Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jaded

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Recommended Posts

Monday, February 18
Mary J. Blige (“The Umbrella Academy”); Michael Strahan & former “The View” co-host Sara Haines (ABC’s “Strahan & Sara”); a performance by the cast of Broadway’s “Beautiful

Tuesday, February 19
The Political View with Andrew McCabe (“The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, February 20
Desus Nice & The Kid Mero (“Desus & Mero”)

Thursday, February 21
Day of Hot Topics

Friday, February 22
A performance by Bobby Brown, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins & Ronnie DeVoe (“RBRM”)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Omg, soooo coming out of my watching hiatus to see the Bodega Boys on Wednesday, I adore them and can’t wait for their new show! I actually hope Whoopi is back for them, they interviewed her on their old Viceland show, it will be interesting to see her interview them, and how their BX style will translate onto the stuffiness of the View 😁 also wondering if they’ll let Abby and Meghan sit in on the segment, they pull no punches, that’s for sure!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love Desus and Mero too!!!!

So sad they moved from Desus to Showtime cuz I miss them. 

They're hilarious and real,  unlike alot of talk show hosts, ahem, MM. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone get your earplugs ready for Tuesday or you'll need a hearing aid for the rest of the week, unless they ship McCain to hospital post-meltdown this time.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Jaded said:

Wednesday, February 20
Desus Nice & The Kid Mero (“Desus & Mero”)

I was expecting a boring week, but I'm excited about Wednesday. Desus & Mero are fantastic, so let's all hope they get two segments and they're allowed to talk about politics along with their new show.

...knowing the View they'll get a quick 3 minute segment, but I'll keep hoping for more!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Jaded said:


Tuesday, February 19
The Political View with Andrew McCabe (“The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump”);

well, after the 60 minutes interview, this could be pretty interesting. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Everyone get your earplugs ready for Tuesday or you'll need a hearing aid for the rest of the week, unless they ship McCain to hospital post-meltdown this time.

She's sharpening her filleting knife as we speak.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She's sharpening her filleting knife as we speak.

She will be squinting up a storm.  I really think she thinks her eyes have death rays.  

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

I'm super excited to see The Bodega Boys on Wednesday!

I foresee someone having an epic meltdown on Tuesday though...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, right. Today was the latest Joy/Meg kerfuffle. Let’s see what made it to the tape!  

Meg's misused word of the day -- cacophony 

Well, show is almost over and no arguing or tantrums. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

View is celebrating Presdents Day (see corner of screen)
(One would think an on screen graphic would be checked for spelling errors)

Edited by springtime · Reason: Clarification

Share this post


Link to post

MM misused the word cacophony during that commercial with all those male athletes.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MM misused the word cacophony during that commercial with all those male athletes.

Yes, I caught that too ... what a surprise!!!  LOL.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Jewlmc said:

What happened between Meghan and Joy? 

What aired?  Below is a cut and paste from last week's thread:

ON 2/14/2019 AT 12:23 AM, DONNAQUILT SAID:

In a FB group that I am in, someone was at a taping of the show today that will be shown on President's Day.  MM and Joy had another spat.  Joy said something about Republicans and good faith and Mm went ballistic and accused Joy of not wanting the Dems and Republicans to work things out.  Joy said "did I say that?" And things escalated from there.  After a few back and forth, Joy took a drink of water and spat it out towards the steps and said  something like " let this water get the words out of my mouth".  The audience went crazy cheering for Joy and they stopped taping. A guy - maybe a producer - went running over to Mm and she appeared to be defending herself.  

Want to bet that will be cut from the show?  I haven't seen any stories on it floating around yet.

Edited by buffynut
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, buffynut said:

What aired?  Below is a cut and paste from last week's thread:

ON 2/14/2019 AT 12:23 AM, DONNAQUILT SAID:

In a FB group that I am in, someone was at a taping of the show today that will be shown on President's Day.  MM and Joy had another spat.  Joy said something about Republicans and good faith and Mm went ballistic and accused Joy of not wanting the Dems and Republicans to work things out.  Joy said "did I say that?" And things escalated from there.  After a few back and forth, Joy took a drink of water and spat it out towards the steps and said  something like " let this water get the words out of my mouth".  The audience went crazy cheering for Joy and they stopped taping. A guy - maybe a producer - went running over to Mm and she appeared to be defending herself.  

