Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Re: Tuesday's show, other than the bibledygook, I found myself quite liking Elizabeth (for the most part, but maybe that is because, in comparison to "she who shall not be named (but is named too much)" , she has a certain likeability. And we all know she is homophobic (on religious grounds, i guess) but Rosie has always been a bit of a bully (and a nutcase).

It hurt to agree with Nutmeg, but she is right about the Democrats. Nobody is going to be the purest person to run. The Republicans don't give a fuck. You see they aren't trying to run anyone against the man in the White House. They want to win even if they don't care for the man.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Tunia said:

Elisabeth and Born Again Candice should get together and create their own "Church Lady" (tm. SNL) show

Maybe "Church Chicks."  Their viewers would be old-fashioned enough to not consider "chicks" insulting.  Neither do I.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe "Church Chicks."  Their viewers would be old-fashioned enough to not consider "chicks" insulting.  Neither do I.

Those Church chicks on the View should take out a page out of Tamara's book who is a host on the talk show the real. She is a conservative Christian who does not come off like a crazy fundie.  She has a sense of humor, does not take herself seriously, is able to empathize with others and does not have to constantly tell you she is a Christian and using a Bible as a prop.  She also does not look down on people who do not share her beliefs. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
19 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

But couldn't it be homophobic of Rosie to imply playing softball has anything to do with your sexual orientation?

• I didn't think of it as "homophobic," but certainly BIGOTED and ignorant!  This Rosie quote from the article is a bit off-base. 
  • "There are not many, in my life, girls with such athletic talent on sports teams that are traditionally male that aren’t at least a little bit gay.”
  • Elisabeth played on a college softball team.  Since when are softball teams "traditionally male," especially on the college level?  
  • "A League of Their Own" was about a women's baseball league.  It's a different game.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, pachebo said:

I found myself quite liking Elizabeth . . . she has a certain likeability.

She does appear to have "a certain likeability," but for me it's all an act: perfect wife, perfect mother, perfect Patriot (with a capital "P"), perfect Christian (Oh Her God 24/7 "on" Christian), perfect Republican, perfect friend, perfect grooming (in the brush-hair variety), perfect make-up, perfect figure.  She's just perfect, isn't she?  She tries too hard and it comes off phony and chirpy for me...but fits in "showbiz" perfectly.   Can't add "perfect author" yet.

• Love 12

I take issue with her authoritarian comment,  "I'm on record speaking personally and directly to him*. The best way to handle any conflict is to go direct first."       Very few of us have the opportunity to speak "personally and directly" to *Donald J. Trump. 

Thank you for the hint, Mrs. Hasselbeck.

I noticed the red "Meghan" blotches on Elisabeth's chest during the Rosie comments.

Edited by HaaCHOO
Merging didn't work well.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I was a big fan of Elisabeth on Survivor. She was adorable. She was adorable on the first few seasons she was on The View. Somewhere in there, she married Tim who is from an Evangelical family and the religious influence came in. Then Sweaty Getty got a big old crush on her and started "grooming" her to be the right wing "pundint". It all went downhill from there because she was a big old sponge and easily influenced.

Also, btw, what I found offensive on the show was the girl on girl kissing, using someone's sexual orientation in a joking mocking way. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
46 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Then Sweaty Getty got a big old crush on her ........

This never gets old.  I die every time.  How many years has it been and yet I still laugh & laugh.  Hee, good times.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Sunny's eye make-up today.  OMG.  When she closed her eyes they looked like two black holes.  She looked like a drag queen. In fact, all of them today looked overdone.  And the show was just nominated for an Emmy for hair and make-up?  Wow.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I just had to turn it off today mid scream from RBM, I yelled STFU so loud, that once again I upset my semi senile shih tzu, and honey, we can't have that. 

GOOD GOD, GIVE IT A REST, THAT HAIR EXTENSION GLUE HAS ROTTED YOUR PEA BRAIN MISS PIGGY.🐽

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I just had to turn it off today mid scream from RBM, I yelled STFU so loud, that once again I upset my semi senile shih tzu, and honey, we can't have that. 

GOOD GOD, GIVE IT A REST, THAT HAIR EXTENSION GLUE HAS ROTTED YOUR PEA BRAIN MISS PIGGY.🐽

Aha!  Did you see my shout out to your dog yesterday?  About whether Bitsy was still shrill enough to scare the pets; including the deaf shih tzu?  I was almost positive it was yours but wasn't 100% sure so I didn't include your name.  🙂  

Edited by Cementhead
removed wonky emoji
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Cement:...thanks....naw must be another precious shih tzu, although My Precious One...Bogart is his name, is world famous....he's not deaf, he's just goofy. Ha. Today was just too much, and you know what, Biden has changed, he's made that very clear through all his actions through the years, but man, he was really horrible to Miss Hill! 

