Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

So apparently if you're in jail in Texas and have an "eating disorder" they give you a sleeveless flak jacket to wear.  The More You Know (TM NBC) 

I think My Goddess' "eating disorder" is she's too busy doing crack to actually eat.  And did she sell half her head of hair for some crack?  Jeebus.  Weed whacker 1, My Goddess 0.  

Clint looks as if he was pulled directly out of the dryer, still half damp, to film his scenes.  

I see that Cheryl is now following the My Goddess regimen for health and wellness.  She looks like shit.  She was skinny before but now she's really skinny.  And apparently seeing Angela's dentist.  

So does Cheryl have the mindset that her two older kids are over 5 or 6, so they don't need things like maternal attention, guidance, care, etc. anymore?  

Seems like at least Cheryl got the duct tape off her steering wheel, so there's that.  But the back window is styling with some cardboard.  Never change, Cheryl.

Cabbage Patch Sarah ain't fooling nobody.  Your divorce isn't "moving forward" because you haven't done anything.  And you don't need to get a separate attorney to handle child support/custody issues if you actually have a divorce attorney to begin with.   And did this "master manipulator" actually say that she's been paying for Magic Mike's cell phone, car insurance and health insurance?  WTF is wrong with you, Cabbage Patch?  Cut the leprechaun off already!  Good Lord, she's a walking advertisement for codependency and self-esteem issues.  

MeganMyQueen needs to step up her game.  If you're going to go thru his phone, you don't tell him you're going thru his phone.  You're giving him the head's up.  That's not how you catch a cheater, girl.  And no, he's not seeing another woman.  He's seeing other women.   Why doesn't she question why he's not employed?  

Of course Lacey leaves her fight with Shane/Chane to go running to John/Chon's house "to talk."  Uh-huh.  Haven't these idiots been married for, like, 3 months?  (And by "these idiots", I'm referring to Lacey and Chane.)  If they are having these kind of fights 3 months in, the future doesn't bode well for them.  And once again, where are your kids, Lacey?  Hiding with Cheryl's kids?  

Brittany had a crappy childhood, sure.  But this show has way too much Brittany and Marcelino.

Were Andrea and Lamar on?  I guess I really don't care.  

Having so many lovely couples on this show with just an hour per episode is working against LAL.  Portions of the show are about as exciting as Angela's campfire in front of her trailer last week.  

From the previews, it looks like Cabbage Patch shows up to try and bail Magic Mike out of a fight before the cops arrive.  Why?  I repeat, WHY?  Let the dipshit go back to prison.  At least then he'd be a better father, per your own statement, SARAH.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, LucyEth said:

She said she was wearing that because she has an eating disorder.  I don't get it

It's an "anti-suicide smock."  I don't doubt she may be eating disordered, but she must have been deemed a potential danger to herself in other ways to be made to wear one of these.  

From Wiki:  

Anti-suicide smock

An anti-suicide smock, Ferguson, turtle suit, Bam Bam suit,[1] or suicide gown, is a tear-resistant single-piece outer garment that is generally used to prevent a hospitalized, incarcerated, or otherwise detained individual from forming a noose with the garment to commit suicide. The smock is typically a simple, sturdily quilted, collarless, sleeveless gown with adjustable openings at the shoulders and down the front that are closed with nylon hook-and-loop or similar fasteners. The thickness of the garment makes it impossible to roll or fold the garment so it can be used as a noose. It is not a restraint and provides modesty and warmth while not impeding the mobility of the wearer. The suit covers all private areas as the wearer is to be naked under the suit for their own protection.

suicide smock.jpg

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Some of these couples are boring and should have been demoted to the web series.

I'm not sure Brittney and Marcelino are  interesting enough for the web series.  I consider their segment a good time to refill my water bottle.  

Not only is their "drama" uninteresting, it's very clearly all orchestrated. 

I don't doubt that Marcelino would be a horrible know it all in any work situation, but that job interview reeked of producer set up.  Brittney "confronting" her mom and any associated drama will also be manufactured. 

Just now, RealReality said:

I'm not sure Brittney and Marcelino are  interesting enough for the web series.  I consider their segment a good time to refill my water bottle.  

Not only is their "drama" uninteresting, it's very clearly all orchestrated. 

I don't doubt that Marcelino would be a horrible know it all in any work situation, but that job interview reeked of producer set up.  Brittney "confronting" her mom and any associated drama will also be manufactured. 

