Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/18/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Every time it seems like she may be getting better she reverts back to being a total b!tch.  

Probably because she has worked the system (parents, siblings*,teachers, administrators, friends, producers) all her life.  Does she ever suffer?  NO!  She's our perfect United States Royal.  No harm must come to her.

*Wouldn't you LOVE to hear sibling stories?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She is just a nasty piece of work and she really thinks it is all about her. I blame Whoopie who I don't miss at all for enabling her rudeness. 

Some day it will come down to a power play between those two.  Just when I think I can't stand to watch the show one. more. time....I remind myself I want to be there for the event.

13 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Please no Megan or Whoopi.

Especially Whoopi!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

those wives had a shower for me.  ME! specifically.  No baby gifts...just a pretty bed jacket (just like in the movies!), perfume, lingerie.  It was wonderful!  People at work gave me a "normal" baby shower ... and so did my family AND my husband's family.

Aw!  That is a great idea.  Those older Jacees had some life experience!  Great ideas for gifts.

6 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

*Wouldn't you LOVE to hear sibling stories?

Is there a line we can line up at?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

So they don’t have time to talk about the Coast Guard news story outside of Sunny making a remark during the Smollet topic… And this is after the topic was advertised at the start of yesterday’s show. Are you kidding me? But they do have time to talk about Joe Biden, baby showers, ageism, and baby names being stolen by a friend.

What the actual hell.

• Love 18

Meghan was a bitch to Abby, wow. 

Did anyone watch till the end when they brought out the champagne? I never do, but I'm sick and didnt have the energy to grab the remote. So I just let the whole show play. Sorry , my point is Meghan looked so much smaller in the casual hoodie.  I was really surprised how much better she looked. Now like I said I'm sick as hell and heavenly medicated,  so I might be completely seeing it wrong but I dont think I am. She always looks like a stuffed sausage. Not so much in the hoodie. It's really strange.  I never think people look good in hoodies, they are so bulky. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

Excellent!

Why else would they go on the show?

That's where the gifts end up anyways.

Having a baby shower, in the US, is quite ordinary and every new mom should be honored for the new step in her life.  I hear the UK is starting to have them but it is not really taking off.  Even if it's just a luncheon or Markle gets American toys and stuff she recognizes for the baby it's ok in my book.

Abby having a small child still using her baby equipment and needing 2 more of everything would be ok in having a small shower from her family.  It is hard to go get all that stuff while pregnant.  MM just wants to post online her graciousness and try to up her likeability.  Not Going To Happen!

For Muslims, we have something called an ‘aqeeqah, which is where the parents give meat to others as a means to thank God for the baby. It happens after the child is born and the parents do this for those coming to celebrate lol. You can bring gifts, but if you don't then it's okay.

Even weddings, which sounds bad, but in my culture I never really saw people bringing gifts until more recently. Some did, but it definitely feels like it's happening more now. Even then, no one would shame you for just coming and offering a prayer for the couple/baby and enjoying your time. I always bring stuff, but it's not a must.

I've heard of baby showers for every baby though. I think the general rule is if you spent a lot for the first baby, then you don't have to do it again for the next.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So they don’t have time to talk about the Coast Guard news story outside of Sunny making a remark during the Smollet topic… And this is after the topic was advertised at the start of yesterday’s show. Are you kidding me? But they do have time to talk about Joe Biden, baby showers, ageism, and baby names being stolen by a friend.

What the actual hell.

Omg this. They went on and on about Smollett . They threw in a few words regarding the Coast Guard man terrorist attempt. Wtf indeed? 

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did anyone watch till the end when they brought out the champagne? I never do, but I'm sick and didnt have the energy to grab the remote. So I just let the whole show play. Sorry , my point is Meghan looked so much smaller in the casual hoodie.  I was really surprised how much better she looked. Now like I said I'm sick as hell and heavenly medicated,  so I might be completely seeing it wrong but I dont think I am. She always looks like a stuffed sausage. Not so much in the hoodie. It's really strange.  I never think people look good in hoodies, they are so bulky. 

