Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: So Vain in Solvang

• Start Topic

Lala takes her friends to Solvang, Calif., on a private jet; Jax looks forward to a guys' night out with Tom Sandoval and Tom Schwartz; Brittany brings Jax to therapy to deal with his infidelities; James has a fight with his mother over money.

Airs February 11, 2019.

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What private jet?

Myman’s private jet, of course! What, you didn’t realize that according to LaLa, every truly pretty girl in Hollywood has partied in a private jet? Makes it all that much classier to talk all the time about riding private jets. LaLa may not consider herself basic, but she is definitely bougie.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

I see that James named Tuesday nights after his mother.  What a POS she is - she doesn't talk about his feelings - only about what she gave him - great vacations, Ralph Lauren, his first steps were at Tiffany's.  There doesn't seem to be anything redeemable about her - she's just a pit bull with no actual ability to look at her behaviour and how it affects others.  James has lots of issues - but I feel for him when I see the family dynamics.  It's a really good thing that he's going to therapy.  His mother could use it too - she's vile.

She is so toxic any boundaries he sets might not work - poor James. (Did I just say that?!)

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She is so toxic any boundaries he sets might not work - poor James. (Did I just say that?!)

The woman is clearly a user. You can tell LVP is over it too.  James’s mom says I love you and LVP sits in awkward silence. Have to wonder if she’s drinking again or if she might be bipolar. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Yes, I feel bad that James has the mother he has, but also YES, James needs to stop being a shitty person because of it.

True, but it won’t be easy and he’ll need to stay off alcohol and learn new ways of coping - hope he keeps going to therapy.

• Love 5

Why is Bravo subjecting us to James' mom? Are they that desperate for new players? Not only do I dislike James, they're adding James' really fugly brother to the show. As someone in my workplace said to me one day: "it just don't make no kind a goddamn sense".

And why does LVP always have so many job openings at her restaurants that she can hire so many losers, fools and alcoholics? If I lived closer to L.A. I'd apply for a job with her! 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
Just now, nexxie said:

True, but it won’t be easy and he’ll need to stay off alcohol and learn new ways of coping - hope he keeps going to therapy.

I think James is legitimately a talented, smart, funny guy.  But he is also definitely damaged by his parents and he lashes out and hurts people because of it.  I really do hope he can get that under control because he does have a lot of potential. He needs to take responsibility for the mean and nasty things he has said and done.  Guy has some serious penance he needs to do.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Why is Bravo subjecting us to James' mom? Are they that desperate for new players? Not only do I dislike James, they're adding James' really fugly brother to the show. As someone in my workplace said to me one day: "it just don't make no kind a goddamn sense".

And why does LVP always have so many job openings at her restaurants that she can hire so many losers, fools and alcoholics? If I lived closer to L.A. I'd apply for a job with her! 

Lisa probably has her on just so she gets a paycheck - same with the brother.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Guillermo is a dick. It's not that I'm overly concerned with James's feelings; but that was Henry's interview. It was so rude to use it to make digs at his brother. 

I thought that was all setup to prove how important James’s dj’ing is (like they’re going to go under without him) and was meant to once again make James the oh so talented underdog. The producers are working overtime on the James reclamation story. Bringing his mother on to show how sad James is and now a brother and a chorus of oh the tragedy of losing his dj skills.

• Love 9

I think?  I've finally met a member of the Kennedy clan that I like.  The brother seemed calm and dare I say, decent.

Kristen is lucky anyone is willing to go places with her.  I do not understand her.  Private jet.  Free accommodations. Friends. Get it together!  The best version of Dosodog is Vacation Dosodog.  Vacation Dosodog would not be mean like Stassi.  I'd just roll on and ignore you.

• Love 17

All I could think about the trip to Solvang is that HerMan must have put Lala on a tiny budget for the private jet. Why else would she show off by arranging a girls trip to ye olde Western European tourist trap city (that exists everywhere) when she has agreed not to drink because she is on probation for getting naked and breaking hurricane proof glass?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

All I could think about the trip to Solvang is that HerMan must have put Lala on a tiny budget for the private jet. Why else would she show off by arranging a girls trip to ye olde Western European tourist trap city (that exists everywhere) when she has agreed not to drink because she is on probation for getting naked and breaking hurricane proof glass?

