Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: It's a Clam Shame

• Start Topic

On 3/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Sonja and some random woman 

I don't think that was a woman. I think it was a man who was indigenous with long hair (hair that I'd throat-punch someone for - it was gorgeous!). The nose + the way that the collar was sitting + the jeans = dude to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, b2H said:

My point:  yes, Jill (depending on how the law is written) could lay claim to the ring, since she did not have a formal signed divorce decree from Dennis at the time B received the ring.

I'm the one who kicked off this conversation. I had an uncle by marriage who was complete garbage. When he died, he was in the process of divorcing his 3rd wife and they'd been divorcing for years. In his will, he insisted on the inclusion of a clause divesting his estranged wife of her statutory share of the estate should he die before the divorce was finalized. His attorney fought tooth and nail with him, but never convinced my uncle to not include the clause. The divorce was not final when he died. His attorney did his due diligence and took the issue to the state family law and estates judicial discipline heads and both sections were like "nope, not a thing." His estranged wife got exactly what the statutes allowed her to get and I'm sure my shitbag uncle was livid in hell. He was garbage and physically abused each of his wives and all of his kids. He hid his assets to avoid child support and alimony in his previous 2 divorces. And in the mindfuck-iest thing of all, he was an Ob-Gyn.

The ring is part of Dennis' estate, but Jill isn't going to ask for it back. Bethenny should donate the appraised value, the resale value (because most diamonds are worth between 10% - 50% of the original price when they're resold), or some amount in between to the charity Jill started in Dennis' name. Bethenny should put the ring away for the near future and continue to grieve in a healthier slightly less performative way.

20 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Close your legs to married men Bethenny! WTF, gloating about being engaged to a married man? A dead married man. That's bananas. 

Your quote couldn't be more apt. I don't know if anyone remembers when a certain lowdown monkey with a wig on was busy crowing about the engagement ring she got from Big Poppa. The difference between Big Poppa and Dennis is that Lee "Big Poppa" Najjar still lived with his wife and kids. He was also pretty brazen in his spending on Kim.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
On 3/21/2019 at 11:54 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

Ramona is a horrible person, and her face just looks so...off... this season. Not a fan of her or Dorinda at all this season.

I honestly asked my kid, "Did she have a stroke? Only one side of her face is moving." Her left nostril (right facing us from the screen) looked smaller and like it was actually up higher than the other one! WTF happened?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

I don't think that was a woman. I think it was a man who was indigenous with long hair (hair that I'd throat-punch someone for - it was gorgeous!). The nose + the way that the collar was sitting + the jeans = dude to me.

She posted the clip on her Insta with the hashtag kissedagirlandilikedit so I don’t know...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

She posted the clip on her Insta with the hashtag kissedagirlandilikedit so I don’t know...

Ah - I don't know, then! Tinsley seemed to be feigning shock at the whole spectacle, so maybe it was a chick. We'll have to wait and see!

• Love 2

Let’s all just be real here.  If anyone other than B was engaged to a man who was still married and died of a drug overdose, she (B) would have more than her share of comments and snipes on the situation.

Also?  A promise ring???  No ma’am, not since high school.  She would tear anyone to shreds who tried to front with a promise ring.  

Wonder where Bryn’s promise ring ended up now that her new weekend daddy has arrived. 

• Love 18
On 3/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, Gem 10 said:

I used to like Dorinda until last season.  No more.  She always thinks she’s right, everyone else is wrong and only her opinion counts.  Besides, she has become nasty.  Plus, she will continue drinking as she won’t admit she has a problem.  I wouldn’t want her for a friend as I would owe her my life.  Her tears don’t move me one bit as she can become mean and turn on you in a split second

• Love 2

OK, I'm always suspicious of Bethenny's motives on the show.  She's manipulative as fuck -- for cam time & to be as entertaining as possible.  When she talked about being engaged to Denniis, I gave her a big stinkeye.  I don't believe that shit for a second.  She made it up for a storyline.

