Type keyword(s) to search

S38.E08: I'm the Puppet Master

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

The puppet master attempts to pull the strings on other castaways, and one castaway struggles to find balance at an immunity challenge after exhaustion takes its toll.

Just now, Ms Blue Jay said:

If the editing is true, I vote for Wardog to win the whole thing.  

How are Kelley and Lauren always 100% sure not to use their idols?  Especially if they know they can't use them on EOE Island/Not a Holiday Inn? 

Reader, when I tell you I SCREAMED 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂  ("1/2 Immunity Idol")

rick.jpg

I was wondering the same thing.  I about had a heart attack when neither of them played it.  I thought for sure one of them would. 

Seriously, I was rooting for a Wardog/Wentworth/David/Lauren final 4 but hopefully tonight the game is officially on and Kama strong is done.

• Love 8

I just started watching this season tonight.  How weird to see all 4 of the returning players still in the game.  Hope to read a quick synopsis of who was voted out and why.  I liked the woman who won immunity--an athletic lawyer.  I am a lawyer and used to be athletic when younger.   Understand the woman who fainted.  Didn't she complain about starving?

• Love 1
Just now, LanceM said:

So for those keeping track at home Julia, Gavin, Victoria and Aurora were the Kama members who voted for Eric.  Kudos to all of them.

Thanks!  I wasn’t paying attention at the end.  I knew Julia and Gavin did.  Glad to see some game play finally!  I was very surprised by Julia tonight playing Eric over voting David our over Kelley.

• Love 4

I do love a blindside of a smug player but why didn't they take out Ron instead?

Wow, all the young 'uns voted for Eric. Sorry, Rick, you are on the outs again. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 20

I knew as soon as Kelley and Lauren didn’t play their idols that Eric was gone. Great blindside. Hope they go after Ron next week. Julia gets player of the week for that great idea to shake up the game, and Victoria is slaying these challenges. 

It was kind of tacky that Aurora decided to try to psyche Vic into giving up in the challenge while Lauren was passed out practically at her feet. 

And Reen continues to be the snarkiest of welcoming representative to EOE beach. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
(edited)

I don't know about anyone else but I was dying with laughter during that Wardog and Rick conversation. Here's the thing, Rick was playing with emotion and not thinking about the bigger picture. But that said, Wardog is annoying and probably the worse person to have broached the offer to Rick because he's so obnoxious. And also, it's not unreasonable that Rick would not want to work with and trust people who were so quick to want to vote him out again. 

Which brings me to my annoyance when Kelly started talking about how they were trying to destroy each other instead of working together to bring Kama down, who if left alone, was only going to pick them off one by one. Because that's EXACTLY what I said last week. I didn't understand why, when they were down in the numbers, Kelly, Lauren and Wardog's plan last week was to go straight after one of their own rather than Kelly trying to pull in Joe who had legitimate concerns that he was not part of the Kama group and try to take control of the numbers. 

Instead, she was determined first to send Rick right back to Extinction, despite the fact that Rick's being voted out wasn't even some blindside drama or anything like that. They were all weepy about how much they loved each other but someone had to be voted out and yet when he gets back in the game, Kelly and Lauren were all, "he needs to go right back". Then they nix that, only to put all their votes on David. It just made no sense and of course this week sense prevails but yeah, of course Rick is pissed off and wants nothing to do with them. 

That said, annoying as Wardog is, kudos to him for planting that seed in girl whose name I cannot remember's head (Julie, that's it). And the way she confirmed Wardog was right in her conversation with Eric was perfect. So many seasons and still so many of these players get done in by their arrogance. I was with Gavin and would have much preferred Ron but seeing his face at the end was still beautiful enough. I can take any of the players winning this season BUT Ron. 

eta: Okay, how could I forget to comment on that mess at the Immunity Challenge. First of all, I do think they should have paused the challenge. Granted it would have allowed Victoria and Aurora time to stretch their legs and maybe prolong the challenge when they restarted but so what?

