Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Moving Meltdowns

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Overall the scene was amusing, but Gabe put me off with his comment about how getting a motorcycle would "raise his status" - he seems quite full of himself and concerned with his image. Hopefully someday he will learn what is truly important in life.

I thought Gabe was kidding, possibly with a nod to Kody and his many sports cars. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I thought Gabe was kidding, possibly with a nod to Kody and his many sports cars. 

I think he meant it.... He's said similar or the same during his TH and he definitely wasn't joking during the TH.

Gabe is a little full of himself and his "status"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FreemefromTV said:

He is married to Meri’s sister. Kody describes him as his best friend and Meri had to point out that he was her brother in law first! Then he performed the marriage ceremony with Mitch and Aspyn.

So he’s not related to Mitch at all? I don’t know where I got that at....too busy trying to figure out why he lost his voice and glad Kody wasn’t officiating this wedding

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I interpreted Gabe's remark as a sardonic, mocking shot at Kody and had nothing to do with status or image.  It was as if he was saying "if I'm a good little soldier and conform to your whims, will you buy me a pony?"  Gabe is bitter and sees right through the whole charade, but has no voice or power.  Gwendlyn and Kody didn't catch the intended irony and got caught up in who deserves a motorcycle causing Gabe to storm off in frustration.  

I don't think his seething resentment could be bought off with a motorcycle or anything else, he needed to be heard and Kody wasn't listening and even if he did hear Gabe's anguish, it wouldn't have any impact.  His academic and athletic achievements were hard won by Gabe and he may never get over this.

Does anyone know if Kody has a motorcycle? Wonder if the teens' asking for one was influenced by their dad having one? Perhaps Gabe's comment about "status" was a meta-message to Kody.

Even if Gabe's comment was not sardonic, I can't really blame him for being concerned about status and popularity at his age. He's 16-17? Not that unusual, given the fact that he has to move to a new town and school.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that anyone mentioned motorcycles at all. Kody's brother died in a motorcycle accident and I can't imagine any of the moms agreeing to let their teen have one.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think he meant it.... He's said similar or the same during his TH and he definitely wasn't joking during the TH.

Gabe is a little full of himself and his "status"

I recall he did use the word status during his talking head and I think he was justifiably referencing his achievements.  I think it was Janelle who mentioned in her TH that scholastically, Gabe was ranked in the top 10 of 800 students (I didn't hear her use the word percent, but even that would be an accomplishment in my eyes).  His athletic prowess will find it's own level in Flagstaff, but moving to another state where academic standards may be higher or lower, is a cause for real concern.  even Kody, who considered Ysabel's 80% a fail, should be impressed by that.

At seventeen, Gabe is a raging mass of testosterone and could easily spin out of control, speaking of which, there is also the loss of his GF of 2 years.  To an adult, this seems like puppy love, that he'll get over but try telling that to one of 18 kids, who may be getting one on one affection for the first time in his life.

When Kody first made his moving announcement, Janelle went into full Mama Bear mode and rightfully said she had no intention of uprooting Gabe at this point in his life or herself from her grandchild.  When she realized that Kody would forge ahead, with or without her, she immediately changed her tune and saw the merits of the move that would provide her with the rustic lifestyle she wants. 

We were not made privy to reasons for the move that may have been valid but from what was presented to the viewing public and presumably, the family it seemed like flimsy rationale for uprooting an army of people from all they hold dear.  Gabe will heal, but the scars of betrayal will be permanent

• Love 21

If Gabe indeed is a little full of himself, one only has to look at Kootie for the blame IMO.  Has there EVER been a time when Kootie didn't think of himself as God's Gift?  

It pissed me off when Janelle did a 180 and just went along when Kootie got a wild hair up his butt, and said "where we go one, we go all."  Her house is still apparently unsold, so she could have stayed, visited the other families at special events, and kept Gabe in his familiar school until he graduated.  Gabe was a high achiever, and was on track to scholarships.  I don't blame Gabe for his attitude.  Hopefully he'll adapt and do well in AZ.  Janelle's a wimp.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Adiba said:

Does anyone know if Kody has a motorcycle? Wonder if the teens' asking for one was influenced by their dad having one? Perhaps Gabe's comment about "status" was a meta-message to Kody.

