Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I don't think MM has much of a sense of humor. I know she giggles sometimes but it is always when she is screeching to be heard for attention in a casual encounter.......like in a restaurant with friends for lunch. 

I cannot imagine being in the same room with her for 3 minutes.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The British press is having a field day once again bashing Megan Markle for all of the world's problems. Some in the press complained that Megan's presence  caused problems in New York citing that people would not be able to move around and that it was an inconvenience for New Yorkers to live their lives..

Oh good god.  I heard nothing about this from reports here and why do they care what happens in NYC?  They are too much. 

• Love 7

The British tabloids are in a league of their own and seem to be doing to Meghan what they did to Diana. I honestly wouldn’t swap lives with Meghan for $50 million.

MeAgain does claim to be a comedy fan and I can see her laughing at a certain type of joke. That doesn’t mean she has a sense of humor though. She doesn’t. I always like a person who can laugh at themselves and who doesn’t take life so seriously. McCain is not that kind of person to put it mildly. Pouting and having a toddler tantrum over nothing on live tv while getting paid handsomely to live in NYC is the definition of an ungrateful, humorless sourpuss. That’s why Joy’s “so what, who cares?” motto is so refreshing. Joy has a lovely home, her health, a great salary and she appreciates her good fortune and sees the silliness in getting paid $$$$$ to talk about rapper Offset and the Grammys and go home at noon. I mean she laughs at the silliness of the topics on air and why not? As she said to McCain recently, it’s not surgery. 

Some people lighten up after losing a loved one and rearrange their priorities. Not Meghan. She’s just as angry and hot tempered and willing to die on the tiniest hills just to get one over on Joy/Anna. I always feel like her split screen Hasselbeck moment will be over something as meaningless as Cardi B’s wig rather than anything political. 

• Love 22

I think MM is waiting for her split screen with Joy (ala EH, MM's hero) and MM will be the fool. Never Joy. She would walk away....like she did with RO'D and EH. Never going to happen.

Nor is MM ever going to happen.....except to rip on.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I just finished reading about all of the evidence that the police disclosed at the bond hearing for Jussie Smollett, and it's really compelling. The text messages, the call to the attacker an hour and 10 minutes before the attack, and the call Jussie made to his attacker the day after the attack. He also told police the men who attacked him were white because he could see their skin color in the holes of the mask.

After reading this I'm angry because I think he did it, but by denying it, he's basically accusing these two black men of lying and committing a hate crime on him. 

Im hoping when things calm down, the View will have the two brothers on the show. I really want to hear their story from their own mouth. But I would want Sunny, Ana, and Abby to conduct it. Please no Megan or Whoopi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I am sick and tired of Smollett - let him go to trial and be rid of him. Too disgusting, imo, to discuss endlessly day after day. Or  better yet get him some help. Just make him go away. He is poison and needs help.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7

Really - and there were 15 or 20 women there. Who cares other than it was a wonderful party for friends? I cannot understand Abby's problem.

She is taking a hit today/tonight on twitter - hope she explains her anger tomorrow.

• Love 7

Meghan understands "comedy in bleak circumstances" like in her life.  No, she doesn't have "bleak circumstances".  Yes, her father died.   Guess what?  as our parents become elderly - they die.  It's the goddam circle of life, Meghan!   Larry Charles  is talking about comedy in oppressive regimes - and somehow Meghan relates to that because her father died!   WTF?!?!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Really - and there were 15 or 20 women there. Who cares other than it was a wonderful party for friends? I cannot understand Abby's problem.

She is taking a hit today/tonight on twitter - hope she explains her anger tomorrow.

Maybe it was the way I was raised (one baby shower per mother-to-be. Period. That’s all!), but I think it’s tacky that Abby is having a baby shower for her twins. Her daughter isn’t even two years old yet. She doesn’t need another damn baby shower, period. 

If she wants to have something like a Sip ‘n See once the babies are born, fine. A second shower is totally inappropriate, especially for a second pregnancy so close to the first. It falls under every tenet of bad manners in my book. Even if she was only having a boy or twin boys, it’s still super tacky! (We know she won’t donate the flowers to charity. She’ll probably try and use them to barter for some ugly ass sweaters! I’ve only been watching for about a month, but is that Abby’s personal style sneaking in that I don’t know about?)