To have Lauren passed out on the ground and Jeff is still calling a challenge? Like wtf? But that still didn't beat Aurora's negotiating and whinging while Lauren is on the ground and everyone looking at her like she's a monster for this. And clearly girl can't read a room because she just kept going with it, even though Victoria was literally paying her dust and everyone was giving her, "would you please shut the fuck up" looks. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 22
(edited)
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Fucking hell Aurora, it really is a mystery why no one likes you.  You ain’t winning this game, chica.

Julie kills me.  “So this is what losing is like!” she says, to three people who have won one challenge in 22 days.

Even with knowing Lauren has been sick for two weeks,  I could still hardly pay attention to the beginning of the show just dying to know who was going to get hurt.  Lauren does need to eat something but Kelley continuously losing challenges cracks me up.

A bikini top and a winter cap is the most annoying of sartorial choices.

Ron’s sourpuss was delightful.

Victoria said on twitter that she badly sunburned her scalp that is why she has been wearing the beanie out in the sun. I also wonder if production has been encouraging her to wear it at TC just because it is a unique look.

Edited by LanceM
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

So Aurora won immunity this week, but I’m curious to know whether her bargaining for a win while Lauren was unconscious will come back to bite her later on down the road.

I can’t necessarily blame Rick for shutting down Wardog.  On the other hand, Wardog did have a point. If you get too emotional on Survivor, you blind yourself to opportunities to get farther in the game, as it appears Rick has now done by his determination to ingratiate himself with Kama.  I mean, look at David and Kelley.  They’ve tried to vote each other out at various points in the game, but they’re working together for the moment.  And I can’t believe I’m typing this, but Wardog did a hell of a job working the younger Kamas to vote out Eric.  (Wish it had been Ron, but you can’t have everything.)

Reem’s line to Eric when he arrived at Extinction Island was pretty funny.  She may actually be growing on me.

Edited by wallflower75
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21

Rick did a mid season interview where he said he wanted to align with the former Lesus, David, and Joe/Aurora since they knew they were on the outs.  Then he found out the Lesus were voting for him and David.  So I totally get his bitterness, especially since he didn’t seem to have a lot of hard feelings until last weeks vote.  

But I didn’t like how he was arrogantly spiteful at voting out the former Lesus, either.  Where does he think he stood with Kama?   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

On the other hand, Wardog did have a point. If you get too emotional on Survivor, you blind yourself to opportunities to get farther in the game

Yet Warthog's appeals seem totally emotional, as how could anyone dare doubt his brilliance, and you are an emotionial idiot if you fail to agree with his brilliance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

I wish the powers that be would end the family visit.   End it.   I hate to see it being used as a touch point for the cast.    Plus if I never hear "Ready for some Luuuuuuuuurrrrrvvvvvveeeee" from Probst's mouth, that will be too soon.

10 million likes 🙂

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Rick did a mid season interview where he said he wanted to align with the former Lesus, David, and Joe/Aurora since they knew they were on the outs.  Then he found out the Lesus were voting for him and David.  So I totally get his bitterness, especially since he didn’t seem to have a lot of hard feelings until last weeks vote.  

I one hundred percent believe that and why I said that sure, while Rick was being emotional in his decision, Kelly and company were the ones who shot themselves in the foot for not realizing that gee, maybe let's work together to try and flip this game rather than eat our own. Lucky for them they were able to pull it off this week. But yeah, I can't say I didn't get where Rick was coming from in his reaction to working with the three - Lauren, Kelly and Wardog. 

20 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Devens...no, Rick (he no longer deserves a nickname unless it's "1/2 idol") wants David to return the half he gave him. David deadpans: no, I think I'll keep it. 

Don't ever change David!!!!

lmao...I know right? I loved David in his original season and love him now. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Some moments just make the entire episode, and tonight it was the look on the douche with the yellow shirt and vest (obnoxious) watched his right-hand man getting voted out. Also liked seeing Rick (I won't call him Devins...he's done NOTHING to earn "last name status") also stunned. I'm really starting to dislike his self-righteousness.

