Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Now he's going to have to tell her (well he doesn't really have to, but he will to keep the audience tuning in) that he's slept with some anonymous bimbo not long before the wedding.

Maybe Lacey had fresh surgery and he just thought it was a different woman. 

43 minutes ago, Maybeitsme said:

Sarah unfortunately is caught up in the show and maybe she gets paid

She moved from that crap apartment to a house.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So, I would have thought the broom closet would be behind the visitor area.  Like in an area where only inmates and guards are, just because I wouldn't think you'd want inmates having to routinely travel to a location visitors have access to because it would be so easy to smuggle stuff in or send unsupervised messages or just get into all sorts of security risk type stuff. 

So getting a female guard pregnant makes total sense (logistically, at least) but Lamar getting Andrea knocked up in a broom closet seems less likely.  I mean of course why would they both like about it, there is no trashier conception story they could possibly be hiding so it's weird. 

I have taken tours of maximum security prisons in two states and you would be surprised how much inmates are allowed to wander around.  Many have jobs like janitor or kitchen worker and have access to all sorts of things.  

10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But to what end?  Like what is the story that is more embarrassing than getting knocked up by an inmate in a broom closet????

Him handing her a used condom and her slathering a cucumber in the car would be slightly trashier.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Michael needs that sweatshirt so he can remember what his daughters names are.

I need to stop watching this on the couch because I dozed off again, will have to catch the rerun to see what I missed.

We know someone had it made for him. If he did the names on the back would be Pretty Girl #1 and Pretty Girl #2. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

But to what end?  Like what is the story that is more embarrassing than getting knocked up by an inmate in a broom closet????

... that you got impregnated by the Holy Spirit?

• LOL 15

How does Cheryl have any money at all left? She’s taking months long vacations and then moving to a place without a job. Plus she’s been funneling money to Josh so he can buy fancy watches. (I would think she would prioritize getting a better car but whatever.) Now she seems very confident of having money to pay first and last months’ rent plus a deposit on a new place to live. 

Is Josh’s roofing job incredibly well paid or something? 

• Love 7

Oh and I forgot to mention how annoying it was when Andrea was complementing herself about what a great parent she was: “We do a great job of showing you how much we love you!” (And why was she including Lamar in that? Lamar Doesn’t even live with the kids.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

My nephews are visiting this weekend and they watched last night’s show with me. Never having seen the show before, I figured they’d ask lots of questions. Not too  many, but the stuff they said had me rolling on the floor.

“Which one of them was in the joint?”
“He looks like he would be in juvee.”
(They picked up all this slang from the show, their mother is going to wonder)
“That woman’s 47??? How old are you ? (The younger one said, Shhh it’s rude to ask a lady her age) I said I’m 60 and he said “That woman looks like she’s 100 then compared to you. Why is she smoking all the time? That will stink up the house.”
“OMG, they said the B word!!! I thought they had to bleep out the B word!”
“So the mother didn’t go to prison, but she went to prison to get pregnant? Her kids talk better than she does.”
“How does that woman find clothes to fit her? (Lacey) Her butt’s sticking out a mile wide!”

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Aww look at Lacey the homemaker. Such a transformation now that Chon's in chail! Oh wait.....

Andrea is looking rough as hell early in the morning. Lamar is a pretty good guy all things considered. He tried to take the heat for the big secret but Andrea's kids are too smart for her.

Angela, honey anytime you have "No prostitutes" as a rule it's time to give it up 

Here's Sarah again in bed with her highlighter, and Michael with the shirt provided to him to help remember his kids' actual names. I'm sure he won't have sense enough to leave Maria at the hotel next week 

Cheryl's teeth are begging her to gain some weight 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We know someone had it made for him. If he did the names on the back would be Pretty Girl #1 and Pretty Girl #2. 