I thought the very same thing.  And I am not heavily medicated nor have I started drinking my weekend wine yet.  She looked so much smaller in the hoodie.  Which is so strange.  Perhaps it was because it was black?  And black is slimming?  Because you are so right, usually hoodies add weight, not subtract.  The mind boggles with this chick.

And p.s. sorry to hear you are sick.  Get well soon!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Ana saying that Roma put her to sleep and Joy replying 'what a ringing endorsement!,'

Roma is one of the few nominees I've seen (using a walker for awhile) and I just don't get it.  It was fine...a nice enough story--kinda documentary.  I'm a big film nerd and that one has me scratching my balls (the devil made me write that).

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Omg this. They went on and on about Smollett . They threw in a few words regarding the Coast Guard man terrorist attempt. Wtf indeed? 

I guess The View wants to protect the Neo-Nazis and white supremacists of the world.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What the actual hell.

nm.... I cant say what I want to say, but.... you are right.

Edited by ari333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate to be mean, but, Megan keeps getting bigger and bigger.  The thing is off the show, she is a pretty girl with a beautiful complexion. I am amazed that she kept her skin so well, giving that she is from Arizona. 

Does anyone remember the other day when Abby pointed to Meghan and said, “you love McDonald’s” ? I can’t remmeber during which segment this happened or what they were talking about but I guess that means Meghan is a frequent fast-food eater. If I were as rich as her though I’d be eating much tastier junk food than McDonald’s, lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SPinCA said:

I can’t help but wonder if Serena and the Clooneys would give her the time of day if she was still a C lister.

Most of the time those "A" listers started out way down in the Celebrity Alphabet.   Would Her Royal Highness have given the time of day to Serena, Amal, OR George if they weren't "A" listers?    Well...George, definitely.  Who wouldn't?

• Love 3

So we learned today, thanks to Nutmeg's rudeness to her BFF, that "she speaks last".  Which I had been noticing recently.  Perhaps this her producers' strategy for her to interrupt less, but they probably pitched it to her as a way to sound more important.  So I guess now that she speaks last, no one dare interrupt her.  Even Abby.  The death stare Ana gave her after that rudeness was awesome.

At the end of the stealing a baby name segment, they ran out of time before NutMeg could offer her insight (which would have been:  I don't have children, this topic is irrelevant to me), and as they went to break Joy told NutMeg "sorry" (that they ran out of time) and NutMeg just shook her head.

It is pretty rich for them to spend all that time talking about Jussie and then complain that no one is talking about the home grown white supremacist terrorist.  Hypocrites, much?

• Love 20

Showers, schmowers, semantics.  Let the female people...or male humans...or a combination get together and plan a lavish (or pathetic) event for their friend.  In addition to helping the economy, it's fun to get together if you like each other--even more fun if one of you has become a duchess and flies in from another country. Hopefully fun if Meghan McCain is planning something and you'd be thrilled to see how posh it will be.  I'd PAY to attend either event.

• Love 7

Re: Thursday's show. MM hair  " I DREAM OF MEANIE"

I DO miss  Whoopi, and here's why - I have become masochistically addicted to her incoherent rants and fire-able moderator attempts, her stunning wardrobe choices ... oh and a HOST (pardon the pun) of other things.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, pachebo said:

I DO miss  Whoopi, and here's why - I have become masochistically addicted to her incoherent rants and fire-able moderator attempts, her stunning wardrobe choices ... oh and a HOST (pardon the pun) of other things.

Bless your heart.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I had to rewind my dvdr because I could not believe EV (Empty Vessel) snapped at Abby, wth? 

Oh She has been way rude to Whoopi but the viewing audience did not see it, I did.  You all recall the time Whoopi tried to shut down a conversation and it got heated and Megan wouldn’t shut up so she screamed at her and immediately went to commercial. Megan snapped at her hard, cursing back and forth, and that’s when she ran off in tears. I will never get tired of telling that story. It was a glorious moment. Lol 

Speaking of, I’ll be at Monday’s live show. 😊 

Lucky you. That will be the Oscar recap.

• Love 5

Sunny, good god.  Gabriel is a very common name and has been since the 70s.  My sons went to school with many and it was a small school.  

