Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day Fiancé: Pillow Talk

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

All TLC couples...get money from their salary and IG hustling. (Nobody ever mentions this part on the show)

Yes!  I've already concluded some of Colt's expenditures and maybe Libby's truck and other couple's upscale living and accessorizing (bewbies) are from the extra cashola.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I never understand why people do that on camera, he knows he will get busted. Wait until Family Chantel sees that.

He knew the cameras were there.   It was done for the cameras.  What fun would his visit be if it was just a normal visit with family?   TLC needs some dramatic storyline to film.  It’s staged. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

we all know that PT is filmed before the regular episode airs, and we know it because commercials for the next PT air DURING the regular episode.  TLC isn't hiding its cards that these PT eps are shot already by Sunday night.  So they need to drop the intro fiction of everyone gathering around their TVs shouting, "It's on now!".  It's on whenever they push the play button on their remote, FFS.  (I'm not entirely sold that these are all really their bedrooms, but at least TLC doesn't pointedly break that 4th wall during ads on Sunday nights.) /end pedantic rant

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, if those are their actual bedrooms I'll eat my hat. The pillows still have those labels on them, who leaves them on? And all the rooms are decorated the same--lots of loose throw pillows and comforters; plus everyone has matching side tables and matching lamps? Those are sets. I'm unbothered by this though. Whoever thought up this whole concept deserves a raise. 

Of course they are filmed before the airing of the episode.  There is a ton of editing there - could never be done in 24 hourss.  Not bothered at all.

@Pepper Mostly - I agree on the "set" aspect, though somehow Annie has her hotplate and is at ease with it there on her right.  haha.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think it was in the first episode they showed him teaching in a classroom.

I think y’all are misunderstanding me.

I know  ESL. When I first moved stateside permanently and enrolled in elementary school I was placed in ESL class for 2 years.  (2 grades)

I only went to my classroom for Home Room, Recess, lunch, PE, Music and Dance.

For the core courses I went to a special classroom with only 3 other students.....and, 1 teacher. It was setup like a Day Care center.  It was huge with lots of games and toys. For 2 years.....I literally had private teaching! 🤣

As my English improved .....I was able to sit in Reading class with the other students.

Every time I spoke English or read aloud from the book.......all the other students and teachers cheered and clapped for me.

It was like the cutest thing ever!

Everyone was so supportive! ESL was a very nice experience. 🤗

What I am saying is that he is not teaching at university......like he is trying to lead on.  Is Annie enrolled in college?  She didn’t say this on the show.....I assume not. 

So, how can she be his student?  Only college students are allowed to take college classes.

He is teaching at a campus in an university as part of their Continuing Ed program that is available to everyone. (If even that) This is the community class Annie takes.

He is always grifting.  He should just say he is teaching ESL to immigrants.  

What David taught in Thailand was EFL.  Two different curriculums. And, anyone that is a native English speaker can teach EFL.

Maybe it is just me.   I know he has a college degree.  But, does David have his legit ESL certification college degree??  

Or, are Universities hiring CELTA teachers now??

People have already posted.....once upon a time.....David was a white collar high earning working man.  But, supposedly he did some shady things and now has a criminal record......and, cannot get hire. This is why he ran off to Thailand.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Lesia said:

Sure it is. Certification for ESL teaching is highly intense. You have to take linguistics and morphology and teaching if you already haven't among a lot of other courses.  

Yes! This is part of your actual teaching (education) bachelors and masters degree.  A lot of teachers actually take this track. 

You gotta have a diversity to make hiring easier. I believe all teachers should have ESL certification.  

You know, when I was enrolled in ESL for two grades......it felt like I was repeating the grades.  Now, I was just learning the same things in English.  By the time I was in 5th grade....I was asked if I wanted to take the 6th grade classes instead. I did. In HS, I skipped my senior year.  I took CLEP and did a bunch of college this way.

Now, kids do...AP classes.  Where I live they actually have AP High Schools.  I was like.....right on!!!!! That is awesome. 

Yea......Good stuff with ESL! 

This is is why I am side eyeing Grifting David and his ESL bullshit!

(now, I hope y’all get why I get annoyed when he say this) 

It is just like Dr. Leida!!!! Nobody understands what is going on there.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I see Taco Bell has delivery but I would think you would have to order a ton of food if they had a minimum.

Usually fast food places have delivery through food delivery services like door dash, grub hub, etc... so you can order as little as you want but there have been local discussions in my city and if your meal is not worth the effort of any drivers then you might not get it. 

14 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Ahhhh, man!  I love Old Fat Wise Man David mode!  

He gives the BEST advice on Pillow Talk.

The faces Annie makes (at his outrageous lies) are priceless.