Want to bet that will be cut from the show?  I haven't seen any stories on it floating around yet.

This is ratings gold!  I will be shocked if it isn't shown. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I really think she thinks her eyes have death rays. 

They DO!  Don't look directly at the screen when she's radiating.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry, Strahan & Sara but your show is still terrible, no matter what is it named.

Mary J. Bilge, just say your age. We can all look it up. 48!

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

The spat was cut out. Appearantly they had to redo the ending. It was the end of the second segment. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Mary J. Blige, I haven't watched The Umbrella Academy yet (it does look good), but sight unseen, I'd like to bet my paycheck against yours that Sir Reginald Hargreeves is a billionaire INDUSTRIALIST, not a billionaire ILLUSTRATOR

Edited by General Days
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bucket said:

This is ratings gold!  I will be shocked if it isn't shown. 

Nope. They didn’t show it. I guess it came after Meg’s comment about the far right not wanting to compromise and criticizing candidates like Biden or Klobachur (so?) for working across party lines. I can see Joy pushing back on this. 

Was Meg not present at the end when everyone else was dancing with the Beautiful cast?  I didn’t see her. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sooo...what's going on with Whoopi?  Is she really sick or are there other reasons she has not been on for a couple of days?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sooo...what's going on with Whoopi?  Is she really sick or are there other reasons she has not been on for a couple of days?

Actually, it's now more than a week!!!  Supposedly pneumonia!!!

  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, it's now more than a week!!!  Supposedly pneumonia!!!

Oh Ok....I hope she is OK, but with my 'tin hat" on, I'm wondering if more is going on with her 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Within the last few months I had pneumonia as a complication of the flu and nearly died.  Recovery time typically is 4-6 weeks. It took me more like 10.  Whoopi could definitely be out 2 or 3 weeks or more as a result of pneumonia. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, it's now more than a week!!!  Supposedly pneumonia!!!

Pneumonia can take a very long time, especially at her age.  She smokes a lot of pot and that compromises her lungs.  A friend of mine was on intravenous antibiotics for weeks (at home).   

Well damn, not seeing the rumble but at lease we know it happened and got a description.  This is likely to show up this week during hot topics. 

I like the way Joy is dressing these days.  I loved her frayed jacket and the one today, too.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, lilly6 said:

Within the last few months I had pneumonia as a complication of the flu and nearly died.  Recovery time typically is 4-6 weeks. It took me more like 10.  Whoopi could definitely be out 2 or 3 weeks or more as a result of pneumonia. 

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that...I know as I have gotten older it takes longer to recuperate.  Hope you feel better now.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

So today's show was taped, and Friday's show was taped.  Did they tape these shows on Thursday?

They taped today's show on Wednesday. I guess Friday's was probably taped on Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Bucket said:

This is ratings gold!  I will be shocked if it isn't shown. 

Ratings gold if anyone in charge considers the viewers Numero Uno.   Their Princess Number One will make sure that it never makes an appearance on our TV screens!

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Because they didn't show the "spat" , it makes me wonder that if the show wasn't live , would we ever see the drama ?

After all , they have to protect their precious Meghan.

Let's hope this doesn't give them any ideas .

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

Sorry, Strahan & Sara but your show is still terrible, no matter what is it named.

Mary J. Bilge, just say your age. We can all look it up. 48!

Mary J Blige looks beautiful and great, but I really thought she was about 55. She carries herself with an elegance and maturity that I don't possess and I'm only a few years younger than she is. 😣 (I bet MJB would never use an emoji.)

Poor Sara and Michael, making weekly visits to The View in order to bring the tv audience over to their show. Sorry, I'm not watching that crap show no matter what chairs they use. I wonder if they've visited Kelly and Ryan 🤔😉.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

It annoyed me when M and S joked about the new name of the show - I still think it should be Michael and Sara or Strahan and Haines - it is disrespectful in this day and age for the new title Strahan and (just) Sara, imo.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Haleth said:

She's sharpening her filleting knife as we speak.

