Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the overabundance of love and get well mentions for Whoopi from the panel today?  Anyone else think that the producers or social media watchers on The View team are reading here and other places (FB, etc.) that Whoopi isn't exactly missed by the public?  😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was wondering if anyone else noticed the overabundance of love and get well mentions for Whoopi from the panel today?  Anyone else think that the producers or social media watchers on The View team are reading here and other places (FB, etc.) that Whoopi isn't exactly missed by the public?  😂

I noticed when they mentioned the conspiracy theories. Someone is reading here I think .

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I noticed when they mentioned the conspiracy theories. Someone is reading here I think .

Joy said Twitter was buzzing with conspiracy theories.  I don’t think TV people read boards. It is easy to scan Twitter quickly and that is not true here.  We use too many words! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
46 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

This was just another lame attempt of Meghan's to up her popularity, and to prove, either to herself or the public that she is a "cool girl".  The blatant invitation begging, the whole "YAASSSSSS" as they sat down - she's trying so desperately to prove that she is a cool chick and not a stick-up-her-ass, overly-impressed with herself, snotty, spoiled bitch.  

I agree. I really think her end-goal is to be known as the cool, hip Republican chick who watches Real Housewives and listens to Cardi B and Nicki Minaj. People who don't regularly watch 'The View' may fall for it when they see her as a guest on other shows, but we know better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
32 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Nutmeg proves, once again, that she's an equal opportunity asshole - to Andrew McCabe and then to Tulsi Gabbard. What a rude, ignorant bitch.

I literally laughed out loud and had to replay the day she thought she filetted Sen. Dick Durbin... how embarrassing for her and anyone that lives her!  Speaking via satellite with her lazer beam glare and then making her point (non point) and sipping out of her coffee cup with a smug slam dunk look on her face..... it didn’t phase him a bit 😂😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Why is Meghan so obsessed with AOC? I almost want AOC to come on the show, because I have a feeling that Meghan will call in a sick day and not be there for the interview.

I think the total opposite. Meghan would be counting down the days so she could be the one to put AOC in her place and get her with a gotcha .  And we all know how that would turn out

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

These interviews with politicians are certainly not one of the show's strengths.  They never really seem to go too well.  Kind of clumsy and awkward.  Usually it starts with a nice set up from Joy or Whoopi which allows the interviewee to settle in and say something. 

And then , if the guest is not Republican, 3-2-1... the attempted Gotcha moment from Meghan.... which always turns out to be a giant fail on her part, and then a couple of softball questions are usually tossed in by Sunny & Abby to help fill in the awkwardness left over by Meghan's stupid question. 

At least Ana got in some substantive back and forth today.

There's going to be plenty more of these on the way, folks.  Sigh.

And yes, Meghan was very taken aback by Ana mentioning her texting with the Congresswoman.  The concept of having a dialogue with someone from the other team is so foreign to her. 

Not a fan of Tulsi, but Ana's way of talking to her is the only way to have a discussion of differences. Meghan is always rude, sighs, wobbles her head, and looks to the audience for affirmation. Someone should have told her that her face will freeze in her scowl if she keeps it up. Bless this group for helping with my sanity when I yell at the TV. Sick of Meghan's entire being.

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I agree. I really think her end-goal is to be known as the cool, hip Republican chick who watches Real Housewives and listens to Cardi B and Nicki Minaj. People who don't regularly watch 'The View' may fall for it when they see her as a guest on other shows, but we know better.

And has guns, do not forget the guns. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Is it my tv,or does meghan's kelly green skirt clash horribly with her pink/purple/black chiffon blouse?

No that blouse and skirt did not go together at all.

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

How dare she have friends who aren't Conservatives. And to actually text them and have discussions?! The horror! - Meghan, probably

The camera came back to Meghan a second time after she showed disbelief that yes Republicans and Democrats can actually be friendly and have debates about policy without it turning into a death match.  So does the cameraman have orders to focus on Meghan whenever she talks?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is obsessed with AOC. She is everything that she fears and hates.  

