Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lady Calypso

S02.E06: Power of Veto #2; Live Eviction #2

Recommended Posts


Julie's wearing a decent dress tonight but I don't think beigey tan is her best color.

Here's Tamar exaggerating stuff as usual. Like Kato never cleans. She's like - who was it that got mad because someone said "Good morning" to her? Was it Raven or someone from last season? Maybe Bayleigh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Tamar, since you seem set on your sexism martyrdom (in addition to other flavors), let me help you out. You're a bitch. Bye. 

(Sorry y'all. I have a *very* short fuse for that kind of crap.) 

Just now, Lamb18 said:

Julie's wearing a decent dress tonight but I don't think beigey tan is her best color.

Here's Tamar exaggerating stuff as usual. Like Kato never cleans. She's like - who was it that got mad because someone said "Good morning" to her? Was it Raven or someone from last season? Maybe Bayleigh?

That was Bayleigh, one of Tyler's several heinous sins that led to her literal spitting-blood-fury meltdown. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so busy looking at my new HSA account I forgot to watch the show. But it looks like Ryan knows about the plan to backdoor him.

12 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

That was Bayleigh, one of Tyler's several heinous sins that led to her literal spitting-blood-fury meltdown. 

Thanks - I remember now! I was watching the live feeds when all that went down.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Julie Chen-Moonves: "... tonight's Live Veto competition."
Natalie Eva Marie Nicole Megan Heather: "Let's go!"
Me: "Who the fuck let Kaycee back in the house?!"

Me to the HGs for voting out Ryan Lochte:
tenor.gif?itemid=5391571
(Hey, I got to use it after all!)

I'll miss you and your little swim shorts, Ryan. I do appreciate that Ryan, Julie, and the interview chairs tried to coordinate their outfits with each other.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Well, good for Tom winning the POV. I wonder if he'll use it on Dina. But first he needs to break it - the POV symbol came off the chain!!

And he did use it on Dina! And Kato's diabolical plan is coming to full fruition: he nominates Ryan. 

Kato, you don't have to apologize. Play your game and own your moves.

I hadn't thought of Tamar has a team player. 

I hope Ryan stays. He had a decent speech.

Joey:  Tamar (he wasn't included in the plan)

Tom:  Ryan

Lolo:  Ryan!! (Why????)

Dina: Ryan

Kandi: Ryan

Ricky:  Ryan

Natalie:  Ryan

Rats! I liked Ryan. And now we're stuck with more tantrums.

So why aren't they showing the interview with Ryan? We're just seeing Kato and Joey talk. And Lolo crying.

Ryan's shirt looks like the shirt in that one commercial where the guy's on a date and his v-neck T-shirt is a crumpled u-neck.

No good-bye messages???

I don't use Twitter so I guess I can't vote. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, IndyMischa said:

Excellent classy exit interview, my fave eye candy. You will be missed! 

I feel like Lolo crying in the bathroom right now. Not my eye candy!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if he was "resume building", but it seems like it would have been smarter for Tom to tank the veto and let Tamar take herself off the block.  I guess it gives him points with Dina, but it seemed like a weird move.

Joey - don't lump yourself in with Ryan, I don't think you're on anyone's radar, although you should be!!!

I pick on Tamar a lot, but I have to say she looked good tonight.  Her makeup was spectacular!

I'm sure she'll do something to screw it up, but I'm really having a change of heart towards Lolo, the apology to Tamar and the tears for Ryan are making her much more likable.

Edited by leocadia
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Julie's wearing a decent dress tonight but I don't think beigey tan is her best color.

Looked fine to me.  ;>

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan worked really hard mugging for the DR cameras until production was happy.

Sorry to see him go.  At least he saw it coming.  Alas; so many more annoying targets.

Crapshoot Veto.  Ryan didn't have any special advantage for that even if he did play.

Hell, Tamar's second shot would have won the first round.

Tom and Kato may be overplaying this.

Now they look like the big targets.

I spotted Invisible Ricky on the couch. 

Enough of this whining about how sad they all are.  Boo Hoo!  I liked Kandi getting right to the point.