Yes to all of this. I was thinking Gabe equated a motorcycle as something prestigious, based on his father owning and babying one. But I think the girls were just piling on to poke at Gabe while he was vulnerable. That is what they learned to do at their mother's knees, after all.... 

• Love 7

@LoneWolf, thank you for an inspiring post.  I too love it here.  I'm an introvert, and have never been very good at choosing friends.  I'm blessed to have my Mr. X.  We can make each other laugh and get along well.  We do have different tastes in TV watching, and he thinks Kootie and the Gang are too ridiculous to watch, imagine that!  It's fun to visit this forum and snark with viewers of this crazy show.  

I cannot believe that Kootie can be so delusional as to expect to build the monstrosity that he wants.  Surely it was just a ridiculous storyline TLC cooked up (and paid for?)  

• Love 19
(edited)

Hugs to you, lonewolf!

I like your post and agree completely about Meri.

I am watching the early seasons this week, for the first time. The Lehi house managed to house a zillion people without being a monstrosity. The current plan has McMansion Hell written all over it, in quadruplicate. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

As annoying as it is to hear Gabe brag about his "status" I don't blame him. He is but one face in a sea of faces in his family, set apart by almost nothing. The fifth of six children, the fourth boy, and not the baby of the family.

Gabe may have been a problem child when he was younger (who could blame him) but in young adulthood, he has forged ahead despite the obvious family problems that plagued his upbringing. He is now one of the top students in his entire school for grades, was set to make the varsity wrestling team and in line for scholarships. Yes, those accomplishments have raised his "status" in school and rightfully so, as they were earned. (I hope he is worthy of that 'status" by being a great person too, but we'll never know). And now the rug has been pulled out from under him because he just doesn't matter enough to those who make the decisions (Kootie and Witch Face) and he knows it. He's obviously put a lot of work into developing himself and is losing the most out of all the kids being affected in this move. Nobody is standing up for him, not even his mother. Of course he's upset.

He's made it quite clear to his dipshit dad that he's not buying what they're selling. We also know that his behavior will only put him further into Kootie's bad books but what more could he possibly lose at this point? He won't go quietly and nor should he.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Yeah.... to quote Christine: this ridiculous clusterfuck of a house/condo/apartment/lair/egomaniacal delusion of a single structure is "NEVER, period, GOING, period, TO, period, HAPPEN, exclamation point." I'm so glad she verbalised the punctuation 🙄 

💜💜💜

I enjoyed your entire post and agree with your assessment but I wanted to repeat the part about Christine being so adamant about her position regarding the one house idea so when she flipflops we'll all remember her dramatic pronouncement, PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT AND ALL!   😁

I have ZERO faith in Christine sticking to that position if it means Kody being unhappy with her.

Christine is the resident drama queen... She loves to sound tough and she loves whispering and using her "sexy" voice even more.

I'm afraid that when push comes to shove and Kody ceases to playfully *smack* her ass or wink at her as he leaves the room Christine will start to hear angels singingK and find a reason to hop on-board with Kody and one house will be the best idea ever!

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I enjoyed your entire post and agree with your assessment but I wanted to repeat the part about Christine being so adamant about her position regarding the one house idea so when she flipflops we'll all remember her dramatic pronouncement, PERIOD, EXCLAMATION POINT AND ALL!   😁

I have ZERO faith in Christine sticking to that position if it means Kody being unhappy with her.

Christine is the resident drama queen... She loves to sound tough and she loves whispering and using her "sexy" voice even more.

I'm afraid that when push comes to shove and Kody ceases to playfully *smack* her ass or wink at her as he leaves the room Christine will start to hear angels singingK and find a reason to hop on-board with Kody and one house will be the best idea ever!

Of all the wives who reject the one house idea, you'd think it would NOT be Christine.  She is, after all, the one who didn't just want "the man", she wanted the family. 

I guess family and sister wives are sanctioned and blessed by God, just as long as every wife has her own house and all 87 kids have their own rooms.  🙄

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Of all the wives who reject the one house idea, you'd think it would NOT be Christine.  She is, after all, the one who didn't just want "the man", she wanted the family. 

