Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Crazy Hair and a Teeny Tiny Part of Canada

paulvdb

Christy has trouble enjoying her sober birthday when she learns her sponsor, Nora, is moving away. Also, an argument leads Bonnie and Adam to make a hasty decision.

Season finale. Airdate: May 9, 2019

(edited)

This was a funny episode, and a great end to the season.

I'm glad they had another wedding; I love weddings, even those on TV. I teared up a little when Bonnie and Adam danced at the reception.

Marjorie and her post-it notes 🤣 - I know someone like that! And of COURSE she signs them!

Edited by MaryMitch
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, MaryMitch said:

Marjorie and her post-it notes 🤣 - I know someone like that! And of COURSE she signs them!

Who else would it be?  The cats can’t write. And they don’t want the milk put away!!  So funny. 

• Love 15

I see they wrote out Christy's new sponsor.  She was hardly in the show.  I think Tammy  was the break out character and there was no room for her.  Adam and Bonnie finally married, it was a good episode.

• Love 6

I'm sad to see Yvette Nicole Brown go-I read it wasn't her idea. 

Yeah I wondered about that. It seemed like they were positioning her to be a regular when she was first introduced, but then Kristen Johnston came along and we weren't seeing her anymore. For the record, I really like Yvette Nicole Brown, but I've really grown to like Tammy so if I had to pick between the two of them I'd choose Tammy.

This was a nice episode for the ensemble. They had more to do than their usual one scene at the bistro and it was fun to see them shopping for Bonnie's wedding present and complaining about her. Everyone had their own little storyline going this time - Tammy with Marjorie's post-its, and Wendy and Marjorie with the lasagnas.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

This is why you do a list of who's bringing what to a party - otherwise you get two lasagnas.

There is no such thing as too many lasagnas, heh. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

That was really cute! I loved seeing Marjorie losing her cool - even if they did not show her 'share'. And Adam's dog (sorry buddy,forgot your name) had a little bow tie for the ceremony!

(I enjoyed Yvette Nicole Brown but they did not give her enough to do. I hope her new project and screenwriting debut is a success.)

• Love 8

This was a genuinely sweet ensemble episode.  They have such a good cast right now that I like getting to see them do more together than the one prerequisite scene of them sitting around the Bistro.  Love that even as much as they may complain about her, they all do love Bonnie and had some real feelings about being left out of such a big milestone.  

The quickie spur of the moment wedding on a dare neither of them would back down from was funny, especially as it has felt increasingly likely for awhile it wasn't ever going to happen.  Apparently they're all going to continue to live in the apartment together now since Christy's kids have ceased to exist.

• Love 6

I know Christie's kids barely exist anymore but I really did expect the punchline of this episode to be somebody remembering Christie had kids who weren't at the wedding, were going to be crushed and they had to reboot and do the whole thing over.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

His brother wasn't there either.  

I liked how Adam and Bonnie got married. It seemed very them.  I also thought Tammy looked really pretty cleaned up with a little bit of makeup.  

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

His brother wasn't there either.  

Bonnie's brother also wasn't there. Remember the long lost black lawyer cokehead brother?  It would have been a fun way to end the season with all the relatives we haven't seen in a long time. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 4:07 PM, iMonrey said:

Yeah I wondered about that. It seemed like they were positioning her to be a regular when she was first introduced, but then Kristen Johnston came along and we weren't seeing her anymore. For the record, I really like Yvette Nicole Brown, but I've really grown to like Tammy so if I had to pick between the two of them I'd choose Tammy.

It was clear that Yvette's character wasn't really interested in hanging out with Christy and the rest of the ladies outside of the meetings, so that limits her potential involvement with the stories. The best part of the show are those women, so it makes more sense why Tammy slipped in more easily and shined with that group.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

Love that even as much as they may complain about her, they all do love Bonnie and had some real feelings about being left out of such a big milestone.  

Bonnie: "It turns out, I'm beloved!"

Anyone know what "teeny tiny part of Canada" refers to in the episode title? I remember the crazy hair line but nothing about Canada.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Anyone know what "teeny tiny part of Canada" refers to in the episode title? I remember the crazy hair line but nothing about Canada. 

It was from when Christy's sponsor was describing what areas her new weather job covers. "They have eight different kind of precipitation. EIGHT!" I cracked up at that.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

It was from when Christy's sponsor was describing what areas her new weather job covers. "They have eight different kind of precipitation. EIGHT!" I cracked up at that.