Side note: There was chatter last week about MM being a size 14. If she’s a 14, then I’ll eat my hat. There is NO WAY she’s only a size 14, even being 5’1”. Between her bust and her body shape, she has easily got to be a size 18-20. 

If she dressed for her shape and size, she wouldn’t look so ridiculous every day of the week. Her hair is another story.

She was probably a size 14 in the very beginning of her days on the show, as shown in the opening credits - and she wasn’t bad looking. However, every day that I watch the show and see her stuffed into a sausage casing that she calls an outfit while she tries to get up onto the chair, it’s just so embarrassing and awkward.

My intent isn’t to body shame her at all. Ironically,  I truly wish I had half of her body confidence! I’m six inches taller than her and at least half of her real clothing size. I can’t believe I just said something nice about her. I think I’m going to be sick...🤮

Before I forget, someone up thread asked about Jussie Smollet and any potential past bizarre behavior(s). He was pulled over for a DUI several years ago. He initially tried to pass himself off as his brother, including presenting his brother’s ID to the police when he was pulled over, in an attempt to presumably avoid damaging his career.

I don’t miss Whoopi at all!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

I think it’s tacky that Abby is having a baby shower for her twins. Her daughter isn’t even two years old yet. She doesn’t need another damn baby shower, period. 

If she wants to have something like a Sip ‘n See once the babies are born, fine. A second shower is totally inappropriate, especially for a second pregnancy so close to the first. It falls under every tenet of bad manners in my book. Even if she was only having a boy or twin boys, it’s still super tacky! 

Word!  Thank you!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

Maybe it was the way I was raised (one baby shower per mother-to-be. Period. That’s all!), but I think it’s tacky that Abby is having a baby shower for her twins. Her daughter isn’t even two years old yet. She doesn’t need another damn baby shower, period. 

If she wants to have something like a Sip ‘n See once the babies are born, fine. A second shower is totally inappropriate, especially for a second pregnancy so close to the first. It falls under every tenet of bad manners in my book

I  thought the same thing.  If she wants to celebrate this pregnancy fine great have fun but to have a shower?  No.  And while we are on the this subject I'm always struck by how many strangers will send gifts to pregnant celebs. The celeb doesn't need your gift.  Take that gift and donate it to a charity.  I'm excluding the gift a viewer sent to Sara because that was a pillow with a pic of her dog on it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Yes, her bff Abby..I think it was to signal to Ana that another Republican wants her to be at her shower.

By "planning" (ha--some underling has that job) one of Ana's wedding showers, truly believe that its the only way that MM would get herself invited or attend ANYTHING related to Ana, and that includes the wedding.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I want Joe Biden to run. 

If Joe Biden is the democratic candidate, Meghan will have such a tough time on the show.  she is compelled to attack democrats, and to favor republicans, and Joe Biden is one of the very few dems whom she likes.  Meghan said it will be "very uncomfortable"  for her on the show.   I'm OK with that. 

Just watching the rest now, half a day late -   Yes, Meghan McCain is wearing an "I dream of Jeannie" hairstyle.  I wanted her to do that head bop a few times to see if she could disappear. 

Why would ANYONE care if Meghan Markle has a baby shower?  Abby's criticisms were ridiculous.  Meghan's family and childhood friends weren't there?  They could have thrown a shower for her if they wanted to.  it's not unusual for people to have two showers.  Serena Williams invited the friend group they had in common.  Abby says Markle "wanted to be seen."  No she didn't arrange her own shower and demand that "AAA list celebrities" (according to Abby) attend.  What is the problem with someone who can afford it, throwing a party?  If it costs a bunch of money - that's not money going down the drain.  It's money that goes to vendors, eventually to laborers, etc.  

You know, Abby and MM seems to accuse others--celebrities, politicians, anyone actually--of wanting to get press or media attention--as though they do not.

MM especially has stated about several guests that they want attention --for their book, or to make a Presidential run someday, or to clear themselves and get their own story out there (McCabe), etc. 