It was nasty for Miranda's BF to get another pregnant when he was seeing her!  Good Luck Miranda.  I don't know much about her but I read that she cheated on Blake; is this true?  And what is up with him not using birth control?  

Meggie, oh empty vessel, you have to start dressing with looser and longer tops.  The hoodie looked pretty good. 

Joy, I love this woman! 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was stunned that Megan spoke to Abby like that.. Wow! I was taken aback by her rudeness and you can tell Abby was hurt by it.

Just coming in to post about this. I don't watch this show much at all since it's really just a bunch of annoying women talking over each other. I can only maybe tolerate Sunny. But I'm off today from work and decided to give it a glance and dude, that moment had me cringing like I'd been struck. And all I could think was, "wait, aren't these two supposedly BFF's or at least very good close friends"?  Yikes. 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Sunny, good god.  Gabriel is a very common name and has been since the 70s.  My sons went to school with many and it was a small school.  

It was nasty for Miranda's BF to get another pregnant when he was seeing her!  Good Luck Miranda.  I don't know much about her but I read that she cheated on Blake; is this true?  And what is up with him not using birth control?  

Meggie, oh empty vessel, you have to start dressing with looser and longer tops.  The hoodie looked pretty good. 

Joy, I love this woman! 

I have heard the Miranda Lambert story a few times because I've in bed for days. 

ML boyfriend was seeing another (1)woman when they met. He got another (2)woman pregnant.  Then met Miranda and left (1)girlfriend for Miranda . He hasn't cheated on Miranda yet. I had no idea who Miranda Lambert was a couple weeks ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Joy, I love this woman! 

I don't understand Sunny's beef about names, especially, since she is Latina and most Latinos have a Juan, Miguel, Pedro, Maria in their family. Not to mention, her husband Manny's family is Haitian and it is the same thing on his side with Jean, Marie and Pierre being very common in Haiti.  It is a Catholic thing. It is time like this, I understand why Whoopie is impatient with her.  I just rolled my eyes when she said that her son's former au pair named her son after Gabriel and she was annoyed. Sunny, get off your high horse. No name in any language is original. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12

I wasn't getting Megs involvement at all with introducing the New Edition off-shoot singing group along with Sunny. Was first expecting her to claim to be a big fan like she did with those comedians from yesterday.   Nope-  the wife of one of the guys in the group is a Real Housewife of course, and Meghan even tried to pull a little gotcha question rudely asking about him and his wife having an open relationship. Apparently the wife is open about it on the show, but I thought it was still such a tacky question to ask him mere seconds before he was about to perform with the group. If she had any tact she coulda  just said I enjoy your wife on the housewives, have you enjoyed the experience?  

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, falltime said:

"i'm still talking, thank you" @4:08

When she says I always speak last. Wow. The producers must kiss her ass big time. She gets the final word, ugh, . I dont care for Abby but damn that is rude. She yelled at Abby a couple weeks ago and I thought that was bad but this was worse. It felt like "know your place Abby".

• Love 14

McCain seems to hate Abby, too, these days. My guess is because Abby isn't hated the way she is. That's because Abby's better at this show than she is--anyone with a functioning brain could see that (or do that). All you have to do is be a good employee, show how glad you are to have your job, laugh with the others, and talk with your inside voice. That's what professionalism is.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Totally agree about the tackiness of a shower for anything other than a first baby. My mother would be mortified and you would be the talk of family gossip if you tried to pull that. If people wanted to bring a gift after the baby was born, that was fine, but not mandatory. Same for second weddings. No double dipping in my family!

I think we might be related! 

I wasn’t even allowed to send out high school graduation announcements because my mom thought that was tacky.

She thought sending them out was like asking for gifts and/or money from people who I haven’t seen since I was a toddler! (My immediate family moved to CA from MI when I was almost two years old.)  

Now that I’m a teacher myself,  I totally agree with her on that, but for other reasons as well. Graduating 20 years ago was so much different than graduating even 2 years ago. (As much as I love teaching grade 8, don’t get me started on the hoopla that is 8th grade promotion! 🤯)

The current generation of snowflakes shouldn’t be rewarded for finishing high school since it’s something that everyone should be expected to do. For the last five to eight years, way too many “high school graduates” have placed into remedial math & reading courses after taking college placement exams. #Facts

I’ve seen the seniors and the pressure that 12th grade teachers are up against from Admin. No matter how many times the student screwed up from Aug-June, or how many “please contact the teacher” boxes are checked on progress reports or the numerous requests for parent-teacher meetings have gone unanswered, everyone suddenly cares in June!  It’s so wrong on so many levels.

