Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's a Clam Shame

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, albarino said:

I've never had breast augmentation surgery (but could have used it) so I can't comment on the recovery process but I have has some facial work done.  My daughter has also had orthognathic surgery.  If Bethenny had some sort of jaw surgery, she would not have been fully recovered in a month.  My experience only.

I don't doubt that;  I don't think Bethenny was necessarily fully recovered in a month, just that her jaw shrank substantially between May and June, which could have been closer to 60 days than 30; I don't remember the particular dates.  At the time of the alleged operation, a lot of people were talking about the mechanics of that particular surgery, and apparently the surgeon can go in from the inside, with very tiny tools, so the swelling may have been less visible than with other plastic surgeries.  I don't know.

It is my strongly held lay opinion that the transformation of Bethenny's face is the result of a scalpel and a chisel, not an injection, an exercise, or a combination of injections and exercises. Especially in that time frame.  Then she went on WWHL and flat-out denied it, almost daring Andy to question her further.

Another person who went on WWHL and said they did not have plastic surgery?  Melissa Gorga.  According to Melissa, the reason that she was sporting a brand new nose was contouring makeup.  She copped to lying about it in season seven.  Melissa's lie wasn't as bad, because she wasn't shouting the lie from the rooftops.  I was still insulted by it though.  

We have eyes.  We can see.  And how about alllll the people who gave you the benefit of the doubt?  They feel like ninnies.  If you don't want to talk about it, don't talk about it, but don't lie.  That's what bothers me.  Grown women having elective surgery doesn't bother me.  Whether it comes out well or poorly, I'm going to comment on it.  I think Bethenny's breasts look good; some people think they're too big, I happen to like that Barbie-doll body silhouette, but she lied about it, got called out, and only then did she stop lying. Now we're supposed to believe her about another cosmetic surgery?  More power to you for looking how you want to look, boo; but cut out the lying.  Fool me once...

However the Vanderpump Rules scene played out, I can't cite the specifics, but I remember that the words that the plastic surgeon spoke to Jax were pretty damning to Bethenny's case about the power of Botox to shrink the jaw, because the second he said it, I thought to myself, "Ok, well the good doctor just made a liar out of Bethenny; wonder if Andy/Bravo is gonna catch hell for letting that air."  It was discussed on the Internet.  Because the words weren't specific to Jax; it was a general statement about the viability of that method of solving that problem. Yes, the doctor could have been wrong, overgeneralizing, perhaps I misheard him, or all of the above.  It could all be "bullshit."  I acknowledge that possibility. I just know that I didn't have Bethenny anywhere on my mind, RHNYC wasn't even airing, but when the doctor said what he said on camera, my, ahem, jaw dropped.    

• Love 2
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

NYC and the Berskshires house. They met becaise she was working as a real estate agent in Manhattan and showed him in apartment.

She sold him a townhouse on the Upper East Side.  He was a huge player in the financial arena.  I remember when Bethenny thought she was talking too much about Richard and characterized Medley as someone who wrote speeches for congressmen.   He was far from that.  

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2008/10/terrific_townhouses.html?gtm=bottom&gtm=top

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think poor John is being used.  She wasn’t married to Richard very long.  His status and influence is what she is missing.  Living in London, hobnobbing with the rich and famous, traveling, etc.  Big difference from then to now.  That is what she is missing, and John is just filling the void.  IMO.  She orders John around like he’s her lap dog.

mous

I don't think John is being used. Or, if he is, it's karma. I think John took advantage of her first. He was friends with her and Richard when they were married. They got together soon after Richard passed. I think Dorinda even said something about him being there to comfort her all the time. Obviously this is largely speculation, but I feel like he swept in when she was at her most vulnerable. I think he originally took advantage of HER. So the fact that she holds him at arm's length doesn't really bother me. 

• Love 7

Why did Dennis get an 'in memory of' after Billions?  was he a producer or something?

Unpopular opinion: I liked Ramona's neon yellow shoes wih the black dress.  It was like a wacky 80's pop of color.

