Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Moving Meltdowns

• Start Topic

Kody sees the plan for his one giant polygamous house and loves them, but his wives may not; just weeks away from leaving their homes in Las Vegas, tensions run high; Robyn presses Kody to settle down and Gabe walks out.

BlahBlahBlah. When is this season over??

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

BlahBlahBlah. When is this season over??

I know, right? 

Spoiler

Especially since this is very old news and we already know how it all plays out.  It's laughable to read that hype when the truth has been all over social media.  There is no giant plyghouse and they all live miles apart, Gabe moves with the rest of them, and Kootie will never settle down in this lifetime as long as he needs to be TLC's bitch.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

From what I understand Robins neice is not moving with them and staying in Vegas, why not live with her until he graduates.    Meri will be there a bit, along with Madison and Aspyn he could stay with them also.   I think if they really cared about him and loved him they would work something out.   Even if they have to move him into a sublet or a family friend for a while.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Tatortot said:

From what I understand Robins neice is not moving with them and staying in Vegas, why not live with her until he graduates.    Meri will be there a bit, along with Madison and Aspyn he could stay with them also.   I think if they really cared about him and loved him they would work something out.   Even if they have to move him into a sublet or a family friend for a while.  

Madison is already in North Carolina and Aspyn is moving soon.  I don't think Robyn's niece Mindy would want the responsibility for a teenage boy and who knows she may be just getting a small place for herself.  

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I hope Logan & Michelle living together (as I assume they do, not sure) really pisses Kootie off.  

Especially with all of that nasty "hormone swapping" with each kiss.

Kootie is such a moron.  Getting "calls" from God.  Yeesh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Plus, Kootie and dear upstanding mother Robyn would deem it inappropriate for his stepson living in the same house that Mindy inhabits.  I hope Logan & Michelle living together (as I assume they do, not sure) really pisses Kootie off.  Mr. Purity Kootie, who spreads his wee-wee among 4 women, and calls himself godly, or something like it.  LOL

Michelle and Logan do live together. I don’t know how long, but they’ve been together 4 years.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I know, right? 

Hide contents

Especially since this is very old news and we already know how it all plays out.  It's laughable to read that hype when the truth has been all over social media.  There is no giant plyghouse and they all live miles apart, Gabe moves with the rest of them, and Kootie will never settle down in this lifetime as long as he needs to be TLC's bitch.

I know we know stuff that’s happening in real time, but the rentals were always going to be temporary while they built on the land.  Do we know for sure if they’ve decided for or against one big house vs. four individual ones?

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

I know we know stuff that’s happening in real time, but the rentals were always going to be temporary while they built on the land.  Do we know for sure if they’ve decided for or against one big house vs. four individual ones?

What we know for sure is...

Spoiler

...that only one of the houses in Vegas has sold at this point.  No building has begun on the site.  Christine has purchased a house.  And it's a year (or more) later.  Just sayin'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Reveal spoiler

...that only one of the houses in Vegas has sold at this point.  No building has begun on the site.  Christine has purchased a house.  And it's a year (or more) later.  Just sayin'.

Right, thanks.  But...

Spoiler

I guess I still think it’s a possibility the ridiculous McMansion might be built only because King Kody always gets his way.  And if they haven’t started building yet....

• Love 9

I thought it was hilarious how Kootie ended up dividing up the square footages for each wife.  Janelle has six kids but only 2 are left at home, she gets...2000 square feet. Christine has four kids but only three at home, she gets...2500 square feet.  MERI has NO kids at home, she gets.... 1500 square feet.  Robbyn, (the holy one) has six kids at home, she gets...3500 square feet!! WTF?  Think old Meri's gonna miss that wet bar??

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I thought it was hilarious how Kootie ended up dividing up the square footages for each wife.  Janelle has six kids but only 2 are left at home, she gets...2000 square feet. Christine has four kids but only three at home, she gets...2500 square feet.  MERI has NO kids at home, she gets.... 1500 square feet.  Robbyn, (the holy one) has six kids at home, she gets...3500 square feet!! WTF?  Think old Meri's gonna miss that wet bar??

I can't follow their math.  Actually, Robyn has 5 kids at home.  When he was explaining the layouts to his brothers, he said Robyn gets 5 bedrooms, one for each kid, then a master bedroom for them, then another master bedroom if any college kids want to stay at home.  Couldn't the college kid just stay in his/her old bedroom? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

I’d love to know what the cost of having someone draw up the plans for a house, particularly one that she will never be able to use again, will probably never be built and seemed pretty difficult to imagine. I guess TLC is paying for it.

• Love 10

A supposed "perk" of polygamy( besides the obvious for Kody), is that you have more women in the household to raise the kids and to be a family.

