Type keyword(s) to search

Dear Diary: Question Of The Day(s)

Message added by JTMacc99

Reminder:  This isn't a discussion thread.  Either answer the question, or skip it and come back for the next one.   

• Start Topic

Black licorice:  No way in hell.

Red licorice:  It's not disgusting but I'd never voluntarily eat it.

(Also, while it was clear from context what they mean, I had to go look up who the hell came up with yarp or narp for yea or nay [Hot Fuzz, apparently]).

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I love black licorice. Even as a kid there was mom and pop home made I ice cream store and my favorite was licorice. There was a store in Carmel that sold only licorice too.  I’m just reading black licorice has something in it that can cause heart issues for folks over 40. Have a bag in my cupboard now 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Okay, I'm not a fan of Twizzlers in any color, but when those black jelly beans come out at Easter I load the Target cart down. Yum yum. That was the best day ever when they started making whole bags of the black ones cause me & my dad used to fight each other to get them from the rest of the lame flavors in the bag.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I hate black licorice. 

My mum ate something like 2lbs of it, when she was still allowed to eat something, waiting for me to be born. I loathe it. 

Red licorice is okay, but I haven't eaten it for years. 

• Love 1
On 10/2/2022 at 11:51 AM, Bastet said:

Black licorice:  No way in hell.

Red licorice:  It's not disgusting but I'd never voluntarily eat it.

(Also, while it was clear from context what they mean, I had to go look up who the hell came up with yarp or narp for yea or nay [Hot Fuzz, apparently]).

I love black licorice.

Red licorice is not licorice, and even if it were just named "red chewy candy", I would still hate it.

Going back a bit, as a Wisconsin born and bred gal, cheese wins out more often than sweets (except maybe for licorice). :)

Sharp cheddar

Pecorino Romano

Brie

Gorgonzola

Havarti

So many more I couldn't name them all...

Not really a sweet person maybe the saltiness of licorice is what draws me to it.

My favorite piece of candy as a child was whichever full-sized one I chose from that one house who went all out.  Some years it was a Snickers bar other years some Reeses.  It was never really about the candy but the fact that I got to choose from a wide assortment of the good stuff.

Least favorite--Good and Plenty or this

image.thumb.png.75446768dfccf92be507432059b3427a.png

I really wonder who hurt those adults who willing bought either one and gave it out to children.  If you are not willing to buy actual good candy, then leave your light off and ignore us.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

My favorite was 3 Musketeers or Milky Way. They are nowhere near my favorite candy bar but for some reason they tasted so much better in the mini size.

7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Least favorite--Good and Plenty or this

image.thumb.png.75446768dfccf92be507432059b3427a.png

I really wonder who hurt those adults who willing bought either one and gave it out to children.  If you are not willing to buy actual good candy, then leave your light off and ignore us.

That was my least favorite too. Luckily my mom LOVED them so I just gave them all to her. She was thrilled. 

• Love 2

I think my favorite was 3 Musketeers.  No one else at my house liked them, so while we always had candy at the house, we never had 3 Musketeers. I only ever got them trick-or-treating.  (Until I got older and could buy my own!  Now I'm not a fan.)

Least favorite?  Candy corn.  Also, candy corn.  Those orange and black things pictured above were pretty bad, too, but candy corn is the worst.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think my favorite was Mr. Goodbar. Or a Hershey Bar with Almonds. You can't go wrong with chocolate and nuts.

Least favorite (besides anything licorice) were those peanut-shaped marshmallow things that tasted like chemical bananas. Whose idiotic idea was that???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I hated Mary Janes

134334-01_mary-jane-candy-11-ounce-bag.j

I would trade them with my sister for Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies (she hated those).

My favorite were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

I'm going to give Mary Jane's a pass, since they were responsible for helping me lose a tooth.  I think I got a Kennedy half dollar for it.  Favorite may have been Peppermint Patties, although anything with chocolate but not nuts would be in the running.

• Like 2

I loved peppermint patties. One year I went trick-or-treating with a friend and her neighbor gave her TWO peppermint patties and me one… something else. I just could not fathom the cruelty of the world in that moment. 

Least favorite: Twizzlers. 

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I hated Mary Janes

134334-01_mary-jane-candy-11-ounce-bag.j

I would trade them with my sister for Sugar Daddies and Sugar Babies (she hated those).

My favorite were Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

"Produced with Genetic Engineering". How times have changed.

My favorites were (and are) Kit-Kats, plain M&Ms, Snickers, and Reeses (pieces or cups). My parents got whatever coconut (Mounds, Almond Joy), the grossness listed above I couldn't trade away. I could usually trade away Laffy Taffy, Skittles, and most other things.

• Love 1

I only went trick-or-treating once, as I found it weird and didn't do it again, but we had a fun carnival for Halloween every year in elementary school.  Since we could pick our own candy from the bowls placed around various stations, I'll give a slightly revised answer:

Hoped was in there:  Just about any dark chocolate bar would be great, but for someone I really only had at Halloween I would hope for Reese's peanut butter cups or York peppermint patties

Would pass if it was the only thing left:  Many, many non-chocolate things, or chocolate bars with big ol' nuts/nut chunks (love them both, but not together)

• Love 1

Funny - my favorite as a child to receive was definitely candy corn and I had a whole ritual for how to eat it - bite the white section off first, then the bottom yellow section and finally eat the middle orange part. Now I can't even imagine eating them...I would probably choke from the combination of "wax" and sugar.

Second favorite was Three Musketeers - you put the bars (any size will do!) in the freezer and they are even better than at room temperature. I don't like any nuts in my chocolate so anything like Snickers or Mr. Goodbar or whatever got passed to my mom. I also really hate Smarties, pixie sticks or anything that is like flavored chalk so those were given away immediately as well. I was a picky candy eater!

• Love 3

My favorites were peanut mms, Reese's peanut butter cups and whoppers. 

There was  funeral home a block over who would always do it big on Halloween. We always made sure to stop there to trick or treat because it was super scary and they had always would have a skeleton in the front viewing room in a casket and they gave out good quality jolly ranchers, pixy stix and (much to our parents delight) a toothbrush. 

• Love 3

Since a lot of these types of memes (not this one, and certainly not here) are used to mine login credentials and ID info (e.g. "mother's maiden name"), I am going to stick to my habit of not using my given name and use my screen name, so my Turkey name is:
yam Bam Gobblestein

ETA: Clearly I won the What's Your Turkey Name lottery.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Since a lot of these types of memes (not this one, and certainly not here) are used to mine login credentials and ID info (e.g. "mother's maiden name"), I am going to stick to my habit of not using my given name and use my screen name, so my Turkey name is:
yam Bam Gobblestein

Oh, I'm totally with you, I never answer any of these on facebook. I just figured this one is general enough for here. 

• Like 1