Welcome to our new mod🍹.  May you stay off tether and away from all broom closets.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

And don't forget.... Cheryl's car is in the shop!  So she has to pay for that, too.  She probably thinks that Tina will front them the $$$ for the first & last month's rent!  That old bitch OWES it to Josh! He's been in prison!

She IS saving $$$ by throwing her other kids onto her parents, so there's that.

• Love 2

Angela couldn't have found a better way to ensure that Tony will NOT follow 'the rules'. Snarling 'Ah'm the new warden naow, Tony!' and promising 'random inspections'; yep, sounds like LOVE.

Maybe Forehead needs to start giving web seminars on how to locate and ensnare lovelorn suckers; Tony can be his first client.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I didn't totally understand what happened at the end with Cheryl and Tina.  She said Tina hit her? Or hit her son?  

Andrea really believed that her kids bought her bullshit about an immaculate conception.  I hate her all she does is lie. 

There was way too much Michael this episode.  Now we have a third mystery woman in the mix. 

Angela is never not smoking.  Her stupid list was ridiculous.   Douchey Tony will say whatever she wants to hear as long as he's got a free place to stay.

Clint looks like hell. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Angela and Sarah aren't fooling anybody. They're trying to jump bad on TV but if they were really about their business, Sarah would cut off Michael's phone and wouldn't say shit to him about it. Angela would break up with Tony, change the locks, and go on about her life. When you have to make a RULE for your man not to visit prostitutes, you already lost and you look stupid.

I agree with whoever said that Megan is going to be pissed. She can at least understand that Michael has to talk to Sarah about his kids (which he apparently does not do, so whatever), but this Maria person is new. Megan's going to be boo-hooing about how Michael is cheating on her.

When Michael's mother said she'd give Michael privacy when Sarah called and then moved two steps over and stood there listening, I howled.

When Andrea said "I know you thought Priscilla was conceived via the Holy Spirit" and the kids were like "No we didn't," I fucking died. I bet $5 that when the two of them are alone, they talk about how simple their mother is. I didn't notice it until now (maybe because Priscilla isn't on camera that much) but Priscilla looks like Lamar.

It feels like at least part of Cheryl's motivation to be in this relationship is to stick it to Josh's mom. Cheryl is a real asshole.

In Shane's position, I don't even think I'd say anything to Lacey since Lacey had a whole-ass fiance when she met Shane and they had only seen each other in person for what, 36 hours? If I did say something, I wouldn't frame it as a confession. I'd be very matter of fact about it. If she got mad, I'd point out that she had a fiance.

Can Donna Faye, Cheryl's sister, Papa Clint, and DayDay have a spin-off where they go around telling people how to get their lives together?

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

My nephews are visiting this weekend and they watched last night’s show with me. Never having seen the show before, I figured they’d ask lots of questions. Not too  many, but the stuff they said had me rolling on the floor 

Out of the mouths of babes..

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I didn't totally understand what happened at the end with Cheryl and Tina.  She said Tina hit her? Or hit her son?  

Tina wanted Cheryl's son to clean up after himself.  Cheryl wanted to do it, so she got angry that Tina was telling her son to do something.  Cheryl, as always, finding drama where none exists! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

In Shane's position, I don't even think I'd say anything to Lacey since Lacey had a whole-ass fiance when she met Shane and they had only seen each other in person for what, 36 hours? If I did say something, I wouldn't frame it as a confession. I'd be very matter of fact about it. If she got mad, I'd point out that she had a fiance.

First of all, confessing to his friend on national TV, it’s already out there. I don’t for one minute buy this story. It’s to create fake TV conflict and drama. And Maria... who is she, since we can’t see her face? Another fake storyline.

That’s what this show has become to me. As soon as the director yells “Cut!” everyone sits around having a drink and a smoke, laughing about the last scene, etc. When I learned how much of 90-Day-Fiance was faked up, and this show being so over-the-top, I’m treating it as a sitcom.

Just my opinion. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Andrea really believed that her kids bought her bullshit about an immaculate conception.  I hate her all she does is lie. 