And re: Ramona vs Vicky Gunvalson - VG is the absolute worst.  When her daughter told her that Brooks hit on her, Vicki's reaction was 'no way he would hit on you when he has ME'.  Can you imagine if Ramona had a boyfriend who hit on Avery?  I bet dumping him would not be the only thing she would do to him.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I don't doubt that;  I don't think Bethenny was necessarily fully recovered in a month, just that her jaw shrank substantially between May and June, which could have been closer to 60 days than 30; I don't remember the particular dates.  At the time of the alleged operation, a lot of people were talking about the mechanics of that particular surgery, and apparently the surgeon can go in from the inside, with very tiny tools, so the swelling may have been less visible than with other plastic surgeries.  I don't know.

It is my strongly held lay opinion that the transformation of Bethenny's face is the result of a scalpel and a chisel, not an injection, an exercise, or a combination of injections and exercises. Especially in that time frame.  Then she went on WWHL and flat-out denied it, almost daring Andy to question her further.

Another person who went on WWHL and said they did not have plastic surgery?  Melissa Gorga.  According to Melissa, the reason that she was sporting a brand new nose was contouring makeup.  She copped to lying about it in season seven.  Melissa's lie wasn't as bad, because she wasn't shouting the lie from the rooftops.  I was still insulted by it though.  

We have eyes.  We can see.  And how about alllll the people who gave you the benefit of the doubt?  They feel like ninnies.  If you don't want to talk about it, don't talk about it, but don't lie.  That's what bothers me.  Grown women having elective surgery doesn't bother me.  Whether it comes out well or poorly, I'm going to comment on it.  I think Bethenny's breasts look good; some people think they're too big, I happen to like that Barbie-doll body silhouette, but she lied about it, got called out, and only then did she stop lying. Now we're supposed to believe her about another cosmetic surgery?  More power to you for looking how you want to look, boo; but cut out the lying.  Fool me once...

However the Vanderpump Rules scene played out, I can't cite the specifics, but I remember that the words that the plastic surgeon spoke to Jax were pretty damning to Bethenny's case about the power of Botox to shrink the jaw, because the second he said it, I thought to myself, "Ok, well the good doctor just made a liar out of Bethenny; wonder if Andy/Bravo is gonna catch hell for letting that air."  It was discussed on the Internet.  Because the words weren't specific to Jax; it was a general statement about the viability of that method of solving that problem. Yes, the doctor could have been wrong, overgeneralizing, perhaps I misheard him, or all of the above.  It could all be "bullshit."  I acknowledge that possibility. I just know that I didn't have Bethenny anywhere on my mind, RHNYC wasn't even airing, but when the doctor said what he said on camera, my, ahem, jaw dropped.    

My two cents, lol. I say, who gives a shit who has what done .. it’s their business, but why lie about it.  I don’t watch Jersey anymore since Tre went to jail, but, I saw the reunion.  They looked horrible.  Theresa was a beautiful girl .. now she looks terrible. Just because they have the money, they have to have work done?  Can’t they see how awful they Look?  Who the hell would want to go under anesthesia for that crap?  And that Margaret .. yuk.  The only person that look great from plastic surgery is Jennifer Lopez, IMO.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 6
On 3/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, Mr. Minor said:

I think Beth's charity work is great. There are a lot of wealthy people that give unnoticed and don't need a camera crew following them around.

To be fair, those other wealthy people are likely not on a reality TV show where their job is to lead their lives in front of the camera.

The charity work is a big part of Bethenny's life and, IMO, it would be odd if it weren't included in filming.  

• Love 10
23 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Absolutely, I agree, but sometimes these people begin to think they own you.  

This answer was meant for a different comment.  I don’t know how it got here.  It was in answer to something about Dorinda.

Edited by Gem 10

Bethanny is not a great beauty IMO. She just isn't. No amount of surgery is going to fix that. She does have a banging body. Her face though, for me, is hard to look at. Although it may just be how mean and critical her eyes look all the time and the mean things she is always saying- trying to find faults with people and then make fun of them. 

