Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Capacious ! You're on a roll!! 😉

Nah, just doing me! Its a family trait. My dad had a wonderful colorful way of speaking and  an awesome turn of phrase, I seem to have inherited it. My son does it too. In third grade he wrote a story and described a storm as a "raging maelstrom". He's super witty and quick and a wordsmith and a half. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 5
  • Love 17
Just now, Gbb said:

Who clean’s Prince’s litterbox?!

I just thought that too!

The cat is do unmoved by the tears.

My doggies get all nervous and kiss me  if I cry.

Sometimes I fake it for the kisses.

• Love 12
(edited)

I hate that phrase, “big girl.”  They think it makes being morbidly obese sound better.  Plays right in with their denial system.

Edited by Kid
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why does it seem Dr Now is slurring all his words tonight? Is he, too, drinking Fireball and Diet Cokes to deal with Janine?

Seriously, I could barely understand a word he said as he narrated the surgery.

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Why is he doing this surgery when she's still not walking??

IKR? I was expecting/hoping he’d tell her that if she couldn’t walk by surgery time, he wouldn’t do it. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Why is he doing this surgery when she's still not walking??

I wonder if he’s trying to remove every obstacle so she can’t hide anymore. This show isn’t about her losing weight. It’s getting her to walk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

But Mrs. Slocombe would like her pussy!

I was shocked for a moment, until I remembered the show.

I actually met John Inman at a book signing in Ann Arbor years ago. He looked just like on the show, even after all these years, and was so personable. 

• Love 8

Now we'll get the next round of screaming and crying and refusing to get out of bed.  I really can't see her being part of the five percent. Dr. Now is being way too easy on her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Why does it seem Dr Now is slurring all his words tonight? Is he, too, drinking Fireball and Diet Cokes to deal with Janine?

Edibles. Don't smell like booze. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

She’s not just performing for the camera; she’s convincing herself, too. 

Wait, they glossed over her weigh-in????

Too much time ha see been spent on the whimpering. Not enough tape to show the weigh in. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

"I'm not quitting!"

You're not really crying either, lady.

She's not quitting crying, that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Midnightblue said:

That was weird. They just jumped to "...she is getting surgery"? What was the weight loss? Strange editing.

They realized there's only a half hour left. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Cats are only moved by genuine sorrow.

This is so true! You cannot fool a cat. (I should know -- I have seven of 'em!)

I wish Mother of Cats sounded half as fierce as Mother of Dragons.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

I'm having the same problem--he really is talking much more than he normally does - I'm having difficulty keeping things straight - she got the balloon taken out, she managed to lose more weight BUT she's still not walking and he still went AHEAD with her surgery?  Is she back off to the rehab hospital where she STILL won't start walking.  

• Love 2
Just now, aliya said:

I was shocked for a moment, until I remembered the show.

I actually met John Inman at a book signing in Ann Arbor years ago. He looked just like on the show, even after all these years, and was so personable. 

For years I never watched "Are You Being Served" when they had repeated reruns on PBS.  Then I did, and grew to love it.  It was often hysterical!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

As others have already pointed out, Janine loves being supine in her hospital bed, being waited on hand and foot. Its as close as she'll ever get to luxury. She'll never be able to create a good life for herself with a career. She'll never marry a man who dotes on her. this is it. The forced kindness of people who are paid to take care of her. Its sad. 

I can't fathom how they're ok with destroying their bodies inside and out. Weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, lymphedemas, immobility, grotesquely stretched and sagging skin, infections, yada, yada. I just don't grok the lack of self-awareness and self-respect.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

Prince might enjoy his time at the cat hotel. Hopefully they are playing and loving on him. 

It has to be more fun than his time with Janine!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Wait, they glossed over her weigh-in????

Dr Now said she lost 47 pound.   Close enough to 50 for him.   I am shocked she lost after the balloon was removed.

I want to hug her cat. 

I still don't like her.  If she gets up and starts walking I might begin to change my opinion.   Or not.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Ellie Godfrey said:

I can't fathom how they're ok with destroying their bodies inside and out. Weight gain, diabetes, heart disease, lymphedemas, immobility, grotesquely stretched and sagging skin, infections, yada, yada. I just don't grok the lack of self-awareness and self-respect.

Some folks define themselves by their victimhood.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, navine said:

sorry, but Dr. Now needs a speech therapist

Eh, I’ll give him a pass. Assantis last week and now this hot whiny mess. I don’t think anyone understands how hard this is for him. Hehe.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4