There have been other, more interesting couples.  Even would have even been more interesting to follow as singles.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Andrea is so annoying. She is so vocal about life in L.A. yet she confides in her Mormon friends the unbecoming things she does. To them, she probably represents what she despises.

Sarah should reconsider the things she involves her daughter in. 

Andrea is so annoying. She is so vocal about life in L.A. yet she confides in her Mormon friends the unbecoming things she does. To them, she probably represents what she despises.

Sarah should reconsider the things she involves her daughter in. 

• Love 2

I know Lamar is a banger (ex-banger?) and it's wise to have him away from his former life, but I am totally on his side about not wanting to live where he, Andrea, and the kids are the only Black people. I honestly don't think it's good for Black people (or other racial minorities) to constantly be "the only ones." I would not live in small-town Utah, or anywhere else where I was THAT much of a minority.

Lacey said it all when she said "John took himself out of the picture." She'd totally have gone back and forth between them for as long as she could. But then again, she got engaged to John while he was locked up before, so maybe John's still got a shot. Shane's friend appeared to have sense!

Cheryl's sister will tell Cheryl straight to her face that she's stupid, and I love her for it.

I felt really sad seeing Tracie. Meth is horrible, and she's just really sick. No snark; it's just sad. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I don't think even 75% of what we're seeing is "real." That doesn't mean that it's not entertaining, because it is. I watch knowing that what we're seeing is producer-driven.

Angela and Tony’s come across has one of the more obviously fake drama .. the smirk she got when they showed up with the cameras at her front door after she sent them that “burning” his shit video from her phone. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Has Tony gained alot of weight? Marcelino and Brit looked heavier, too. The TLC checks must be good. Lots of dinners out and full refriges and cupboards.

Lacey like to play games. That's all there is to her. Poor kids. 

So Cheryl is leaving the kids with her parents and going back to whatshisname? Her sister has something to say about everything except that she's abandoning her kids? 

Angela, stop already. You will take him back. You're gonna have to buy him a new wardrobe, though. 

Andrea sure has a filthy mouth for being a mormon. 

Tracie scares me. She looks a step away from an overdose.  How does she keep getting out of jail after so many offenses? I would think this last arrest would keep her in there for years. Anybody know if she's still in there? 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Tracie scares me. She looks a step away from an overdose.  How does she keep getting out of jail after so many offenses? I would think this last arrest would keep her in there for years. Anybody know if she's still in there? 

I was really surprised that her bond was so low.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Has Tony gained alot of weight? Marcelino and Brit looked heavier, too. The TLC checks must be good. Lots of dinners out and full refriges and cupboards.

Lacey like to play games. That's all there is to her. Poor kids. 

So Cheryl is leaving the kids with her parents and going back to whatshisname? Her sister has something to say about everything except that she's abandoning her kids? 

Angela, stop already. You will take him back. You're gonna have to buy him a new wardrobe, though. 

Andrea sure has a filthy mouth for being a mormon. 

I think there is a push for states to adopt lower punishments for possession and to try to get offenders into treatment.   It's also expensive for the state to house them.  Much cheaper to bond people out and put them on an ankle monitor that they have to pay for

• Love 7

No way Brittney’s Mom was burned over 80% of her body. She would be dead. On a more upbeat note, I love seeing or hearing anything Pueblo since I grew up there. It’s a very unusual town. Had good schools and I had a wonderful, non criminal group of friends.

Edited by hoosiermom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

I agree that if Brittney’s mom had been burned on 80% of her body, she probably would not be alive or she would look a hell of a lot worse than she does. Also, is it really necessary to make her mother feel guilty about things that she cannot do anything about now - especially since she just survived a horrific accident. On the other hand, I doubt she’d be in any shape to be babysitting for a toddler and an infant if that’s what they expect.

• Love 8

I was surprised when Roc told Michael that he and Meagan had plooked.  But I hope it's true and I hope there's a video of it that will hit Michael like hot spit in his eye, the arrogant little shit.

Meagan-daddy stopped short of the most important question when he was probing Michael's character:  "What support are you providing for your children?"

Well, I guess that's a question for many of these heroes.

I'm starting to applaud Smokin' Angela &Tony and poor pathetic Clint/Tracy just because they're not dragging a new generation into their mad tangled mess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 1/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, RealReality said:

Chon's depression drove him to relapse and he is back in jail for a long stretch.  But the real victim here is Lacey. 