Melissa Gorga is another one who is just not a natural beauty. For me, it's clear in the bone structure. Dolores has AMAZING bone structure-- you just can't buy that. You end up with two ball hanging down around your nose (i.e., Bethanny Frankel). All the folks that get the cheek implants-- it just looks fake to me. I would love nice bone structure, but I'm just going to look fake as hell if I try to get implants screwed on my flat cheekbones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Tinsley impressed me at Sonja’s Paper party. When she arrived, Sonja said something like, “I was just talking about you. I’m in Paper Magazine. You were in Paper Magazine- -“

Tinsley says, “Yeah, um, my mom’s here....”

How often does a HW choose not to talk about herself, but instead to direct the attention to someone else?

• Useful 3
  • Love 12

I have never in my life witnessed grown women behaving the way they all do with catty and combative behavior over the smallest of slights.  The lack of social skills and etiquette such as taking food from a party makes all of them sloppy women who no one should ever want to be around.  I don't care how kind hearted Frankel is with her charity, she is also a loud mouthed abrasive human being who thinks nothing of ridiculing others for her own gain.  None of them can solve the simplest conflict without first going into all out fight mode and it isn't entertaining anymore. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, weaver said:

I remember when Bethenny thought she was talking too much about Richard and characterized Medley as someone who wrote speeches for congressmen.  

What a moment that was: reality tv housewife Bethnny Frankel ("Wanna blowjob?") disses heavyweight financial player and lifetime member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Richard Medley ("Wanna blow up the world markets today?")

Michael Capponi, Frankel's charity partner (the man she claimed was so much more informed & powerful compared to Richard Medley) is actually the man with the hyped-up resume, imo. He's also pure trash.

He was having an affair with a recent college grad (Brooke Biederman) half his age, and she'd kept it secret from everyone.  When he crashed his boat into a seawall, he left Brooke in a coma, and due to him lying on his insurance form, her medical care  (surgery, critical care and months of painful rehab) was an out-of-pocket expense for her parents. When Brooke woke up, she had no memory of him, but Capponi would not leave her alone. He hounded her with emails, phonecalls,  and stole photos off her phone and posted them on a Facebook page devoted to their "great love" (the photos included shots of Brooke in bed, and in a medical gown at a doctor's office).  He persisted - despite Brooke asking him to leave her alone, and the family lawyer sending him a letter - and never apologized for any of it. 

The man is beyond hinky, and I think it's odd that Frankel (claiming to be in fear for her very life from Jason) partnered with & praises a man who put a  young woman in a coma, stalked her for months, and posted stolen photos. 

But yeah, whatever, Bethy - your bud is WAY more powerful than stoopid Richard Medley, who raised millions for charity at fundraisers with guests like Bishop Desmond Tutu and Colin Powell - and not a single coma victim on his guest list.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 3/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, HunterHunted said:

movie lawsuit

Knowing Dennis' business practices Luann would have wound up owing Dennis at least $18 million. I've always been curious about why Dennis and Jill hadn't even filed for divorce. I've thought there were financial and legal (criminal) reasons they stayed married. So I wonder if Luann was going to Dennis for some not entirely legal assistance.

Bethenny is lucky that Jill Shields isn't as tacky as she is because the engagement ring is actually the property of Dennis' estate. An engagement ring is a gift given in consideration of marriage. If the marriage doesn't occur, the ring usually returns to the giver. Furthermore, Dennis never even took any active steps to indicate that he was planning on marrying Bethenny; these would be steps like FILING FOR DIVORCE. And Bethenny never even accepted his proposal. So Bethenny is busy flashing this engagement ring for a marriage to which she never agreed to a man who could not marry her. That's a deep and abiding love and lifelong commitment.

The ring Dennis gave to Bryn...is Bryn's because it's a regular gift.

This might be a lazy generalization, but don't divorces take FOREVER when there is a lot of wealth involved? It makes me think of when Mariah Carey got engaged to James Packer and neither one of them had finalized their divorces yet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, film noire said:

He was having an affair with a recent college grad (Brooke Biederman)

Neither  Capponi or Biederman were married, and both were legal adults so I don't understand why this is characterized as "having an affair".

) half his age, and she'd kept it secret from everyone. 