You know, I've been silent about my reaction to Sonja's place cuz I'm mostly over this show now & just about ready to give up on it.  I'm kinda waiting for Jillzy to show up, to see if she can reinvigorate this tired mess.  Anyhoo, Sonja's place makes me smile cuz it's so meh.  She has a kinda nice view, but that's about it.  It's the same bland box-in-the-sky many of us in Manhattan live in (ahem, Moaner, Dorinda & Lu -- uh, that is, when Lu takes those odd short-term leases for joints in Manhattan).  What made Sonja unique was her crumbling townhouse.  Now she's dull as fuck & I couldn't care less about her dumb wacko shit.

What is it with Moaner pointing out in a mocking & derisive way how women are too "masculine" to her?  She has done it countless times about Lu.  And now Barb?  I don't like it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

Ramona's dismissal of Dennis being smart because he used drugs was pretty hateful, and Ramona can be very hateful and mean to people and loves to call out people's flaws. And she lies a lot. These are not the best characteristics clearly. Having said that, she is also funny as all hell, especially when she feels insecure. The lobsters, and that weird slow approach toward the table was really funny. More funny was Bethanny's impression afterwards, but I wouldn't have had that laugh without Ramona doing something out there. I also think  it's funny how Luanne scoffs at her and lambastes her for various reasons right to her face, and Ramona just smiles sweetly and brushes it off with some random explanation. She's also silly and fun and has these hysterical quirks, like when gets out her pool noodle, or insisted on having that motorized wheelchair last season when she broke her foot. Or when she meets her friends for dinner and then leaves right away to get a drink at the bar. Or when she goes to a party she isn't invited to but laments, very sincerely, that they can't kick her out because she is bring two bottles of wine. 

Luanne is also super funny-- when she was going off on her text from Dorinda that quoted Tyler Perry, and she's like mocking how deep it is. Gosh, that was some funny stuff. Personally, I think these ladies have enough personality to carry the show without Bethanny. The reason the show sucked when Bethanny was gone wasn't because of lack of Bethanny, but just really bad new cast members. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Ah - I don't know, then! Tinsley seemed to be feigning shock at the whole spectacle, so maybe it was a chick. We'll have to wait and see!

I'm thinking it was someone gender non-binary or trans.

• Love 1

LuAnn was just terrible this episode.  After thinking all the humiliation she has gone through would knock her down off her high horse, it did just the opposite.  She seems worse this season than she did in her early seasons.  Remember when she ordered a pizza and insisted on giving the name Countess De Lesseps to the kid on the phone.  The way she looked at Bethenny’s ring looked like jealousy which is weird considering Dennis is dead.  It was much bigger than hers from Tom.  As Sonja said, it was a murky yellow diamond.

I don’t think we will ever know if Dennis was abusing the pain killers on a regular basis or if he just took an overabundance of pills that night.  We heard that he had some orthopedic issues that caused him chronic pain.  I don’t think it’s fair to call him a drug addict because only his loved ones know.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, film noire said:

I disagree.  No (sane) woman who is deeply in love with a man goes on a vacation with her new boyfriend -- and her kid - as quickly as Frankel did. (If nothing else, that had to be bizarre for Bryn -- Frankel couldn't wait longer than a few months to put her kid in that positon? AGAIN?)

She replaced Shields faster than day old fish, and I wish Bravo would just remove all her mourning crap from the season. It's creepy watching her cry and sob,  knowing she was already on the lookout for Dennis' replacement. 

That's not the kind of cheesy drama that can be entertaining, imo, or pure fun; it's a narcissistic shitshow.

His law firm was investigated by the Feds about three weeks after he died. 

Is that true? She introduced Bryn to yet another one of her boyfriends, in the early stages?

Isn’t that Divorce 101, don’t introduce your child to a new love interest until you know for sure he/she will be in your life for a substantial amount of time?

Again, poor Bryn.