My response is, "So what? Who cares?"    The name of the game for anyone on tv or media these days is getting attention to up your "presence" and $ for whatever current project  that you're pushing.  Why is that negative in Abby's, but mostly MM's mind? 

I believe because MM is deeply insecure and  1) knows that she doesn't deserve her job(s) because she is nothing but a name; and 2) MM doesn't think there is room for others when she is trying to hog all the attention ; and 3)  MM believes that she is more important and wiser than anyone that ever lived because she is somebody's daughter.

I think Meghan Markle is beautiful and I want her and  her baby to be happy and healthy forever (and get more press than MM could ever dream of), so Markle becomes THE " Meghan" that everyone refers to by first name. 

MM's 'pandering  to be on Desus and Mero was sickening.  God, please don't let this happen. I think the Bodega Boys are way smarter than that and can pick and choose "A" list celebrities, and yes, even Obama--eventually.  I love them.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Bridget said:

If she wants to have something like a Sip ‘n See once the babies are born, fine. A second shower is totally inappropriate, especially for a second pregnancy so close to the first. It falls under every tenet of bad manners in my book. Even if she was only having a boy or twin boys, it’s still super tacky! (We know she won’t donate the flowers to charity. She’ll probably try and use them to barter for some ugly ass sweaters! I’ve only been watching for about a month, but is that Abby’s personal style sneaking in that I don’t know about?)

Totally agree about the tackiness of a shower for anything other than a first baby. My mother would be mortified and you would be the talk of family gossip if you tried to pull that. If people wanted to bring a gift after the baby was born, that was fine, but not mandatory. Same for second weddings. No double dipping in my family!

• Love 16
12 hours ago, SPinCA said:

MeAgain

Excellent!

31 minutes ago, Tosia said:

MM especially has stated about several guests that they want attention --for their book, or to make a Presidential run someday, or to clear themselves and get their own story out there (McCabe), etc

Why else would they go on the show?

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Take that gift and donate it to a charity. 

That's where the gifts end up anyways.

Having a baby shower, in the US, is quite ordinary and every new mom should be honored for the new step in her life.  I hear the UK is starting to have them but it is not really taking off.  Even if it's just a luncheon or Markle gets American toys and stuff she recognizes for the baby it's ok in my book.

Abby having a small child still using her baby equipment and needing 2 more of everything would be ok in having a small shower from her family.  It is hard to go get all that stuff while pregnant.  MM just wants to post online her graciousness and try to up her likeability.  Not Going To Happen!

• Love 5

Meghan: "I'm still talking. Thank you."  Abby looked stunned that her bff shut her down. 

Finally they are getting around to talking about the white supremacist terrorist. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17

Whoopi would’ve cut Sunny off for going into lawyer mode and breaking down the Jussie Smollett situation for us nonlawyers. I don’t miss Whoopi (get well soon though). 

And did Meghan just snap on Abby? “I’m still talking.” Wtf?

And I agree with Sunny about the Coast Guard white supremacist who isn’t getting the same amount of coverage because of this clown Jussie. What a sad bit of irony that his fake hate crime is dominating the headlines instead of the ACTUAL racist who wanted to commit REAL hate crimes. I’m also glad that Abby pointed out that 45 has yet to comment about that guy. He sure was quick to tweet directly to Jussie about his stupid fake hate crime, though. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

Notice when Joy says we miss you Whoopi and Elsa stressed it was almost coming out of her brain yes we do.  No Elsa the Viewers DO NOT MISS WHOOPI because Joy takes Elsa to task and only Elsa MISSES Whoopi because she has kisses the self entitled B word and every other word we have used to describe her and does not check her.  

What a self entitled b when someone went to talk and of course the royal b has to say I am talking when someone interrupts her - Word Elsa you interrupt everyone.

I am dreading the discussion about the Oscars, the music guests - Elsa will be falling all her/

Why oh Why can they not talk more political stuff - oh that is right because Ana is on and poor little Elsa is always shown for how stupid and what a b word she is when Ana is there oh what am I saying she shows that whether Ana is on or not.