And everything she wishes she was.  It must kill Meghan that a woman who "hasn't been politics her whole life" is someone who is relevant and in a position to do well in politics.  You just know Meghan is thinking why her and not me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The camera came back to Meghan a second time after she showed disbelief that yes Republicans and Democrats can actually be friendly ...

My take was that Meghan was jealous of someone who has friends/acquaintances that willingly text them.

I can't imagine many people being happy to get a text from sourpuss Meghan.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Is it my tv,or does meghan's kelly green skirt clash horribly with her pink/purple/black chiffon blouse?

I don't think it's just your TV.

Ps. I don’t miss Whoopi at all!  

rps20190220_125935.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Grundoon59 said:

I may have missed it but I assumed Meghan would have mentioned that her father was a clue on Jeopardy last night.  Maybe she doesn't watch?

She didn't see it- she was speaking at Vanderbilt! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, fishsanwitt said:

Nutmeg proves, once again, that she's an equal opportunity asshole - to Andrew McCabe and then to Tulsi Gabbard. What a rude, ignorant bitch.

I turned the channel at that point.  I just can not.

38 minutes ago, mongoose said:

Someone should have told her that her face will freeze in her scowl if she keeps it up

Mom?  Is that you?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

The republicans have a strategy, they would LOVE Bernie to be the dem candidate, and Meghan (and Abby)  are just reiterating the words they were given to say.

He can't be on the Dem ticket this time since the Dems have changed their by-laws and anyone on the ticket MUST be a registered Dem.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

It's been said before that she has no idea that people can have something else that identifies themselves other than their political affiliation.  I would imagine that every time she meets someone, after the introduction, she must ask "Republican or Democrat" - that is, if she hadn't already googled that information first.  It's so sad that she cannot get past that and learn to be open to everyone.  

This was just another lame attempt of Meghan's to up her popularity, and to prove, either to herself or the public that she is a "cool girl".  The blatant invitation begging, the whole "YAASSSSSS" as they sat down - she's trying so desperately to prove that she is a cool chick and not a stick-up-her-ass, overly-impressed with herself, snotty, spoiled bitch.  

In what world would Meghan be a huge fan of Desus and Mero? In no world. If she has really listened or watched their show I'd be shocked. Not for one second do I believe she is a huge fan. Nope nope nope! This woman has no sense of humor,  the Bodega Boys humor does not lean to stuck in the mud entitled framed flags in every room war hawk heiress,  just saying. 

Meghan is so humorless, she actually said what??? When  Abby jokingly said to D&M "we ne never talk politics at this table. " 

Gabbard's chuckle at idiot Meghan cracked me up. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

He can't be on the Dem ticket this time since the Dems have changed their by-laws and anyone on the ticket MUST be a registered Dem.  

Right. To run in the dem primary, he would have to agree to run and if elected, serve as a Democrat.  Meghan and Abby are singing his praises because if Bernie is the nominee, we will have 4 more years of a GOP presidency 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

At the time I thought she was shocked that you discuss these important issues via text?!  But you’re right she was probably shocked a Democrat and Republican can discuss issues without hostility. 

MM just ramps up her rudness to guests every day.  She interrupts and demanded answer my question! 

She said everything I love is being destroyed by PC politics — oh like a football player using his right to protest by knelling   Talks out of both sides of her mouth  

I didn’t read or hear anything  recently about the other thing she “ loved” .... the cowboy movies ( she had to be told John Wayne ) who said he believed in white supremacy saying  blacks can’t be given positions of leadership (  irresponsible people )and Indians were selfish for not giving up their land. Homophobic in addition  I recall the public acted like he was a war hero and the most patriotic guy ever. Yeah he was and is politicaly incorrect to put it mildly in my book  

I cant get worked up about it but NEVER held him high regard because of all his views. 

I was separating donations for the homeless yesterday and Abby’s sweater in black in white was a donation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Right. To run in the dem primary, he would have to agree to run and if elected, serve as a Democrat.  Meghan and Abby are singing his praises because if Bernie is the nominee, we will have 4 more years of a GOP presidency 

Abby and Meghan both are so transparent.  If either one of them says something nice about a Democrat I instantly discount it as fake news.