Poor Aurora who was for all practical purposes INVISIBLE until tonight will likely only be remembered as the complete dick who was trying to negotiate when Lauren was doing a pretty fair impression of being DEAD. How anyone could be .that lacking in self-awareness is unfathomable.

I am starting to like Julia, and I already liked Victoria, but I don't like the people they are aligned with. Glad to see Julia showing some independence.

Yes, please cancel the family visit! Why is this such a big deal...you just saw these people less than a month ago...yet every season the family and friends show up and you would think they just got liberated from Auschwitz!

I feel a lot of the reason a lot of these people don't have any screen presence this deep into the season is that for all practical purposes this is borderline "The David Show," but of course it had to be right...that's why they brought him back. And Joe needs to sack up and quit moping...come 2022, or thereabouts Jeff will bring him back and won't stop until he wins.

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Gummo said:

I’m gonna have to play back that tribal a few hundred times for the facial expressions alone. Now that's a blindside. See those jaws dropping to the floor like a Tex Avery cartoon? See the quietly smug smiles on the overlooked players who feel taken for granted? Yeah, it's all right there in the medical dictionary, classic symptoms, really, it's the (now-not-quite) fatal malady common known as "blindside."

Let the scrambles begin.

I loved when Rick looked at Ron and Eric and mouthed “no” while shaking his head.  Loved seeing that smug grin wiped off his face.  In all, tonight had some comedic moments. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Seriously, did they have alcohol at the reward meal because David made that drunk/sober comment? Rick did a complete 180 from the calm, collected game he’s been playing this whole time. It’s one thing to be emotional. It’s another thing to rip out your heart and hammer it onto your sleeve for all to see during his conversation with Wardog and later David. Even when he was originally voted out, I still thought he was getting the #winnersedit (I promise I have not read spoilers) but he may have tanked his game in this episode. What an idiot. 

Considering Lauren is not eating, she is still doing so well in the challenges. Minus the fainting which was truly scary. I wonder how long she was unconscious because it seemed like a couple of minutes. I doubt she goes much further in the game but I’d love to see her in another season (where hopefully her tribe wins good rewards or their part of the island at least has fruit, fish, snails whatever) because she’s such a competitor. 

I’m ready for that weasel Ron to go.

• Love 15

I am with David, it is annoying to realize that Dan is right. Julia is not the one responsible for this weeks mix up, Dan is. He laid out what was coming perfectly and was 100% right. Julia was smart to toss out the idea of voting out David first and Eric walked right into her trap Eri didn’t even offer “Let’s take out Kelly first and then David” he specifically said that Daivd and Rick would be at 8. Just wow.

So good on Dan and good on Julia. Good on Kelly and Lauren and Aurora for not using their idols/advantages. 

I enjoyed the Daivd/Rick stuff. You could see Daivd trying to will Rick out if his awful game play and watch David’s face fall as he realized that there was no saving Rick. I loved that Daivd did not even consider returning the idol half.

Aurora is dead in this game. She is clearly on the outs with Kama and she is a number for Lesu. I fully understood why she was talking to Victoria. Jeff was telling them that they had mediical with Lauren and the competition was still on. So why would Aurora not be playing the game? Julie and the bench players who were quietly bitching about Aurora’s negotiation were out of them game and didn’t have a shot at changing their place in the game so they could afford to be worried about Lauren. Aurora had to trust Jeff that everything was under control and that Luaren was ok.

My issue with Aurora was that her begging was so pathetic and made it very clear to everyone that she was in a crap place in the game. It did nothing to strengthen her place with Kama and let Lesu know that she was 100% on the outs, negating most of her bargaining power. 

I am glad that Aubry found the advantage and the practice area. How is it that she can keep the practice area secret? It is kind of a large area.

I am sorry but Reem is awesome.