I guess family and sister wives are sanctioned and blessed by God, just as long as every wife has her own house and all 87 kids have their own rooms.  🙄

Good point!  👍

You're right on the money... Christine should love the one house idea considering her breathless proclamation about wanting the "family" not just the "man" 

I can't wait to see how this situation plays out.  🙂

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

I know people generally can't stand Meri, but I do not blame her a bit for her "affair" of the heart. Kody legally divorced her after decades and while she was incredibly naïve and illogical that a wealthy man online loved her, I can see absolutely why she'd be vulnerable to such a thing. This whole "she cheated" and "she needs to take responsibility and admit her wrongdoing" is bullshit (forgive me, I'm a psychologist and 'have' to be empathetic 😂). She was divorced, neglected, rejected by her husband, treated with disdain by her only daughter, and just wanted to be valued and loved. I dearly hope she finds a man who will love her and only her, that her B&B is successful, and that she continues to grow and be successful ON HER OWN, as she said. She has many faults, I agree, but her situation is soul crushing.

Thank you for writing this. My heart went out to Meri because I think she desperately needs someone to love her, warts and all. She wasn't able to have a litter of kids and to be in a religion that only sees your worth as a sister wife and breeder is sad. What I don't understand is everyone's outrage that she could 'fall in love' with someone else, yet it's okay for her husband to love many others, and divorce her. Any status she had is gone. Her daughter's initial judgement was extremely harsh. These people are pretty judgemental for a group that doesn't want to be judged.

• Love 19

I apologize upfront - I used to follow this forum, but Kody would get my blood pressure up and I just had to stop, heh... Can anyone give me a simple answer as to why Kody is forcing them to leave? Las Vegas was an area they could afford, I am confused. How can one little Napoleon uproot all his wives and kids without proper consultation? Also, who would be cleaning/maintaining this 19 bedroom McMansion once built. They are not getting younger.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I apologize upfront - I used to follow this forum, but Kody would get my blood pressure up and I just had to stop, heh... Can anyone give me a simple answer as to why Kody is forcing them to leave? Las Vegas was an area they could afford, I am confused. How can one little Napoleon uproot all his wives and kids without proper consultation? Also, who would be cleaning/maintaining this 19 bedroom McMansion once built. They are not getting younger.

The reason they told us on the show? *mumble mumble* financial security *mumble*bad vibes in Vegas *mumble* Angels singing *mumble* Trees!

The real reason? Dayton is going to college there.

How can he uproot his entire family? His wives have no backbones.

Who will be cleaning the McMansion? No one as zoning laws and building codes will never permit it to be built, even after the spineless wives give in.

Edited by sucker4reality
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

You win the Internet for today!

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It pissed me off when Janelle did a 180 and just went along when Kootie got a wild hair up his butt, and said "where we go one, we go all."  Her house is still apparently unsold, so she could have stayed, visited the other families at special events, and kept Gabe in his familiar school until he graduated.  Gabe was a high achiever, and was on track to scholarships.  I don't blame Gabe for his attitude.  Hopefully he'll adapt and do well in AZ.  Janelle's a wimp.

Why couldn't a family friend let Gabe live with them until he graduated? This decision is so selfish.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, sucker4reality said:

How can he uproot his entire family? His wives have no backbones.

Exactly, they start out with a tough chick attitude like Janelle saying she absolutely would not do to Gabe what they did to Hunter.... And as soon as she had to actually stand her ground and put up or shut up.... She retreated into her giant recliner with a box of donuts and was ready to write a check... To hell with what Gabe wants.

The only wife who stands her ground with Kody is Robyn....  The others are full of shit and do what Kody wants.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Thank you for writing this. My heart went out to Meri because I think she desperately needs someone to love her, warts and all. She wasn't able to have a litter of kids and to be in a religion that only sees your worth as a sister wife and breeder is sad. What I don't understand is everyone's outrage that she could 'fall in love' with someone else, yet it's okay for her husband to love many others, and divorce her. Any status she had is gone. Her daughter's initial judgement was extremely harsh. These people are pretty judgemental for a group who doesn't want to be judged.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sucker4reality said:

Because Janelle wanted the privilege of raising her own child, her words.

Janelle said she would not leave him behind because she wants to parent him!

She's a conglomeration of opposite opinions when it serves her purpose.

She had no problem letting Logan and Christine parent her kids for years.... But now she HAS TO PARENT Gabe.