1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

I didn’t read or hear anything  recently about the other thing she “ loved” .... the cowboy movies ( she had to be told John Wayne ) who said he believed in white supremacy saying  blacks can’t be given positions of leadership (  irresponsible people )and Indians were selfish for not giving up their land. Homophobic in addition  I recall the public acted like he was a war hero and the most patriotic guy ever. Yeah he was and is politicaly incorrect to put it mildly in my book  

I cant get worked up about it but NEVER held him high regard because of all his views. 

i wish they had talked about John Wayne. He was not a nice guy.  In today's Hollywood he wouldn't get away with talking the way he did back in the day.

• Love 23
11 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

The cognitive dissonance in Meghan must've been great today. Here's someone who served in the military. "Oh, but they're saying things I disagree with!"

I thought about that.  A veteran she doesn't hold in such  high esteem.

And Ana texts with her.  Meghan's brain was probably "This does not compute".

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

NutMeg thanks Gabbard for her service, then explains to her that she thanks all military people for their service, then says, "having said that", and goes in for the Gotcha question.  So then don't thank her for her military service, if you are going to demean her while doing so.

NutMeg is appalled that Joy assumes the Ranch Dressing woman must be a Republican and concludes that Joy thinks so because she was there for a bible study meeting, and Joy counters that she figured she was a repub because the woman was uninterested in KG.  Abby says all people who love Ranch must be Repubs.

When Tulsi actually answered Nutmeg's gotcha questioned she clarified her entire stance on being against military intervention around regime change.  NutMeg interrupted her to say, but he's gassing children.  So she didn't want to actually hear Tulsi's stance.

Nutmeg's reaction to hear that Ana is texting with Tulsi had to be centred on "how could you?" text with such a horrible person.  But Ana's reaction was hilarious, "people text, right?"

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, SuzieSioux said:

The cognitive dissonance in Meghan must've been great today. Here's someone who served in the military. "Oh, but they're saying things I disagree with!"

Only Republican Veterans matter in Megan's little brain. What a dolt! why is she allowed to be so rude to people she disagrees with, it just boggles my mind. 

Abby has been trying to do gotcha questions too and failed mightily. She was expecting Gabbard to say that she wants to get rid of private insurances, when she did not do that, she was stunned and had a stupid look in her face.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18

Her reaction to texting really was bizarre. The head shaking and eye rolling. I often send articles to friends via text or message app and vice versa. It’s easier than remembering to bring it up the next time we’re talking. 

I’ve lived in Europe on and off and all 4 of my grandparents were born and raised there so I fail to see a) why Abby thinks healthcare is just a fantasy for bleeding hearts when every other developed country had some form of universal healthcare and b) why she had to ask if she’d still be allowed private healthcare. Apart from it suggesting democrats are authoritarian communinists who’ll snatch your health plan away, it’s so out of touch. So many of us can’t afford adequate cover or any cover and Abby is only concerned she won’t be able to buy her top of the line gold plated coverage. Grrr. Almost as blood boiling as her bragging about living in a genetrified area. That stung because my parents were raised there but our family was priced out long ago. 

And the way they are talking about Whoopi’s illness is strange and they are contributing to the conspiracy theories. Even today’s segment meant to clear up any misunderstands left me thinking there’s more to this! Not sure if it’s the tone, the long pauses, Joy’s body language?  I can’t put my finger on it but something is off. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

In what world would Meghan be a huge fan of Desus and Mero? In no world. If she has really listened or watched their show I'd be shocked. Not for one second do I believe she is a huge fan. Nope nope nope! This woman has no sense of humor,  the Bodega Boys humor does not lean to stuck in the mud entitled framed flags in every room war hawk heiress,  just saying. 

Meghan is so humorless, she actually said what??? When  Abby jokingly said to D&M "we never talk politics at this table. " 

Gabbard's chuckle at idiot Meghan cracked me up. 