And I had to laugh at the Jury confusion on the show because it matches this board. I think it is clear cut, Jeff has flat out called the four the jury. So that is our jury. I am not certain what happens if someone quits but I would imagine that they would still be on the jury because they have been labeled the jury. But who knows. I doubt that anyone is going to quit at this point.  

• Love 14

Once again, I am so ambivalent towards a season, it barely hurts. Maybe it's because the magic (for lack of a better word) from DvG isn't there. Or maybe Survivor is basically something I watch before The Challenge. With that show, I make emotional investments. Granted, most of them are not healthy for me, but at least I can keep track of the game.

Do you think players have to be told that a challenge continues until someone wins or Probst yells for them to stop? Lauren just falls to the ground with a thud, Dr. Medic (forgot his name) and his team rush in . . . meanwhile, Victoria and Aurora are still keeping blocks wedged with their heads, and Aurora is trying to bargain. She doesn't come off well. It's probably editing and/or production rules, but you can imagine her at Ford's Theater, all, "No, seriously, are we going to see the rest of the play?"

And since when do we see players talking about the Loved Ones visit and considering it a benchmark? Is one of them bringing drugs? I'm assuming this was done in past seasons and the footage got cut, but it feels weird even if there is foreshadowing.

Nobody on EoE taps out. With the letters they've been getting, you'd think they'd memorize the island to the last grain of sand, noticing if anything was moved to shove in an idol or advantage.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If the editing is true, I vote for Wardog to win the whole thing. 

One, he calls himself "Wardog." Two, Probst calls him "Wardog," so he would be okay with him winning. That should be two strikes.

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Reader, when I tell you I SCREAMED 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂  ("1/2 Immunity Idol").  

rick.jpg

An idol status bar. Something we always needed, yet never knew we needed it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I loved when Rick looked at Ron and Eric and mouthed “no” while shaking his head.  Loved seeing that smug grin wiped off his face.  In all, tonight had some comedic moments. 

Rick is such a freaking bootlicker.

Also, I wonder if anyone could actually HEAR Lauren saying she was about to faint.  I don't think so.  The camerapeople yes, but not Jeff, Aurora, or Victoria.

I have no idea how people were supposed to handle that correctly.  I know that Aurora started negotiating but 1) did she even know what happened with Lauren and 2) is the rest of the players continuing to play or just sitting on a bench better?  It was a weird situation, and I'm not sure what people were supposed to have done.  If I was Victoria or Aurora I don't think I'd be able to keep playing.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Once again, I am so ambivalent towards a season, it barely hurts. Maybe it's because the magic (for lack of a better word) from DvG isn't there. Or maybe Survivor is basically something I watch before The Challenge. With that show, I make emotional investments. Granted, most of them are not healthy for me, but at least I can keep track of the game.

Do you think players have to be told that a challenge continues until someone wins or Probst yells for them to stop? Lauren just falls to the ground with a thud, Dr. Medic (forgot his name) and his team rush in . . . meanwhile, Victoria and Aurora are still keeping blocks wedged with their heads, and Aurora is trying to bargain. She doesn't come off well. It's probably editing and/or production rules, but you can imagine her at Ford's Theater, all, "No, seriously, are we going to see the rest of the play?"

And since when do we see players talking about the Loved Ones visit and considering it a benchmark? Is one of them bringing drugs? I'm assuming this was done in past seasons and the footage got cut, but it feels weird even if there is foreshadowing.

Nobody on EoE taps out. With the letters they've been getting, you'd think they'd memorize the island to the last grain of sand, noticing if anything was moved to shove in an idol or advantage.

One, he calls himself "Wardog." Two, Probst calls him "Wardog," so he would be okay with him winning. That should be two strikes.

An idol status bar. Something we always needed, yet never knew we needed it.

I still didn’t notice the idol status bar. I think I’m so busy looking at their face and see their name i dint look any further. I guess it’s not a bad thing but I keep missing it so I guess I’m fine without it.

• Love 1

I am so happy that Victoria is on board with the rebel alliance. I have been re-watching Season 4 and the same thing happened - alliance thinks they are in the majority, treat the #5 and #6 like shit, and then the cart gets completely overturned. 