There was way too much Michael this episode.  Now we have a third mystery woman in the mix. 

Angela is never not smoking.  Her stupid list was ridiculous.   Douchey Tony will say whatever she wants to hear as long as he's got a free place to stay.

Clint looks like hell. 

Oh I'm conversant in jibberish and nonsense, so I was able to suss out what happened.  

Tina was cleaning up a mess that Cheryl's son made (maybe talking shit), Cheryl said "You don't clean MY SON'S messes!" and proceeded to try to physically start cleaning the mess.  Tina pushed or shoved Cheryl's hand away and Cheryl immediately over-reacted and yelled about being struck and "assaulted"

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Did Lacey misplace one of her children?  Or does the third not eat lunch?

Rather than pasting their names on the back of a sweatshirt where Mumbles can’t even see them, it would have perhaps helped him remember Aviahna and Rayne if they were named something short and simple, like May and June.  He can probably spell those too.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Why do people on these shows not use cutting boards? Josh’s mom was dicing onions on a glass plate. On 90 Day Fiancé, Blake’s mom gave Jasmin a plate on which to cut tomatoes and onions, if I recall correctly. It just makes no sense. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, jennyf said:

Why do people on these shows not use cutting boards? Josh’s mom was dicing onions on a glass plate. On 90 Day Fiancé, Blake’s mom gave Jasmin a plate on which to cut tomatoes and onions, if I recall correctly. It just makes no sense. 

I've done this before.  Maybe I'm ready for reality TV!  The cutting board is better but if I'm doing something small and quick something I don't want to dig it out so I just use a plate.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

My thoughts on this latest shit show!  The upgrades like Sarah's house and Cheryl 's money for rent is coming from their paychecks.  Yep they get paid to play to tv land.

I'm thinking Sarah was wanting to get Michael into her bed for baby #3 but along comes Megan!

Lacey was crying when she thought John would be locked up for years because nobody to fight with Shawn for her love!

Angela...how can any man even think of kissing her!  Like licking an ashtray! Uggg!

• Love 5

I cannot understand a damn thing Michael says.  The sound of the "bleep" every other word is the only sound I can recognize.  And Lamar?  Every time he ends his sentence with, "You know what I'm sayin'?" I want to yell, NO I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!  Every person on this ridiculous show should be charged with murder---murdering the English language! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

And don't forget.... Cheryl's car is in the shop!  So she has to pay for that, too.  She probably thinks that Tina will front them the $$$ for the first & last month's rent!  That old bitch OWES it to Josh! He's been in prison!

She IS saving $$$ by throwing her other kids onto her parents, so there's that.

I'm always floored that Cheryl owns like no part of the problems she has with Tina.  Like none, not a shred.  She has no gratitude for the fact that they are living in her place.  Like no humility, not even trying.  

Her car STILL has tape on the window and is currently in the shop.  She talks a lot of shit for someone who probably doesn't have any kind of money.  

I'm sure Tina is problematic.  But if I were her I would kick them both out.  You wanna talk shit to me in my house?  You can catch to stepping.  

Oh wait, she did kick them out. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

My thoughts on this latest shit show!  The upgrades like Sarah's house and Cheryl 's money for rent is coming from their paychecks.  Yep they get paid to play to tv land.

I'm thinking Sarah was wanting to get Michael into her bed for baby #3 but along comes Megan!

Lacey was crying when she thought John would be locked up for years because nobody to fight with Shawn for her love!

Angela...how can any man even think of kissing her!  Like licking an ashtray! Uggg!

Yeah, Lacey is going to be on cloud nine when she finds out that Chon is out of chail. 

Sorry chane!

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Aww JDAlexander... Come on now! The freakos speak freak! LOL!! 

So... I actually watch this show every Friday night BECAUSE I need a good old belly laugh! Whether on the show or on this board, I'm actively LOOKING FOR A LAUGH!  

