Type keyword(s) to search

Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup

• Start Topic

WE know you can’t get enough of Love After Lockup, and lucky for you (and us), more arresting moments are right around the corner!

This summer, the breakout reality series is getting a spin-off titled, Love After Lockup: Life After Lockup, and will continue the stories of five fascinating couples we met in seasons one and two of Love After Lockup.

Focusing on the continuously complicated task of maintaining a relationship on the “outside,” the former inmates will also face the highs and lows of raising children, buying their first homes, meeting parents and abiding by parole restrictions with tempting opportunities looming.

The returning couples will include Clint and Tracie, Marcelino and Brittany, Sarah, Michael…and Megan, Scott and Lizzie, and Andrea and Lamar.

WE. CAN’T. WAIT. Mark your calendars — ‘Life After Lockup’ gets real in June.

• Love 10
(edited)

And they actually picked the biggest train wrecks (well, maybe not Andrea and Lamar unless they're back in Utah with her horrible judgey "friends"!)

I bow at your feet, Drogo, for sharing this. Can't wait!

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 3

The heart wants what it wants!! Clint is the most kind of special. If Tracie isn't smoking something, there's no excuse for that hair. 

How do you put on a face mask with full makeup on? Megan has to be doing this for the check. Sarah is doing this for real life. I doubt she wakes up. She still says shit like "Normally I'm at Michael's release. I haven't missed one" Oh, girl. 

Scott got himself a new Boo. He definitely has a type. Lizzie's daughter is toooo cute! Lizzie, notsomuch. 

Oh how I've missed Andrea and Lamar! 

Marcelino might want to swab a cheek on that baby. Just sayin. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

Wow, Megan is just ridiculous. Still with Michael after all that he pulled, getting into twitter fights and verbal confrontations with his what, 17/18 year old sister. She's basically a teenager herself, mentally and emotionally. 

Clint and Tracie are the reason I'm watching! Good for Alice - say no! Her new haircut looks good, too. I was waiting for her to quote Dr. Phil but maybe the next episode.

Andrea is so dumb. You could tell her son wanted to say "no" when she asked about trusting her to make good decisions. There was a long pause and then an "I guess". Lol. 

Scott thinks he's real popular now and really hamming it up. Gross. I read an article about him supposedly starting a bathing suit line. WTF. I wouldn't trust Scott with ANYTHING, let alone business decisions. Pretty sure that's a no go.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

Well, that was every bit as fucking glorious as I had hoped it would be.

While I find all of them interesting, I have to admit I'd sit and watch a solid hour of just The Dimwit and The Goddess.  

Spoiler

I can't wait to see what drives The Dimwit to the point of trying to kick in Tracie's hotel room door that's being shown in the previews.  

I wonder what this "secret" is that Megan is keeping from Michael.  Maybe she's signed him up for some night classes in literacy.  She seems reasonably bright (academically speaking, not so much common sense), and I shake my head in confusion wondering how she can even hold a conversation with him, on the phone or face to face.  Ugh.  

Spoiler

I can't also wait to see Andrea being told she's trying to kidnap Lamar and making him feel like he's in prison again.  

Looks like Marcelino is still having trust issues.  I'm not a Brittany fan, but I'm hard pressed to imagine she and the other two women are going to get bombed whilst that baby is in their care.  Hell, if Brittany wanted to go out and get drunk with them, she could just have Marcelino watch the baby while she went out.  I think he's still afraid Brittany and Amanda are going to get down and dirty whenever he's not around.  That would make more sense to me than him worrying Brittany would get drunk with the baby there.  

Scott and Lizzie...Ugh.  To both of them.  One of them is as disgusting as the other.  Maybe they should get back together so they only fuck up each other's lives and stay out of the mainstream dating scene.  

And now the countdown begins for next week's episode.  

Loved the commercial for the next season starting in August...Hopefully there are enough episodes of this season "B" to carry us over until then.  

• Love 9

Did anyone understand the Sascha storyline? She had a plea bargain and did four years and then was out on parole. But now she is facing 10-30 years in prison? For the same crime? How was she released? I am totally confused.

