )

but I genuinely think most women would look at Kyle's life as goals

Aside from the opportunities wealth can bring (which most people would enjoy having) I think many women have more depth and compassion than Kyle, and have no desire to be like her, or her thief of a husband, or have a daughter unable to sleep alone, eat a "regular" everyday breakfast, or dress themselves at the age of ten.  (I also think most women would find sleeping with their kids - for over a quarter century of the marriage -  as not something they yearn for ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

IIRC, when Kyle was with Dorit while she was buying the panties, she didn't do much to discourage Dorit from doing so.  Kyle looked slyly at the camera in her TH and said something along the lines of 'I can't wait to see Erika's reaction."  I have no doubt that Kyle knew that it would be hurtful to EJ, but she did nothing to try and persuade Dorit not to buy the panties.  Granted, she's not her keeper, but it was in that moment that I realized how insincere Kyle can be.  I believe that Eileen, Rinna & Kyle were all in CYA mode with EJ once they realized how mad & hurt she was.  I don't buy it that they were actually sorry though. 

ChitChat, that's a perfect summation of what I see as Kyle getting away with stuff. Thank you!

She absolves herself by letting us know, in a TH, that she doesn't really think it's a good idea, but doesn't stand behind that conviction with the appropriate action towards Dorit, in the moment, when it would have been the right time to say something. Her only action, as I recall, was to laugh along (sort of encouraging it), but at the same time, she's officially on the record as having said she didn't think it was good.  Slippery.

• Love 10
On 5/31/2019 at 11:12 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Most people can contain multitudes - sweet in one moment, aggressive the next. I'm not sure why Denise being semi-confrontational (not even that aggressive in my eyes) shows her "true self" over her moments of sweetness.  I mean, I suppose if a person is looking for a reason to dislike Denise, they could see one moment as her "true self," but generally, I don't think one moment - or one emotion - represents any individual's "true self." Most people's "true self" are all of those attitudes. 

Also these women with the exception of Dorit  and maybe LVP are all actors or performers. I am sure they can turn it on or off any time they want.  Hard to know exactly what is authentic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

I hear you, but did they ever say, you know what, we thought it was funny too initially; we didn't understand how much it would hurt you? That may have taken some heat of Dorit. Serious question though because did they own up to that or did they just pretend all season that they had always thought it was the worst thing ever? (I don't remember how it all went down)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

I hear you, but did they ever say, you know what, we thought it was funny too initially; we didn't understand how much it would hurt you? That may have taken some heat of Dorit. Serious question though because did they own up to that or did they just pretend all season that they had always thought it was the worst thing ever? (I don't remember how it all went down)

To the best of my knowledge they did not. I don’t think they had any interest in taking the heat off Dorit. Which is NOT ok but I honestly wonder if they really thought Dorit was going to do the underwear thing. It didn’t sound that bad when Dorit threatened to do it but when she actually whipped out the underwear I felt really bad second hand embarrassment for Erika and I don’t even like her. I think if Dorit had been much more forthcoming about the fact that she though Erika had flashed her husband intentionally instead of accidentally viewers would have been far more sympathetic. I don’t think Rinna and Eileen truly understood this either which is why they reacted like the underwear gag was like making fun of someone for getting their period in public or peeing in their pants.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:
On 5/28/2019 at 8:26 PM, JD5166 said:

I didn’t know you got your mammo results right away now. I had a bi-lateral mastectomy 12 years ago due to a small mass, so I went all in to make sure it never came back. I never acted like Kyle, even after the call telling me I had cancer, even on my way to the operating room, even today I still rarely even talk about it. I am only talking about it now because she drives me insane spazzing out about every little headache that comes her way - all the whole injecting botulism into her face and probably any other orifice she can think of. Just shut up Kyle! 

Where is Harry’s swastica armband? Hmmmmm

You didn't act like Kyle because you aren't Kyle.  Should everybody react like you in every situation?  What's the relevance of Harry's armband?  Are you saying that because you don't like Kyle because she's Jewish?

Yea, no. I was referencing Harry’s armband from a Halloween costume a few years back. Maybe someone should ask Rinna if she and Harry don’t like Kyle because she’s Jewish? I wonder why they didn’t show that pic in Rinna “Halloween memory reel?” 

As an actual cancer survivor, and someone who has lost both parents to cancer...not to mention my crippling anxiety (thank you menopause and stressful jobs) I feel like Kyle’s reaction was a bit over the top and her never ending quest for more attention. I didn’t even mention the Ferris wheel, another example of her over the top reactions. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Yea, no. I was referencing Harry’s armband from a Halloween costume a few years back. Maybe someone should ask Rinna if she and Harry don’t like Kyle because she’s Jewish? I wonder why they didn’t show that pic in Rinna “Halloween memory reel?” 

As an actual cancer survivor, and someone who has lost both parents to cancer...not to mention my crippling anxiety (thank you menopause and stressful jobs) I feel like Kyle’s reaction was a bit over the top and her never ending quest for more attention. I didn’t even mention the Ferris wheel, another example of her over the top reactions. 

That costume was appalling. I find it very hard to believe that they would be surprised that people would be offended.

• Love 7

Regarding costumes, I have to say that “sexy whatever” doesn’t bother me, really*. What does bug me is uncreative “costume in a bag” from a Halloween store. I like to go all out and make it myself, man (not necessarily from scratch, but from thrift store stuff or whatever).

*Once, my naive self thought it would be funny to mock the “sexy” trend by crafting a “sexy Freddy Krueger” getup. I was so disappointed that, yup, one could indeed buy that shit in one bag. I was gonna have a good old time making and wearing that nonsense!

• LOL 6
On 5/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, Juneau Gal said:

Kyle lives an enviable life; I wish she would stop chasing personal fame and trying to make family the next “It Family” and just enjoy what she has. 

Me too! She has so many amazing things in life I wish she would enjoy it all. 

I wish she would get help for the anxiety so she can enjoy more and perhaps stop feeling the need to chase fame and insert herself in everything. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

During Pantygate Rinna and Eileen legitimately seemed like the only two who understood how humiliated Erika was.

Rinna and Eileen were the ones who mocked Erika the hardest. Eileen was supposed to be Erika's friend and she was unforgivably nasty. She pretended to be Erika saying "I'm shy" and then spreading her legs. Rinna cracked up over Dorit's joke about buying the panties and demanded to be there when Dorit gave them to Erika. Kyle, for all of her faults, was the only one to say that this might be humiliating to Erika and tried to talk to Dorit about it before she gave them to Erika. The worst part for me was that even after all of that footage aired, Erika NEVER called Rinna or Eileen out on that. She first tried to make it LVP's fault for asking about loaning Kyle some panties. When the evidence wasn't there to make it LVP's fault she focused solely on Dorit. These women are all horrible hypocrites.

• Love 16