• Love 8

Ha, my bad.  I thought someone had a deaf shih tzu.  Maybe I shouldn't have started drinking wine an hour ago, lol!  Purely for therapeutic purposes,  mind you.  In other news, I too, had to shut the show off early today because of Meghan.  My Meghan threshold is very low.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 3/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Blissfool said:

Careful @UYI . Read at your own risk...

What i found high on the adorableness meter was the clip they showed in which Elisabeth stood up clapping to welcome the guest onto the stage and Sherri had to yank her down because the guest was already sitting on the couch. 🤣🤣

Hahahah yeah that was too funny. Cracked me up

• Love 5
1 hour ago, piccadilly83 said:

Thank you, BLONDIEC0332.  I had to turn off the episode when Meghan started talking over Sunny to defend Joe Biden.  First of all, the argument that he shouldn't be judged for something he did in the past by the standards of today doesn't hold any water with me.  When was decency ever not the standard?  The way Joe Biden treated Anita Hill back in the 90s was wrong and people were saying it back then.  Feminist groups and black women clearly saw the inappropriate way he handled Ms. Hill (along with a lot of other senators.) Also, Meghan needs to fucking quit it with this, I was born in the 80s therefore I don't remember this, therefore it's not important bull crap.  Guess what, I was born in '83 and I completely remember the confirmation hearing of Clarence Thomas.  It was a big deal in my family.  If Meghan was supposed to be such a political expert in the womb, why does she have no recollection of these political events from her childhood?  Also, even if she were too young to have been present during an important political event, that does not mean it is or was not relevant today.  

Also, I believe Joy and Ana kind of missed the boat on this one.  Biden is not apologizing because he's worried about his image versus Trump.  He's worried about his image versus other Democrats.  He has to beat them in the primaries first.  I don't think any Democrat is really worried about their moral failings versus Trump.

Finally I want to reiterate what Sunny said.  I'm not interested in hearing Biden apologize about the Anita Hill hearing because I want to rake him over the coals with guilt in perpetuity.  I just want to know that he's changed, and how the hell else am I supposed to know it unless he says, "Hey, you know, that thing I did back then, it wasn't so great.  I made a mistake."

"People were saying it back then" is what I remember. And I'm his age. When he didn't allow the other witnesses, I was fuming. He may be genuinely sorry. His behavior since then suggests it, but like you I want genuine remorse.  

• Love 9

Cement.....hey that's okay, my shih tzu is just kinda senile, like his owner....I'm half deaf though. ha. And and and, that RBM is too LOUD FOR EVEN MOI! (not to mention my Bogie who just wants to sleep 20 hours day)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Meghan using the “I was too young at the time of the Anita Hill hearings” excuse, as if that makes it any less important, was ridiculous. I’m from Meghan’s generation and I rarely bring up my age because I don’t want you lovely ladies and gents to think we’re all ignorant like her, lol. Read a book, Meghan! Watch old clips online! Discuss it with your political family and/or friends who were around at the time. Geez. She used a similar line of being “too young” to know something when she was on Bill Maher’s show and it was equally embarrassing. 

I agree with those of you who mentioned that she’s only defending Joe Biden this much because of their closeness. When has she ever defended any Democrat as much as she defended him today? I’m not saying she didn’t have any good points in that I, too, believe Biden has evolved but once again, had it not been a Democrat close to her, I don’t think she’d be defending the person this much...

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, piccadilly83 said:

First of all Meghan is only defending Joe Biden because he is her "uncle".

How long has Joe Biden been Meghan's "uncle"? Did this only happen because his son had the same cancer as her father?

Was he her "uncle" in 2008 as in Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin? Just wondering???

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan using the “I was too young at the time of the Anita Hill hearings” excuse, as if that makes it any less important, was ridiculous. I’m from Meghan’s generation and I rarely bring up my age because I don’t want you lovely ladies and gents to think we’re all ignorant like her, lol. Read a book, Meghan! Watch old clips online! Discuss it with your political family and/or friends who were around at the time. Geez. She used a similar line of being “too young” to know something when she was on Bill Maher’s show and it was equally embarrassing.

I agree with those of you who mentioned that she’s only defending Joe Biden this much because of their closeness. When has she ever defended any Democrat as much as she defended him today? I’m not saying she didn’t have any good points in that I, too, believe Biden has evolved but once again, had it not been a Democrat close to her, I don’t think she’d be defending the person this much...

Did they stop teaching history when Meghan was in high school?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Sunny's eye make-up today.  OMG.  When she closed her eyes they looked like two black holes.  She looked like a drag queen. In fact, all of them today looked overdone.  And the show was just nominated for an Emmy for hair and make-up?  Wow.