She was 23 and a college graduate dating a 43 year old man. The age difference is big but about the same as the Adam/Carole pairing. And it wasn't a secret from *everyone* - people in their circle were well aware the two were dating. She was keeping it a secret from her *parents*, not the world.

due to him lying on his insurance form, her medical care  (surgery, critical care and months of painful rehab) was an out-of-pocket expense for her parents. 

The insurance company did not win this argument, the case was settled between all parties.

When he crashed his boat into a seawall, he left Brooke in a coma,

The accident was investigated thoroughly in part because a Coast Guard video of it went viral. The investigators cleared both Capponi and Beiderman of any wrong doing in the crash. Neither were found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 

Now, did he persist in trying to contact Brooke as her parents kept them separated? Yes. Until they had a lawyer send him a letter. But at the end of the day this wasn't some guy forcing an innocent young girl to sexually service him against her will - Brooke was actively in a relationship by choice with this guy.

The accident was investigated. It was an accident not a murder attempt. Capponi has not been charged with any crime in relation to the accident or in relation to supposedly stalking Brooke. I'm not terribly taken with his life choices but I think there's more to the story than "he was having an affair with her and left her in a coma".

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

This might be a lazy generalization, but don't divorces take FOREVER when there is a lot of wealth involved? It makes me think of when Mariah Carey got engaged to James Packer and neither one of them had finalized their divorces yet.

It depends. It depends on the length of the marriage, if they have a prenup, how much money is involved, and how much animosity there is between the spouses. Michael Douglas' divorce from Diandra Luker took a really long time. Camille and Kelsey Grammer's divorce took about 7 months even though it was really acrimonious. Tiger Woods' divorce from Elin took 8 months. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce took 11 days. Theirs is a special case because Katie refused to marry Tom until her father, a family law attorney, finished crafting their prenup to her satisfaction. She was determined to get out as quickly and cleanly as possible. And then there's the divorce of Ladies of London's Scot, it took forever because he was determined to hide his nearly billion dollar fortune. He went to prison. He never revealed where the money was hidden and then he was murdered by the Russians who helped him hide his fortune.

Who knows what was going on with Dennis and Jill, but presumably he didn't have anywhere near the wealth of any of the above.

Thank you @film noire for bringing up Michael Capponi. I remember when I first heard about the case. It was a creepy horror show of intentionally ignoring her boundaries after she came out of her coma. I've never been able to shake the feeling that he crashed the boat intentionally though I have no proof of that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

The first step would be actually filing for divorce which hadn’t happened. And there could be a gazillion reasons for that but it doesn’t appear that Dennis was actually super gung-ho about in actual legal marriage with her if he proposed in March or April (i forget which) and still hadn’t filed for divorce at the time of his death in August.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

Neither  Capponi or Biederman were married, and both were legal adults so I don't understand why this is characterized as "having an affair".

She was 23 and a college graduate dating a 43 year old man. The age difference is big but about the same as the Adam/Carole pairing. And it wasn't a secret from *everyone* - people in their circle were well aware the two were dating. She was keeping it a secret from her *parents*, not the world.

The insurance company did not win this argument, the case was settled between all parties.

The accident was investigated thoroughly in part because a Coast Guard video of it went viral. The investigators cleared both Capponi and Beiderman of any wrong doing in the crash. Neither were found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. 

Now, did he persist in trying to contact Brooke as her parents kept them separated? Yes. Until they had a lawyer send him a letter. But at the end of the day this wasn't some guy forcing an innocent young girl to sexually service him against her will - Brooke was actively in a relationship by choice with this guy.

The accident was investigated. It was an accident not a murder attempt. Capponi has not been charged with any crime in relation to the accident or in relation to supposedly stalking Brooke. I'm not terribly taken with his life choices but I think there's more to the story than "he was having an affair with her and left her in a coma".