Those 2 are the Biggest Grifters on the 90 Day franchise.

He still has no job and lives in the storage without  proper stove. 

When Annie gets her green card and can work.......he is going to make her be the bread winner.

sad!

He manages the storage unit facility. Sounds like a job to me.  

13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Weren't they already married and isn't Lucy actually his daughter but they don't admit it because it would screw up the timeline of the show?

Jon has some pretty strong facial features that I think we'd see in Lucy if she was his biological daughter.  I know that's what a lot of people believe but I don't buy it. 

4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, if those are their actual bedrooms I'll eat my hat. The pillows still have those labels on them, who leaves them on? And all the rooms are decorated the same--lots of loose throw pillows and comforters; plus everyone has matching side tables and matching lamps? Those are sets. I'm unbothered by this though. Whoever thought up this whole concept deserves a raise. 

I think in most cases they are probably spare rooms. Except Annie and David because we know they don't have a spare room. But I wouldn't be surprised if they set up a studio to look like their house.  The house we see for Tarik on pillow talk is different than the house we see on 'what now'. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe David is giving classes in one of his storage units? All he needs is a few chairs and a dry erase board. 

Annie is his star pupil. Her favorite fruit is pineapple. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Of course they are filmed before the airing of the episode.  There is a ton of editing there - could never be done in 24 hourss.  Not bothered at all.

I think my point got lost in my complaint: obviously PT was shot well before the original airing; at the VERY MINIMUM, with 4 couples watching a 2 hour show, that's eight hours of raw footage that needs to be watched, cataloged, edited, and all post done.  That's not happening in 24 hours.  My problem is that is clearly a direction to the couples to add in the "oooh, it's on now/it's back from commercial" etc. like they are watching it live.  TLC has to know that a lot of people are on to the shadiness and fakery of the regular show.  So why add in one more demonstrably fake thing?  The couples simply do not have to say it and the edit simply does not have to include it.  Or they could say something like, "It's time to watch the show"--which doesn't have to perpetuate the obvious lie.  I just think that TLC should do the most to mitigate the fakery that is already presumed and the whole thing just comes off as more moronic than usual.  Or just a whole lot stupider. LOL

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

I think my point got lost in my complaint: obviously PT was shot well before the original airing; at the VERY MINIMUM, with 4 couples watching a 2 hour show, that's eight hours of raw footage that needs to be watched, cataloged, edited, and all post done.  That's not happening in 24 hours.  My problem is that is clearly a direction to the couples to add in the "oooh, it's on now/it's back from commercial" etc. like they are watching it live.  TLC has to know that a lot of people are on to the shadiness and fakery of the regular show.  So why add in one more demonstrably fake thing?  The couples simply do not have to say it and the edit simply does not have to include it.  Or they could say something like, "It's time to watch the show"--which doesn't have to perpetuate the obvious lie.  I just think that TLC should do the most to mitigate the fakery that is already presumed and the whole thing just comes off as more moronic than usual.  Or just a whole lot stupider. LOL

And why have them in bed, when they clearly aren’t watching in real time? I get the idea that they are trying to make it seem like they’re just regular folks like us lolling in bed but like you say it just perpetuates  the fakery aspect.  I would like to see the show done similar to the old MTV shows with the pop up comments. Let VIEWERS text comments live as the show airs. The other couples comments are interesting, but I hate to see David redeeming himself by knocking others when glass houses you know. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

And why have them in bed, when they clearly aren’t watching in real time? I get the idea that they are trying to make it seem like they’re just regular folks like us lolling in bed but like you say it just perpetuates  the fakery aspect.  I would like to see the show done similar to the old MTV shows with the pop up comments. Let VIEWERS text comments live as the show airs. The other couples comments are interesting, but I hate to see David redeeming himself by knocking others when glass houses you know. 

I think they changed it up because of Bravo's Peoples Couch (sadly I miss that) I find this entertaining and even worse, find Loren likeable now.. I find Annie cooking on her hot plate a hoot and for the most part get a sense of the debauchery TLC was doing during their seasons.

• Love 11
(edited)
19 hours ago, happy hobo said:

Jonathan and his child-bride. Really? You can buy a teenager a jeep and boobies but they are still easily bored. You wanted to keep her in no-where-ville and think she would be happy? Happy how? Happy to see you and your too-old-for-her friends? Happy to do nothing but prepare to jump in the sack with you every night? Now she wants $$$ from you? Guess you couldn't get that from all the 'things' you have already given her? Sucker! (But Jonathan deserves it.) 

I disagree.  What's her name only wanted to come to the USA for $$$.  She's just as much a grifter as anybody else on the show.