🙄

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

I think Christine would not agree to to the one house idea because when they lived in Lehi all together in the 1 house she had the short end of the stick.  She had 6 kids living downstairs in the small dark basement.  Going to Las Vegas and getting a whole big house to herself had to be like winning the lottery.  No way does she go back to sharing again!

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Chalby said:

What I don't understand is everyone's outrage that she could 'fall in love' with someone else, 

I don't think that's what bugs people.... What bugs people is that she will NEVER ADMIT that that's what happened.

She wants everyone to believe that she had no part in it other than as an innocent victim of some monster when we all KNOW that's not the case.

No one forced her to do anything, in fact she was an eager participant, bananas and all. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't think that's what bugs people.... What bugs people is that she will NEVER ADMIT that that's what happened.

But why punish her further by making her 'say' it? Everyone can surmise what happened, . Kody felt guilty enough to imply an 'evil one' manipulating Meri, etc. It must be even more mortifying for her to know she fell in love with a woman. I wouldn't want to say it out loud, either. Nothing came of it - Why does she need to put on a scarlet letter for anyone else? She punished herself enough. Time to move on. She has accepted that she will be alone for the rest of her life.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Chalby said:

But why punish her further by making her 'say' it? Everyone can surmise what happened, . Kody felt guilty enough to imply an 'evil one' manipulating Meri, etc. It must be even more mortifying for her to know she fell in love with a woman. I wouldn't want to say it out loud, either. Nothing came of it - Why does she need to put on a scarlet letter for anyone else? She punished herself enough. Time to move on. She has accepted that she will be alone for the rest of her life.

She doesn't have to do anything just like people who don't agree with her approach shouldn't be bullied or forced into agreeing with her obvious bullshit version of the situation.

We know what happened and she chooses to keep lying about it... Good for her but that doesn't mean we all have to swallow her lies and act like it never happened.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

I know people generally can't stand Meri, but I do not blame her a bit for her "affair" of the heart. Kody legally divorced her after decades and while she was incredibly naïve and illogical that a wealthy man online loved her, I can see absolutely why she'd be vulnerable to such a thing. This whole "she cheated" and "she needs to take responsibility and admit her wrongdoing" is bullshit (forgive me, I'm a psychologist and 'have' to be empathetic 😂). She was divorced, neglected, rejected by her husband, treated with disdain by her only daughter, and just wanted to be valued and loved. I dearly hope she finds a man who will love her and only her, that her B&B is successful, and that she continues to grow and be successful ON HER OWN, as she said. She has many faults, I agree, but her situation is soul crushing. I've no doubt that she was bullied into or contractionly obligated to react to the catfish 'scandal' in the manner she has in public. Maybe Kody will build his monstrosity and Meri will never move in, none of the older kids and the grandchildren ever visit, and 75% of the building is empty and useless. Meri finds a good man, marries him, and he has a bunch of kids who adore her. I was so sad watching Mariah tell her 'we don't want you helping us move'. I thought Meri handled the heartbreak well in the moment. 

33 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Thank you for writing this. My heart went out to Meri because I think she desperately needs someone to love her, warts and all. She wasn't able to have a litter of kids and to be in a religion that only sees your worth as a sister wife and breeder is sad. What I don't understand is everyone's outrage that she could 'fall in love' with someone else, yet it's okay for her husband to love many others, and divorce her. Any status she had is gone. Her daughter's initial judgement was extremely harsh. These people are pretty judgemental for a group that doesn't want to be judged.

OK, while many of us can sympathize with Meri's feelings, that doesn't mean that she gets to act on whatever feelings she has at the time, without experiencing the consequences.  Keep in mind that she chose that lifestyle, where in fact a central tenet appears to be the plural marriage for men, so yeah, that's why it's OK for her husband to love many others and she can't fall in love with another man.  Not saying that it's right, or fair, or desirable, but it is what she signed up for.  Every one of them has said that the legal marriage/divorce mean nothing, and that it's the spiritual marriage that counts.  And she was still very much spiritually married to Kody when the cat-fishing occurred, hence wrong-doing, hence apology needed and responsibility needs to be taken.