Bryn’s relationship with Beth will be much worse than Beth’s relationship with Bernadette. 

• Love 2

KFB's fantasy re-play.

Ramona empties the Tate's Bakery bag to fill with lobster.

Ramona is a considerate guest and opens the bakery box and serves Apple Crumb Pie to Barbara's party.

With the first piece going to the Pest of Honor

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

LuAnn was just terrible this episode.  After thinking all the humiliation she has gone through would knock her down off her high horse, it did just the opposite.  She seems worse this season than she did in her early seasons.  Remember when she ordered a pizza and insisted on giving the name Countess De Lesseps to the kid on the phone.  The way she looked at Bethenny’s ring looked like jealousy which is weird considering Dennis is dead.  It was much bigger than hers from Tom.  As Sonja said, it was a murky yellow diamond.

I don’t think we will ever know if Dennis was abusing the pain killers on a regular basis or if he just took an overabundance of pills that night.  We heard that he had some orthopedic issues that caused him chronic pain.  I don’t think it’s fair to call him a drug addict because only his loved ones know.

I saw the special on Lu after her divorce with Tom and they took you through her life from childhood to present. She's had a lot of adventures and you wonder how she managed to find herself in the right place, right time so often. There's an element of survival to Lu...we've seen her knocked down quite a few times on this show alone and she somehow perseveres and each time, you think getting knocked down would teach her some humility (and it does, but it doesn't seem to last very long). When Lu manages to pick herself back up, it's like she needs to constantly remind the world, maybe out of fear that she'll be remembered for the bad stuff...but she just becomes memorable for how unbearable she acts at times. Act like you've been there before Lu. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is that true? She introduced Bryn to yet another one of her boyfriends, in the early stages?

Isn’t that Divorce 101, don’t introduce your child to a new love interest until you know for sure he/she will be in your life for a substantial amount of time?

Again, poor Bryn.

Bryn’s relationship with Beth will be much worse than Beth’s relationship with Bernadette. 

I agree on this!  I'm a widow and I am dating my high school crush for about a year (with a small break in between) and I still haven't introduced him to my 17 year-old daughter. She knows of him and supports the relationship but I have purposefully kept my relationships separate because I don't want her getting attached to someone or think of him as a father figure! 

• Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, smores said:

I would definitely talk to your dr.  Also do your research.  I don't know a lot about CBD oil, but I have read that it's pretty much unregulated and many of the various ones have been tested and not all of them contain what they have been advertised to contain.  So it's definitely a thing where you want to be very careful what you are buying and where you are getting it from.

Truth! I have a friend who used CBD oil in Oregon. Or it claimed to be CBD oil - she bought it in a legit shop. It almost killed her - she crashed, died, and was revived. Happened super fast. Turns out it was synthetic CBD oil. So that's terrifying. 

• Useful 3
On 3/22/2019 at 9:06 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:
On 3/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, Mondrianyone said:

For anybody who thought Sonja's lacy cover-up was cute (and I did, but also oddly familiar), I can possibly save you about $73 and change off the Sonja Morgan Original price.

I spend too much time on eBay.

All yours for $6.19, with free shipping. 

image.png.94235f6174b36945d9e0225ba5f3e443.png

(This is the same dress, yes?)

Read more  

Same, but better. Sonja’s team knocked it off, most likely.

I didn't see this (so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone) but you can get most of Sonja's stuff on Amazon, Ali Express, or sometimes Target for a fraction of the price.

16 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Truth! I have a friend who used CBD oil in Oregon. Or it claimed to be CBD oil - she bought it in a legit shop. It almost killed her - she crashed, died, and was revived. Happened super fast. Turns out it was synthetic CBD oil. So that's terrifying. 

Must have been anaphylaxis. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I didn't see this (so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone) but you can get most of Sonja's stuff on Amazon, Ali Express, or sometimes Target for a fraction of the price.

