Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Morgalisa said:

Rosie seemed really hurt by EH's remarks today.  Rosie follows me on Twitter for some reason and liked two of my tweets about EH's homophobia. (I saw it as homophobia with the grooming comments).

Rosie should have not spoken to anybody about Elizabeth. She never learns and gets stuck in a cycle of being treated like crap. She should have said a simple no comment when asked about Bitsy.  She created this monster that is Elizabeth by engaging with her about politics. Elizabeth became prominent because of Rosie. Meredith never engaged with Elizabeth and treated her like the moron that she was.. You don't feed the troll and Rosie has done that for years and then she wonders why it always goes wrong for her..

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

I’m surprised they brought it up at all. I would have thought they would ignore the book. When it’s released and unfavorable bits about the ladies are excerpted online will they bring those up, I expect they will not. They’ve just promoted the book and drawn people’s attention to it today. I wonder who okayed the question? If I was producing the show I would not have allowed it, it’s not classy to do when Rosie is also a former employee and not there to defend herself. 

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

Rosie seemed really hurt by EH's remarks today.  Rosie follows me on Twitter for some reason and liked two of my tweets about EH's homophobia. (I saw it as homophobia with the grooming comments).

But couldn't it be homophobic of Rosie to imply playing softball has anything to do with your sexual orientation?

Those type of stereotypes don't seem helpful. I.E. Boys who dance/do ballet must be gay. Girls who play softball or basketball must be gay.

I would think Rosie would be a little more sophisticated in her thinking.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

But did you see when Joy said that, Bitsy gave a “yeah, I don’t know about that,” which indicates to me that she did carry it over beyond the stage, probably behind Joy’s back. I’m sure she was in talks with the producers to keep the animosity ramped up for fireworks to pull in viewers. 

I noticed that. I wasn't a regular watcher of the show when Elizabeth was on, but I've seen some clips. I'm not sure who I'd prefer between her and Meghan. It's hard to imagine that she'd be more unpleasant than Meghan. 

I'm a lot more forgiving of young people who unintentionally disrespect their elders. That's how I felt about the clip of that young girl who met Dr. Maya Angelou. I actually thought oh gosh, this poor thing was probably so excited and didn't mean any harm. I was surprised no one else thought Angelou's reaction was harsh. 

Meghan is so rude time after time to Joy Behar, who is a View veteran, very accomplished and intelligent, and a woman of a particular age. I would never talk to someone Joy's age the way Meghan does, not that I think it's acceptable to be so hostile to your peers either. I really don't get what Meghan has against Joy.

• Love 22
26 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I actually thought oh gosh, this poor thing was probably so excited and didn't mean any harm. I was surprised no one else thought Angelou's reaction was harsh. 

🙋‍♀️

Me. I thought she was harsh. And elitist, as I heard mentioned somewhere.

• Love 15
32 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

But couldn't it be homophobic of Rosie to imply playing softball has anything to do with your sexual orientation?

Those type of stereotypes don't seem helpful. I.E. Boys who dance/do ballet must be gay. Girls who play softball or basketball must be gay.

I would think Rosie would be a little more sophisticated in her thinking.

BBM. I wouldn't call this remark homophobic. I would agree it is stereotyping, and not very accurate stereotyping. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

I’m surprised they brought it up at all. I would have thought they would ignore the book. When it’s released and unfavorable bits about the ladies are excerpted online will they bring those up, I expect they will not. They’ve just promoted the book and drawn people’s attention to it today. I wonder who okayed the question? If I was producing the show I would not have allowed it, it’s not classy to do when Rosie is also a former employee and not there to defend herself. 

I was very surprised they asked that question because that book is not favourable about any of them!

But it will help Bitsy sell her ridiculous book.

Edited by bannana
I guess I just couldn't type the word book in the same sentence as Bitsy.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan is so rude time after time to Joy Behar, who is a View veteran, very accomplished and intelligent, and a woman of a particular age. I would never talk to someone Joy's age the way Meghan does, not that I think it's acceptable to be so hostile to your peers either. I really don't get what Meghan has against Joy.

Apparently she thinks she was hired to specifically go after Joy.

And, Meghan, Elisabeth is NOT "the OG" of The View...never was--never will be.  At the 2019 table, Joy has been there 20 years; had Elisabeth stayed, she would have been there only sixteen--but she left after ten.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Nice to see Elisabeth Hasselbeck still has that stick up her ass. How many times did she use the word "grace"? Shut up already.

How many segments does that "OG" get?   Seemed like an audition for a motivational Christian talk show (produced by Hasselbeck Incorporated*) with contracted tours at all the megachurchs in the U.S.  Buzzwords, buzzwords, buzzwords spoken in ChirpSpeak.  So exhausting!

*Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

I think so myself.  I think BOTH Rosie and Elisabeth have issues.

1 hour ago, bannana said:

I was very surprised they asked that question because that book is not favourable about any of them!

But it will help Bitsy sell her ridiculous book.

@bannana - oh you Canadian you and your favour!  I got the movie The Favourite because I knew how to spell it.  Ha ha.

Anyways - mentioning a book about hosts we love to love and those we love to hate is in no way a lead in to Bitsy's bible buffet book.