Let's reverse things for a second, and say that a monogamous man was "neglected, rejected by his wife, treated with disdain by his only daughter, and just wanted to be valued and loved", and chose to engage in behavior that was designed to lead to an extra-marital affair and leaving of the marriage.  I don't think that anyone here would be supporting it, and might instead wonder why on earth he doesn't just leave if he's so unhappy?  And to find out that he lied repeatedly to his daughter along the way, would only make it worse.

• Love 19

Even amongst all that, I can't help but pity her. She's so alone. Even if it is of her own making, as it were, she's just so alone. And her eyes are so dead all the time she's around "family." Even in the picture with her MOM, her eyes are dead! She's only alive, lively, LOVELY even when she's far, far away from 'that life.' Personally, I hope/pray she finds a man who can handle her and give her the undivided attention she's longed for all her life and never got. Imagine, living your whole adult life without it? Sad. heartbreakingly sad. Even IF...I just want her to be happy and being with the 'family' is killing her from the inside out. 

I wouldn't wish that level of solitude and pure unadulterated loneliness on anyone. Inmates in Solitary Confinement go crazy when they are without human interaction for too long.

And the rumor on the streets is Cody is courting a 28 year old...

• Love 12

It's kind of the price you pay for taking a check and allowing the public into your private life and family conflicts.

If none of us cared or had opinions they'd have no show.

Meri is more than happy to gobble up the TLC money but she doesn't like that she can't rewrite history when she screws up.

Quit doing the show if you want your private life to be private.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I think Christine would not agree to to the one house idea because when they lived in Lehi all together in the 1 house she had the short end of the stick.  She had 6 kids living downstairs in the small dark basement.  Going to Las Vegas and getting a whole big house to herself had to be like winning the lottery.  No way does she go back to sharing again!

Good point. Also, I wonder if her seeming to be such a fan of Robin's is an act, to curry favor with Kody. I went back and watched season 1 a few weeks ago (as other commenters have done) and from what I could see, as a single mom Robyn didn't seem do be coping all that well. Her girls were like whirling dervishes (esp. Breanna) that she didn't seem able to control. Now we hear about how Ariella rules the roost and has to be cajoled to eat and refuses to go to bed at a reasonable time.  That's on Robyn, not on the little one. Perhaps Christine is happy to be as far away from this, and from any share in parenting Robyn's kids, as possible. Seemed to me from what I saw in Season 1 that Christine raised a ton of kids with a gentle hand and but some structure or at least controlled chaos, whereas Robyn's seemed/seem just out of control. (Can you tell I am not a big fan of Robyn?)

• Love 18
On 4/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, TVFAN said:

She has never said a word against Kody and seemingly had no problem with him divorcing her mother or sleeping with three other women. But when Meri albeit foolishly sought out love, Mariah froze her out.  Her sense of entitlement has made her my least favorite Brown--okay maybe she's tied with Kody for that honor.

Thank you for writing what I've always thought.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Why does Meri need to "come clean" and publicly confess everything, but Kootie doesn't?  He rejected Meri, somehow convinced her to consent to a divorce, and married his one true love (at that moment) Robyn.  I will always believe the whole adoption story was just that - a cover story dreamed up by the show's producers to explain the divorce and quick remarriage. 

I'm not a fan of Meri, but I think she should do a talking head on the show and tell everything about the catfish, right after Kootie tells the truth about his own culpability in the situation.  He never takes responsibility for anything, not even when his actions hurt one of his wives and apparently played a part in creating a huge rift between her and her only child.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

13 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Good point. Also, I wonder if her seeming to be such a fan of Robin's is an act, to curry favor with Kody. I went back and watched season 1 a few weeks ago (as other commenters have done) and from what I could see, as a single mom Robyn didn't seem do be coping all that well. Her girls were like whirling dervishes (esp. Breanna) that she didn't seem able to control. Now we hear about how Ariella rules the roost and has to be cajoled to eat and refuses to go to bed at a reasonable time.  That's on Robyn, not on the little one. Perhaps Christine is happy to be as far away from this, and from any share in parenting Robyn's kids, as possible.

The point isn't whether Christine has valid reasons to not want to live together in one big house...it's that her not wanting to, makes it very clear that her spiel in the show-opening montage is just a gigantic, enormous, hypocritical lie!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

The point isn't whether Christine has valid reasons to not want to live together in one big house...it's that her not wanting to, makes it very clear that her spiel in the show-opening montage is just a gigantic, enormous, hypocritical lie!