And regarding the scene about Michael's release, a camera guy was riding with Megan. But did Michael's mom and sister have microphones on or what? Because as they are pulling in, you hear their conversation but they don't have anyone (production crew) in the car with them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

Did anyone understand the Sascha storyline? She had a plea bargain and did four years and then was out on parole. But now she is facing 10-30 years in prison? For the same crime? How was she released? I am totally confused.

I was wondering the same thing. I hate to admit it, but it made me sad. 

• Love 4
Just now, SunshineOnMe said:

I was wondering the same thing. I hate to admit it, but it made me sad. 

Same here. I was floored and very sad bc she seems so put together and down to earth. I am hoping it is just more BS by production. 

• Love 3

Scott and his teeth (and lack of them) disturb me more than anything on this show. Dentures aren’t that expensive now, dude, look in the mirror!!!

6 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

And regarding the scene about Michael's release, a camera guy was riding with Megan. But did Michael's mom and sister have microphones on or what? Because as they are pulling in, you hear their conversation but they don't have anyone (production crew) in the car with them.

Everyone gets miked up before cameras start rolling. Small cameras are installed in the vehicles on the front and side windows, just like on Catfish. Another faked up show that mikes people before they meet for the first time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Does this even need it's own forum?

It's only on til August, apparently, so it probably doesn't. 

While I don't blame Alice for not wanting that skank Tracie in her dream house/McMansion, she might be able to keep an eye on her better that way.

It sounds like Megan's main rationale for meeting up with Rat Boy Mike is to 'confront' him and 'get answers'. 

10 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I wonder what this "secret" is that Megan is keeping from Michael. 

Mr. 'Is You Ovulatin' '? Surely you jest.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Is it just me or is this showing up as Love After Lockup on your TV and not Life After Lockup?

Well, it's showing as "Life after Lockup" on my screen and apparently the next season of "Love after Lockup" premieres in August with a whole new assortment of inmates.

Speaking only for myself, I'd say for the sake of simplicity maybe the two should be on the same page, kind of like you did the TLC 90DF clusterfuckery?  

You have my total sympathy trying to franchise wrangle, @Drogo.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Speaking only for myself, I'd say for the sake of simplicity maybe the two should be on the same page, kind of like you did the TLC 90DF clusterfuckery?  

That was my thought, too. 

• Love 1

I am floating on gossamer wings I'm so happy our merry band of miscreants, cons, ex-cons, totally innocent people who just happened to be there when someone else committed a terrible crime, baby mamas, parolees, side pieces, and tricks are back! Where to begin? Lizzie has a job at a plastics factory and makes great money? Megan says Mush Mouth Mike is "still bae"? Clint's mother refuses to meet Goddess Tracie? Sarah's never missed a jail release pickup? (sniffle. so sweet!) Scott has a blind date? How long do you think she's been out? 

I feel bad for Sarah, who doesn't seem like a bad sort, if kinda stupid. But Megan is just insufferable. She is loving having a guy in prison. She's digging being some con's moll. That smirk! What do they see in him? WHAT? He's such a scrawny weasel. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am floating on gossamer wings I'm so happy our merry band of miscreants, cons, ex-cons, totally innocent people who just happened to be there when someone else committed a terrible crime, baby mamas, parolees, side pieces, and tricks are back! Where to begin? Lizzie has a job at a plastics factory and makes great money? Megan says Mush Mouth Mike is "still bae"? Clint's mother refuses to meet Goddess Tracie? Sarah's never missed a jail release pickup? (sniffle. so sweet!) Scott has a blind date? How long do you think she's been out? 

I feel bad for Sarah, who doesn't seem like a bad sort, if kinda stupid. But Megan is just insufferable. She is loving having a guy in prison. She's digging being some con's moll. That smirk! What do they see in him? WHAT? He's such a scrawny weasel. 

Well, normally I would say in such a case that the dude must be a smooth talker....

But since he's completely unintelligible about 97% of the time, that's definitely not the case here.  