Between the two, I HOWL with laughter!  It's awesome. 

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

Did Lacey misplace one of her children?  Or does the third not eat lunch?

Perhaps she tucked the child under her breasts so she could use her hands to carry lunch to the table and forgot it was there.  It's not like she could look down and see what was under her foobs.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I love Tony.  I don't know if it's worth it to not hire prostitutes and let the woman paying for everything in my life into my phone.  What are your other options Tony?  You've been sleeping in a car.  

Psst Angela, much like a cop doesn't really need to say they're a cop if you ask them, cons don't need to say they're playing you if you ask them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

What's good is that Angela won't have to swap out sim cards any more to see what's going on in Tony's phone, since he gave her his PIN number.

Enter PIN:  2222

Wrong PIN entered.  Enter PIN:  3333

Wrong PIN entered.  Enter PIN:  4444

Wrong PIN entered.  Enter PIN:  5555

And so on and so on until BINGO!!!!

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

When Tony gives his interviews he appears to not realize that Angela will see them at some point.  I suppose he may expect to have moved on by then, but he doesn’t seem particularly motivated to do so.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Spike said:

When Tony gives his interviews he appears to not realize that Angela will see them at some point.  I suppose he may expect to have moved on by then, but he doesn’t seem particularly motivated to do so.

Well, he has big opportunities in California, so there is that 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 1/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, kacesq said:

So Michael is bringing another “female” when he visits his girls?

I am older and some of the changes in language have bothered me for no good reason, but I feel the need to outline them here:

1. I dislike using the word “female” for girl/woman/chick/lady/gal. Both guys and gals use it and it makes me bug.

2. Being on your period: I have always said that someone has their period, they are not on or off it. 

3. Waiting on someone/something: I still say waiting for someone/something. 

4. Going to prom: Sorry, I went to the prom. 

Anyway, now that I got that off my chest, a few show comments: Angela is equally gross & stupid. She can’t not smoke-I bet she wakes up every couple hours at night and lights up in bed. If you have to make a list of “dont’s” for your fiancé, you need to move on. 

Andrea honestly looks as stupid as she is, she just has a perpetual dumb look on her face. Those poor kids, as if they would ever believe she got pregnant by “the Holy Spirit.” She’s a terrible mother. 

Sarah certainly has a “type.” 

Let’s face it, everyone on this show is terrible, no common sense, desperate, refuses to put their kids first. 

• Love 13
On 2/1/2020 at 9:34 AM, PityFree said:

How does Cheryl have any money at all left? She’s taking months long vacations and then moving to a place without a job. Plus she’s been funneling money to Josh so he can buy fancy watches. (I would think she would prioritize getting a better car but whatever.) Now she seems very confident of having money to pay first and last months’ rent plus a deposit on a new place to live. 

Is Josh’s roofing job incredibly well paid or something? 

They get paid for filming the show. I think I read they get something like $2000 per episode, so not a whole lot, but if they appear on, say, 20 episodes per year, that’s $40K, which is enough to make a modest living with no other job and enough to do pretty well if they have another job that pays over $30K per year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'm always floored that Cheryl owns like no part of the problems she has with Tina.  Like none, not a shred.  She has no gratitude for the fact that they are living in her place.  Like no humility, not even trying.  

Her car STILL has tape on the window and is currently in the shop.  She talks a lot of shit for someone who probably doesn't have any kind of money.  

I'm sure Tina is problematic.  But if I were her I would kick them both out.  You wanna talk shit to me in my house?  You can catch to stepping.  

Oh wait, she did kick them out. 

Yeah, Lacey is going to be on cloud nine when she finds out that Chon is out of chail. 

Sorry chane!