Meghan is portraying a political analyst at Vanderbilt this evening (6:30) so she may not be on the show today,

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It annoyed me when M and S joked about the new name of the show - I still think it should be Michael and Sara or Strahan and Haines - it is disrespectful in this day and age for the new title Strahan and (just) Sara, imo.

Eh, it probably won't last long enough to matter.  It's a terrible show.

1 hour ago, springtime said:

Meghan is portraying a political analyst at Vanderbilt this evening (6:30) so she may not be on the show today,

Oh good. McCabe will be able to speak without Meg shrieking in his face.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sooo...what's going on with Whoopi?  Is she really sick or are there other reasons she has not been on for a couple of days?

Hey! Wondering the same... either way, by her staying away on sick leave or whatever, showcases how much more suitable and in control Joy is moderating the view.  She seems to somehow reign in that snotty screeching sulky spoiled missknowitall “I AM JOHN MCCAIN DAUGHTER “ hissy fit pest!  Why Why Is she still on?? Is she honestly bringing in the ratings?? Keep putting that  rude , loud mouth in her place, Joy!! Cause Whoopie somehow too busy sucking  up to her “baby MM” Ugh..

Btw, News for you, big mouth Mccain, you’re nothing NOTHING like your Dad. Figure it out, you riding on his coattails , big brat.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
  • NO NO NO Whoopi do not get back soon - Get better but not back
  • STF Princess 2 of course you want Bernie to run so 45 can beat him and then someone related to you will continue to have a job
  • Anna being here is to prevent epic meltdown
  • Elsa please please learn something if that brain is capable of a brain cell and that is just because someone is a Democrat does not mean you are a socialist
  • Stop Princess 2 you are just like Princess 1 you can not stop interrupting
  • Yes Yes Sunny I agree with you it is the narrative of the Republican Party to make people think the Democratic Party is so left it is their desire to divide
  •  
  • Like 16
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi has pneumonia and will be out for a while more than likely.  I agree it is showing how much better Joy is at moderating.

Good for Sunny for calling out Abby on her Rep talking points.

Good grief, what's with the big red bow in Meg's chest?  Is it Christmas already?

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

First Meghan eye roll: Spotted at 11:08 when Joy said they had to finish up political discussion so that Abby could read today's Black History Month info. before commercial break.

Also, Abby's lips seem to be growing along with her pregnancy!

Edited by Cementhead · Reason: took out a duplicate word
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with Sunny when she responded to Abby about how "far left" the democrats supposedly have gone. Nah, Abby. As Sunny stated - the democrats haven't gone far left, that's just a talking point for those on the right who perhaps want to mislead their audience in believing these ideas are just soooo "far left." Abby brings this up quite a bit, I've noticed. I wish she would quit saying that.

Ahhh, I was waiting for them to talk about Jussie Smollett. I must say, it's not looking good. We don't know everything yet of course but it's just not looking good so far. The conspiracy theorists are loving how this is unfolding, unfortunately. I hope the reports are wrong.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Like 17
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Gosh, Abby is so loud.

I swear they turn up her mic!!

So Meghan make predictions with her husband over the weekend of which candidate will win states in the primaries? How exciting that must be.

Is that what she said?

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Elsa Elsa Elsa you are not smart enough to try to interrogate McCabe and when you tried to do a gotcha like can you say you are not the leak I was expecting you to say you know as a senators daughter and someone is the smartest person at the table then do the gotcha and you had one of the evilest looks in your eyes and on your face that I said to Simon every bad word I could think of.  He has face far more then you so STFU now/

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

When someone said that healthcare for all is a right and that we are the only country that doesn't have it.....Abby actually didn't agree.  Hey Abby try having 3 kids in 2 years and pay for it yourself.

2 minutes ago, SoapySales said:

Meghan thought she had a gotcha question for McCabe. Bwahahahaha! Meghan can't "get" anybody. She's not bright enough and she has no political or journalistic weight. She always falls flat on her face and makes herself look foolish.

She keeps trying though.  I keep thinking her life must be miserable.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

When someone said that healthcare for all is a right and that we are the only country that doesn't have it.....Abby actually didn't agree.  Hey Abby try having 3 kids in 2 years and pay for it yourself.

She keeps trying though.  I keep thinking her life must be miserable.

Bless her heart.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 8
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×