I live in MN so I cracked up at that too.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, kariyaki said:

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I live in MN so I cracked up at that too.  

"I have seen drier days on Ferenginar; and we have 178 different words for rain. Right now it's glemmening out there."  ---  Quark  (ST:DS9 ) "Let He Who Is Without Sin........" 

One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…   ----   Forrest Gump

• Love 3
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Rain, snow, hail, sleet... help me out; what are the other 4?

Here are 13 types of precipitation. I'm not sure what she was referring to but on that list I've heard rain, snow, hail, sleet, drizzle, freezing drizzle, freezing rain, mixed precip, and I think freezing fog forecasted at one time or the other.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bonnie's brother also wasn't there. Remember the long lost black lawyer cokehead brother?  It would have been a fun way to end the season with all the relatives we haven't seen in a long time. 

Actors of color really don't last long on this show, do they? Regina, Bonnie's brother, Roscoe, and now Nora. (Admittedly, I'm assuming that Octavia Spencer chose to leave, rather than being let go.)

It would have been nice if Adam's brother could have been at the wedding, but Stephen Weber is probably too big a deal to show up for one scene.

The best part of this episode was Mad Marge! I hope we see more of her.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 7:39 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Apparently they're all going to continue to live in the apartment together now since Christy's kids have ceased to exist.

They did an episode with Violet which pretty much wrapped up her storyline. She wants nothing to do with Christy and Christy is willing to accept that. Roscoe should be mentioned every once in awhile because even though he isn't living with them, Christy should still be a part of his life. 

On 5/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, bybrandy said:

I know Christie's kids barely exist anymore but I really did expect the punchline of this episode to be somebody remembering Christie had kids who weren't at the wedding, were going to be crushed and they had to reboot and do the whole thing over.

9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Maybe next season they’ll keep getting married to include people they forgot the previous time. Could be fun. If done right. 

Fraiser did a great version of this exact storyline. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

But Violet was still friendly with Grandma Bonnie. You'd think she'd be at the wedding.

Not necessarily if Christie was there, and there would be an expectation of that.

• Love 3

Great episode...so glad Bonnie and Adam finally got married. I totally understand Christy being upset about the elopement though. One of my sisters pulled the same crap and I was not happy, especially when I found out that her (now ex) husband's sister was there as a witness. Oooo, grrrrrr!

Tammy was so feisty and funny - " I smell apple cider, where is it?!" 😄

On 5/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, jewel21 said:

There is no such thing as too many lasagnas, heh. 

Agree, although it can cause issues over who's was better, lol.

• Love 3
On 5/12/2019 at 12:19 AM, Blakeston said:

Actors of color really don't last long on this show, do they? Regina, Bonnie's brother, Roscoe, and now Nora. (Admittedly, I'm assuming that Octavia Spencer chose to leave, rather than being let go.)

It would have been nice if Adam's brother could have been at the wedding, but Stephen Weber is probably too big a deal to show up for one scene.

The best part of this episode was Mad Marge! I hope we see more of her.

Roscoe is a person of color?   And Stephen Weber is probably still plotting to take back New Orleans (bad shout out to NCIS: New Orleans where he was the bad guy mayor). 

• Love 1

I know Christie's ex was on during the episode Adam bought Bonnie the car.  Was Roscoe mentioned then?  I don't recall.  And as much as I love this show and I get TV shows have done it for years with characters sort of disappearing and never mentioned again, the fact this one is called MOM and the premise was about Christie's relationship with Bonnie AND about how she juggled her own life raising her kids while trying to remain sober.  It seems kind of odd that Christie's character now acts as if she's never even had kids. 

• Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 8:46 PM, LucyEth said:

I don't get how they bring Baxter on the show but there is no mention of Roscoe at all.

That's my biggest problem with the show. I have no problem if the actor who played Roscoe has left acting, but they can still mention the character. Give Baxter a line about "Roscoe is really into _____" or "He's doing really well in______ at school." 

• Love 8

It's great for a tv show, but, for me, I'd love the idea that the couple just did it. Especially for older adults. lol  That way, we could arrange  a great reception later on, dance, eat, have fun.  It made for a nice show though.  Still the only comedy that makes me laugh.  

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, LucyEth said:

I don't get how they bring Baxter on the show but there is no mention of Roscoe at all.

The guy who plays Baxter is now on another show, so I don't know how much more we'll be seeing of him either. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, possibilities said:

What show?