Is the jury sequestered?

Oh no! More Breaking News.

Power of the Publicist?  A free two vote Veto.  We shall see how this "twist" works out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Arrgh.  I knew Tamar would try to make it all about her when Ryan was voted out.  She was screeching about how she forgot to say anything to her mom, her child, her bee.  She cried, loudly, when Ryan's picture when gray.  She exhausts me.  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Ryan worked really hard mugging for the DR cameras until production was happy.

If we didn't know he's a recovering addict, I'd have thought he was drunk and/or stoned. As it is, I'm not ruling out "all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" 

2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Enough of this whining about how sad they all are.  Boo Hoo!  I liked Kandi getting right to the point.

Is the jury sequestered?

They are not sequestered, which is why I'm trying to hold down my annoyance at the boohooing nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

 

[Sorry, no idea how to kill the box with the rest of the quoted post on mobile?? #techfail] 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Arrgh.  I knew Tamar would try to make it all about her when Ryan was voted out.  She was screeching about how she forgot to say anything to her mom, her child, her bee.  She cried, loudly, when Ryan's picture when gray.  She exhausts me.  

Me too! I was hoping she would go. Then, I figured she focus on who was the 1 vote for her and go crazy on that. 

Has anyone changed their name on here to I slipped on a shrimp today? That would be amazing. 

I don't think Ryan is great eye candy, but he seemed like a nice guy. Sad to see him go. Never would have thought I would type that sentence 2 weeks ago! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

They are not sequestered, which is why I'm trying to hold down my annoyance at the boohooing nonsense. 

That makes it totally understandable - as annoying as it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

No thanks, show, I'll skip the America's Vote since the only two people I would have any interest in using it on are kaput.

I don’t even care who wins now.  I’m kinda rooting for Tamar only because it would have to be an absolute clusterfuck for her to get to the end.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry Julie, but your dress in that color and fabric made me think there is a chair somewhere without it's slipcover. (But it was kind of her to build solidarity with the interview chairs!)

I loved that when Tamar knew the backdoor plan she was still all pissed off sitting on the block because it wasn't HER that got saved with the veto. You could just see her squirming and making faces... and her playing the sexism card was a classic case of "What did you hear me say?" 'Cause she twisted that shit real quick. I think she's one that goes through life seeking out reasons to be pissed at the world so she can wail and cry every five minutes about how put upon she is. Man is it tiring.

Ryan was a good sport but not a great houseguest/player and I won't miss his pained DR's much.

I'm okay with Kato/Tom/Lolo/Purple Monkey Dishwasher 'running' things as long as they don't get big heads about it *looks at Tom*

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

 

[Sorry, no idea how to kill the box with the rest of the quoted post on mobile?? #techfail] 

 On my cell phone I simply position the flashing cursor as if I were going to be typing a reply (outside the box) and hit "backspace." That seems to take the box out.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I loved that when Tamar knew the backdoor plan she was still all pissed off sitting on the block because it wasn't HER that got saved with the veto. You could just see her squirming and making faces... and her playing the sexism card was a classic case of "What did you hear me say?" 'Cause she twisted that shit real quick. I think she's one that goes through life seeking out reasons to be pissed at the world so she can wail and cry every five minutes about how put upon she is. Man is it tiring.

One kazillion times this. 

11 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm okay with Kato/Tom/Lolo/Purple Monkey Dishwasher 'running' things as long as they don't get big heads about it *looks at Tom*

"Purple Monkey Dishwasher" is f'ing genius. Well played! 

9 minutes ago, Skycatcher said:

 On my cell phone I simply position the flashing cursor as if I were going to be typing a reply (outside the box) and hit "backspace." That seems to take the box out.

That works on my computer but not my phone - maybe an iPhone vs Android thing? But thank you for trying to help a sister out anyway! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

Has anyone changed their name on here to I slipped on a shrimp today? That would be amazing. 

SlipperyShrimp would be a good name.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Not really too much to add here as it seemed like a foregone conclusion Ryan would be leaving. He seemed to take it very well but is the news reports he destroyed a gas station on the way home then we'll know he was faking it.