Thanks RAP.  I wanted to post those facts but I'm on my iPad and posting on PTV with it is a challenge.   Michael has done some amazing charity work. Working with him Bethenny gets to deal directly with the people in need. That eliminates so many problems with some relief efforts. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

I don't believe Bethanny's story that Dennis proposed. You only keep the ring if you accept the proposal. You don't say, "No, I don't want to marry you, but thanks for the ring as I reminder you asked." I call big time bullshit on the proposal. The ring she had wasn't an engagement ring anyway. I just think the whole thing reeks of a desperation for attention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't believe Bethanny's story that Dennis proposed. You only keep the ring if you accept the proposal. You don't say, "No, I don't want to marry you, but thanks for the ring as I reminder you asked." I call big time bullshit on the proposal. The ring she had wasn't an engagement ring anyway. I just think the whole thing reeks of a desperation for attention.

Reeks of an attempt to validate the relationship. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Thank you @film noire for bringing up Michael Capponi. I remember when I first heard about the case. It was a creepy horror show of intentionally ignoring her boundaries after she came out of her coma.

Such a horror show. Never mind Capponi putting up a Facebook page with 200+ private photos,  nasty digs thrown at her parents, hints of some kind of medical issue of Brooke's (thus the photo of her at the doctor, in an examination gown) he also posted this kind of freaky shit (capped letters all his, not mine):

"I vowed to you that I would never leave you no matter what and that is what I am doing. THIS IS WHAT YOU ASKED ME TO DO ON OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER. ON THE EVE OF THE ACCIDENT, I TOLD YOU AFTER WE PICKED OUR WEDDING DATE THAT I WOULD GO TO THE DEEPEST PARTS OF HELL TO FIND YOU IF WE WERE EVER SEPARATED.(Remember the movie we saw, What Dream's May Come.)"

I wish he'd stop showing up on RHoNY. 

It's disgusting watching him being portrayed as if he's some great guy, and not a total fucking slimeball.

I've never been able to shake the feeling that he crashed the boat intentionally though I have no proof of that.

You, me,  Brooke's mother (and possibly Brooke, too) have the same feeling. Per Capponi himself, Brooke's mother "officially" told Capponi's lawyer that before Brooke went into the coma she said, "That schmuck tried to kill me." 

I also side eye Capponi every time Frankel trots him out on the show /mentions him on social media  because Capponi put big game hunter Andres Fanjul Jr (of the Big Sugar Fanjuls who brought us Nico Fanjul, the asshole who beat Tinsley) on the board of Capponi's Global Empowerment Mission. Ick.

She's like Bad Man Velcro.  I think her hunger to be the biggest light in every room blinds her. And I find her double-standard maddening.  If anybody else made the claims she does on the show, she'd filet them like an (unfinned) fish.  ("Ramona says this guy -- who stalks women in comas and hangs out with a dude who loves killing lions -  is WAY more trustworthy when it comes to charitable work than the guy who raised money with Bishop Desmond Tutu.  Okay, Crazy Eyes. Go get another lobster. Or a lion.")  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Reeks of an attempt to validate the relationship. 

You've got to love Dennis and Bethenny's engagement. It's like a 100 night Casper Mattress sleep trial. Seriously, Bethenny said he "proposed" in April. Dennis died in August. It really was like a 100 day trial.

"Take the ring, try it on, see how it fits, and contemplate being linked to me for the rest of your life. If you don't like it after 100 days, give it back."

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You've got to love Dennis and Bethenny's engagement. It's like a 100 night Casper Mattress sleep trial. Seriously, Bethenny said he "proposed" in April. Dennis died in August. It really was like a 100 day trial.

"Take the ring, try it on, see how it fits, and contemplate being linked to me for the rest of your life. If you don't like it after 100 days, give it back."

Haha! I love how Bethanny is saying that Dennis proposed, she didn't accept (is she thinking about it?) but is just going to hang on to the ring until she knows whether she wants to wear it or give it back. Let me just tell you, I've never known ANYONE to propose, give the woman a ring, and then just hang out for months on end waiting to find out what she says (and I guess wait to see if she comes around again and doesn't take off with the ring).

• Love 11
On 3/23/2019 at 8:21 AM, backhometome said:

Luann is so damn arrogant. Is Cabaret the new Tom. Where Lu has to mention it every 5 mins. You are not a star darling. And whoever told you can sing should be shot. 

Sonja does not look good with long hair. She looked ridiculous at the party. 

Ramona and Sonja taking the food was so them. 