Yes, but...maybe when she joined the fambly she wanted the fambly, but when Robyn joined, Christine didn't want to "dill" with that new/extra fambly.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 4
52 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Why does Meri need to "come clean" and publicly confess everything, but Kootie doesn't?  He rejected Meri, somehow convinced her to consent to a divorce, and married his one true love (at that moment) Robyn.  I will always believe the whole adoption story was just that - a cover story dreamed up by the show's producers to explain the divorce and quick remarriage. 

I think the adoption was a cover story schemed up by Robyn to explain the divorce and quick remarriage. I think she knew from the time they were courting that she could get him to divorce Meri and adopt her kids. He chased her until she caught him. I think he was manipulated into thinking that divorce, marriage and adoption were his own hero/he-man ideas when all the while Lady Robyn Macbeth was truly the power in the house. 

Looking at many stories or mysteries in human history, fiction or non-fiction, you can usually figure out what happened and why by asking "cui bono?" Who benefits? (To whom is it a benefit?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 4/1/2019 at 8:53 AM, Tuxcat said:

During the show last night she live tweeted  "Our son Dayton was a ROCKSTAR during the move. He was so helpful..." Then she tweeted "Our daughter Aurora was nervous to move but tried to be so optimistic..." 

After revealing how many moves they've made, I can officially say I have lost all respect for all four wives. Given that Kody has always dictated when and where they live, I would insist he hires movers, or enlist his friends to move the homes. When he starts ordering family to pack boxes for a move no one agrees with, yet they still do it...? I (as a wife) would be laughing and saying, "Yeah that's not happening." I might have to check out pf this show again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, suomi said:

I think the adoption was a cover story schemed up by Robyn to explain the divorce and quick remarriage. I think she knew from the time they were courting that she could get him to divorce Meri and adopt her kids. He chased her until she caught him. I think he was manipulated into thinking that divorce, marriage and adoption were his own hero/he-man ideas when all the while Lady Robyn Macbeth was truly the power in the house. 

Looking at many stories or mysteries in human history, fiction or non-fiction, you can usually figure out what happened and why by asking "cui bono?" Who benefits? (To whom is it a benefit?)

Meri is her own worst enemy.

by NOT admitting that the divorce made her feel lonely. neglected, unloved she is playing into Kodys hands.

She should say... "I was lonely, neglected, unloved and that is WHY i was vunerable to a catfisher"... put the blame on Kody where it belongs!

But no Meri gives him an out by insisting that NONE of that happened or is the reason why any of it happened and puts all the blame on the catfisher.

These people live one lie after another and none of the underlying problems are EVER dealt with because they all LIE.

They present a Disney life where a wife is divorced so children can be adopted and no ones feelings are hurt and then when that HURT person seeks out love elsewhere it again is lied about and explained away as something it is NOT!

In order to fix things you have to be honest with yourself and others.

Kody divorced Meri then basically turned his back on her..... he had Robyn and Robyn was where she wanted to be as LEGAL wife.... Meri was cast aside, lonely as fuck and that made her desperate and VUNERABLE and she went looking on the internet and was catfished... PERIOD!

No amount of hashtags will fill that void... #BOSSLADY #INDEPENDANTWOMAN #LIVINGMYWHY  but if she wants to continue to blame everyone but Kody... so be it.

• Love 12
On 4/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, kimaken said:

Mormons are conservative and homosexuality is greatly frowned upon in their religion--so it took her a little time to fully accept that her daughter is a lesbian, but she has since embraced her daughter's lifestyle and her daughter's partner. 

I think that's also why Meri is refusing to discuss the entire catfish incident. She fell in love with a guy, only to learn it was a woman. Can you imagine how conflicted that makes her?

• Love 4
On 4/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Me: Shut it, Kody. Quit blathering. Your kids see you for who you are.

He's so stupid, he doesn't even recognize that he summarily told her she's never had a mature thought/attitude in her life, but today, finally has. So insulting and unaware in his misogyny. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

And she was still very much spiritually married to Kody when the cat-fishing occurred, hence wrong-doing, hence apology needed and responsibility needs to be taken.