@debbie311,   I came here to post precisely this.  Sunny was making excellent points today, but whatever was going on with those eyes was truly frightening.  I have had Halloween eye makeup that was subtler than that.  And does no one else see this, either co-host or staff?  Nutmeg's eyes are frequently over done but Sunny's make-up was beyond overdone, it almost seemed as if she couldn't see out of her eyeballs!

Plus, NutMeg was nervously petting her my little ponytail.  Yikes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, UYI said:

Guys, help. I don't hate this Bitsy interview. I've been THAT worn down by MeAgain McCain that she doesn't seem all that bad, and I made fun of her all throughout high school and college a decade or so ago!

I need to lie down... -_- 

I agree.  Compared to Meghan, Bitsy didn't seem all that bad to me either.

As to the discussion re their voices, both are annoying for sure.  But Meghan's is unbearable for me.  Not just her voice in general, but the way it rises when she becomes agitated or thinks she's being fun.  Nails on a chalkboard doesn't even begin to describe it.  She's way too prone to histrionics, and that just brings it to new levels and makes it worse.

So I'm Team Bitsy in every way for sure.  And I would take 3 Bitsys over Meghan in a heartbeat.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2019 at 9:57 PM, bannana said:

Think she got religious enough in this interview on Fox? (they don't want you back, Bitsy.)

"Hasselbeck spoke publicly about O’Donnell’s remarks on Fox & Friends earlier on Tuesday.

“I’ll be very honest: I read it and I immediately started praying. … And I pray now the Holy Spirit gives me the words to articulate this, but I think it can be addressed with both truth and grace,” the host said."

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Yeah, what was her point?  She dosen't remember the Anita Hill hearing's,  and? 

Stacey Abrams is fantastic.  

Meghan and Abby's bullshit  hating "identity politics " stfu. Some issues are important to people because if they dont make noise no one else will. Not everyone has the privilege of being a white trust fund princess.  Where you have the privilege to not care about some issues.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan using the “I was too young at the time of the Anita Hill hearings” excuse, as if that makes it any less important, was ridiculous. 

Meghan picks and chooses what she is too young to remember or care about.  If it's something that fits her agenda she is all about it. If it's something that counters her beliefs she dismisses it.  Must be nice to be the one who dictates what is relevant and what is not.

And it is relevant how Joe Biden treated Anita Hill.  Almost 25 years later Senators (some which were there when Hill testified) treated Christina Blasey Ford the same way.

• Love 18

Ana: Let’s ban the word “disappointed.”  30 seconds later, Meghan “That’s really disappointing...”. Ha!

And Meg thinks the proposed repeal of the ACA is because of her father?  Right. Everything revolves around the McCain family. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

Thank You Ana for bringing an intelligence to this crap show today with Elsa dictating again when others can speak.  Loved it when Ana said 45 only has people in the office who are willing to work not the smartest..

Joy, my girl what happened to you when Elsa said something like wait a minute can I speak, Joy my girl what happened to the old Joy who would have said no B . .. .

One minute into the show and Elsa has to bring up daddy dearest saying 45 has a problem with it because of her daddy.  Elsa 45 hates anything to do with Obama and others who are smart and you Elsa hates anything to do with people who are smarter then her and who have a heart which is EVERYONE.

Elsa's dis service to this country is to drain Brain Cells from the Viewers

• Love 12
Just now, rickhurst3186 said:

Soooo, Megs is pro-life because of the Special Olympics? What??? Damn she's dumb. 

Yeah and not only that, she STILL played "devil's advocate" (her words) and tried to defend 45 and DeVos.  

Sickening. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I agree.  Compared to Meghan, Bitsy didn't seem all that bad to me either.

As to the discussion re their voices, both are annoying for sure.  But Meghan's is unbearable for me.  Not just her voice in general, but the way it rises when she becomes agitated or thinks she's being fun.  Nails on a chalkboard doesn't even begin to describe it.  She's way too prone to histrionics, and that just brings it to new levels and makes it worse.

So I'm Team Bitsy in every way for sure.  And I would take 3 Bitsys over Meghan in a heartbeat.  

That's because you haven't repeatedly seen Bitsy in her full-throated rabid chipmunk voice.  Ear-splitting!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, OnTime said:

How long has Joe Biden been Meghan's "uncle"? Did this only happen because his son had the same cancer as her father?

Was he her "uncle" in 2008 as in Obama/Biden vs McCain/Palin? Just wondering???

But she has certainly turned on her "bastard uncle" Lindsey Graham. The icicles formed on the words as they exited her mouth last time she talked about him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8