Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Kelly's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

This is a LIVE CHAT thread.  No spoilers or outside reports.  Let's watch the show and snark!

• Start Topic

She seems to have completely withdrawn and is just going through the motions.  She needs to find a reason to lose weight, and indeed to live.  The difference for those who did well has been they had a clear reason - their child, their parent, their spouse, their career - she seems to be just drifting along with no anchor to help her...

• Love 6
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

I miss the Midwest. I’m a transplanted Chicagoan. A friend of mine has been trying to convince me to retire to Iowa. 

I'm retiring in July. Staying here (son is here). I can't believe 1) I'm old enough to retire and 2) in Iowa. I would have laughed about that 20 yrs ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Unfortunately, some healthcare facilities do have plain awful food.  Still that is no excuse to go ordering burgers, they do make low-calorie soups and salads and entrees available for takeout/delivery! 

Seriously. At least fucking pretend you’re trying to make good choices. You’re in the hospital for CHF, in a rehab facility,it’s to loseweight and you choose to order take. And it’s a giant fucking burger!? 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Love 5
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Is she being treated for depression?  You can see it in her face.  I wish they spent more time treating the mental health issues.  And I don't mean the 7-minute sessions with Lola!

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's checked out. She doesn't believe in herself. 

I saw depression on her face in that last scene in the hospital. Not a good sign.

• Love 4

Her eyes are dead. She’s in deep depression and/or her CHF is affecting her cognitive processes. He seems strangely gentle with her. I wonder if he thinks she’s already too far gone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

That burger looked fucking nasty!  I can’t believe the facility allowed outside food.

Actually, rehab facilities don't much care.  When my brother was in rehab, our now late dad, brought him fast food burgers  and cheetos, because my brother eats like a 6 year old.  When my brother moved in with us, we brought him back to good eating, with occasional ff burgers. And cheetos.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

It was in a Cheesecake Factory bag. Everything on their menu is three days worth of calories. Most of it is very good - but it’s a once in a very long while splurge  kind of place. Not to mention it’s very expensive. Who pays for that?

It’s been years since I’ve eaten there, but I used to split a meal with my friends. They are definitely 2 to 3 healthy portions n each entree. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

She's really pretty and she has a very nice smile.

I can't believe that patients are allowed outside food in these rehab facilities.

5 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Why is she allowed to order food out??? 

I've been in rehab for physical therapy a few times & yes you are allowed to order out.  Don't know how it works when you are there for weight loss but it looks like she's allowed. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

That kid’s going to get beat up on the playground if his friends see his Pediasure 

The whole ad is a fraud. There’s nothing about it that stimulates growth unless you were malnourished. They sell it like it’s a growth elixir.

• Love 8

Just came in from rehearsal-- glanced at the show for a few seconds before commercial.   My, my..   Looks like another reluctant poundcipient again this week.   My eating habit tonight is not on Dr. Now's approved list ---BBQ sammich, a handful of fries, baked beans, and a cupcake.   Furthermore,  today I have also again  eaten of the tree of doomed fruit--an orange and grapes.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I really wanted to root for her to succeed, but she's making it hard by not following the diet plan.

Watching this show has become very expensive for me.  I just made reservations for a week at a fat farm ... I mean, fitness spa. I only need to lose 20 pounds, not 200, but I like the idea of a focused regimen and meal plan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Gbb said:

Her eyes are dead. She’s in deep depression and/or her CHF is affecting her cognitive processes. He seems strangely gentle with her. I wonder if he thinks she’s already too far gone. 

I was wondering the same thing or if he knows how deeply depressed she is and knows going full on ballistic won’t work. I hope she’s been getting therapy all this time even if we don’t see it. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

I think I've said it before, lots of these people talk the talk but then fail to implement the corresponding behaviors.

Yes they know they need to lose weight and want to lose weight but don't want to give up the food. Unfortunately I can relate. Dieting is 99% psychological.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That kid’s going to get beat up on the playground if his friends see his Pediasure 

My grandma drank Ensure, which is like Pediasure but for adults (I assume it came first).  Any of those "sure" drinks seem like they're made for old people.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

She seems to have completely withdrawn and is just going through the motions.  She needs to find a reason to lose weight, and indeed to live.  The difference for those who did well has been they had a clear reason - their child, their parent, their spouse, their career - she seems to be just drifting along with no anchor to help her...

I want her to meet with Dr. Paradise. I think he could really help her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I've been in rehab for physical therapy a few times & yes you are allowed to order out.  Don't know how it works when you are there for weight loss but it looks like she's allowed. 

I think she's actually in that rehab because of her heart disease, to strengthen her heart and get physical exercise.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

It was in a Cheesecake Factory bag. Everything on their menu is three days worth of calories. Most of it is very good - but it’s a once in a very long while splurge  kind of place. Not to mention it’s very expensive. Who pays for that?

I don't like their food.  I do like some of their cheesecake, though.

Plus I prefer to patronize local family owned establishments vs. national chains.  I am lucky to live in the area where most eating establishments ARE locally owned small businesses. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

was wondering the same thing or if he knows how deeply depressed she is and knows going full on ballistic won’t work.

She's not trying to lie and manipulate him. That's what really sets him off.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Actually, rehab facilities don't much care.  When my brother was in rehab, our now late dad, brought him fast food burgers  and cheetos, because my brother eats like a 6 year old.  When my brother moved in with us, we brought him back to good eating, with occasional ff burgers. And cheetos.

They said that she would have had to sign consent for them to prevent her from ordering food in, but she refused.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

The whole ad is a fraud. There’s nothing about it that stimulates growth unless you were malnourished. They sell it like it’s a growth elixir.

A normal child would gain a hideous amount of weight drinking that stuff.  Wasn't it originally for childhood cancer patients?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I really wanted to root for her to succeed, but she's making it hard by not following the diet plan.

Watching this show has become very expensive for me.  I just made reservations for a week at a fat farm ... I mean, fitness spa. I only need to lose 20 pounds, not 200, but I like the idea of a focused regimen and meal plan.

Where?  I always thought that would be a great thing to try. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Actually she needs to write a letter to her "Just forget about your multiple rapes" dead momma! Stupid, thoughtless beeotch!

And I hope this the entire content of the letter:

Dear Mom: 

I hope you get hit by a bus.

Best regards, 

Kelly.

4 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Yes..I agree...her eyes are DEAD... . so sad.    Depression is a bitch for sure😔

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

It is my understanding that the rehab places for obese patients cannot ban outside food from being brought in.   I guess someone must have sued at some point.   It makes no sense--if you are in  rehab for drugs and/or alcohol, you aren't allowed to bring in booze or cocaine or pot.   It makes no sense at all.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

My mom and I did dinner and a movie a while back and decided to stop afterwards and get some cheesecake to go. Two slices of plain cheesecake with cherries was 16 bucks! She split hers with my dad and I ate mine over two nights. 

I've never been a huge fan of their regular food, though. I did once have a really good strawberry martini there, though. 🍓

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1

She lost the weight of a tall man off her body and she still looks the same and still using wheelchair after two months in rehab.  Either she is physically deteriorating or she has mentally checked out.  Neither scenario is promising.  

• Love 3