I would like to add that whoever told Beth she was funny should also be shot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

I thought Sonja looked OK in her THs with the half updo (but no smoky eye) Bardot look. But those photos at the party. Just. No. The comparisons to Donatella Versace are spot-on. That wig is terrible.

I can't add much more to what's already been said, the clambake guests from hell, the insufferable Countless, runtelldat Builder Barb and Bethenny's questionable "engagement." 

I also thought Ramona's yellow shoes were fug and inappropriate for a clambake. Luann and Tinsley were the best dressed at that event. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

LuAnn, who I've always thought was pretentious, but cool, seems way off this season. I think being on probation is really messing with her. Being treated harshly is tough for her since I think she wants to believe she is so high class--> having to visit a strict probation officer and doing community service with common people is really messing with her self esteem IMO and I don't think she is at all comfortable in those settings. She seemed absolutely appalled that she had to get permission to leave town, and that her PO was strict with her and didn't want to be her buddy. I think that's why she's trying extra hard to seem really wealthy and important. THat said, I do really like her in general and think she's funny. I would miss her a lot if she were gone-- unlike Carol who was just a biggest sour puss ever and always looked possessed needing exorcism.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

You’ve got to love Dennis and Bethenny's engagement. It's like a 100 night Casper Mattress sleep trial. Seriously, Bethenny said he "proposed" in April. Dennis died in August. It really was like a 100 day trial.

Was it a promise ring? Like he was hoping to reserve her until he was free to officially propose??

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Was it a promise ring? Like he was hoping to reserve her until he was free to officially propose??

Bethenny doesn't describe it this way. She says he proposed and she shows the ring. She says they had a private engagement. Later she says their engagement was on ice. If she had simply said it was a promise ring until he got his house in order, I wouldn't have had an issue.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I thought Sonja looked OK in her THs with the half updo (but no smoky eye) Bardot look. But those photos at the party. Just. No. The comparisons to Donatella Versace are spot-on. That wig is terrible.

I can't add much more to what's already been said, the clambake guests from hell, the insufferable Countless, runtelldat Builder Barb and Bethenny's questionable "engagement." 

I also thought Ramona's yellow shoes were fug and inappropriate for a clambake. Luann and Tinsley were the best dressed at that event. 

Agreed on everything but Tinsley best dressed!  I hated that sweater!

• Love 1

Unless my memory is failing (which is likely) Donatella Versace is really unattractive while Sonja Morgan is a beautiful woman.

As for Bethenny's ring....I don't care if she says it's an engagement ring, a promise ring, a friendship ring or a jelly ring.   Obviously Bethenny and Dennis were in love and now he's gone.   She is entitled to grieve and remember him in her own way.    How she does that is in no way a reflection on Jill Shields who has her own boyfriend.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 16
On 3/21/2019 at 1:33 PM, BravoAddict72 said:

I am so confused right now. I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet, but what did Ramona say about Dennis that shocked everyone? I thought all she said was that he stupid for being  on drugs. And wasn't he? Didn't he die from an overdose? I thoght in the past Bethenny said he had an issue with using. I am hoping to watch the episode tomorrow to get caught up

She said something like he couldn’t be bright because he used drugs (or was an addict).  Which ignores that addiction is a disease, not a choice.  It has nothing to do with intelligence.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

She said something like he couldn’t be bright because he used drugs (or was an addict).  Which ignores that addiction is a disease, not a choice.  It has nothing to do with intelligence.

Not to mention it was just a *unty thing to say.

That would be like someone saying that clearly Mario cheated because Ramona is a shitty *uck.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 13
On 3/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, Rap541 said:

While I am really glad Jill Shields isn't being as petty as fuck, I do question whether she could really could win in the fight over Bethenny's engagement ring. The claim, as I understand it, is that Jill, while legally separated from Dennis, is still his wife and therefore controls his estate, and can claim that a ring he bought and gave to another woman as an engagement ring is still part of his estate because he died before the engagement morphed into marriage. I mean sure, if the point is to be tacky as fuck and a bitter bitter bitch, I could see Jill at least getting some air time for such a lawsuit but really, at the end of the day, she's still the bitter ex who sued her ex's kinda sorta fiancé for an engagement ring because he died before he finalized his divorce from her so she had a legal leg to have her petty revenge on her supposedly beloved husband's potential new partner. Since engagement rings are tricky - she probably wouldn't win because the argument can be made that Bethenny didn't give Dennis a firm no, and or Dennis may very well have told her to keep the ring as a fond remembrance of him, thereby turning it into a gift. Regardless, making such a claim to the ring would probably harm Jill's reputation far more than anything else. 