At least now his incoming calls announce him as "Mike" and not "Mugh."  

Dude cannot even enunciate his own two-syllable name.  Ugh.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
(edited)

Mike wrote Megan a letter in which he said that she is his oxygen.  I call bullshit.  It assumes a) he can write; b) he can spell oxygen.

Protective Marcellino might want to think twice about having a pit bull with two little kids.  Can’t keep it in that cage all the time, and it was growling in the backyard.  What could go wrong?

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Mike wrote Megan a letter in which he said that she is his oxygen.  I call bullshit.  It assumes a) he can write; b) he can spell oxygen.

c) he even knows what oxygen is and/or why it is important

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Marcelino might want to swab a cheek on that baby. Just sayin. 

The baby looks more like Brittany's ex-girlfriend/lover than it looks like Marcelino.  But I guess she's (to quote Maury Povich) "NOT the father."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Well, normally I would say in such a case that the dude must be a smooth talker....

But since he's completely unintelligible about 97% of the time, that's definitely not the case here.  

At least now his incoming calls announce him as "Mike" and not "Mugh."  

Dude cannot even enunciate his own two-syllable name.  Ugh.

And he's so unattractive! With Caitlin and Matt, I could at least see why she found him attractive (until he opened his mouth). With Michael, there is nothing appealing about him to me. Nothing. Megan loves the drama - "my heart is pulling me like a magnet." Girl, shut up. She remains stupid. Her father, who seemed like he had good sense, must be mortified.

Tracie looks terrible - she lost at least 40 pounds and she's gotten too thin. Clint remains stupid.

14 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Me too. At first I thought she'd been in county awaiting trial, but then they said she was on parole for two years, which made it sound like she should be done with punishment for that crime. But yikes - that's felony murder she's looking at.

I saw a commercial for another season of Love After Lockup in August, I guess after this show ends, so that's at least four months of fuckery. EXCELLENT.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I think Sasha was likely just held in jail awaiting trial for four years either because bail was too high or she was held on no bail. Once she agreed to a plea deal, they likely lowered her bail and let her out while she was awaiting sentencing and waiting to testify against others.

If Tracy isn’t doing drugs to get that thin then she needs to rush to a doctor because she looks incredibly unhealthy. By refusing to meet Tracy, Clint’s mom has shown she is the only adult on this show that has common sense. 

Megan just wants to win, not sure what, but just win. Megan should know she isn’t going to get on the good side of Michael’s mom if she is attacking her daughter on social media. I feel like Michael’s mom knows he is going to spend the rest of his life in and out of jail and just waits for the inevitable to take place.

Andrea’s kids must have gotten their common sense from their father. 

Scott and Lizzie: Don’t care. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Scott's friend Shar is lovely. 

Why does she hang out with him?

To be on TeeVee, is my guess. Every time he opens his mouth with that slobbery mishmash way he talks with the missing teeth, I want to run away screaming.

Tracy looks like something you’d see in the tent at the circus where the bearded lady and all the other oddballs sit on display. Her eye shadow should be a crime.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Drogo said:

She may have a strong maternal instinct that the man child brings out.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

Megan just wants to win, not sure what, but just win. Megan should know she isn’t going to get on the good side of Michael’s mom if she is attacking her daughter on social media. I feel like Michael’s mom knows he is going to spend the rest of his life in and out of jail and just waits for the inevitable to take place.

In the past I did not feel sorry for Sarah.  Now, I do feel for her.  I have a feeling that she will never leave Michael, no matter what he does to her, she'll keep taking him back, keep having babies with him and this will go on and on and on.  I want to shake Sarah and tell her that her daughters will be better off without that loser.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

Is it just me or is this showing up as Love After Lockup on your TV and not Life After Lockup?

I DVR'D it and it said Love After, not Life After.  I thought I recorded the wrong program.

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I'll admit that sometimes it's fun to be drama adjacent.  Your life isn't a train wreck, but it can be amusing to visit.  Like the live version of why we watch our shows.  Schadenfreude.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Drogo said:

Next episode is showing up as season 2 episode 16.  So if you want to fold it back into Love, no problems here.

