Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Janine LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Also there were lots of signs in the fruit section about the organic items being scarce for some reason--maybe weather related?

A former student who lives in a farm area of Iowa (I think it's all farm area, at least the part that's not given over to the pigs) 😄 called me last night. She said a neighbor could not get his crop in on time because it's been so rainy. That's one guy - she thought the same would be true for a lot of farmers. It's been raining like before Noah's flood here, so I'm not surprised it's having negative consequences.  Yay! Higher food costs for everyone!

7 minutes ago, aliya said:

Lord. Sirens went off again. Five tornado warnings in the area. Now big thunderstorms coming through (I think that's what the siren is for). 

Well, if you're not freezing to death in the winter, you're hiding from tornadoes in the spring. One of the tornadoes is around the Amana colonies - as in Amana refrigerators and lots of handmade wooden furniture. Nice day out for the tourists if there's no tornado coming through. 

My goodness, how terrifying for everybody enduring these tornadoes!  Makes bitching about heat or fog seem trivial.  Please try to stay safe, and I'm praying, no snark here.😟

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

She's a baby beyond belief. She can't tolerate any discomfort at all. I want to slap her into next week. I have 3 year old twins. I don't need to watch other toddlers having meltdowns. 

She really is allergic to discomfort. The grimacing at the simplest, lowest impact activities, the 6 weeks!!! avoidance of walking! 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's working extremely hard! Well, as hard as she can without hauling her capacious ass out of bed, anyway.

Capacious. Yet another good word. 

• Love 14

Everytime I have been in the hospital I spent the entire time begging to leave and asking what I had to do to get the eff out of there. I hate laying in a bed. I hate wearing pjs and hospital gowns. In other words, i cant relate to Janine 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm sorry but this syrupy voice of hers is driving me batshit.

You just want to slap her! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm sorry but this syrupy voice of hers is driving me batshit.

Before he passed out 🙄, Mr Dreadful kept asking if it was a different person talking. She has several pitches and i flections depending on how pathetic she’s trying to be. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I'm a little distracted tonight! Right outside my window, I have a whole herd of deer in my yard. I love living in the country!

I saw a deer on my way to work this morning. He was crossing a side street in the crosswalk.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I laughed out loud when Janine squeaked when she flopped on the bed.   I wish I was watching at home to see if the dog would attack the TV. 

That screeching of hers was like finger nails on a blackboard! Yikes!

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Hell, I was up walking (with a walker) a few hours after my hip replacement surgery and went home the next morning.

The next morning they had my mom up and walking.....then I got the  dreaded 3am call saying she had a bad reaction to pain meds, she was on a breathing tube in ICU for two weeks. As soon as the tube was removed she was ready to get out of bed and run the heck out of there 😂Being bedridden is boring

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I was at the grocery today, and I guess they had stocked up again since the Monday holiday.  

I read somewhere that produce is often restocked on Tuesdays; my own experience seems to bear this out, at least where I shop (had to double back for the lettuce last night because the guy was busy restocking and I couldn't get to it).

• Love 1

As others have already pointed out, Janine loves being supine in her hospital bed, being waited on hand and foot. Its as close as she'll ever get to luxury. She'll never be able to create a good life for herself with a career. She'll never marry a man who dotes on her. this is it. The forced kindness of people who are paid to take care of her. Its sad. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I had surgery three years ago and was hospitalized for two days and had two drains. The second I opened my eyes, I wanted to get up and walk—and this is after having a significant abdominal incision. They wouldn't let me but the next morning I got up, spied a walker across the hall, ambled slowly over, and walked up and down the hall for 30 minutes and got back in bed just in time for my delicious morphine injection. And yeah, it HURT but I wanted to get out of there and I wanted to make sure I kept MOVING.

I was in a rehab hospital for 30 days (have MS and loss all the sensation below my waist).....I couldn't wait to go to PT everyday and to get better!   I missed my pets so much that was motivation to get my ass out of there as soon as possible.

Why don't I believe her when she says she's not eating.........still more with the leg pain......just put her back in the damn scooter and finish off this episode.  

She doesn't WANT to get better, but she does WANT the attention (good or bad) that her actions are bringing. 

• Love 15