Before i begin, let me say that the anecdote I'm about to share is not quite the same thing, but the legal analysis could be the same:

Thirty five years ago, I opted to be a surrogate mom for my now late sister and her second husband (she later divorced him and re-married, but that's another show).   At the same time, I was going through a lengthy divorce.  It was suggested strongly to us that we use the same lawyer for the surrogacy agreement as I was using for a divorce from my first husband, which was not yet at an end.

The lawyer was VERY clear that he would not file the documents on the surrogacy until one day past the signed date of the divorce decree because, even though my almost-ex and I were divorcing, had the surrogacy signature occurred prior to the divorce signature, he could have laid claim to the child even though it was clearly not his (this was in 1985).  My almost-ex was a Jason type and, even though he didn't care about the child, if there was something he could do to make my life miserable, he'd be all in for it.  I gave birth to a boy who is now in his thirties and lost his 'real' mother in 2008.  He does understand the relationship between him and me.

My point:  yes, Jill (depending on how the law is written) could lay claim to the ring, since she did not have a formal signed divorce decree from Dennis at the time B received the ring.

• Love 7
On 3/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, ichbin said:

Did anyone else think the way John greeted Dorinda at the party seemed strange?  It didn't feel like someone addressing someone with whom they had a close personal connection.  It seemed like he was greeting a social acquaintance whom he had just run into after a long time.  I thought it was weird.  

For his sake, I hope so. I know John is not everyone's cup of tea, but everyone deserves respect from the person they're in a relationship with. She treats him like a dog and, in that regard, I feel bad for him. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, AnnA said:

Unless my memory is failing (which is likely) Donatella Versace is really unattractive while Sonja Morgan is a beautiful woman.

As for Bethenny's ring....I don't care if she says it's an engagement ring, a promise ring, a friendship ring or a jelly ring.   Obviously Bethenny and David were in love and now he's gone.   She is entitled to grieve and remember him in her own way.    How she does that is in no way a reflection on Jill Shields who has her own boyfriend.

I think you mean Dennis

Unless you meant this David:

tumblr_ovs4g47hKi1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

Or this David:

giphy.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 3/21/2019 at 7:54 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Wasn't he still married when he died?  Beth does not feel the least little bit weird about wearing an engagement ring from a married guy?

Close your legs to married men Bethenny! WTF, gloating about being engaged to a married man? A dead married man. That's bananas. 

On 3/21/2019 at 8:14 AM, BusyOctober said:

I posted about B’s grief and mourning last episode, and I am back at it again after this one. B says she & Dennis were super secretly engaged in April 2018.   Dennis died 8.10.18. Maybe B and Dennis were in their “off again” status July-ish to August while they were “working out” things in the relationship (like finalizing his divorce perhaps?).  This season looks like it kicked off in September, Dennis has been dead for 4-6 weeks at the most.  While wearing the super secret engagement ring, she is discussing how she wants to date again, there’s a guy who’s definitely interested in her (of course he is), and she’s moving on because that’s what Dennis would want.  Yah, that is a normal response of a bereaved fiancé or widow....after several months of mourning, not WEEKS!  Even if they weren’t a couple at the time of his death, it still seems odd to be discussing your next relationship so soon after the funeral.  And if they weren’t a couple then, or she was questioning the status of their relationship, why did she still have the Rock of Gibraltar in her jewelry box? Did she try to give it back, and Dennis told her, “ No, you keep it.  It will be a great cocktail ring/conversation starter/ excuse to weep uncontrollably when you get called out for being a bitch to wear to your filmed events with your frenemies.  And here’s a tiny copy for Brynn in case you need extra ammo in your emotional hostage takeover kit.”