• Love 5

Random quotes from episode 8 "Introductions"

• "Hi, I'm Aurora.  I'm looking pretty grubby, and I have a huge chip on my shoulder."
  • "And I'm the Puppet Master.  Everyone blindly follows me.  Wait 'til you see my victory pose at TC."
  • "Me, I'm some douchey guy named Eric with a loved ones visit fetish, just like everyone else."
  • "And we're Julie/Julia.  We're a blogger and a chef.  Hah!  Just kidding.  We're extras."
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)

You know, I have to laugh at the person arriving at EOE because of the big contrast of the warm welcome they (usually) get at Ponderosa.  You have the first juror who sets the tone, and everyone is usually at least pleasant to whoever was voted out.

Now this season, you have first boot Reem that’s basically burning holes into the backs of the newest arrivals with her death glare and making them not feel so welcome, as the rest of the exiles are semi bitter.

I’m not sure if Survivor is the right game for Joe.  He seems to take it very hard when he loses.  Maybe he should stick to making guest appearances on other random game shows.  He seems to do a lot better on those.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

Lauren literally swooned. The graceful kerplunk onto the ground was oddly impressive. 

There are umpteen people still in the game and most of them are named boring. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

I was worried about Lauren during that challenge. She seemed to be out for quite a bit. Glad that medical treated her and she turned out fine. She might have won that challenge if she didn't get dizzy and fainted. Lauren is a strong and true gamer.

Loved seeing Eric getting the boot, but would have loved it more if it was smug Ron Clark. He is such an ass. Hoping "Kama Strong" is officially over. Love it when alliances start to shift. 

Oh, yeah, I still can't stand Rick. He can go anytime.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

You know, I have to laugh at the person arriving at EOE because of the big contrast of the warm welcome they (usually) get at Ponderosa.  You have the first juror who sets the tone, and everyone is usually at least pleasant to whoever was voted out.

Now this season, you have first boot Reem that’s basically burning holes into the backs of the newest arrivals with her death glare and making them not feel so welcome, as the rest of the exiles are semi bitter.

What did Reem say?  "Don't get too excited."  Right before my DVR cut off.  😂😂😂

She is hysterical!!!!!!!!

One of my friends couldn't remember the name of the show "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and she called it "Don't get too excited."  Reem is the Larry David of Survivor.  Hahahahahhahahahahaha.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

While I understand Rick's emotions after getting voted out, he has lost perspective on where he stands with Kama alliance. And even though "Wardog" was right he is an overbearing loudmouth so no way was he going to convince Rick to trust him. Liked Rick saying "Don't bark at me." Apt description of "Wardog's" style.

During the IC Lauren repeatedly states how dizzy she is, the camera is doing close ups of her eyes crossing and no producer  notices? Glad she was able to get back up. The funny thing that happened right before that was Jeff announcing the three remaining players in the challenge- Victoria, Aurora and Lauren. Then Aurora mumbles something like "Dang skinny girls." Ummm, Aurora you are a dang skinny girl.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, EllipticalAddicted said:

I wish the powers that be would end the family visit.   End it.   I hate to see it being used as a touch point for the cast.    Plus if I never hear "Ready for some Luuuuuuuuurrrrrvvvvvveeeee" from Probst's mouth, that will be too soon.

I couldn't agree more !! I hate that episode every season. If I was ever a player on Survivor, I wouldn't even want any family members to come. I know a lot of people say it energizes them, but I think it ( for me, anyway ) just be a distraction. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I was there, I don't know. But I do really hate all the weeping and acting like it's been years since they've seen someone. It hasn't.

• Love 13

If you are Joe on EOE, do you fish or find food and share it with the others?  He seems too nice not to share but he should make them starve, right?   I think Joe is just a people person who needs an audience to get energy....those people are sucking the life out of him and he wastes away.   Not great tv but good soundbites and forlorn looks into the horizon.

• Love 4