Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Power of Veto #2; Live Eviction #2

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, mikewho said:

I spaced out immediately after Lochte's interview was over. I do that a lot. Julie droning on about 'Be with us next Mon. to find out what happens on Weds. before it REALLY happens on Thurs. but expect the unexpected, because it might not.' schpiels tend to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher to me.

But I gather there's some kind of public vote for something. Any of you nice folks care to tell me what that is? Thanks.

It has a silly name, but is essentially a "stay off the block free card," covering the next two evictions. At any one of the next two nom ceremonies or veto meetings, hamster can play the card and cannot be nominated. If you watched BB20, it's a shorter version of Tyler's Cloud power app. 

I've never seen Joey Lawrence in Anything, but I do recognize the pics of him 'back in the day' as being a teen-somebody.

I'd agree with Melina22. That was a long time ago and now he looks very different, but that happens when you get older. The posts I didn't like were the ones where folks implied he looks sick.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm sure it's too late now, but I wish she'd go back to just Julie Chen.  The Moonves brings up a bad vibe every time I hear her say it.

Agreed. I keep thinking that instead of Chen-bot, she's now Moon-bot.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mikewho said:

But I gather there's some kind of public vote for something. Any of you nice folks care to tell me what that is? Thanks.

"America's Vote" is now via twitter and this one they are calling 'Power of the Publicist'.

The Power of the Publicist will allow the chosen Houseguest to remove him or herself from nomination at one of the next two Nomination Ceremonies or Veto Meetings. The power can only be used once and expires after the Veto Meeting on Feb. 4, 2019, whether it is used or not.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, leocadia said:

I'm sure she'll do something to screw it up, but I'm really having a change of heart towards Lolo, the apology to Tamar and the tears for Ryan are making her much more likable.

The tears for Ryan made me loathe her even more.  Her alliance with Ryan and Jonathan broke down because she was the one who turned against them first. (Oh boo hoo! They didn't tell her they were changing one of the noms. It wasn't her or any of her allies who were nominated so she had no reason to destroy the alliance because of that.) Ryan caught on and debated nominating her but he didn't, still hoping they could work together - she was the one who then actively turned on him. So she can stfu with her bullshit tears.  I can't stand her and it irritates me that she's probably going to make it to the end now.

Has there ever been a houseguest who got as little air time as Ricky? Every time I see him in the background, I'm like: "Oh yeah! He's there."

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't know when her contract is up, but I do hope in the future that TPTB move on from her and bring in a different host.  I don't need to hear the constant reminder of who Julie is married to.

Her contract is up after this celebrity season ends.  No word on whether CBS wants her back or if she even wants to be back that I know of.  But yes the Moonves bit is bad bad bad.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, green said:

Her contract is up after this celebrity season ends.  No word on whether CBS wants her back or if she even wants to be back that I know of.  But yes the Moonves bit is bad bad bad.

I have this feeling she sees the writing on the wall for it being her last go so she's sticking with the Chen-Moonves thing to be defiant of them moving her along.

I hope she stays (and drops her Chen-Moonves protest) as I really can't imagine the show being done by anyone else without it being really weird.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I am not a big fan of all of the jewelry she wears.  It seems like she is showing off.

I think this is also part of her 'plan' as she's been dripping in diamonds of late and making sure to show off her huge wedding ring as well.

• Love 3
On 1/29/2019 at 2:30 AM, mojoween said:

No thanks, show, I'll skip the America's Vote since the only two people I would have any interest in using it on are kaput.

I don’t even care who wins now.  I’m kinda rooting for Tamar only because it would have to be an absolute clusterfuck for her to get to the end.

It would be up there with Josh winning, Lolo winning would seem strange as well.

I really didn't have a problem with Josh winning. Because he won over PAUL.

Tamar would be the LAST person I'd want to see win this season of a big clusterfuck.

I don't know anything about Kandi's previous TV appearances, since I'd never heard of her before, but just judging by THIS season of BB, I wouldn't mind her winning. I kinda like her.

Dina winning would be a perfect dive-bomb of an end. I imagine all the other big egos thinking, 'WTF? What did SHE do to win? She wasn't even Entertaining!'

And I'd laff.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2