But the REAL victims are all of us watching the human blow up doll. 😗

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

So, in the context of Andrea and Lamar's discussion, are we not going to address the fact that for decades the LDS church was, as official doctrine, racist as all fuck against black people. I know as far as official church policy they claim they aren't anymore but they basically called black people evil for decades so that seems relevant to Lamar's hesitance to join the community.

Clint, Clint, Clint, I want to get a power washer and some industrial degreaser if I even have to look at you on TV. 

Lacey and Charmin, Lacey won't be happy without drama, she will find another prisoner to pine over soon enough. And a long island ice tea? Do straight guys really go to bars and order such things during the day?

Michael accusing someone of cheating with ONE of his side pieces? What? Michael will be back in prison soon enough, he is incapable of not running a hustle and he isn't good at it.

Marcelino, it's OK to have like a job that you are competent at and just keep your head low and don't make waves, you don't need to be in charge. Get over yourself, find a government job, keep your head low, don't cause drama, cash the check. It's fine.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, John M said:

So, in the context of Andrea and Lamar's discussion, are we not going to address the fact that for decades the LDS church was, as official doctrine, racist as all fuck against black people. I know as far as official church policy they claim they aren't anymore but they basically called black people evil for decades so that seems relevant to Lamar's hesitance to join the community.

Clint, Clint, Clint, I want to get a power washer and some industrial degreaser if I even have to look at you on TV. 

Lacey and Charmin, Lacey won't be happy without drama, she will find another prisoner to pine over soon enough. And a long island ice tea? Do straight guys really go to bars and order such things during the day?

Michael accusing someone of cheating with ONE of his side pieces? What? Michael will be back in prison soon enough, he is incapable of not running a hustle and he isn't good at it.

Marcelino, it's OK to have like a job that you are competent at and just keep your head low and don't make waves, you don't need to be in charge. Get over yourself, find a government job, keep your head low, don't cause drama, cash the check. It's fine.

I had heard the same thing about the Mormon church, but mostly in passing and hadn't done enough research to feel comfortable saying anything.  Andrea seems a bit self hating and I'm not comfortable with that when she is raising three black children.  

Marcelino would be smart to get a fedgov job if he left in good standing.  From what I've heard it's nearly impossible to get fired if you're a vet.  However, I think he would find it hard to be ignored since he is the smartest guy who knows everything.  

Watching Clint makes me itchy.  He is a live action pigpen from the Charlie Brown comics. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, John M said:

Black people were denied the priesthood in the Mormon church until 1978, and they justified this by saying that Black spirits were less virtuous than white ones. There's a lot of stuff at the link. The LDS church was, as you say, racist as all fuck and specifically anti-Black. Andrea does come across as self-hating.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
On 1/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Empress1 said:

I honestly don't think it's good for Black people (or other racial minorities) to constantly be "the only ones." I would not live in small-town Utah, or anywhere else where I was THAT much of a minority.

I’m white and I wouldn’t live there either.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, John M said:

I would not call Andrea self hating.  The problem is she only sees things on the surface.  Initially it might look like Utah is safer than South Central LA, but Andrea doesn't look any deeper.  What happens to Andrea's children when their friends start to date and none of the white Mormon families want to date Andrea's children? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I'm surprised Tracie can have visitors with the velcro suit she's donning. Isn't that for like suicide watch or something? Oh ok, an eating disorder. Also confused about whether her side hair was shaved or ripped out by the roots. This is more sad than entertaining. I'm disappointed. 

Michael is too weak to eat soup but sure can jump his ass up when his phone's gone missing or he's trying to set Megan up or he needs to smoke a cigarette or tries to start a fight with his 'best friend'

Lacey and her anaphylactic lips are just too tickled at being "torn" between two felons. I love how Chane's occupation is listed as "On Probation" 😆

Bring in the mother in law, let's stir up this pot. Brittany and Marcelino can't get more boring. 

Andrea is a little willfully ignorant about cultural issues. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I would not call Andrea self hating.  The problem is she only sees things on the surface.  Initially it might look like Utah is safer than South Central LA, but Andrea doesn't look any deeper.  What happens to Andrea's children when their friends start to date and none of the white Mormon families want to date Andrea's children? 

She specifically said that white people raise their children better or something to that effect.  

I don't think the problem is that whites aren't going to want to date Andreas children.  You're may be right and white Mormons won't want to date her kids.    