That's why I am over it. I think she and Kody have done this discussion and just because we're not privy to it doesn't mean she has to repeat performance for wives and fans. As soon as he explained to Mariah that Meri's feelings were involved, I knew immediately he knew what went down. He probably wasn't pleased when Mariah made it public she would have left, but I don't buy for a second he was shocked at this. Sorry, but falling in love online/through text in a moment of weakness was emotional cheating, but if ever a woman needed something it's that one. Time to move on, I refuse to verbally flog her for behaviour I could see myself doing. I'm just fortunate to have a really nice husband who doesn't force me to vie for his affection,

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Chalby said:

He's so stupid, he doesn't even recognize that he summarily told her she's never had a mature thought/attitude in her life, but today, finally has. So insulting and unaware in his misogyny. 

Also, his praise of her "mature attitude" seems directly related to the fact that her opinion is exactly the one he wants. The Browns love to sit the kids down and solicit their opinions on various shenanigans, but it's always very clear what the "correct" answer is.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I'm not a fan of Meri, but I think she should do a talking head on the show and tell everything about the catfish, right after Kootie tells the truth about his own culpability in the situation.  He never takes responsibility for anything, not even when his actions hurt one of his wives and apparently played a part in creating a huge rift between her and her only child.

Yes. When Meri point blank asked Kody if he wanted to try IVF to have another baby, he said "no." Then turned right around and had another baby with Robyn. I re-watched the scene in which he explained that he didn't want to pursue IVF because maybe it was God's reasoning to not give them more children. Just imagine how Meri must have felt. Does Kody think that God is continually punishing Meri by not giving her more children to raise?

Soon after, he divorces her and doesn't even offer to reaffirm their spiritual commitment. Then Meri  watches Kody and Robyn sneak off and giggle to the courthouse. Yay, a secret for them to share while Meri gets kicked to the curb again. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Pegasaurus said:

Tell me this is so! 

I want to see Robyn set her ample chin and use it like a battering ram on the front door of Kootie's new castle.

Yes... Please let this be true... I'd love to see Robyn fighting for first spot.

Even better if the new 28 yr old has kids who need adopting!   

Let's see if Robyn steps aside like Meri.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I confess, I cant wait to see that monstrosity of a house they're building. But where do they get the money for these houses & moves every 5 yrs? The Sister Wives Closet doing that well? Sammy Hagar wannabe don't have a job.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, suomi said:

That's a great approach, Suomi.  My approach is also in question form:

1) Why? and  2) Why now?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

Even though I am not a Meri fan, nor do I condone her behavior, I agree. If even we, as viewers can see what happened, then Kody and the other wives know. Anyone in that family with internet access knows. So why does she have to say it on camera? Do the viewers want some sort of act of contrition? A scarlet letter and sack-cloth, a grand mea culpa?  We don't know what was said in private to Kody and by Kody to Meri. I bet Mariah in private has said everything to her mother that hurt her, and Meri has apologized to her.

And if anyone thinks this "hurt the other wives," I've got a bridge I want to sell you.

Having said that, the show should not use it as a storyline if no one is willing to discuss it truthfully on camera. But how often do any of these clowns tell the truth on camera?

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

True.  So what's Kody's excuse?

It's the next part of that sentence that applies to Kody, "could easily spin out of control" and I believe he has.

I would not be at all surprised to hear that he is taking a break in a facility, his demeanor has progressively become more manic over the past 5 years.  His lapses in judgment, his exaggerated body movements, and his contorted facial expressions all hint to me that he is on the brink of collapse.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Having said that, the show should not use it as a storyline if no one is willing to discuss it truthfully on camera. But how often do any of these clowns tell the truth on camera?

I don't think TLC chose to use this as a storyline. It was an event that happened and was being talked about on social media and tv show sources, so TLC had to address it -- besides, I think the scandal brought in more viewers and kept the Browns on TLC for a couple more seasons. But...I'm not sure if the "spin" on the full truth was driven by TLC producers or by Kody. Naturally, Kody wouldn't want viewers to know that he checked out on his marriage to Meri before the catfish incident happened, and since the premise of the show is about how great polygamy is with 1 husband and 4 wives, this event of "a neglected wife seeking love via the internet" wouldn't fit, so instead the spin was in to make Meri, and hence the entire family, victims of this cruel catfisher.

• Love 8