Celebrating an actual academic achievement is something I am on board with. I am all about celebrating a student if they are a valedictorian, salutatorian, in the top 10% of their class, were on the honor roll for the majority of HS, had perfect attendance or they’re an AP student who are headed to college with X units in the bank

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The next 10 times MM interrupts, the interruptee should say "I'm still talking, thank you" (sweetly) and keep on talking so MM has to shut up.

I was so hoping that would have happened today. Or the next time she finishes talking ( could be a long wait ) , everyone just sit there in silence for a while and eventually someone would say something like " we just wanted to make sure you were done talking"

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Radar said:

I wasn't getting Megs involvement at all with introducing the New Edition off-shoot singing group along with Sunny. Was first expecting her to claim to be a big fan like she did with those comedians from yesterday.   Nope-  the wife of one of the guys in the group is a Real Housewife of course, and Meghan even tried to pull a little gotcha question rudely asking about him and his wife having an open relationship. Apparently the wife is open about it on the show, but I thought it was still such a tacky question to ask him mere seconds before he was about to perform with the group. If she had any tact she coulda  just said I enjoy your wife on the housewives, have you enjoyed the experience?  

I didn't watch the end, so I missed that part.  Which guy is married to what Housewife?  Thanks.

• Love 1

I'm still stuck on the shower commentary. Abby thought it was tacky for MM to have a shower with all the stars and if she was going to have one she should be doing so with her childhood friends, not stars. So much wrong with that. First off, description of guests included her closest friends from "teenage years to the present" according to a source. So she did have childhood friends there. But even if she hadn't, so what? And second, many women have multiple baby showers, one with family, one with close friends, one with co-workers - all hosted by someone who decides who to invite (though the mom to be often gets to have input). 

This is MM's first baby and while she doesn't have material need for help, she is entitled to have fun get togethers with her friends to celebrate the child and her becoming a mom for the first time. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

This is MM's first baby and while she doesn't have material need for help, she is entitled to have fun get togethers with her friends to celebrate the child and her becoming a mom for the first time. 

i was confused for a second here. 😆 both meghans have the same initials. i was like ...wait what?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, bannana said:

NutMeg said it is illegal to "google Mein Kampf".  She got that mixed up with that at one time it was illegal to own MK in Germany, I believe.

I thought it was still illegal. You are not allowed to own Nazi paraphernalia in Germany. I think it is even illegal to do the Hitler salute. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:
2 hours ago, bannana said:

NutMeg said it is illegal to "google Mein Kampf".  She got that mixed up with that at one time it was illegal to own MK in Germany, I believe.

I thought it was still illegal. You are not allowed to own Nazi paraphernalia in Germany. I think it is even illegal to do the Hitler salute. 

Found on the 'net:   Hitler’s "Mein Kampf" only became widely available again in German bookstores in 2016. At the end of World War II, the copyright passed to the state of Bavaria, which prevented its release. Once the copyright expired, a research institute began republishing the book with annotations to add context.  This new version became a bestseller, with around 85,000 copies sold in the first year.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, A.J. said:

Abby did not deserve that treatment from the succubus.  Every time it seems like she may be getting better she reverts back to being a total b!tch. 

But...but...but her daddy died.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

My reply to Meghan’s  “I’m still talking” remark was “When aren’t you talking?”. She really doesn’t see that she is the biggest interrupter at the table, does she? 

Then again, she doesn’t think she is overweight either....

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Found on the 'net:   Hitler’s "Mein Kampf" only became widely available again in German bookstores in 2016. At the end of World War II, the copyright passed to the state of Bavaria, which prevented its release. Once the copyright expired, a research institute began republishing the book with annotations to add context.  This new version became a bestseller, with around 85,000 copies sold in the first year.

That is depressing to know...

• Love 1