I think calling it "Sonja's stuff" is where the truth goes poof.  It looks like Sonja is buying product super cheap from China, Vietnam, wherever, marking it up 1,000% or more, and reselling it as her "designer" collection.  It beats actually working for a living.

• Love 5
On 3/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, film noire said:

If she's mourning one man -- while wearing his engagement ring -- it's bizarre to me she would already be on the hunt for a guy (and again, bringing it up on the show).

She said she had been talking with the new guy for months, which would've been while she was playing the engagement game with Dennis. Of course, she just had to get it on camera that not one, but two men were yearning for her.

All the rings, the private engagement party, the conflicting stories - there's only Frankeliar's word for any of it.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:27 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

What made Sonja unique was her crumbling townhouse.  Now she's dull as fuck & I couldn't care less about her dumb wacko shit.

I'm kind of missing her townhouse, too; it was almost like another character on the show. (Still love Sonja, though.)

On 3/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, bravofan27 said:

I'm thinking it was someone gender non-binary or trans.

That's certainly a possibility. Not even going to lie - I Zapruder'd the shit out of that preview clip, and decided it was a female. As was said, we'll know in a few hours. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I wonder who is buying the stuff from Sonja’s company. This “business” is not sustainable, is it?

• Love 1

I actually just got around to watching Sonja on WWHL, and I have to say...I don't get or like Sonja, never have.  I think if Bethenny has a strange relationship with the truth, Sonja has a strange relationship with reality, and I don't find that funny; I find that disconcerting and annoying.  What did P.Diddy say about her, "baby girl is confused"? Touché.

I don't think I'd be able to stand Sonja in real life the way I would possibly be able to stand Bethenny.  A little bit of whimsy can be charming, a la Tinsley, but not to this extent.  On WWHL, she was loud and raucous and shouting over the other guest to the point where it was very unpleasant, yet she claimed she only drinks bitters and soda, yet she took a shot off the shot ski.  I would rather hang out with Luann and Dorinda (drunk or sober) than Sonja when she gets in that wacky state.  Now I see why Bethenny and Heather (and Dorinda, and Aviva...) separately, and in different seasons, lost their shit on her.  

Possibly the only times I liked Sonja was when she had Cindi Barshop over for tea and lectured her about the pecking order, because I haaaated Cindi, and I loved how pissed off it made her.  Sonja also made a WWHL appearance with Teresa Guidice about a year or two ago, and Sonja just sat there, saying almost nothing, very poised and pleasant.  She was probably pretending to forget that Teresa called Sonja a whore in her guest blog in season three and was keeping it cordial.  So I guess the only time I like Sonja is when she is facing down an adversary, as I find it's the only time she is subdued enough for me to stomach.

Otherwise, I can't really stand her and i find her completely immature and annoying.  Yes, she is "harmless," but if she can't discern what is real and what is not, I would have absolutely no patience for her hijinks.  

• Love 2

@For Cereals, is that the party where Sonja had an opera singer and Alex gave that pretentious TH about having to hold herself back from singing along?  The one where the women retreated upstairs to give Luann the 411 about Scary Island, and Sonja reminded them that they had to go back downstairs because they weren't the only ones at the party?  

If it's that, yeahhhhh, see I didn't even like her back then.  She seemed like she was always about to break into laughter, and it grated on me.  

If it's something earlier, please remind me!

Just watched the clam episode again.  Boy, Luann is really getting full of herself.  It wasn’t her clambake, her food and her business on who to invite or not to invite.  If the guests staying at Ramona’s house were only going to Barbara’s for only one half hour and take home food for Dorinda, they shouldn’t have gone at all.  They went to the party, should have stayed longer, not baby Luann, and not bring Dorinda anything.  She ate spaghetti anyhow.  Dorinda didn’t want to go, so don’t bring her food.  Both Luann and Dorinda are expecting too much.  Barbara should butt out.  That was so tacky.  Barbara seems like a good person, but she is not Luann’s keeper.  It’s too much already.  Barbara will get her kick in her ass from Luann.  It’s only a matter of time.  Now,Luann is saying on stage “maybe Dorinda ripped one of my dresses”.  She’s getting out of hand.  Last year, she was a jailbird.  Now, she’s a big star?  How quick we forget.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

not bring Dorinda anything.  