Hey do not forget to watch the Real and put comments in these section that Cheezy got going.  I think the only problem with the Real is they are actually intelligent - Loni was an engineer and they actually care about each other so there is not enough to complain about.

Finally my Friday hope is Elsa and her BFF drop the show - a girl can dream

Have a great weekend!

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I’m first gen, so wedding/baby showers weren’t part of our culture and I’ve never been to one so it’s all over my head. From what I can tell gender reveals, baby moons and push presents are the new things. 

Meghan Markle doesn’t interest me but for her own sake I’d like to see her get less attention. I lived in Europe during Diana’s final years and I wouldn’t want Meghan to have a similar fate. But if she was sitting in my backyard I wouldn’t go out to look at her, who cares. I think I saw her at a party years ago when she first started in Suits. My friend says we saw her but I have no recollection. I can’t help but wonder if Serena and the Clooneys would give her the time of day if she was still a C lister. All a bit fake but again who cares. 

I find it ironic though that Meghan is so anti monarchy when she loves to tell us she’s from a ride or die political family. You just know she’d have no problem if power was transferred from parent to child here and she was handed her father’s Senate seat. 

• Love 12

Ok, that was a fun, light- hearted segment.  They don't come along often!  Abby saying she wouldn't mind them trying the 90-second talking rule on the show, Ana saying that Roma put her to sleep and Joy replying 'what a ringing endorsement!,' Sunny saying she hates when they play the music to get people off the stage and how they sometimes do that to us here, and then of course, they do that to Joy a few minutes later. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

Meghan Markle doesn’t interest me but for her own sake I’d like to see her get less attention. I lived in Europe during Diana’s final years and I wouldn’t want Meghan to have a similar fate. But if she was sitting in my backyard I wouldn’t go out to look at her, who cares. I think I saw her at a party years ago when she first started in Suits. My friend says we saw her but I have no recollection. I can’t help but wonder if Serena and the Clooneys would give her the time of day if she was still a C lister. All a bit fake but again who cares. 

Serena was friends with Megan Markle before she became a princess. The Clooneys are a different story,. What I love about Serena other than her talent is her ability to connect with other women.  

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Bridget said:

Clipped for content to my reply

2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Totally agree about the tackiness of a shower for anything other than a first baby. My mother would be mortified and you would be the talk of family gossip if you tried to pull that. If people wanted to bring a gift after the baby was born, that was fine, but not mandatory. Same for second weddings. No double dipping in my family!

Around here, a second baby shower is now called a "sprinkle", and they do seem to be gaining in popularity - and are ridiculous, in my opinion.

The only way I can marginally accept it is if there is a long span of time between the births (say, six or seven years), and the Mom has gotten rid of all the baby items.

I think it happens a lot when the first baby is one gender and the second is the other, so that the mother can be gifted with gender-specific items of clothing.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I am sick and tired of Smollett - let him go to trial and be rid of him. Too disgusting, imo, to discuss endlessly day after day. Or  better yet get him some help. Just make him go away. He is poison and needs help.

I totally agree.  Enough.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Ahbee's face when potato said that !!!

Right. And the poor girl is pregnant with twins. I know I was not in charge of my tear ducts when I was pregnant. My hormones were.

I can't believe MEaghan snapped at Abby (of all people) like that. Meanwhile, Sunny's still engaging with her, while Abby's trying not to cry, and Ana and Joy are giving her the stank eye. (Ana's stank eye was beautiful! I'm giving credit to Joy, but the were only showing her from the side.)

For those how haven't watched yet, the topic was Jussie Smollett and MEaghan brought up how he wouldn't give his phone over to the cops. After MEaghan listed every item in the world she'd be willing to give over to the cops, had she been attacked, Abby added something about a police report. Before Abby could finish her thought, MEaghan snitted, "I'm still talking, thank you." She then chuckled over her own words and complained, "I always speak last." 

DON'T WE KNOW IT. 

2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

She is also looking especially potato-y today!  Especially from the side.  Pretty outfit but yikes.

2 minutes ago, ari333 said:

How do they attach MM's extensions.? I cant see where they begin

I was wondering the same thing, Ari333. I didn't even notice the rest of her look, Cementhead, because the hair just looks so fake. 