So Joey Lawrence doesn't believe in alliances and now he's a sitting duck/cannon fodder. You really do reap what you sow I guess.

Tamar almost crying when Ryan got evicted instead of her was bizarre.

I LOVE that little "nook" where the couch is in front of a fire table in almost a forested area. If  I was in the house I'd be hanging out there ALL the time. It's just very cool and something we've never seen before....which reminds me...they built a special pool just for Ryan....does that now get the heave-ho?


Man, that elaborate movie theater/veto comp must have taken HOURS to set up...can't believe that it the back yard....in fact, I don't recall really seeing the full back yard at all this season with people just lounging about in hammocks and such.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I understand why they voted Ryan out, but I would have voted for Tamar ! She's so lid and obnoxious and cause way too much drama.

 

Being on the House must really play on your mind, because people seem to lose their senses in there. They get upset and start yelling over things very quickly. Though I probably shouldn't judge-- I'm pretty much a loner and like the quietness of it, so I'd probably lose it quickly too !

 

It would be kind of funny if Kato won the game ; he was once America's most famous houseguest and he can be that , if he wins, for the 2nd time in his life ! Not too many people can say that.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Man, that elaborate movie theater/veto comp must have taken HOURS to set up...can't believe that it the back yard....in fact, I don't recall really seeing the full back yard at all this season with people just lounging about in hammocks and such.

Thanks to the accelerated eviction schedule, and associated comps, the CBB backyard is tiny. Regular seasons use periodic house "lockdown" to set up comps; CBB basically has permanent tiny yard and comp spaces delineated. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm so busy looking at my new HSA account I forgot to watch the show.

What is HSA?  Must be good if you forgot to watch the show!  I want one!

 

2 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I don't think Ryan is great eye candy, but he seemed like a nice guy. Sad to see him go. Never would have thought I would type that sentence 2 weeks ago! 

My thoughts exactly.  From not-eye-candy to never-thought-I'd-type-that-sentence-about-Ryan Lochte.

My favorites are Tom & Kato, in that order.  Either could win and I'd be happy.  Anybody else wins and I'll be sad.  But I'll get over it real quick.

 

Does HSA involve food?  Because I'm hungry.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Julie Chen Moonbeem looked lavish in her Wal-Mart hi end apparel!  Somebody in wardrobe is having fun and I bet Moonbeem's contract missed that one!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Julie Chen Moonbeem looked lavish in her Wal-Mart hi end apparel!  Somebody in wardrobe is having fun and I bet Moonbeem's contract missed that one!  

Actually that was the only outfit I remotely liked in all the years she has been on the show as host.  Except the shoes.  I think high heeled shoes are just modern foot-binding.

Glad Ryan is gone.  Now can we do something about Screechy Bald Owl Lady next?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

There's a "Kato Kaelin finally hears something at the back door" sort of joke that I'm still not awake enough to make yet.

Joey -- and Dina -- both have yet to learn the lesson of "when it's early in the game, and alliances aren't set, throwing a pity vote to someone doesn't make you nice, it just makes you a target."

However, it looked like Joey went right up to Kato afterwards (from the ending scene mumblings) and started throwing Ricky under the bus. Ricky needs to make a move, and soon, or he's gonna be one of those players who reads the house perfectly, but never has the numbers to put that knowledge into use.

I also kind of love that Ryan is gone, because he was the last dude who looked like he could've been on actual Big Brother. The dynamic duo of Kato and Tom Green isn't a demographic we ever get on OG Big Brother anymore.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

This was probably answered in an earlier thread, but why does she have so many first names?

Share this post


Link to post

I think Natalie is her actual first name, and Eva Marie is her stage name.  So they added them all together to avoid...confusion?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I think Natalie is her actual first name, and Eva Marie is her stage name.  So they added them all together to avoid...confusion?