I'd bet a million dollars she'd never heard of them until she received whatever liner note from production saying they were guests today, nor has she ever Googled them, because then she would have seen that they have talked about her father on their old show (not favorably) and have talked A LOT about the current administration (also not favorably). I LOVED Desus's answer to her about having more Republicans on the show..."How many Republicans have reached out to us to be on the show?" It was a true illustration of how out of touch that party is with "regular" people. I also loved their cracks on Howard Schultz running for president, with the two little rich girls at the table! "You're rich, buy a Starbucks or a Versace store, there's better things to do with your money!" I do have to say that I do like Abby in situations like this. She says stupid "tow the party line" shit but she can turn it off and have fun with non-political guests. You can also see Nutmeg SEETHING about AOC being their first Showtime guest and them being proud of her come up because they know her personally, before she became a household name.

I honestly would be curious to see Megs on their show. Anyone who has seen the Bodega Boys in action knows not to be deterred by the jokes and the NYC swag...those dudes are wicked smart, well read and research the hell out of each topic they talk about. McCain is not smart enough to keep up with them and they would not kiss her ass under any circumstances. I'd ALMOST feel sorry about the takedown.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

i wish they had talked about John Wayne. He was not a nice guy.  In today's Hollywood he wouldn't get away with talking the way he did back in the day.

I wished they had too.  Because MM sounded like she was implying that what John Wayne said was a product of times and therefore OK or should be judged differently.   The story about his 1971 Playboy interview was controversial at that time.  And the things he said were never appropriate opinions to voice to the public.  And it definitely was not in 1971.  

• Love 14
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

The producers are on twitter squashing rumors that WG is hosting the Oscars. They get their info from here. They listen only when it’s beneficial to them. Ain’t nobody want a pissed off Whoopi. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The camera came back to Meghan a second time after she showed disbelief that yes Republicans and Democrats can actually be friendly and have debates about policy without it turning into a death match.  So does the cameraman have orders to focus on Meghan whenever she talks?

There are camera on each of them the entire time. The director in control booth says who to and what goes on tv. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Today was the first day that I heard Tulsi speak and I was impressed by her on the show. Now that I've read about her other views, I kind of wish the View did a better job interviewing her. I don't expect much, but it seems like the only things they pushed against her is foreign policy and free healthcare. She apparently voted to help dismantle parts of Obamacare and she apparently likes guns. She has some views regarding the LGBT as well that should have been discussed. She also seems like she's super religious, so a question about abortion would have been good too.

She has some progressive leanings, but she also seems like a moderate in other parts. Abby and Meghan keep asking about a more moderate/centrist Democrat and Tulsi does have some leanings on that side.

There's still a lot that I don't know about her, (to be honest, I'm not really going to look up anymore lol) but a quick google search helped finding some questions that the View should have asked about.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SPinCA said:

I’ve lived in Europe on and off and all 4 of my grandparents were born and raised there so I fail to see a) why Abby thinks healthcare is just a fantasy for bleeding hearts when every other developed country had some form of universal healthcare and b) why she had to ask if she’d still be allowed private healthcare. Apart from it suggesting democrats are authoritarian communinists who’ll snatch your health plan away, it’s so out of touch. So many of us can’t afford adequate cover or any cover and Abby is only concerned she won’t be able to buy her top of the line gold plated coverage. Grrr. Almost as blood boiling as her bragging about living in a genetrified area. That stung because my parents were raised there but our family was priced out long ago. 

Abby's privilege is showing more and more. It's like she thinks if things become more equal for everyone she loses something.

• Love 18
19 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Anyway -  Jussie Smollett's story was believable until he said his attackers said "this is MAGA country".   I don't know where anyone has been that people will say that, but CHICAGO?  Not likely. 

This morning his atty announced that he would not be speaking further with police and this afternoon it became official - Chicago PD announced that he is A Suspect In A Case Of Filing A False Police Report.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought about that.  A veteran she doesn't hold in such  high esteem.

And Ana texts with her.  Meghan's brain was probably "This does not compute".