But these wives do not like each other and don't even want to see each other. So what is the perk for them? They haven't functioned as "one family" for a long time. 

At this point the only reason Kody wants to build this ridiculous house is that he's tired of traveling house to house. He just wants to be the center and have the wives revolve around him.

In reality they are just 3 and half separate families...Time to rename the show.

• Love 23
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Kody doesn't want to go house to house and also wants his own rooms.  Someone needs to give him a grandma flat.

The area he assigned for himself looked bigger than some of the others.  I wonder who he expects to do the housekeeping in his grand retreat?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Hide contents

6 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Holy shit! Did Kody get a freaking perm. Wtf is going on with his head? I haven't watched this show in years and holy shit!

I have the same reaction every scene that he is in.

Its almost a game now "will he have carrot top hair or sad bun?"

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Hide contents

Actually they just moved last august (beginning of) so not a yr later

38 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Cristina has 6 kids with 3 being at home still and Robyn has 5 kids with one of those in college (the reason for the move) and who knows if he is staying at home or in a dorm.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’d love to know what the cost of having someone draw up the plans for a house, particularly one that she will never be able to use again, will probably never be built and seemed pretty difficult to imagine. I guess TLC is paying for it.

Ballpark $100-$130 hourly, minimum $500-$800, probably at least $2000 for what Kody wanted. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

The area he assigned for himself looked bigger than some of the others.  I wonder who he expects to do the housekeeping in his grand retreat?

I don't understand the point of a fifth kitchen unless Kody plans to start doing his fair  share of the cooking.  The wives would always be running back to their own kitchen for things Kody's space is missing.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

What’s the dill on the wives needing privacy when they exit the house?  (Kody’s brother asked if there was only one way to get to the garage).  Am I missing something?

Maybe his bros were worried about the wives seeing another wife getting more visits than them (though Kody seemed to think everyone having to cross through "his" main space with every coming and going was ideal).  People will see Meri running off to meet her friends and Janelle running out to another fast food joint. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

Just shows how HARD they hate each other, if they can't even stand to pass by the "sister's" room on the way to the dang garage.  "You can bang my "husband," but no way in Hell will I pass your door on my way to the car."

I know, I was like "whaaa?" on that!  I just wonder how Meri will like the idea that her tub butts up against Christine's bedroom wall.  How sound proof could they make it??

I think what Kody's brother should have said was why they didn't each have separate outside entrances to their residences as well as interior access to a main area.  They could have been designed like attached townhomes.

Meri is NOT going to love the idea of 1500 square feet.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Holy shit! Did Kody get a freaking perm. Wtf is going on with his head? I haven't watched this show in years and holy shit!

He must think he's Sammy-freaking-Hagar! 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, suomi said:

Ballpark $100-$130 hourly, minimum $500-$800, probably at least $2000 for what Kody wanted. 

I think blue prints for a regular house run around $1500-$2500.   I would bet closer to $4000 considering how complex this is plus it is two floors.  Of course, he seems to have gotten a random person to do this so maybe she didn't charge much since she is getting tv publicity.    Somewhere there is an architect on this board who could estimate the cost better than I did.

19 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I know, I was like "whaaa?" on that!  I just wonder how Meri will like the idea that her tub butts up against Christine's bedroom wall.  How sound proof could they make it??

I think what Kody's brother should have said was why they didn't each have separate outside entrances to their residences as well as interior access to a main area.  They could have been designed like attached townhomes.

No, Meri will not like this.  Frankly, I wouldn't blame her.  This is a ridiculous design.  There are I think only 3 very young children so in 5-10 years most of the children will have flown the nest.  Maybe Meri will also leave.  Robyn kept going on about memories attached to a place, making me think maybe she never had that.

I did like Truely's comment that most of her best memories were in LV.   I cynically thought that all her memories were there, but they I figured maybe she had some great memories of vacations or visiting relatives.  It reminded me of how our son used to preface his desires with "all my life I have wanted...."  and he was younger than Truely.  

sorry to ramble.  I stayed up watching those idiots on "Seeking Sister Wives" and it is nearly 12:30

• Love 19

I'm watching the new episode.  WOW!
 Holy mansion.  Curious to see how are they fianancing this house? Also are all of the wives name going to be on the deed for the house?

Also robyn and Kody talking about takingor leaving a hook made me laugh.  I'm such a dick when I leave places  I take everything. LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Now that Christine is (momentarily) the favored wife, I noticed that Kody has revised his story of how he initially felt about her.  Gone is the “fat girl eating nachos that made him nauseated” story.  It has been replaced by “I was really attracted to her, but she was with someone else.”  Liar.  According to their book, her father “forced” him to marry her.

OH MY!