I also need to add that when Megan is sitting in her car, waiting on her bae, the sign on the restaurant behind her is advertising peanut butte shakes and I giggled, because I'm 12.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

I really don't know what is wrong with Sarah and Meghan fighting over that piece of nothing.  They are both sad. Lizzie Scott stuff is all made for the show IMO.  They were done, no way she is wants him back, she wants a TLC paycheck. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I really don't know what is wrong with Sarah and Meghan fighting over that piece of nothing.  

It's spelled s-h-i-t.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

It was delicious finding this on my DVR.  They never found the rental car Tracy stole, abandoned, and then forgot where she left it.   I assume Clints parents ended up having to eat that one. Ugh.  I guess they figure it’s just coming out of his inheritance anyway does Clint have siblings? 

Clint's mom probably didn’t want Tracie in her house because she didn’t want Tracie to know what things she could steal from her and sell the next time she falls off the wagon.

I think the secret Megan is keeping from Michael is that he gifted her with a nice case of gonorrhea. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 6/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, PityFree said:

It was delicious finding this on my DVR.  They never found the rental car Tracy stole, abandoned, and then forgot where she left it.   I assume Clints parents ended up having to eat that one. Ugh.  I guess they figure it’s just coming out of his inheritance anyway does Clint have siblings? 

Clint's mom probably didn’t want Tracie in her house because she didn’t want Tracie to know what things she could steal from her and sell the next time she falls off the wagon.

I think the secret Megan is keeping from Michael is that he gifted her with a nice case of gonorrhea. 

I'm going to put this under a spoiler cover just in case but Tracie gave an interview and apparently this is what happened with the rental car:

Spoiler

She said she ran into some guy who offered to break her off a piece of rock if she'd drive him to pick up some weed.  They picked up the weed, he asked her to pull into another gas station and gave her a few bucks for a blunt for his weed.  She said she went in, bought the shit, and when she came out he was sliding into the driver's seat because she had left the keys in the car.  He drove off, she was high as fuck and didn't want to call the cops, and apparently when she finally contacted The Dimwit, she told him what happened.  He filed a police report.  In the end, he was only responsible for about $2K (probably the amount due for the rental car from the day he picked it up until the day it was finally reported stolen) instead of the $21K full value of the car.  That's the best of my recollection of what happened.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

It sounds like Megan's main rationale for meeting up with Rat Boy Mike is to 'confront' him and 'get answers'. 

That's what she says but she's full of shit. She wants to be with him for some unfathomable reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That's what she says but she's full of shit. She wants to be with him for some unfathomable reason.

Agree.  I guess it's sunken cost fallacy, at this point she has spent so much money on ramen noodles and prepaid phone cards.

He isn't even cute, I just can't 

14 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm going to put this under a spoiler cover just in case but Tracie gave an interview and apparently this is what happened with the rental car:

Hide contents

She said she ran into some guy who offered to break her off a piece of rock if she'd drive him to pick up some weed.  They picked up the weed, he asked her to pull into another gas station and gave her a few bucks for a blunt for his weed.  She said she went in, bought the shit, and when she came out he was sliding into the driver's seat because she had left the keys in the car.  He drove off, she was high as fuck and didn't want to call the cops, and apparently when she finally contacted The Dimwit, she told him what happened.  He filed a police report.  In the end, he was only responsible for about $2K (probably the amount due for the rental car from the day he picked it up until the day it was finally reported stolen) instead of the $21K full value of the car.  That's the best of my recollection of what happened.  

Crackhead stories are the best.  They should have an anthology of them, like Aesop's fables.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
On 6/18/2019 at 9:57 AM, Elizzikra said:

No, she wants to meet up with him and pray to God he tells her he loves her, she "his Queen" and he will forsake all others, just for her.    Good luck with that, Megan.

21 hours ago, RealReality said:

Crackhead stories are the best.  They should have an anthology of them, like Aesop's fables.

I know - they are probably 1% truth in there.  Like the part where they are high - that is true, right?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1