All that brings to mind is porn actresses.  They (almost) all have 2 first names as their stage name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

She used to be a WWE wrestler, and the company owns the name. They've been known to be super harsh (/petty) and refuse to let people use their stage names at all when they leave, but in her case it seems they just require it to be slightly modified. Why the F she doesn't just call herself Natalie, with an introductory fka, I do not know. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Nashville said:
12 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Julie's wearing a decent dress tonight but I don't think beigey tan is her best color.

Looked fine to me.  ;>

I even told my husband that I actually liked her dress on last night's show. I was thinking that I can't pull off wearing that color though because of my lighter hair color - too similar and it washes me out. I thought Dark haired Julie looked good in that color.

10 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I loved that when Tamar knew the backdoor plan she was still all pissed off sitting on the block because it wasn't HER that got saved with the veto. You could just see her squirming and making faces... and her playing the sexism card was a classic case of "What did you hear me say?" 'Cause she twisted that shit real quick. I think she's one that goes through life seeking out reasons to be pissed at the world so she can wail and cry every five minutes about how put upon she is. Man is it tiring.

The problem is that half the world has this stupid type of agenda. PC gone wild. I absolutely cannot stand people like this. And oh, Tamar - Kato wasn't asking you to be a maid - just to clean up after your own nasty sloppiness!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, slasherboy said:

My favorites are Tom & Kato, in that order.  Either could win and I'd be happy.  Anybody else wins and I'll be sad.  But I'll get over it real quick.

Same here except for the order. Who knew I'd like Kato so much? And same goes for Tom. 

Is it me or does it look like Joey Lawrence is sick? He just looks so bad - so, so bad.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Tamar hears things people don't even say.  She's intuitive like that.

Joey looks like a drawing out of a 13 year old girl's sketchbook.  What was he thinking with the PoV, no one will ever know. 

I think Lolo's nuts for not trying to keep Ryan in the house- now she's the only Olympian. Just kidding that's not the only reason Lolo's nuts.

Julie looked gorgeous in her suede dress.  (At least I think it was suede.)  It was like the 2019 version of the $1K outfit in Can't Buy Me Love.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Suzysite said:

I think Natalie is her actual first name, and Eva Marie is her stage name.  So they added them all together to avoid...confusion?

LOL.

 

49 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

She used to be a WWE wrestler, and the company owns the name. They've been known to be super harsh (/petty) and refuse to let people use their stage names at all when they leave, but in her case it seems they just require it to be slightly modified. Why the F she doesn't just call herself Natalie, with an introductory fka, I do not know. 

Ok.  That makes sense.  And, just Natalie, would be less confusing.  The first times I heard all those names, I thought Julie was referring to 2 different women.

 

9 hours ago, slasherboy said:

My favorites are Tom & Kato, in that order.  Either could win and I'd be happy. 

Me too.  They just seem so, well, normal. 

8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Julie Chen Moonbeem   

I'm sure it's too late now, but I wish she'd go back to just Julie Chen.  The Moonves brings up a bad vibe every time I hear her say it.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

HSA, health savings account, is a money savings account for medical expenses. We have one too.

I liked Moonbeem's outfit. 

I too thought Tom should have let Tamar win veto. 

Ryan's eyes remind me of my Dad's. So much so that I wonder..... nah

Not sure who I want to win. I like someone one minute but then dislike then the next. Kandi so far has been the least to annoy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Now that Ryan's out it doesn't seem like the celebrity level is that high this season.  It seemed to me that last year there were more "celebrities" with whom I was familiar.  Now it seems like there will be nonstop personal drama which doesn't interest me.  I'll probably still watch (well, at least now and then), but I was really hoping that Tamar would leave and my enjoyment of the season would increase.  But, alas...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

 Now it seems like there will be nonstop personal drama which doesn't interest me.

 I watched the episode with my TV on, the sound off, while reading a book. I just want the highlights, no drama mama, thankyouverymuch. Just who won what,  who voted for whom,  who's leaving.

For the rest of it? I'm already over these no-name D-list famewhores and don't really give a damn.

Edited by Skycatcher

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Not sure who I want to win. I like someone one minute but then dislike then the next. Kandi so far has been the least to annoy.