But to me, the much bigger problem is that they are going to grow up having some deep rooted inferiority complex because they aren't white.  Because they have been taught, at least implicitly that white people are better than black people. And so the cycle of self hate continues.  

1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 1/17/2020 at 6:48 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I know it’s bad to say and I’m going to hell but my first thought was was it a meth lab that blew the cabin up ?

I immediately thought meth lab.  Then she had to quickly get out of Alaska before she was thrown in jail.  Sure, make plans to have mom babysit the kids.  That's good parenting.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, kacesq said:

Yawn. Oh Meghan your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...you siren you...

She and Lacey enjoy all this drama. They think they're friggin godesses with all these quality men fighting over them.

But yes Michael your side piece kissed another guy while you were off knocking up your wife. Gtfo.

We all know there is only one goddess and she is in jail sporting a suicide vest and a half shaved head looking like she's been dragged through an alley full of trash.  

Marcellino reminds me of my brother who retired early (without enough money to do so) because he couldn't stand to work with people anymore.  No one was up to his standards.  Like Marcy he was sure he was always the smartest guy in the room.  Hint, he's not!

• Love 10

My theory: The first part of Lacey's phone call of dry tears was real.  The remainder was a "reenactment"; that is, someone from production gave the exciting driving and drug "stuff" details.   Your honor, the defendant Chon <name withheld> is accused of stuff, also things and shenanigans under penal code random numbers. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm surprised Tracie can have visitors with the velcro suit she's donning. Isn't that for like suicide watch or something? Oh ok, an eating disorder.

It is. I assumed that she was starving herself or purging what she does eat (I can't imagine that binging in county is possible, but I wouldn't really know), and the powers that be in jail interpreted that behavior as self-harm/suicide attempts.

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

But to me, the much bigger problem is that they are going to grow up having some deep rooted inferiority complex because they aren't white.  Because they have been taught, at least implicitly that white people are better than black people. And so the cycle of self hate continues.  

I remember an episode of Intervention in which the addict was an Indian man who was adopted by a Mormon family and they lived in small-town Utah. He was the only person of color, like, around. The family was VERY white (fair, blond) and the Indian man's skin was dark. Growing up, the family kept insisting that the Indian boy was "just like them" and he was like, but I can SEE that I'm not; my skin is brown and yours isn't. And of course what the family meant was that they loved him as much as they loved their bio kids but what he wanted was for them to acknowledge that he was, in fact, different, and they just staunchly refused to do it. And it fucked him up and he descended into addiction. And that was when the message he was getting was "we don't see color [which is part of why that message is so wrong]," not "white people are better than Black people," which is what Andrea seems to believe.

Andrea says Mormonism is a part of her history and that's not wrong (I would love to know how that happened), but she also seems to completely dismiss the idea that she and her kids are Black and there's a rich history there too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Andrea says Mormonism is a part of her history and that's not wrong (I would love to know how that happened), but she also seems to completely dismiss the idea that she and her kids are Black and there's a rich history there too.

The African American museum in DC is loosely organized by time periods.  My favorite floor, by far, is the first because there is so much African American history from the revolutionary war and pre revolutionary war that just aren't normally accessible.  So many black scientists, engineers, poets, mathematicians, scholars.  I just read the other day about the first black banking institution.   

It's not a dig at anyone because I bet there are a lot of amazing people throughout history of all races that we don't know about. 

But it is striking how often there is an unspoken message that these "subjects" aren't suitable for black people, but history tells us otherwise.

I feel bad for Andreas kids.  I truly do, I grew up in an upper middle class suburb that as almost exclusively white and there were always subtle messages about race.  I cannot imagine how messed up I'd be if my parents had cosigned that.    

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I feel bad for Andreas kids.  I truly do, I grew up in an upper middle class suburb that as almost exclusively white and there were always subtle messages about race.  I cannot imagine how messed up I'd be if my parents had cosigned that.    

I've spent my whole life in big cities with large Black populations (my high school in particular was in what was then a predominantly Black neighborhood, though there are more white people there now) but I went to predominantly white private schools (all the way through grad school) and there were a LOT of micro-aggressions from both students and teachers that it frankly took me years to untangle. And that was WITH having pro-Black parents and grandparents that were there to reinforce that I was NOT "less than," that I was just as smart and deserved the same opportunities these white kids had (as I'm sure you know, the message Black people often get at such institutions is that you don't belong/don't deserve to be there - sometimes folks are bold enough to say it to your face), and exposure to Blackness and Black people through other avenues.