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Potato doesn't like being interrupted, yet she does it to everyone else ALL the time.

I was SO wishing Joy or Abby or hell, even some random audience member, would have thrown that fact in her heavily made-up face.  That comment is rich, coming from someone who constantly screeches over everybody all.the.damn.time.   No manners. No self-awareness.   No humility.  No brains.

• Love 21

I was stunned that Megan spoke to Abby like that.. Wow! I was taken aback by her rudeness and you can tell Abby was hurt by it. She is just a nasty piece of work and she really thinks it is all about her. I blame Whoopie who I don't miss at all for enabling her rudeness. 

I hate to be mean, but, Megan keeps getting bigger and bigger.  The thing is off the show, she is a pretty girl with a beautiful complexion. I am amazed that she kept her skin so well, giving that she is from Arizona. 

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I’m first gen, so wedding/baby showers weren’t part of our culture and I’ve never been to one so it’s all over my head. From what I can tell gender reveals, baby moons and push presents are the new things

Bold - no, just no.  I have no problem if a husband wants to hold up a piece of jewelry and say, "Push darling".  Do not incorporate that into a party.  Gender reveals?  Who cares?  Never been to one.

Baby showers are supposed to be to help the young couple with setting up the household for the baby.  Highchair, car seats, and stuff the first time mother has no idea she will need.  If it is an older, well to do, mother than maybe a luncheon with accounts to delivery services or photo/stationary places.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I wonder what MM's word of the day will be heh and if she misuses it 🙂

poignant!!!  (When responding to something Ana said.)

Also, Ana has such a sweet & innocent smile.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

I like that Joy has the same hair everyday. Some of the others do some kind of different hair everyday and sometimes it is YIKES

And MM needs to stop stroking hers

MM snapped Ahbee's head off

Edited by ari333
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, General Days said:

Oh and MEaghan, while I agree that our society worships at the cult of celebrity, that's the only reason you have a job on network TV -- because you're from a famous family.

Now come on.  Meghan did the hard work of being born into that famous family.

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meghan: "I'm still talking. Thank you."  Abby looked stunned that her bff shut her down. 

The silver lining to Abby's hiring is that Meghan is learning from experience how irritating it is to be interrupted by inane comments when you're trying to make a point during your allotted time. Not that Meghan would ever think of her own comments this way but still . . . baby steps.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

When she was speaking to Sunny about some subject. Somebody can correct me.. I drone out when Megan starts to lecture incoherently..

Actually, Ana had said something Meggie agreed with & used "poignant" instead of whateverthehell she wanted to say!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

When she was speaking to Sunny about some subject. Somebody can correct me.. I drone out when Megan starts to lecture incoherently..

That's your body's self-defense mechanism kicking in.  To prevent her from doing any permanent damage to your brain. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

The silver lining to Abby's hiring is that Meghan is learning from experience how irritating it is to be interrupted by inane comments when you're trying to make a point during your allotted time

More likely, she's SCHOOLING her lower echelon "bestie."       

LazerKill.png.3fb5add7458d2dc2e1ef2aa688e801a1.png

Whoopie...miss...you know

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

When is she going to go?  She has been unnecessarily rude to every co-host now except Whoopi.  Abby did not deserve that treatment from the succubus.  Every time it seems like she may be getting better she reverts back to being a total b!tch.  

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Baby showers are supposed to be to help the young couple with setting up the household for the baby.  Highchair, car seats, and stuff the first time mother has no idea she will need.  If it is an older, well to do, mother than maybe a luncheon with accounts to delivery services or photo/stationary places.

When we had been married one year, we moved to Tucson.  On someone's advice, my husband joined the Jaycees...mostly to meet people our age. In those days, Jaycees had to leave the organization when they turned 35.  So...he went to a meeting and came home to tell me all the guys were our parents' age...that they refused to leave the club they loved--they simply left the national organization.  Cut to the chase: when I was pregnant, all those wives had a shower for me.  ME! specifically.  No baby gifts...just a pretty bed jacket (just like in the movies!), perfume, lingerie.  It was wonderful!  People at work gave me a "normal" baby shower ... and so did my family AND my husband's family.

• Love 12