She really is remarkably low key for a Real Housewife! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

"I slipped on a shrimp today" takes spot number 2 right under "The red hots are for my mommy!" on my list of reality show aphorisms.

The eps run together for me when they're so frequent, so I'm not sure if this was last night's, but did Joey seriously break out a Batman-esque voice in his DR? Oh, honey....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Now that Ryan's out it doesn't seem like the celebrity level is that high this season.  It seemed to me that last year there were more "celebrities" with whom I was familiar.

There was a CBB last year?  jk,  but the network promos made it sound like this was the first, and I had totally forgotten who the "celebrities" were last time. Both times it seems like they've aimed for a an assortment of names broad enough for most people to have heard of a few; YMMV as to which.

Share this post


Link to post

Dina Lohan might as well not even be there. The only footage they have of her is shy little looks like she's shrugging her shoulders to avoid talking but wants to still say she played.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Dewey Decimate said:

Did Joey seriously break out a Batman-esque voice in his DR?

He most certainly did, kee-kee laughing!  

16 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

Hey Tamar, since you seem set on your sexism martyrdom (in addition to other flavors), let me help you out. You're a bitch. Bye. 

A-to-the-men!  Y'know, when a friend cut me out of his life seven years ago he said drama was to blame....okay, I owned that and since then I've made changes to my attitude but in no fucking way could I have acted like Tamar, and I am the youngest in my family! (Um, I still have a Sonny Corleone quick temper, but my empathy skills have improved, so there's that!)  Anyway, her 'fight' with Kato was fucking stupid.  He did not say she was the maid nor did he say 'Go home to your Vincent-looking kid'.  She just has to twist everything around like a damned pretzel.  As much as I wasn't into Ryan, I was mega pissed when he got evicted because it should have been her bald-headed ass.

Still not digging Talking Tina and the Purple Headed Monkey.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Dina is trying to present herself as a playa!  She looks dumb and those white go go boots really took me back a few decades!  What's with the sparkles on her eyes?  She looks like a cupcake!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dewey Decimate said:

"I slipped on a shrimp today" takes spot number 2 right under "The red hots are for my mommy!" on my list of reality show aphorisms.

The eps run together for me when they're so frequent, so I'm not sure if this was last night's, but did Joey seriously break out a Batman-esque voice in his DR? Oh, honey....

Nothing will ever top "My ox is broken!" and I look forward to the return of Colin this spring but the shrimp one was pretty funny too.

 

1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

There was a CBB last year?  jk,  but the network promos made it sound like this was the first, and I had totally forgotten who the "celebrities" were last time. Both times it seems like they've aimed for a an assortment of names broad enough for most people to have heard of a few; YMMV as to which.

CBB1 was far FAR more fun.  Wasn't any real mean stuff and everyone was actually playing hard yet having fun and a blast.  Even Omarosa didn't annoy me.  And she was the only one I ever had heard of last season since all "celebrity" editions of all TV shows feature Z-Listers. 

I came away really loving Ross last season.  No one grabs me this season.  Still rooting for Ricky and still can't stand Bald Woman, Bald Man and Unfunny Comedian though BB seems to know now to cut out all of the latter's endless one ball "jokes.".

Edited by green
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I spaced out immediately after Lochte's interview was over. I do that a lot. Julie droning on about 'Be with us next Mon. to find out what happens on Weds. before it REALLY happens on Thurs. but expect the unexpected, because it might not.' schpiels tend to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

But I gather there's some kind of public vote for something. Any of you nice folks care to tell me what that is? Thanks.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, llewis823 said:

it me or does it look like Joey Lawrence is sick? He just looks so bad - so, so bad.

In fairness to Joey, most of us are comparing him now to how he looked as a baby-faced teenager. A lot of years have gone by. I'm sure people would be horrified by the juxtaposition of me at 17 and me now, even though I look pretty much like a normal person of my age. I think the main thing with Joey is that he used to have such a cute chubby face with wavy long hair, and now he's 1% body fat with no hair and a few more decades. It's bound to be a jolt. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size