Bob Hearts Abishola about a man who has a heart attack and falls in love with stalks his Nigerian nurse. But he is well off and really really wants her so lulz I guess. 

But it's a Chuck Lorre production and on CBS so the one or two appearances Baxter makes a season on Mom are likely still very doable assuming the new show lasts a whole season. (Which it likely will because it's Chuck Lorre.  The last one and done he created was in the early 90s.  Arguably Disjointed too but that was for Netflix, not CBS.)

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Bob Hearts Abishola about a man who has a heart attack and falls in love with stalks his Nigerian nurse. But he is well off and really really wants her so lulz I guess. 

But it's a Chuck Lorre production and on CBS so the one or two appearances Baxter makes a season on Mom are likely still very doable assuming the new show lasts a whole season. (Which it likely will because it's Chuck Lorre.  The last one and done he created was in the early 90s.  Arguably Disjointed too but that was for Netflix, not CBS.)

A couple of appearances would suffice. Just enough to show that she still has a son and is invested in what's happening in his life. It's fine that Baxter has full custody and Christy is busy with staying sober, college, career, etc. And if the actor who plays Roscoe isn't available, recast the role. It's been long enough since we've seen him, so it's not like it would be weird to see a different kid playing him. As far as Violet goes, I get the show sort of closed that chapter with her and Christy's relationship, but I agree with the poster who said that Violet and Bonnie were on good terms, so you'd think Bonnie would mention her once in a while. But again, it's like the show wants us the viewers to pretend Christy isn't a mom. JMO

• Love 5
On 5/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, funky-rat said:

Not necessarily if Christie was there, and there would be an expectation of that.

If I was Bonnie, I would be PISSED that Violet didn't at least tell her congratulations or something which because the show forgets about the BOTH of them, we can assume happened.

I'm half-expecting a scene next season where they say that Roscoe doesn't want anything to do with Christy either.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I've seen the first episode. It is funny, but it isn't politically correct funny, so I'm not sure if it's going to last long.

I know Christie's ex was on during the episode Adam bought Bonnie the car.  Was Roscoe mentioned then?  I don't recall.

Nope. The show just isn't willing to deal with the issue and that's unfortunate. Clearly they want the audience to forget Christie's children exist. 

• Love 1

So will Adam and Bonnie now permanently move into Bonnie & Christie's apartment? They're good with living with Bonnie's adult daughter who has the master bedroom? (Yes, I realize it's upstairs and not wheelchair accessible.)

I didn't watch the show when the kids were on, so their absence doesn't bother me -- "out of sight, out of mind" and all that. 

I like Anna Faris, but they seemed to go out of their way to make Christie unlikable this season. 

23 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

So will Adam and Bonnie now permanently move into Bonnie & Christie's apartment? They're good with living with Bonnie's adult daughter who has the master bedroom? (Yes, I realize it's upstairs and not wheelchair accessible.)

I didn't watch the show when the kids were on, so their absence doesn't bother me -- "out of sight, out of mind" and all that. 

I like Anna Faris, but they seemed to go out of their way to make Christie unlikable this season. 

Hard to say.  Bonnie gets the apartment for free, but they don't have as much room as they would if they were at Adam's place, because Christie and all of her stuff isn't there.

I found the kids highly unlikeable, so I do not miss them at all.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Norwindian said:

Haven't they lived at Bonnie's place for a long time?  I thought I remembered an episode about Adam moving in. 

I'm thinking he may have been subletting at one point - I recall someone going in to his apartment to get something (cookie sheet, maybe) while he was away at a movie job, and finding someone else in there, but I could be wrong. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I'm thinking he may have been subletting at one point - I recall someone going in to his apartment to get something (cookie sheet, maybe) while he was away at a movie job, and finding someone else in there, but I could be wrong. 

You're not wrong. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, funky-rat said:

It was after he bought the bar and was bleeding money. He stayed at the bar without telling Bonnie that he sublet his apartment to create some cash flow. She let herself in to get the cookie sheet and discovered his renter.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, eel21788 said:

It was after he bought the bar and was bleeding money. He stayed at the bar without telling Bonnie that he sublet his apartment to create some cash flow. She let herself in to get the cookie sheet and discovered his renter.

I couldn't remember the exact timing, but I was sure I remembered the subletter. 

On 5/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, MissLucas said:

And Adam's dog (sorry buddy,forgot your name) had a little bow tie for the ceremony!

Uh, as we found out just last week, his name is Mr. Gus Wooferton! 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 2