Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Long Night

Message added by Meredith Quill

Reminder:

All preview talk must be under spoiler tags.

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

Arya looks to prove her worth as a fighter.

Reminder: This is for discussion of the TV show only, no book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any spoiler from outside the books (i.e. previews) should be in spoiler tags.

I LOVE THAT IT WAS ARYA, THE PRINCE WHO WAS PROMISED LOL

This episode wasn’t that bad, not sure whether to be happy or disappointed about that.  All deaths were expected.

Is the Night King really GONE GONE? That bitch Cersei with another win.

Living vs. Living let’s go.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 13

Arya for the Fucking Win! Damn I'm slow I missed the whole thing. Like did not get the Red Priestess' whole talk with Arya...went right over my head!

Poor Theon knew he would die protecting Bran but, it was still so sad to watch.

Jorah's death ranked 2nd in the sad death department.

Did Raghael (sp?) Die? 

Good episode but most of this was telegraphed last week. Except the big one, so I guess that's a major win for them.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

That was so relentless and exhausting I feel like I need to watch it again to process everything that was happening. But I don't think my nerves could take it again. Amazing. So Arya is Azor Ahai y'all. 

The two I didn't see were Podrick and Ghost did they make it? The Dothraki are wiped out and the Unsullied too. Wonder if the other Northern houses will take up arms against Cersei? 

• Love 13

Jesus Christ that was fucking INTENSE! I'm just totally floored right now.

For all the carnage though, the death count was thankfully less severe then expected (of named characters, there is, the body count was easily in the thousands, not counting those who died twice). Edd, Beric, Theon and Mel were pretty much telegraphed. I didn't see Tormund in the last twenty minutes or so,, did he die? Greyworm also lived unless I missed it, but probably only to fall victim to Cersei. But that's another battle for another week. Edit: Forgot Lyanna. I expected her to die, but she had the most glorious death of them all. Of course she wasn't going to have anything less. And Jorah, had written off the Mormont's last week already it appears.

Arya killing the NK wasn't a huge surprise, but I totally loved every bit of it. Nice callback to her sparring scene with Brienne. 

Was that the best episode of the show? Hard to tell, but it certainly was the most spectacular and I can't imagine they're even going to try to top it the remaining three episodes. That's the only bummer really, that it's almost over now. But what a wild ride. Or, in Bran's words: You're a good show. Thank you. 

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 22
Just now, Lillith said:

That was so relentless and exhausting I feel like I need to watch it again to process everything that was happening. But I don't think my nerves could take it again. Amazing. So Arya is Azor Ahai y'all. 

I check my watch 32 minutes in because I thought I might stroke out or something and was hoping the Apple Watch would call 911.  Interesting because that was just about the time they took a slow and quiet pace for about 5  minutes.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Damm, Lyanna AND Jorah?! I was expecting one or the other.

Forget the amazing battle scenes, Tyrion and Sansa absolutely ripped my heart out tonight.

I was actually expecting a lot more. Although I'm not quite sure who survived.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lillith said:

The two I didn't see were Podrick and Ghost did they make it? The Dothraki are wiped out and the Unsullied too. Wonder if the other Northern houses will take up arms against Cersei? 

I saw Podrick up against the wall with Jaime and Brienne at the very end. Alive. Did not see Ghost. 

I love that Bran knew to give Arya the cats paw dagger last season. But I wonder if he knew all of this would happen. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Podrick yes. No idea on Ghost, he disappeared with the Dothraki. I hope he didn't die off screen

Maybe he's chilling with Nymeria and the rest of the pack. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Relentless.  But Arya is the MVP.  I love that she saved the day.  I'm hoping that Ghost somehow survived.  I mean if useless Sam Tarly (sorry, never a Sam fan) survived through sheer incompetence, I'm hoping the wolf made it.  RIP Lyanna and Jorah Mormont, Edd, and all the poor Dothraki and Unsullied who gave their lives for a thankless people.  Glad Sansa spoke a truth.  Useless, but finally decent towards her first husband.  Seems like Daenerys is still is a snit because she's not the only one.   But Drogon was adorable being sad with her.  I will have more to say later, but I have to wash the dishes.  LOL

Edited by taurusrose
Correct the dragon's name.
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Lillith said:

I haven't seen Podrick for while, but I guess he did. No idea about Ghost. By the way, where the hell was Nymeria? I absolutely expected them to show up. But I guess they barely would've made a dent anyway, only added some wolfs to the NK's army. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rozen said:

This was great and all...but what the hell was Bran's plan? Seriously? He sat there warging into some ravens watching w/ surround sound as the Night King came to murder him? I honestly expected the Night King to strut up and suddenly bend the knee to our new Sith Lord Bran. 

I know the plot demands Dany take enormous losses to make her battle for the throne harder, but wtf was sending the Dothraki to their doom with no support? Literally why? 

I love how Clegane was ready to let all these suckers die until he saw his baby Arya was in danger. He snatched her up like a unruly kitten and booked it!

I know, I didn't get what he was doing in that trance the whole time. What the hell was the plan?

• Love 9

This episode made me realize that I would have survived with anyone dying, except for Arya and Tyrion and Brienne and Sansa. Like, the rest I would have been sad over, but not surprised about. Surprisingly, I would have been the least heartbroken over Jon or Dany. 

• Love 15