Because its a veteran who doesn't agree with her views, so its okay for her (in her mind) to cut her down.  Especially the fact that Tulsi's platform is being anti-war (specifically against regime change wars), which is the complete opposite of her father making jokes about bombing Iran.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Today was the first day that I heard Tulsi speak and I was impressed by her on the show. Now that I've read about her other views, I kind of wish the View did a better job interviewing her. I don't expect much, but it seems like the only things they pushed against her is foreign policy and free healthcare.

Sunny seems to follow two different tactics in interviews. If she likes the guest, but knows the Daughters will most likely tag-team them, she'll introduce the most controversial topic herself first instead of allowing McCain to spew and spin as much misinformation as possible before the person even has a chance to say anything in response.

The other tactic, on display today, is that she'll set the person up to hang themselves like Gabbard did here. Sunny probably knew, too, that McCain being McCain would just escalate it from where Sunny left off because Gabbard has a D beside her name (despite being Alt Right in truth, imo). So Gabbard gets knifed without Sunny having to do it directly, lol.

Sunny isn't perfect, but she's a smart woman and definitely the most valuable person on the show whereas Joy is the most likable and entertaining, imo. Joy probably didn't go hard after Gabbard because she doesn't know much about her.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Have they had Tammy Duckworth on?

That would be an interesting interview.

• Love 9

Can I just say I DIDN'T MISS WHOOPIE AT ALL....this show has been so wonderful....well, it's been bearable....yes yes yes....that stuff she has contracted is catching as hell and she needs to be at home. I had a friend get it last year and she was bed ridden for over a month after getting out of the hospital, and she is Whoopie's age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, seltzer3 said:

Especially the fact that Tulsi's platform is being anti-war (specifically against regime change wars), which is the complete opposite of her father making jokes about bombing Iran.

She's a proudly self-identified hawk.  Perhaps it doesn't matter whom we engage in wars...we just need WARS to satisfy our hawks.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CheezyXpressed said:

There's still a lot that I don't know about her, (to be honest, I'm not really going to look up anymore lol) but a quick google search helped finding some questions that the View should have asked about.

I knew almost nothing about her and today's interview did her a BIG favor.  She's articulate, sensible, and calm...even when Ms. Gotcha tried the burn with her best squint-eye.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I didn't like the odd patterns (together) on Sunny's dress, but the cut and style are what Meghan should be leaning toward.  Loose, flowy, "omm-peer" style.  Maybe Princess's husband loves her to look like a floral sausage.   (I liked hearing the various pronunciations of Empire on the fashion shows; especially "Umpire."

I don’t miss Whoopi at all! 

Edited by HaaCHOO
I don’t miss Whoopi at all!
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I fail to see a) why Abby thinks healthcare is just a fantasy for bleeding hearts when every other developed country had some form of universal healthcare and b) why she had to ask if she’d still be allowed private healthcare.

Because she's an idiot!   Another pampered rich girl who doesn't know how most Americans live...get by...struggle, cope, etc.

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Again Abby was assigned the universal health care question. I guess because she's pregnant the producers think this rich, entitled princess is more in tune with health care issues?

Or because she gave a mistaken impression that she was a kind and compassionate human being?   Oh, wait...partisan politics Trump everything.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I knew almost nothing about her and today's interview did her a BIG favor.  She's articulate, sensible, and calm...even when Ms. Gotcha tried the burn with her best squint-eye.

I agree. I thought her interview on the View was great for her PR and made me question why she is getting so much hate. I still agree with her foreign policy and I think free health care is a must (I'm Canadian, so free health care is just the norm for me) but after a quick google search I feel like the interview could have more than what we got.

This might come as a shock, but it almost feels like the panelists didn't do enough homework before the interview started and just relied on their 4am guy.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

At the time I thought she was shocked that you discuss these important issues via text?!  But you’re right she was probably shocked a Democrat and Republican can discuss issues without hostility. 

MM just ramps up her rudness to guests every day.  She interrupts and demanded answer my question! 

She said everything I love is being destroyed by PC politics — oh like a football player using his right to protest by knelling   Talks out of both sides of her mouth  

I was separating donations for the homeless yesterday and Abby’s sweater in black in white was a donation. 

She's pretending she's on a Congressional committee.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5