But Barbara wanted people to bring things home. Even before people got there she was mentioning that she ordered way too much food and she was the first to mention them taking stuff. As for staying longer with Lu demanding that Ro rehash an argument and Barbara defending Lu they stayed long enough to do their job and to make sure Barbara’s clambake got on the show. 90% of those scenes were them bitching about who would show up and than bitching about how they left who knows what they would have talked about if they didn’t show!

• Love 1
On 3/26/2019 at 9:09 AM, Emmeline said:

Thank you, Emmaline, that made me laugh out loud!  ( I must have missed that episode, but it's making me laugh trying to picture it.) 

That woman has no shame.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/20/2019 at 9:36 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Is Bethany wearing a Gucci backpack while handing out gift cards? 

Right? And I know I shouldn't say this, but there is something so embarrassing about watching her clomp around to people who have possibly lost everything they ever owned saying, "Heze a hunnit dollaz! Buy whutever ya waunt!" ...whilst being filmed. I don't know. I just found it gauche. Sorry. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, ichbin said:

Did anyone else think the way John greeted Dorinda at the party seemed strange?  It didn't feel like someone addressing someone with whom they had a close personal connection.  It seemed like he was greeting a social acquaintance whom he had just run into after a long time.  I thought it was weird.  

Yes! I just rewatched the episode - he walks in and she most certainly does not great him like he's her significant other. She says something like "It's nice to see you!" - who says that to their partner? I mean, it was in a very platonic manner. Maybe they're just friends now - with show benefits...

• Love 1

Another thought - When I saw BF handing out the gift cards I had no clue the brand of her backpack. It's pretty understated and I suspect if the folks she was handing out the GC's to were mostly disadvantaged - besides not even looking at her backpack that close, they'd not recognize it as a designer bag... And all that said - I'm not disadvantaged, I make a decent living, and as I said - I had no clue really it was designer outside of reading about it on these boards.... I guess if she sashayed in with an entourage, sporting "red bottom" shoes, made up to the hilt, and obviously branded clothing, it might be tacky, but still - she's helping folks out. I would hope they'd focus on that...

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:04 AM, Barbara Please said:

Barbara was more likeable this episode. She still needs a make-under tho. The  food at the clambake looked awesome, but at the same time it looked awkward to be eating clams out of those tiny bowls. 

Tinsley can be so likeable. She is a generous person, a gracious guest, and a sincere friend.  However, she's annoying when she breaks into the high-pitched squealing, or babyish infantile behaviour that we've seen in the past with  Scott, or with her Mom. 

Dorinda is Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde. She goes from kind, normal, supportive, to angry shouting HULK-smashing lunatic very quickly. I wonder if she's on a mood stabilizer and mixes it with booze. I use to like Dorinda, but she definitely needs  help with whatever is going on with her.

Bethenny looked pretty at Sonja's party. She looks softer with her hair curled, and lighter eye-make up. I'm always go from liking Bethenny to the opposite all within an episode. She really can do the right thing but at the same time come across really disingenuous. 

Sonja cracks me up. The lime in the mouth...wanting to put lobster in her dress...the funny facial expressions, and eye rolling.  She really makes me laugh. She's a free-spirit, and doesn't seem to want to hurt anyone. However, I'm not that crazy about her Paper Magazine spread. She looked like Donatella Versace.. That wig was very cheap looking and thought she looked better with the longer hair extensions. 

Oh Lu. Her head is so far up her own ass right now. She has no humility, and while it is great to 'toot one's horn' she needs to step back, and really look at her actions lately. It's not a good look. 

Ramona is a bitch. Yep. Can't stand her. 

All I could see was Kim D.  

• Love 1