That "PJ" didn't look very luxurious. Not that I know jack shit about private jets but I've seen photos! Lol. And Solvang does not scream bouigois. But I've never been there.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I think she must have  bullied someone to get a few scenes in cause she needs the paycheck. And I don't like to call people out on their looks, but maybe some of that money they spent at Tidfany's should have gone to an orthodontist.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

That "PJ" didn't look very luxurious. Not that I know jack shit about private jets but I've seen photos! Lol. And Solvang does not scream bouigois. But I've never been there.  

That PJ didn't really impress me, either.  It looked like a very small interior and the seats looked really tight - smaller than an actual public plane is these days.  I remember when Mauricio arranged for a private jet for the Beverly Hills housewives, and it was super nice.  Also, didn't Yolanda and David have a private jet?  I remember something there, too - and that one was gorgeous (I think she had it refurbished as a b'day gift, or something??)  

But, these girls were enjoying it, and I hope that they all thanked LaLa for being such a good bed-mate that Randall would do this for her and her friends.  

I did love Stassi's comment about having to stand on a sidewalk waiting for Kristen longer than she was on the PJ - that cracked me up!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I’m totally at a loss. I’ve never been on a PJ but I *have* been to Solvang numerous times. It is 100% not bougie. It’s also about a 45-minute drive from Santa Barbara, which is (in many ways) bougie. AND there’s an airport there, too. 

Great cherry danish, though!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Good grief, James mom is such a piece of shite. Leave her ass at the curb where she belongs. Total "victim" and user, she now hits LVP up for a job for her next son because James no longer has his $ coming in from his dj job. Get yourself a JOB bitch! You should be taking care of yourself and your now adult spawn on your own regardless of what your ex husband and their father are paying for or not. If you didn't save any money to pay your bills post divorce that all on you. 

• Love 14

Solvang is fun!

Grab several buckets of cookies at the Solvang Bakery.

The Ace Hardware store is awesome with Christmas decor during the holidays, and has lots of cool stuff at other times of the year.

Eat some abelskeevers (danish doughnuts/pancakes) at several of the restaurants. YUM.

Too bad that Manny's (best Mexican restaurant) is long gone.

AJ Spurs was still good years back before Sideways but haven't been there in years, same for the Hitching Post.

I wonder if the Ostrich farm is still there as well as the mini horse farms on the back road to Los Olivos.

Total tourist town, but fun for a weekend.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

James’s mom really seems like she is trying to make herself “happen”. God forbid she end up on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills when Lisa needs to add a sycophant to make up for the fact that the rest of the cast is done with her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

Solvang is fun!

Grab several buckets of cookies at the Solvang Bakery.

The Ace Hardware store is awesome with Christmas decor during the holidays, and has lots of cool stuff at other times of the year.

Eat some abelskeevers (danish doughnuts/pancakes) at several of the restaurants. YUM.

Too bad that Manny's (best Mexican restaurant) is long gone.

AJ Spurs was still good years back before Sideways but haven't been there in years, same for the Hitching Post.

I wonder if the Ostrich farm is still there as well as the mini horse farms on the back road to Los Olivos.

Fun for normal people. Not the witches of WeHo. Getting piss drunk on a Mexican beach is more their style. 

And what in the what were the witches wearing? Looked like Lala had on a satin bathrobe and sneakers walking the streets of the little Dutch wannabe village. Along with Ariana and her over the knee black boots and white pants. I can't even describe what the other fashionista's had on. Stass was the only one dressed semi-normally. 

Carter has one foot out the door. Kristin is another example (just like James) that should not drink. Ever. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, esco1822 said:

The woman is clearly a user. You can tell LVP is over it too.  James’s mom says I love you and LVP sits in awkward silence. Have to wonder if she’s drinking again or if she might be bipolar. 

Wasn't she drinking a beer out of a glass at James'?

12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Carter has one foot out the door. 

I wonder who Kristen's next guy will be? Kristen has mostly been involved with guys who have or will be involved with the group somehow. Sandoval is with Ariana. Jax was with Rachael O'Brien (friends with Stassi, Kristen, and Katie), Stassi, Carmen (friends with the WeHo witches), Faith, and Brittany. James has slept with Hope (Kristen's friend), Lala, Lauren, GG, and Ellie; the latter 4 worked at SUR. And Carter used to be Katie's fuck buddy back in the day. There was also that douchey friend of Jax' who came to visit Jax for a couple of days. After sleeping with Kristen, he moved in with her for about a month. Kristen kicked him out when she found out he had a girlfriend. She also dated Aleks from season 1 Below Deck for a little bit.