I agree that Cheryl could be a little more humble. If I were her, I’d be kissing Tina’s ass while I’m at the house and saying nothing about her on camera beyond, “I know Josh’s mom doesn’t like me and that’s fine, but we are still getting married,” etc. or, “We’re trying to move out of here as soon as possible so we can have our own space and privacy.” I would NOT be saying Tina disgusts me, I would NOT be saying I wanna smack the dentures out of her, I wouldn’t be saying I love to fuck Josh in Tina’s house because I know Tina doesn’t want that, I wouldn’t say anything to antagonize Tina. I’d let Tina make a fool of herself and just act really sweet to her and make only neutral statements about her on camera. But I can also see that Tina is a difficult person and someone whose not always in reality. She accused Cheryl of trying to fuck her man bc he asked her for a beer and she gave him one. I think Tina is kind of batshit. 

• Love 8
On 1/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, kacesq said:

So Michael is bringing another “female” when he visits his girls?

Michael can not be alone. Have you noticed that? He needs constant support and validation from females. I think at least part of it is financial, for sure, but I’m thinking at least part of it is emotional, too, because without a girl, who is he? A convicted felon who can’t support himself, a failed rapper and a HS dropout and a failed, deadbeat dad. Other than his ability to charm females, he doesn’t have much to show for himself. On paper, he’s got really nothing to show for himself, actually. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I agree that Cheryl could be a little more humble. If I were her, I’d be kissing Tina’s ass while I’m at the house and saying nothing about her on camera beyond, “I know Josh’s mom doesn’t like me and that’s fine, but we are still getting married,” etc. or, “We’re trying to move out of here as soon as possible so we can have our own space and privacy.” I would NOT be saying Tina disgusts me, I would NOT be saying I wanna smack the dentures out of her, I wouldn’t be saying I love to fuck Josh in Tina’s house because I know Tina doesn’t want that, I wouldn’t say anything to antagonize Tina. I’d let Tina make a fool of herself and just act really sweet to her and make only neutral statements about her on camera. But I can also see that Tina is a difficult person and someone whose not always in reality. She accused Cheryl of trying to fuck her man bc he asked her for a beer and she gave him one. I think Tina is kind of batshit. 

Completely agree, Tina is absolutely BSC.  I wouldn't want to live with her either.  But at this point Cheryl would be better off....at home.....with her children.  Surely she can book the literal insane asylum wedding venue over the phone right?

And your right, what a golden opportunity to make Tina look insane and keep her away from the wedding by acting pleasant when Tina insisted she wasnt coming to the wedding.  

Like "oh, well, that's too bad, we'll miss having you there, but we will take lots of pictures!"

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Spike said:

I think Tony is just impulsive and, like many convicts who’ve spent time in prison, emotionally immature/stunted. He said himself, he has problems with impulse-control. You can tell Tony’s been through some therapy or rehab program at some point, the way he talks about/explains himself - addictive personality, addiction to women, problems with impulse-control, etc. 

I don’t know if he intends to move on soon because I don’t know how long he is on parole for. But until he gets off parole, he has to stay at Angela’s house because that’s the address he gave the parole officers. So. The true test of how genuine his feelings are will be once he gets off parole. The fact that he said, “It’s almost not worth it,” when Angela made the list of rules makes me think he’d be gone if he felt he had a choice in the matter. 

IDK. Tony reminds me of an adolescent that is pissed off at his parents rules. I mean, it sucks, to be a grown adult and have to answer to someone else. I think he and Michael are similar in that way - they’re grown and want the freedom to engage in whatever wanton behavior and debauchery they please, but are constantly limited in doing so because they depend on women to support them and these women expect them to be faithful, so there’s a constant conflict between doing what they want to do and survival. In terms of supporting themselves, conning is what they know.
Mind you, Tony is not NEARLY as openly disrespectful as Michael is, but I think they are both users. I think Tony is just less blunt about his feelings (likely because he’s been through therapy or rehab and repeats what the counselors have told him) and explains away his behavior with psychobabble catch-phrases like “addiction to women,” etc. Michael comes from a different background, was convicted of very different crimes and is not an addict, so I highly doubt he’s been through any sort of therapy or rehab, so he explains his behavior and feelings in a much more blunt, cold and unapologetic manner. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 1/31/2020 at 8:17 PM, kacesq said:

Aww...Andrea is doing her best church lady...