54 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Why wouldn't she be nice?  Bitsy said she forgave Rosie, which IMO means no animosity.

Bible buffet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Why wouldn't she be nice?  Bitsy said she forgave Rosie, which IMO means no animosity. 

I didn't watch the Bitsy segment today.

What on earth did Bitsy forgive Rosie for? Putting her on the map that she loves so much?

• LOL 11
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I noticed that. I wasn't a regular watcher of the show when Elizabeth was on, but I've seen some clips. I'm not sure who I'd prefer between her and Meghan. It's hard to imagine that she'd be more unpleasant than Meghan.

I'm a lot more forgiving of young people who unintentionally disrespect their elders. That's how I felt about the clip of that young girl who met Dr. Maya Angelou. I actually thought oh gosh, this poor thing was probably so excited and didn't mean any harm. I was surprised no one else thought Angelou's reaction was harsh.

With age comes some wisdom?

• Love 1

Bitsy was very disturbed by Rosie's reckless  and disturbing comments about having a crush on her (in fairness to Bitsy, Ro also said she thought that it was mutual, maybe that was what she thought was reckless 🤨).

But!....then she must have a real problem with the entire cast of Survivor.  She could really milk this #metoo angle to her benefit.

Everyone on Survivor had a crush on Bitsy!

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

I didn't watch the Bitsy segment today.

What on earth did Bitsy forgive Rosie for? Putting her on the map that she loves so much? 

That...and probably for implying Bits is a lesbian. After all, that's sacrilegious in her mind.👼

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I wish Rosie would stop talking about Elizabeth.  Anything and everything she says, will get twisted.  EH hasn't changed,  Ro always gave  her way too much credit.  Ro thought EH was "nice" maybe it was the crush  but EH was more calculating than Ro saw. As others have said here is Ro making EH relevant again, ugh.

I cant believe that fool said she was being groomed.  That really pisses me off.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 20

They both said some really dumb, offensive things.  People should learn to filter their thoughts before speaking/tweeting.  A simple "I wish her the best" would have sufficed.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

Yep. I saw the bible too. With little blue post-its sticking out of it, marking pages.

Bible Bitsy. Still shrill after all these years.

Less tolerant, still rigid, still narrow minded, still afraid of change, incurious about the world. 

Oh that high voice. Ugh. 

She carried a bible on the show 😂 wth?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

How does Meghan manage to come up with a phrase, (on every single episode) that you want to hit her over the head with?  “The OG of the View”??   Every. Single. Episode.  STFU Meghan.  Please, for the love of God!! Lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Good lord, Biden being obtuse about Anita Hill was nearly 30 yrs ago. No one had heard of sexual harassment before those hearings. Ana is so right about Dems apologizing for insignificant things. And Meghan is right (gack) about people changing in 30 yrs when they know better. 

• Love 22

Poor Elizabeth, I think she’s finally gone ‘round the bend’.  Looked like it was starting to happen  years ago.   I think a lot of her husbands influence, among other things,   has  turned her into robotic  zealot.  

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

Poor Elizabeth, I think she’s finally gone ‘round the bend’.  Looked like it was starting to happen  years ago.   I think a lot of her husbands influence, among other things,   has  turned her into robotic  zealot.  

Seemed like she was auditioning. But where would she fit with all that God and Bible talk? CBN looking for a talk show host?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

“You have to understand...” Meghan to Stacey Abrams. I think she does understand quite well, more than some self appointed pundint. 

Meghan is a political analyst.  She is, she really is, she said that she is.

Didn't you listen? (ha-ha)

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Stacy Abrams is so damn impressive, her pushbacks on the conservative twins was marvelous. Megan is just looking down at her blue notes just talking nonsense, she is not engaging with Stacy at all, she is just a mouthpiece..

Georgia you guys got played, Stacy would have taken your state on another level.  

We tried, but you know voter suppression and all . . . .

• Love 8
On 3/25/2019 at 11:46 AM, KLovestoShop said:

NutMeg, I absolutely love that.  I swear she has multiple personalities.  Hell, I come from a military family, all the way back to my great-great grandfather who was a Hungarian Freedom Fighter.  I would bet most families have had family members who served in the military, so she ain’t nothing special.

Elisabeth is on in part, I’m guessing, to respond to allegations in a book written about the View that said Rosie O’Donnell had lesbian feelings for her.  Rosie was quoted as saying that she loved EH and was trying to coach her on being a good panelist, and had “feelings” for her.

Why didn't we get a barf emoji with the new version???

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

First of all Meghan is only defending Joe Biden because he is her "uncle". Second if Biden has things to answer for then he needs to answer for them.  And if Meghan thinks his fellow Democrats are being too hard on him what does she think the opposing party will do to him if he is the nominee?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 22
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

First of all Meghan is only defending Joe Biden because he is her "uncle". Second if Biden has things to answer for then he needs to answer for them.  And if Meghan thinks his fellow Democrats are being too hard on him what does she think the opposing party will do to him if he is the nominee?

I hate to defend Megan, but, I think that she was saying that the Democrats need to not apply purity tests. I can write a dissertation on it, but, it would be off-topic. People's views evolve as they learn and grow. Megan was shouting to be the loudest voice to be heard and her point got lost..  

• Love 16