Andrea said she doesn't care about race when it comes to her kids, but what she's actually saying is that she doesn't care about Blackness when it comes to her kids. Lamar made a point about diversity and its value and she shut it down saying she didn't care about that - the implication was that whiteness is better and she didn't feel like diversity was necessary.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, Empress1 said:

the implication was that whiteness is better and she didn't feel like diversity was necessary.

Fun fact: Until 1978 the LDS church thought that black people who became sufficiently "righteous" would become white. Not metaphorically, if black people just stopped all their sinning their skin color would actually change and they would become white themselves. In 1978 the church clarified that only applied to Indians and that black people could become metaphorically white.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_and_Mormonism

Edited by John M
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What the what? and people were just like ohh ok with this answer? 

I mean, Mormons were if they wanted to remain Mormons.

My point isn't to wade into some sort of religious debate over Mormon current and past beliefs, I'm just trying to point out that this isn't like the first black family to move into the wealthy gated community, like there is a lot of history going on as far as why there aren't many black mormon families in the neighborhood.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, John M said:

I mean, Mormons were if they wanted to remain Mormons.

My point isn't to wade into some sort of religious debate over Mormon current and past beliefs, I'm just trying to point out that this isn't like the first black family to move into the wealthy gated community, like there is a lot of history going on as far as why there aren't many black mormon families in the neighborhood.

Being half Native American I was just confused lol

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, LucyEth said:

I know nothing about California but isn't there a nicer area of Los Angeles where they could live?

I live in the LA suburbs in an older neighborhood (houses built in 20s, 30s, and 40s). My neighborhood has shifted drastically in the last few years—gentrification has swept through and housing has skyrocketed. Luxury condos are going up right and left in spots in LA previously unthinkable to certain people. Tiny houses (1000sq ft) in my neighborhood are 600-700Kand rents are $2400 for said houses. All of that, and my car was broken into in my driveway last week, and homeless people are squatting in empty houses and bathing with hoses in neighbors’ yards.  I don’t know how younger people do it...

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Delta Blow said:

I live in the LA suburbs in an older neighborhood (houses built in 20s, 30s, and 40s). My neighborhood has shifted drastically in the last few years—gentrification has swept through and housing has skyrocketed. Luxury condos are going up right and left in spots in LA previously unthinkable to certain people. Tiny houses (1000sq ft) in my neighborhood are 600-700Kand rents are $2400 for said houses. All of that, and my car was broken into in my driveway last week, and homeless people are squatting in empty houses and bathing with hoses in neighbors’ yards.  I don’t know how younger people do it...

True.  This is why I thought the inland empire would have been a good compromise.  There are nice areas that are....diverse enough in Fontana, rancho Cucamonga, Chino and Corona that should still be reasonably priced, are relatively safe and a short drive to Los Angeles.  I believe all of these areas are diverse in multiple arenas, including religion, so while it may not be as heavily Mormon there would certainly be Mormon churches and communities.  

• Love 5

Good evening everyone! Are you ready to see how tonight's dumpster fires play out? I do wish the show was two hours long, with a watch party like 90DF Pillow Talk. (And no Brittany and Marcellino....yawn)

• Love 8
On 1/23/2020 at 10:51 AM, cooksdelight said:

Remember that Andrea is a professionally trained actress. For what it’s worth.

Now that you remind me all their scenes are well acted ( seem more real) than the obvious madeup for tv that some of the other folks are doing 

I see you marcello and what's her name and you 3 chane chon  and Lacey 

• LOL 1
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Angela's a very good actress but Tony? Yech. Terrible. 

I was talking about the mormon lady that got prego in the prison broom closet.  Now Angela and Tony are a different story.  Definitely scripted but nether one (or the supporting cast) and can act at all

• Love 2

This fight is dumb 

Megan doesn't inspire anger 

I wasn't feeling rock, but I slept with him 

LOL, Megan "used" roc for compliments.  How sad thats all your sex is worth.  

LOL, at least hookers charge $20.  Megan just needs compliments. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Wow. Mike is real romantic: “Don’t fuck my bitch.”

Megan is nodding her head yes as she’s telling the producers she’s never slept with Roc. I mean, this is Lying Body Language 101.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11