40 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

Just shows how HARD they hate each other, if they can't even stand to pass by the "sister's" room on the way to the dang garage.  "You can bang my "husband," but no way in Hell will I pass your door on my way to the car."

I know right?  I can't stand a neighbor but I can make it to my car without a war.  Just mind your own beeswax.

1 hour ago, suzywallis said:

I feel sorry for the architect because you all know as well as I do that her two months of hard work will go out the window because you know that the women won't go for it.  I sure hope she got paid up front!

Well she came off looking good.  She dealt with the asshole and she looks like a good architect.  Boon for her business?

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Couldn't the college kid just stay in his/her old bedroom? 

In our family, you go away to college and you get to bunk in the "family college dorm".  It's only fair that that younger kids get to be in the lime light.

The soundproofing for each sister wive's bedroom - TMI.  WARNING - I am going to be gross but we are all thinking it.....They each suck his dick and they can't walk by each other's door?

• LOL 10
  • Love 14
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think blue prints for a regular house run around $1500-$2500.   I would bet closer to $4000 considering how complex this is plus it is two floors.  Of course, he seems to have gotten a random person to do this so maybe she didn't charge much since she is getting tv publicity.    Somewhere there is an architect on this board who could estimate the cost better than I did.

ITA re $4000, and IIRC plans and blueprints are not the same thing. Kody asked for a plan/a design. When I was in the game, a plan showed what was being built, a blueprint showed how to build it. (And I don't think they're always blue anymore). 

Looking forward to hearing what our resident architect has to say about what Kody probably paid. I hope it was a lot, and I hope it was his money and not something TLD paid for. 

ETA: Kody did refer to Dawn numerous times as a draftsman and they aren't licensed; an architect is licensed. A draftsman can draw a blueprint under an architect's license. Dawn doesn't need a license to draw a plan. Another example: a CNA (certified) works under an RN or LPN (both licensed). 

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Having been licensed (not a draftsperson) for too many years to count, based on the drawings I saw, I would charge no less than $15,000 for preliminary design, interior elevations, and exterior elevations.   That would not include ANY working drawings, structural, civil, electrical engineering.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

What’s the dill on the wives needing privacy when they exit the house?  (Kody’s brother asked if there was only one way to get to the garage).  Am I missing something?

Kody doesn’t want anyone to be able to monitor him, is my guess. Agreeing with someone upthread, I think. 😀

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Having been licensed (not a draftsperson) for too many years to count, based on the drawings I saw, I would charge no less than $15,000 for preliminary design, interior elevations, and exterior elevations.   That would not include ANY working drawings, structural, civil, electrical engineering.

Now we're talkin'! Holy shit, did he spend that much without the wives knowing? Or did Janelle know because she and Kody are the trust financial officers? Remember when they were touring lots and she said she was up for "just writing a check" without telling the others (except maybe Kody)? Inquiring minds!!!! 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

That is enough for one person with 2 or 3 occasional visitors.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle said she was considering just leaving her furniture behind. 

They should have rented one of those industrial dumpsters to throw away everything they no longer wanted or would have room for.  They knew that the rentals would be much smaller than what they were living in currently.  Well except Robyn.

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I don't understand the point of a fifth kitchen

When they do family meals?  Each wife doesn't need a large kitchen.  

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

also wants his own rooms. 

Try getting each wife to come to his room.  No way they would use the same bed.  But even though I'm no Kody fan, i could understand him wanting all of his things in one place.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, gardendiva said:

When Kody decides to move again, as you just KNOW he will, I wonder if he even gave a thought as to how difficult a big plyg house would be to sell. They are already having a heck of a time selling their normal houses. Who in the world, unless someone wants to open a small hotel, would buy that house? He really lacks even a tiny bit of financial common sense.

I guess one could purchase it to be a funeral home for those prairie dogs

• LOL 10

I didn't pause long enough to see if there was an upstairs on the mansion? 

Each wife should have an equal amount of square footage on the main living floor.

If there is an upstairs it should be like a hotel with just all bedrooms on that level. If this is one big happy family then why can't the kids (and returning kids) live in the same upstairs area? No reason why the extra bedrooms have to be in the 4 corner apartments. No reason Robyn should need 3500 square feet of her own. Breakfast with mom? No problem - walk downstairs and turn.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
44 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I didn't pause long enough to see if there was an upstairs on the mansion? 

Each wife should have an equal amount of square footage on the main living floor.

If there is an upstairs it should be like a hotel with just all bedrooms on that level. If this is one big happy family then why can't the kids (and returning kids) live in the same upstairs area? No reason why the extra bedrooms have to be in the 4 corner apartments. No reason Robyn should need 3500 square feet of her own. Breakfast with mom? No problem - walk downstairs and turn.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 8.33.32 AM.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 2