Though he's dated both Stassi and Katie, I doubt Peter would come anywhere near Kristen. But Rob might.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I wonder who Kristen's next guy will be? Kristen has mostly been involved with guys who have or will be involved with the group somehow. Sandoval is with Ariana. Jax was with Rachael O'Brien (friends with Stassi, Kristen, and Katie), Stassi, Carmen (friends with the WeHo witches), Faith, and Brittany. James has slept with Hope (Kristen's friend), Lala, Lauren, GG, and Ellie; the latter 4 worked at SUR. And Carter used to be Katie's fuck buddy back in the day. There was also that douchey friend of Jax' who came to visit Jax for a couple of days. After sleeping with Kristen, he moved in with her for about a month. Kristen kicked him out when she found out he had a girlfriend. She also dated Aleks from season 1 Below Deck for a little bit.

Though he's dated both Stassi and Katie, I doubt Peter would come anywhere near Kristen. But Rob might.

Kristin is what we used to call a "slosh" bucket back in the 80's.

• LOL 3

I am confused about Lisa relationship to James family, I though the reason that Lisa kept giving him second chances was because she was close with his family yet she has never met his younger brother who doesn’t appear that much younger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I realize that event spaces can be transformed by lighting and being fully decked out with linens and things but that place they looked at looked cheap and tacky.

I wasn't too impressed by the event space. I thought it looked like a bad fan made recreation of the Shire from Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=yU51r3Gh79p

https://www.innoftheseventhray.com/weddings/#weddinginfo

10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Ariana sings like Tom plays the trumpet.

Truth!

• Love 3

I realize that event spaces can be transformed by lighting and being fully decked out with linens and things but that place they looked at looked cheap and tacky.

Perfect for them. And of course Katie suggested it. Speaking of Katie I'm surprised she didn't take her couch on the trip.

Ariana can soon add failed singer to failed stand up comic and failed cocktail cookbook writer. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Oh, Solvang. Aka the town my college friends and I would stop at for Danish pancakes the morning after camping at dusty Cachuma Lake. But otherwise boring AF. I went to college in SLO and my sister went to college in SB, so my parents liked stopping in Solvang in between visiting both of us. We went to AJ Spurs so many times and I left my purse there once and it was never found after we went back to get it. Good times! I also hope the ostrich farm is still there. So funny to see it as a "cool" place to fly to on the PJ. I'm surprised it took even 25 minutes to get there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Ariana, Sandoval, and Scheana need to form a completely talentless musical trio. I always find it funny that Katie moved to LA to get involved in the music industry because she was sooooooooooooooo passionate about music. However, we've never seen her even feign interest in music for the 7 seasons of this show.

Yeah, what happened with that??!!!  I've never once seen Katie sing or play an instrument or do ANYTHING remotely musical.  At least we saw Tom playing with his band, make an ass out of himself with his trumpet, Lala sing, Scheana attempt to sing and even Kristen strummed a few chords on the guitar, but with Katie, there's been absolutely nothing. 

Maybe she talks about it the way that Jax talked about having a sweater line or how a lot of people talk about wanting to be a doctor or a veterinarian just because they think it sounds impressive, even though they don't give a shit about people or animals and never did well at school.

5 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

OMG!  Sideways!!!  Seems like so long ago now...

4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Jax was with Rachael O'Brien (friends with Stassi, Kristen, and Katie), Stassi, Carmen (friends with the WeHo witches), Faith, and Brittany.

Was Tiffany friends with any of them?  Didn't seem like she met them.  Dodged a bullet there, but still had sex with him, so ewww.  She's also the one who got him a deal with his nose job and booked a boys' trip away to San Diego, and what did Jax do?  Fks some other girl.

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Ariana sings like Tom plays the trumpet.

You beat me to it!  I posted mine before I saw yours.  But happy to know that someone else is thinking what I'm thinking, haha!

• Love 1

Jacqueline is the trashiest, most horrible person ever on VPR.  That says a lot.  I bet all the $ James sends her goes straight up her nose.  I hope he stays in therapy and eventually cuts her out of his life.  People like her never change.

That was probably the cheapest PJ Randall could buy- I mean, rent.  They were all acting like a bunch of hillbillies over it.

Solvang looks like a cute place to visit!  Especially after reading all your posts about Danish and cookies :-) I don't drink but I'm all about getting my desserts on.

• Love 10