100% THIS

On 3/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Shoot, I deleted the quoted part about Luann breaking your reality tv heard LibSlut I am sorry! My comment is that she did mine, as well. I come to this show to see privilege and behind the curtain. I want to see Luann say "it's always Mrs. Delesseps in front of the driver never Luann" but only when she is rich.  NOT her saying this when she is delirious and in the dregs of the great unwashed like the rest of us. There's a difference. 

On 3/21/2019 at 3:33 PM, BravoAddict72 said:

I just read a story that says they didn't do an autospy for religious reasons so I don't know how they know for sure he overdosed on oxy.

The teency weency deep dark conspiracy theory grassy knoll side of me wants to know if it was a suicide or poisoning due to his friendship with Michael Cohen. Jus' sayin! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, JakeyJokes said:

Well, I’ll be damned.  This very morning, I was going to post that Dennis and Jill haven’t gotten divorced because of financial matters that would unleash certain things about his business, and here you explained it clearly.  Why else wouldn’t they divorce?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

It’s only a matter of time that Ramona will get in big trouble with that stupid big mouth of hers.  I don’t know how she was a business woman.  What is wrong with her, honestly?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think you mean Dennis

Unless you meant this David:

tumblr_ovs4g47hKi1vrjwbvo1_500.gif

Or this David:

giphy.gif

Holy crap!  What a dumbass mistake.   

Thanks for letting me know.   I fixed it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Bethenny doesn't describe it this way. She says he proposed and she shows the ring. She says they had a private engagement. Later she says their engagement was on ice. If she had simply said it was a promise ring until he got his house in order, I wouldn't have had an issue.

Well, here’s one.  Maybe it was glass and Bethenny bought it herself, or, maybe Dennis knew he was going to be investigated by the Feds in 3 weeks, and wanted her to have something from him.  Maybe a lot of things to speculate.  Who knows, and we won’t know.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, here’s one.  Maybe it was glass and Bethenny bought it herself, or, maybe Dennis knew he was going to be investigated by the Feds in 3 weeks, and wanted her to have something from him.  Maybe a lot of things to speculate.  Who knows, and we won’t know.  

Investigated by the feds?   Is there a juicy story here that I missed?

17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I read that up thread somewhere, or maybe on t.v.?  Some said maybe that’s why he overdosed on purpose?  If I find it, I’ll post it.  It makes sense.

• Love 1
On 3/25/2019 at 11:44 AM, AnnA said:

Obviously Bethenny and Dennis were in love

I disagree.  No (sane) woman who is deeply in love with a man goes on a vacation with her new boyfriend -- and her kid - as quickly as Frankel did. (If nothing else, that had to be bizarre for Bryn -- Frankel couldn't wait longer than a few months to put her kid in that positon? AGAIN?)

She replaced Shields faster than day old fish, and I wish Bravo would just remove all her mourning crap from the season. It's creepy watching her cry and sob,  knowing she was already on the lookout for Dennis' replacement. 

That's not the kind of cheesy drama that can be entertaining, imo, or pure fun; it's a narcissistic shitshow.

On 3/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, AnnA said:

His law firm litigation financing firm was investigated by the Feds about three weeks after he died. 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's creepy watching her cry and sob,  knowing she was already on the lookout for Dennis' replacement. 

She's mentioned a couple of times when she's around the other housewives that she might just cry if x, y or z happens while they're all together.  "If so and so shows up, I might just break down...….."   It's just odd to have to announce what you may or may not feel in the next 30 minutes.  I've mentioned before how I used to have a co-worker who would get herself all worked up over personal issues before the morning meeting, then the whole thing turned into a "poor Debbie" session.  It was a  constant need for sympathy.  Bethenny strikes me as that type. It's draining when it's an everyday thing.

• Love 14
On 3/20/2019 at 10:36 PM, Kiki777 said:

Barb The Builder needs a makeover.  Ease up on the makeup, lose the center part and Farrah hair and maybe get some bangs to cover that huge forehead.

She looks like Catherine Bach - Daisy Duke on the Dukes of Hazzard and also recurring role on the Young & the Restless. They could be sisters IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6