I watch this show to enjoy it.  I don't care if they're watching in real time or not.  I don't need to overthink or overanalyze anything, I guess I'm just simple, I just watch to enjoy.  I mean it's Pillow Talk.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12

I wish Darcey and her sister would stop pretending to eat anything they bring in as a snack.  They don't snack, they probably hardly eat at all.  This week the Chinese food was the best, tons of food and they were barely touching it, then Darcey accuses the sister of sneezing on the food and says it's disgusting and she cannot eat it.  What a bunch of BS, a good excuse not to eat!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I think they changed it up because of Bravo's Peoples Couch (sadly I miss that) I find this entertaining and even worse, find Loren likeable now.. I find Annie cooking on her hot plate a hoot and for the most part get a sense of the debauchery TLC was doing during their seasons.

When Annie spills some hot soup on her crotch or better David’s, that will be funny.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2019 at 11:58 AM, LGGirl said:

Coming on a tourist visa is different.  It probably costs money for Azan to obtain  tourist visa, more than Nichole hopping on a plane to Morocco.  If Azan wanted to be here, he would.  Many ways to enter the US without any documentation.  

As far his K1 visa, many of us suspect that he never applied or went through the process.  Nichole was informed of his status via email.   That just doesn’t happen. 

We will see if Granada ever happens ....

A tourist visa for him to travel from Morocco to the xUSA is only $160.  He also would have to complete an application and have an interview.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, LGGirl said:

TLC needs some dramatic storyline to film.  It’s staged. 

Not much reality in reality TV these days. They're going to juice these couples for all they can get. 

Even the Homes and Gardens channel with folk selling or fixing up houses - it's all fake.   Well, maybe not the 600 pounder stars....they're real, we see them in the shower

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Okay I can see you don't like the faux drama.  I heard one or two "it's back" and I didn't think it was live, but rather that the editors put in 2 minutes (some amount) for bathroom breaks where the cuts for commercials are.  So for some of our actors it could be a real reaction.

• Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find a Pillow Talk episode for Happily Ever After S4.E5 Dirty Dancing at all in my TV schedule. 

I'm seeing 90 Day Fiancé "Paul & Karine: Our Journey So Far" tomorrow night from 8:00 PM to 11:03 PM EDT, then 90 Day Fiance: What Now "Ready to Fight" from 11:03 PM to 12:00 AM EDT.

Anyone else?

1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find a Pillow Talk episode for Happily Ever After S4.E5 Dirty Dancing at all in my TV schedule. 

I'm seeing 90 Day Fiancé "Paul & Karine: Our Journey So Far" tomorrow night from 8:00 PM to 11:03 PM EDT, then 90 Day Fiance: What Now "Ready to Fight" from 11:03 PM to 12:00 AM EDT.

Anyone else?

I think they are skipping for Memorial Day 

• Love 3
On 5/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Lizzing said:

I could handwave this. If the episode is edited in April for a May airing, the editors know where the commercial breaks will go. So they could film the bed scenes in April. No, they're not watching the same day we are. But they're still watching in real time.

But after being tricked by Ru Paul splicing together 2 different takes to show apparent co-winners, I now assume everything on all reality shows are fake.  Maybe the viewers are just in a TLC set watching a teleprompter telling them what to say and how to react. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LucyEth said:

Annie and David now staying with his sister, the warehouse was sold.

Insane!!!!!! 

But, I feel that at this time.....it is just a storyline for the show. To keep people talking about them. They are in on the joke now.

• Love 5
(edited)

OMG Darcey's hair.  Dean is so funny sometime, what was that trumpet move or whatever he was doing?  

Edited by LucyEth
Changed Stacey to Darcey
  • Love 3

I don't think I want to watch them talk about Coltee's sex life again.   Ew

The sisters are looking worn out and why are they even here?  Unless Stacey is going on The Other Way show?   Their heads look so bloated from the injections that they are perched oddly on their no necks draped in copious amounts of dry, over styled hair.  Yeeks

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I'm shocked the Grenada trip got cancelled! Family emergency. How original. hahahahaha. (Or however you spell it)

Yes.... shocked is the word. 

• LOL 3
(edited)

Debbeee chanelling Nora Desmond with her face while listening to Colt try to explain about Larissa's children in the pet store. 😂

Edited by renatae
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Alexi finally closed his legs! He was thrusting his manhood at the screen.

Colt’s sex life has been back alley $5 hookers......which is why he moved to Vegas.

oh, FFS.....Larissa wants to shower before relations.

Why is this cat cuddling man baby complaining? Lol!

Annie....stop trying to make Boom-Boom happened.

You ruined it when you described Penguin’s boom-boom butt all up in the air smashing you. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

Has Chantal Botoxed her entire face? She has no facial emotions at all!

She should get her jaw botoxed, she always talks with it clenched.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3