And that's pretty pathetic. For a minute, I thought she was going to make an illustration for her little girl explaining how she came to be. TMI, you moron! Why isn't "He's your father" enough to suffice? I used to really like her, but she is a complete jerk this season. She doesn't sleep with her (finally) husband because why? Unbelievable. Sex in a prison closet while unmarried was OK, but not now?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, renatae said:

And that's pretty pathetic. For a minute, I thought she was going to make an illustration for her little girl explaining how she came to be. TMI, you moron! Why isn't "He's your father" enough to suffice? I used to really like her, but she is a complete jerk this season. She doesn't sleep with her (finally) husband because why? Unbelievable. Sex in a prison closet while unmarried was OK, but not now?

She thinks if she withholds sex he will agree to move to Utah.  Like he can’t find sex in California.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I think she’s withholding sex because she’s mad he won’t move to Utah and didn’t come back to Utah with them months ago. 

in a way, I get why she’s mad because when he was in prison, the plan was that he’d get out and move to Utah with them. Then, once he was out, he switched it up on her and said his PO won’t allow him to leave the state. So she said fine and reluctantly agreed to move to Cali with him until he serves out the remainder of his parole. But now that he’s off parole, he still won’t come to Utah. I can see why she’s pissed - she was willing to uproot her and her kid’s lives to go to LA to be with him and it seems like he’s unwilling to make that same sacrifice and give Utah a try. While I do think Lamar loves Andrea, I feel like he’s being selfish. He should at least come stay there for a year or so and see how he likes it. She did it for him, it’s the least he can do for her, after all she’s sacrificed for him. 
At the same time, I kinda feel like they are from 2 different worlds and cultures and I think Lamar is more accepting and open to Andrea’s world than she is to his. I think Andrea is very sheltered and can be very judgmental and uptight about behaviors that are relatively common everywhere - like the smoking and drinking thing, when she walked into the gathering of Lamar’s family getting high and drinking, she acts like they were committing a murder! In reality, weed and alcohol is a very common thing to have at informal adult social gatherings. And didn’t Andrea know Lamar smoked and drank? Was she completely oblivious to Lamar’s culture and what it entailed? I feel like Andrea should have been more aware of what she was getting into/who she was marrying, if all of this is such a problem for her. I don’t know that Andrea is compatible with a non-Mormon. Mormon values and ways of life are clearly pretty important to her and I just can’t see Lamar living that life and I can’t blame him, I wouldn’t wanna live the Mormon life, either. 
so, I see both sides of their conflict. I do think Lamar made some promises that he hasn’t kept, though. I have no doubt that the reason Andrea expects certain things from him is because he sang a very different tune to her while he was in prison and acted much more open to living her way of life than he actually turned out to be once released. 
Their dynamic is a familiar one to me and I recognize it only because I’ve been through it - it’s one of those things where there’s more to it than meets the eye. Lamar APPEARS to be the more reasonable one because he is more patient with Andrea in everyday matters, but on big things, he is far less willing to sacrifice and she is far more willing to sacrifice. 
I do not think Lamar is a bad person, though. I think they are both decent people who love each other, but have fundamental differences that they may not be able to reconcile. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Let’s face it, everyone on this show is terrible, no common sense, desperate, refuses to put their kids first acknowledge their kids at all.

Fixed it for you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Angela: "Oh, looks like I need to write a list of rules for my boyfriend, fiance,  fuckboy." *gets out paper and crayon*

Tony: "WTF is that smoke-infested, desperate woman doing now?"

Angela: "NO PROSTITUTES."

Tony: "What? Really? But baby, I LOVE you!"

Angela: "OK, let's get it on." 

Edited by hookedontv
added snark
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1